AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-29, 22:14   Link #981
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Thanks for posting the pics. Sora looks so cute that I want to cuddle her. I agree, the anime made her more on the "sexy" side, if that makes any sense. ^^
Old 2010-10-30, 01:08   Link #982
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
True, but a performer is a performer: they live on the appreciation of the audience. And she did go on to say that she's used to criticism, with people criticizing her because they don't like her character, etc., and just sloughs it off, but it somehow got to her this time, perhaps because she likes the show so much.
I agree.

Being a performer isn't juz about satisfying ownself in work, but also to satisfy other ppl through the work. No matter how experienced a performer is, there will always be a time where lotsa ppl who will complain about the work not being good enough, or worst, giving bad comments that may demotivate the performer's will to work.

I'm sure working as a seiyuu and performer isn't juz about working to get money to pay the cost of living. Most seiyuu that i read do their work becoz of the love for their work. As such, they may have conflicts with situation where their works weren't appreciated by ppl. This kind of situation is pretty common anyway, and applies to any kinds of job, but surely, its hard to escape from being emotional during work, especially if the work in which the seiyuu put alot of efforts onto it for the sake of keeping ppl enjoyed, being bashed and complaints instead by the ppl.

If newbies, its easy for them to get demotivated and they would probably quit their job after such harsh complaints, but for someone like Ono Ryouko who're experienced enough in this field, to be receiving such complaints, even though it hurts, but she can accept it with a grain of salt. No matter how used she is to complaints, she can't helped it too from being sad and emotional sometimes. Its normal anyway for work related to entertainment.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 02:55   Link #983
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Thanks for posting the pics. Sora looks so cute that I want to cuddle her. I agree, the anime made her more on the "sexy" side, if that makes any sense. ^^
It does make sense, and i believe is the exact thing they were shooting for with Sora's new design - somewhat more "mature" looking, with more readily apparent sex appeal. Given how much attention the anime is placing on sensuality, it isn't surprising they "adjusted" some things to this end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayn
Do you have a screen cap with Akira using her "Konata" smile
Can't say i have - these caps were taken in an express manner for this very post, it's not like i keep screencaps of the game lying around by default
Old 2010-10-30, 10:23   Link #984
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Indeed, though it isn't actually quite as noticeable in the anime itself Same deal for Akira - in all the artwork she seems to have received a quite commendable upgrade, not so much in the show itself it seems.
Yes, Sora isn't that big in the anime, I reckon they just exaggerated her features in this ilustration. We'll find out for sure in a few weeks, fufu~

Well, I don't mind if she gets an upgrade, as long as they don't go too far. The size on this artwork is fine.
Old 2010-10-30, 12:12   Link #985
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Spoiler for QUITE nsfw this time:
Scans like this make me drool in anticipation for Sora's arc.
A little daring I would say but fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Found my new wallpaper. Sora <3
Now this is nice to have as a wall scroll if they make it like one.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 14:44   Link #986
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I decided to pick this up and wow... This series has a nice atmosphere, but it pretty much stops right there. The show stopped being interesting after episode 1, and to be honest, I am not very interested in twincest....

Yeah 5/10 for first 4 episodes. Pace is too fast, many scenes are too generic, and too many random events that make my head spin. Not to mention that the sex just makes me go "lolwut."
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 10:50   Link #987
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for YnS 05 - The Universal Rewind Button:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 12:10   Link #988
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Spoiler for Episode 5 of Yosuga No Sora:

Last edited by margafred; 2010-11-01 at 12:21.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 13:10   Link #989
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep5 was outstanding, maybe the most enjoyable episode of any anime this season, for me. Done this way, the omnibus will work. Plot, character, feeling, image, eros, pace -- all excellent.
Spoiler for ep5:
By the way, do we have a lot of spoilers untagged here?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-11-01 at 13:41.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 14:46   Link #990
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Note to all: This thread is about to undergo one hell of a pruning.

Edit: Complete. Let's now continue discussing the episode for real.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-11-01 at 15:05.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 19:08   Link #991
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
These guys really know how to push the boundary.

And I still don't get the gigantic Akira head thing. And there's the fact that her eyes wobble constantly...
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 19:24   Link #992
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Based on episode 5, this will likely be my favorite arc. Aside from Motoka, Akira is the most lovable girl in this series for me. She just exhibits so much warmth and has a fun-loving personality. Anyway, I thought Haru acted rather chivalrous and the bath scene was steamy, yet romantic at the same time.
Old 2010-11-01, 19:53   Link #993
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
Spoiler for episode 5 spoiler:
Kagatob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 21:01   Link #994
Qikz

I can't really explain much about this episode other than it's damned awesome. Akira really has shown how nice of a character she really is, and just how much she actually differs from her sister. This episode had a nice amount of ecchi, mixed with Drama and I thought it was great.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 21:36   Link #995
justavisitor

I think this episode is pretty good, but I am still quite amused that our main hero can hook up with another girl so fast XD

it's like Haru is saying to the director: "Please give me a new episode 3 so I can get another girl"....

The main guy in Amagami at least has to rework everything in each arc; in the series, our main hero can just reload and choose different route...then 15 minutes later into the new episode he is already on verge of completing this new mission

I am not bashing this series lol...I like this episode, but it is a very funny experience XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 21:47   Link #996
HandofFate

the start of the Amatsume arc...enjoyable first episode.

Spoiler for YnS 5:
Old 2010-11-01, 22:01   Link #997
darlliu

Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-01, 22:51   Link #998
Zexas

Ep 5

Pretty good episode though I'm kind of dissapointed that they haven't reveal the twist of akira arc

I think they might benefit from it alot by revealing it earlier and then building the suspense for the the next final episode. Rather than combine it together with the last one ..... oh well
Old 2010-11-02, 00:33   Link #999
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep5:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 00:43   Link #1000
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep5:
Spoiler for Anime/Game Comparison; Motoka's story:

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation