AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-04, 13:48   Link #201
Davitz
Stupid Monkeys!

Send a message via MSN to Davitz
how did this topic go from extra scene 3 to...
how everyone is trying to make excuses up for why teressa died and how she was not able to dodge it and the pain etc etc
its something that happened early on in the manga/anime
get over it?
Old 2007-10-04, 14:17   Link #202
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Bah, don't interrupt our fun, it relates to the topic because it has to do with Priscilla's power level in comparision in what we saw in extra chapter 3, people simply want to compare it to Teresa's previous display of power and the debate went from there
Old 2007-10-04, 16:37   Link #203
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Miria's #1 fan as well as eternal defender of Teresa...*snicker*

Priscilla's too yummy - I can't bring myself to hate her even with all the crap she's done. Quite frankly, it's hard to hate anyone in Claymore based on the 'bad' that they've done. But alas, I digress. So now I'll just state some of what my feelings on my lil yummy Awakened are.

While a mature 20-something old Priscilla would have outclassed Teresa for sure, since all her power as well as potential was unleased at her Awakening...I assume that this means that her actual physical traits ie sword skills, agility and strength would have been ranked at 'A+' while her youki would have been 'S', making her the single greatest 'monster' ever created.

And several people, including Irene, have stated that Priscilla's hatred of Youma was the only think that rivaled her power. So the Priscilla walking around now has no recollection of 'recent' events because her power blew her brain. She did have a 'C' for mental conditioning as a Claymore - so that makes me think that with as high Youki as she had, when it got released all of a sudden, the shock literally blew her consciousness out the window, or at least most of it.
Old 2007-10-04, 18:24   Link #204
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Miria's #1 fan as well as eternal defender of Teresa...*snicker*

Priscilla's too yummy - I can't bring myself to hate her even with all the crap she's done. Quite frankly, it's hard to hate anyone in Claymore based on the 'bad' that they've done. But alas, I digress. So now I'll just state some of what my feelings on my lil yummy Awakened are.

While a mature 20-something old Priscilla would have outclassed Teresa for sure, since all her power as well as potential was unleased at her Awakening...I assume that this means that her actual physical traits ie sword skills, agility and strength would have been ranked at 'A+' while her youki would have been 'S', making her the single greatest 'monster' ever created.

And several people, including Irene, have stated that Priscilla's hatred of Youma was the only think that rivaled her power. So the Priscilla walking around now has no recollection of 'recent' events because her power blew her brain. She did have a 'C' for mental conditioning as a Claymore - so that makes me think that with as high Youki as she had, when it got released all of a sudden, the shock literally blew her consciousness out the window, or at least most of it.
I was thinking something along similiar lines, that she simply generates to much energy for her mind to function properly, and she even subconciously holdes it back. She was quite talented at supressing her Yoki
too.

P.S. Miria's #1 Fan/lapdog tyvm
Old 2007-10-08, 21:16   Link #205
password1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter ES 3.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

After episode 73 was published in the last volume of Shounen Monthly Jump the mangaka, Yagi-sensei, decided to take a break from continuing the story to release various side stories. This chapter is the third of four extra chapters that are being released monthly in Shounen Weekly Jump until Claymore is moved to a new monthly magazine. These chapters feature side stories that took place in the past. It is expected that they will be done after 4 episodes and then chapter 74 will be published.

Chapter ES 4 will be released in October, a month from now.
omg GAY!!! i dont mind him taking a break since october here already however montly releases are so slow and they usualy only release like 47 page chapters usualy weekly release are 15-19 pages average that and the lowest number of pages u could get is 60 wow this is just like when i found out tenhoue tenge was a monthly release man i wish they would just stick to one project and complete it instead of extending his hand to other things when he hasnt even finished his best project yet i really dont know what yagi is thinking but i guess everyone has there reasons but still this is kinda dumb to me
Old 2007-10-08, 22:03   Link #206
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by password1 View Post
omg GAY!!! i dont mind him taking a break since october here already however montly releases are so slow and they usualy only release like 47 page chapters usualy weekly release are 15-19 pages average that and the lowest number of pages u could get is 60 wow this is just like when i found out tenhoue tenge was a monthly release man i wish they would just stick to one project and complete it instead of extending his hand to other things when he hasnt even finished his best project yet i really dont know what yagi is thinking but i guess everyone has there reasons but still this is kinda dumb to me
  1. This is Yagi-sensei's only project.
  2. Yagi-sensei works by himself without a studio.
  3. He releases a chapter every single month, like clockwork, without taking any breaks.
  4. If he was able to keep up the same level of quality on a weekly schedule, I'm sure he'd be happy to do so.
That's probably a good part of what he's thinking. I also suspect that there is a lot else in his life and he isn't willing to sacrifice other things that are important to him for this manga. I'm just glad it is so darn good and that he isn't willing to sacrifice its quality to put it out faster.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-10-09, 02:53   Link #207
password1

