AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 86 50.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 9.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 4.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.78%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-16, 13:27   Link #281
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Neither. Just that they are completely different from each other. Not really at all comparable, IMHO.

And, as for the "Are you watching the same anime as me" quip... did you really think I actually expected some kinda response to that? It was a quip, nothing more, nothing less...
It wasn't merely a quip. But if it was a legitimate question, that was my legitimate answer.

I'm hoping I could look back and say Toradora remains to be one of the best anime of 2009. ;_;
Old 2009-03-16, 13:56   Link #282
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
I'm hoping I could look back and say Toradora remains to be one of the best anime of 2009. ;_;
Don't see much else this year being very good.

Could be wrong though. Usually am.
Old 2009-03-16, 14:08   Link #283
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
It wasn't merely a quip.
Trust me, it was. Not looking forward to heated arguments, myself.

Quote:
Well, I can honestly say that, to me, it honestly is just so. No matter the end - but I have the utmost confidence that it won't really be all that disappointing, myself.

Old 2009-03-16, 15:11   Link #284
Kelvets

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Is it just me or the Taiga's character art is helluva different from other episode?
It's not just you. I've already posted the definite proof:

I had never seen Taiga this ugly before.
Old 2009-03-16, 16:36   Link #285
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well... I'll call it MY best anime of the 1st quarter of 2009.... and one of my top five in the last year or two easily. But it depends on how I sort I do poorly with "choose your favorite out of totally disparate genre" questions.
Old 2009-03-16, 16:57   Link #286
typhonsentra

Given how much I post here it's probably obvious I like the series a lot, but it's probably the most I've gotten into any show of any kind in many years. It'll probably be a while before I find something that just clicks with me like this again.
Old 2009-03-16, 17:11   Link #287
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Given how much I post here it's probably obvious I like the series a lot, but it's probably the most I've gotten into any show of any kind in many years. It'll probably be a while before I find something that just clicks with me like this again.
I feel exactly the same way.
Old 2009-03-16, 17:45   Link #288
Kelvets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Judging from your avatar, I guess you'd agree with me that the show that came closest to Toradora! for you, in terms of total identification with the series, was The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, as it was for me.
Old 2009-03-16, 17:56   Link #289
Krueger
...from Germany

Mein ToraDora!

Quote:
Me too. I think it's partly because I'm in their age.

But all the people involved in creating ToraDora! did a great job. The story surely can speak for itself. Although it dosen't really depend on it, the animation was also quite good (as far as I can tell) for most of the time. The characters (main and side) were all likeable, very interesting and acting understandable.

I must admit I did not watch it from the beginning (I mean, I did watch it chronologically but not from last year on.). Nevertheless, I've seen 1-16 on my first ToraDora-Day (^^) and from that moment on, I was waiting for next episode to arrive while counting the minutes left. You see, I never liked Anime (in general) much but now I'm currently searching for the next series to watch... after ToraDora!

It's really sad, ToraDora! is going to end soon. I wouln't mind if they do 10 more episodes, just showing Ryuuji cooking and cleaning while Taiga is talking some nonsense about his duty as her dog. Really...
Old 2009-03-16, 18:26   Link #290
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvets View Post
Judging from your avatar, I guess you'd agree with me that the show that came closest to Toradora! for you, in terms of total identification with the series, was The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, as it was for me.
Yeah, Haruhi was the last show I felt this way about.

Too bad Toradora is nowhere near as popular...
Old 2009-03-16, 20:18   Link #291
Windows X

This show could be masterpiece of work for either adult manner or anime manic's views.

Seriously, this could be next since Spice and Wolf that I can watch each episode with personal's consideration and never get bored of it.
Old 2009-03-17, 00:11   Link #292
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
what would you consider a masterpiece (in the anime genre)?
Fair question. Since personal preference and opinion play so much into it, I guess you'd have to look at the sheer number behind statements of something being a masterpiece. Giving more clout to the people who can better explain their opinion, but not taking away the count of the more simple opinions. Then you'd have to decide the parameters for what you are considering it to be a masterpiece for.

If you were to ask within the romantic school comedy genre, Toradora would rank fairly high even in my own list. Spread that out to anime as a whole and I don't believe it'll maintain that high position.

