Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-05-03, 00:05   Link #361
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Admission of what? If you get something right I will admit it and I said that before if you need make comparisons at least pick ones that make sense. If you stick with those noone would have problem with you.
I stick with factual comparisons. You just don't want to admit it. Just say that you disagree an move on. Remember, I didn't start this argument.
Old 2021-05-03, 00:24   Link #362
Tenzen12

I admit when I am wrong and I did many time in past. Which is difference between you and me. Anyway Nothing would make me more happy then you sticking with factual comparisons, but even if you say dog and cat is same spieces you will be wrong no matter how many times you will call it "factual"
Old 2021-05-03, 00:57   Link #363
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I admit when I am wrong and I did many time in past. Which is difference between you and me. Anyway Nothing would make me more happy then you sticking with factual comparisons, but even if you say dog and cat is same spieces you will be wrong no matter how many times you will call it "factual"
Sarcasm & hyperbole won't make your point any more valid. You speak empty without pointing out specifically which comparison from Page 16 that's not true.

Also, I admit my mistake. Look at the previous page.
Old 2021-05-03, 01:06   Link #364
Tenzen12

Except I did on page 17.

Anyway I will stop here until you make some dumb comparison again.I hope you will not give me reason continue next week.
Old 2021-05-03, 02:16   Link #365
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Except I did on page 17.

Anyway I will stop here until you make some dumb comparison again.I hope you will not give me reason continue next week.
No, what you typed in Page 17 were just sarcasm & hyperbole. A sign of inability to do proper argument.
Old 2021-05-03, 02:48   Link #366
Arya

mmm, since I forgot about IBO I really can't tell, but as pointed out this show seems to have been taken from many shows, as mentioned muv luv and I'll add gun parade march (even if not sure how known is that show), about the MC I could say he is Inaho of Aldnoah.zero w/o asperger (so basically with the ability to communicate), so far fits perfectly. As much as the MCs dynamics seem your-princess-meet-enemy-boy you can see again in Aldnoah as later in IBO, but I can go back to Kira and Lacus and so forth, or better, back since surely is as old at least as Cleopatra and Giulio Cesare

But as usual it is not so unusual to have similarities, the point is the spin. For example, I didn't like the onsen scene, but I appreciate the chances they did, prove they knew what they were doing, trying to spin it differently, despite for me was hit or miss.

Anyways, about the episode, I like how they managed the whole situation, even if a bit too animeish, and the pace was a bit slow but due.
Details apart, so I got answered about my previous question, how Lena will be able to meet the 86s. Basically it's already been done before, so it's within the the realms of military possibility and so there's room for her to ask for or decide to w/o the risk of desert. Theo also alluded to it. What I can't say is, what would be the advantage to be in person. Would she have the same technology she has in her room?

Oh, btw, the harem tag allude to some future development?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-03, 04:28   Link #367
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I just remembered, they're not gonna show how Kaie got killed? I thought A1 has enough budget for it.
Old 2021-05-03, 04:50   Link #368
GDB

Her mech got stuck in muddy terrain and ass blasted by the enemy. Why do they need to show it when all the context was given?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-03, 05:44   Link #369
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Her mech got stuck in muddy terrain and ass blasted by the enemy. Why do they need to show it when all the context was given?
*shrugs* Just sayin. I mean, I thought Kaie was important enough to have an on-screen death where we see her body.
Old 2021-05-03, 05:48   Link #370
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
*shrugs* Just sayin. I mean, I thought Kaie was important enough to have an on-screen death where we see her body.
Or to just remind us that in war, even if you are an significant and important character, you still can die an unimportant and insignificant death like anyone else
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-03, 05:53   Link #371
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
Or to just remind us that in war, even if you are an significant and important character, you still can die an unimportant and insignificant death like anyone else
That's good too. More IBO-ish or Gundam-ish in general.
Old 2021-05-03, 06:54   Link #372
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Oh, btw, the harem tag allude to some future development?
No, that's just something somebody randomly added when it was still in the Upcoming Series section.
Old 2021-05-03, 07:20   Link #373
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Second, if your main complaint from my post is just a little tongue-in-cheek label, that means the rest of the comparison is mighty fine.
Not it's not, what I pointed out was just the most blatant case. If I point out the most glaring mistake in something it doesn't mean that everything else is "mighty fine".

Quote:
Third, thanks for admitting that there are undeniable similarities between the two shows.
Yeah, but that's all that needs to be said, because you can pick any anime and you'll find another anime with undeniable similarities with it.