it came off as if he was doing other projects i see this is his only project and im grateful he puts time into creating quality releases although it would probaly be possible if he worked with a studio is what im thinking. just really wish they were weekly is all im saying its so hard to find good action anime.manga like claymore and beserk..... if someone reads this and knows of a good recomendation feel free to pm it to me.. thx
Old 2007-10-10, 14:59   Link #208
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Yes, but anybody who's alive would outclass a dead person. And how can you say the above after professing to be an eternal defender of Teresa?
Old 2007-10-10, 17:53   Link #209
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Being a defender of Teresa does not negate his arguement over whether or not Priscilla would surpass Teresa if she had developed her skill fully. We are all talking theory here after all.
Old 2007-10-10, 19:10   Link #210
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Sure. I say all this in jest of course, it's just that it's the same idea that says Priscilla was faster than Teresa at the time she had off'd her when the difference between them was that Teresa was just standing there. I mean...let's give the girl a break! Teresa may be big with fans, but save for ONE person, she was despised by her contemporaries and her superiors, and most significantly the (in my view anyway) 2nd strongest character in the Claymore universe. She deserves our love!
Old 2007-10-10, 19:51   Link #211
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Heh, I think the only people that despised Teresa were the Black cloaks and the bandits. The Claymores were just after her because they were ordered too.
Old 2007-10-11, 04:30   Link #212
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by password1 View Post
As if you paying for his work.

Do you ever buy any legitimate copies of Claymore manga or tankubon?
Old 2007-10-15, 20:20   Link #213
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I just realized something, I think the injuries Priscilla received from Isley at the start of their fight DID give Priscilla amnesia. She had her typical "dream-state" personality until after Isley injured her, and then all of a sudden she starts throwing out a huge amount of energy and her personality changes.

My guess is that Priscilla was somehow holding her power back subconciously (similiar to how she spares little girls subconciously), but her amnesia somehow unblocked that power-check.

Something that just randomely crossed my mind as I was re-reading the extra chapters today.
Old 2007-10-16, 06:42   Link #214
azurie

watching the anime (and something i noticed was in the manga as well since at this time they were so close to each other) Priscilla just over looked Clare after she awakened. Now if i had just awakened and was as hungry as she said she was a nice tasty snack as Clare would "look" to be wouldn't go without me grabbin some ketchup and a napkin not sure about the rest of ya out there. Just found it odd myself and have to wonder why she didn't kill Clare back then and if she knew who that girl is now what would happen?
Old 2007-10-16, 09:02   Link #215
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurie View Post
watching the anime (and something i noticed was in the manga as well since at this time they were so close to each other) Priscilla just over looked Clare after she awakened. Now if i had just awakened and was as hungry as she said she was a nice tasty snack as Clare would "look" to be wouldn't go without me grabbin some ketchup and a napkin not sure about the rest of ya out there. Just found it odd myself and have to wonder why she didn't kill Clare back then and if she knew who that girl is now what would happen?
That is one of the great mysteries of Claymore, perhaps it was Priscilla subconciously avoiding killing those she considered "innocent?" Who knows, guess we will have to wait till Priscilla arrives on the scene again.
Old 2007-10-16, 10:34   Link #216
azurie

or perhaps reminded her to much of herself?
Old 2007-10-16, 10:50   Link #217
LesAmiesNoir
A hopeless romantic girl

Could be something alike to that. I've seen many theories on this one, a populare sibject. My personal belif is that she's sparing little girls in general, I'm also considering the incident with Ophelia here.
Old 2007-10-16, 11:00   Link #218
azurie

i will agree with many different theorys simply due to lack of knowlege as of yet. Once have enough to only support ONE theory then that i'm afraid is the one we will each have to go with regardless of who's it is and granted we may each end up picking different ones but that's why life is so special we have that choice =)
Old 2007-10-16, 11:02   Link #219
LesAmiesNoir
A hopeless romantic girl

Very true. We are free to believe what we wish to believe unless something else has been proven, until then we are free to argue, that's what the forums are partly about ^^;
Old 2007-10-16, 11:06   Link #220
azurie

and that's why i just love the free range of ideas we all share here nice and polite like =)
Closed Thread