If you're actually curious about my pick for a masterpiece, just ask and I'll answer it.
Old 2009-03-17, 00:38   Link #293
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
It wasn't merely a quip. But if it was a legitimate question, that was my legitimate answer.

Well so far it is....
Old 2009-03-17, 01:25   Link #294
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Well so far it is....
yep, we still have an entire year left for disappointments.

though, for me, if a show is good enough for me to hop on these forums and DISCUSS about it, then it goes into my top shows list. there are a couple exceptions though.

もいちど。。。
Old 2009-03-17, 01:35   Link #295
Proudleaf

Quote:

In terms of romantic comedy--or comedy in general for that matter--I haven't seen much of anything that could compete with it.

I'm not sure why your so worried over the quality of Toradora. I mean, if you genuinely enjoy the show, and if you are sufficiently inspired by the show, isn't that enough to warrant appreciation?

Anyways, another episode that ends with a pretty dramatic ending. I especially liked the way the focus zoomed in on Ryuuji's face near the end; there was this great psychological vibe to it, and I really liked the touch.
Old 2009-03-17, 02:23   Link #296
blaqkpupil

well, it had taken me a while to get into toradora, i would only watch a couple episodes here and there, but i've finally caught up with the series

mistaken that it was completed but found out it's on-going and only episode 23 is out so far

the anime so far as been great, it didn't feel rushed and i love the development of the characters feelings and how they came to realize what it is that they truly wanted. sure, the animation here and there is a little sketchy, but i like it in those fight/fast scenes like in this episode with taiga's head roll, it just makes it seem like it's happening in real time.

one of the best so far for 2009(:
Old 2009-03-17, 03:32   Link #297
wistfulloner

Quote:

That's because Toradora doesn't look half as good as MoHS in terms of animation quality, and is (if I'm not wrong) not as hyped.

Sad, but unfortunately true, despite the enormous effort put into it.
Old 2009-03-17, 04:24   Link #298
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aye.... definitely lower budget animation.... and a bit of a sleeper in terms of marketing. It may be one of those that grows in popularity after the fact.
Old 2009-03-17, 04:43   Link #299
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuou View Post
Fair question. Since personal preference and opinion play so much into it, I guess you'd have to look at the sheer number behind statements of something being a masterpiece. Giving more clout to the people who can better explain their opinion, but not taking away the count of the more simple opinions. Then you'd have to decide the parameters for what you are considering it to be a masterpiece for.

If you were to ask within the romantic school comedy genre, Toradora would rank fairly high even in my own list. Spread that out to anime as a whole and I don't believe it'll maintain that high position.

If you're actually curious about my pick for a masterpiece, just ask and I'll answer it.

Hehe i already asked once, but ill ask again so you know i was serious.

what would you consider a masterpiece?

how about give me one pick in the romantic school drama/comedy genre

and then one more in an "open" category.

and to make it fair I will do the same.

My pick for a masterpiece in the Romantic School Drama/comedy category

Clannad

I just finished the 2 seasons of Clannad tonight (i watched them over the last 3 days so i didn't have to wait each excruciating week for the next episode like i do with toradora).

What a great story. The first season was almost as funny as school rumble.

Spoiler for joke:

and for the open category hmm...

My pick for a masterpiece in the open category

Eureka 7

oh man what a good series. i watched it in a marathon session in 1 sitting. I finally went to sleep when it was done and i watched it all in one sitting again. its just that good of an anime. its even got a good theme song which Clannad doesnt.

to keep this on topic. i don't think toradora is as good as either of these two animes, but there are still two episodes left. it could pull a come from behind win.

your turn
Old 2009-03-17, 05:15   Link #300
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:

But you have to remember that nobody knew about Toradora! except some of the people that have already read the novel and it wasnt over-hyped like Haruhi or already established like Clannad.

I think that Toradora! is changing the way how you do romantic comedy/drama, even know that Clannad is better because of animation budget or being established already. Maybe Toradora! would be a masterpiece or game changer when it comes down to it, in the future. Besides I look at Anime or anything on TV for the story, not the visuals.