Like, do we really need to mention that two anime OP have 10 second sequences that are similar? I'll just drop this video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibPCLMH1NM4

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-03, 07:32   Link #374
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Not it's not, what I pointed out was just the most blatant case. If I point out the most glaring mistake in something it doesn't mean that everything else is "mighty fine".
The label is not a mistake. Just a tongue-in-cheek stuff. Since when everything has to be so rigid serious? Lighten up bud.

Also, you may point out other problems in my comparison if you want. Go ahead. Might lead to a good discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Yeah, but that's all that needs to be said, because you can pick any anime and you'll find another anime with undeniable similarities with it.

Like, do we really need to mention that two anime OP have 10 second sequences that are similar? I'll just drop this video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibPCLMH1NM4
Eh, I'm already satisfied beyond anything else in this thread when Lambdalith revealed that the author is very open about being a fan of IBO and his/her work is heavily influenced by it & borrowed from it. That's the answer I wanted. Everything else is just pizza crust at most.
Old 2021-05-03, 09:04   Link #375
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
And Lena's effort to ask their names for the second time, this time directly from the members, surprised me a little bit, but that was definitely a good move. Of course, I guess Lena's father is the "fox" leader and Shin's brother saved Lena were cliché, but acceptable.
Lena's father wasn't the Fox leader Theo looked up too. That guy died in the line of duty defending 86. Lena's father died because his helicopter was shot down, from the sound of it he had never actually stepped into the battlefield.
Old 2021-05-03, 09:26   Link #376
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Lena's father died because his helicopter was shot down, from the sound of it he had never actually stepped into the battlefield.
Yes, Karlstahl was saying exactly that, Vaclav did not do anything more than to watch while holding onto his ideals.
Old 2021-05-03, 09:56   Link #377
Frontier

Quote:
I just remembered, they're not gonna show how Kaie got killed? I thought A1 has enough budget for it.
We saw it for a split-second.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Lena's father wasn't the Fox leader Theo looked up too. That guy died in the line of duty defending 86. Lena's father died because his helicopter was shot down, from the sound of it he had never actually stepped into the battlefield.
And brought his own daughter with him to a warzone...which, yeah, probably wasn't the smartest thing to do even if it ended up working out in some form thanks to the Eighty-Six he was trying to teach her about .
Old 2021-05-03, 12:51   Link #378
MonkeyDude

Just wanted to read and lurk and was confused with all the IBO comparisons (which I haven't watched so thanks for the spoilers I guess?).

Quote:
Eh, I'm already satisfied beyond anything else in this thread when Lambdalith revealed that the author is very open about being a fan of IBO and his/her work is heavily influenced by it & borrowed from it. That's the answer I wanted. Everything else is just pizza crust at most.
Well I just want to point out that not once did I see mention of IBO in either the novel afterwords (could have missed it as I was just skimming through it) nor in the translated summary of an interview on twitter. Here's a couple of the tweets that are relevant to the post I'm quoting.

Quote:
the writer is basically a crazy mecha fan -- she's seen the third 0078 gundam film multiple times as a kid, knights of sidonia is a favorite of hers, and rayearth is the only shoujo show she grew up with -- so you can see the love of mecha designs when you read the book
Quote:
she doesn't deny the influence of these video games and mecha anime but she sees herself being influenced more by horror movies
in particular, the film adaptations of Stephen King's Mist and Philip K Dick's Second Variety (film title is Screamers)"
Oh and she was also listening to Sidonia when writing the afterword for the first volume. I mean Lena is obviously Shin's Hoshijiro right?
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-03, 13:14   Link #379
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
Oh and she was also listening to Sidonia when writing the afterword for the first volume. I mean Lena is obviously Shin's Hoshijiro right?
I think I remember her mentioning Raise Your Flag in at least one afterward, but I think I remember her mentioning Sidonia too...

I guess Lena is kind of like Hoshijiro/Tsugumi/Yuhata all rolled into one .
Old 2021-05-03, 14:33   Link #380
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think I remember her mentioning Raise Your Flag in at least one afterward, but I think I remember her mentioning Sidonia too...
The BGM for the afterwords:
Vol.1: Sidonia by Angela (Knights of Sidonia OP)
Vol.2: Run through the Jungle by Creedence Clearwater Revival
Vol.3: Seirankeppūroku by Ali Project
Vol.4: Raise your Flag by Man with a Mission (Gundam IBO OP)
Vol.5: Mirai no Eve by Ali Project (Avenger ED)
Vol.6: Lost One no Gōkoku by Neru feat. Kagamine Rin
Vol.7: Eyes on Me by Faye Wong (Final Fantasy VIII)
Vol.8: Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple
Vol.9: Yūen Toshi Veronica by Yurry Canon

Tags
harem, mecha, politics, sci-fi