AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-18, 11:03   Link #1
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Gon

Kinda a simple title, no? Didn't see a thread, or atleast none came up in the search, so... Yeah.

Anyways, sure plenty of people are aware, that Gon is getting an animated series and will air on April 2, 2012 at 6:00pm, more or less replacing Gintama's timeslot on TV Tokyo. The series is being directed by Kim Gil-Tae, while Character Designs are being handled by Noh Hyun-Min, with animation produced by Daewon Media. It will also be done with CG Animation.

Apparently this project was supposed to be broadcasted much earlier, but ended up getting delayed a year or two.

As for the voice cast, Motoko Kumai will be the voice of Gon. Choro (Cholo?) is voiced by Yuuji Mitsuya, and Speed King is voiced by Kenyuu Horiuchi.

I'm kinda curious how this will translate into an animated form. With the original not really having any dialogue so to speak, it will be interesting to see whether or not this really will as well. There was some footage of this shown back in 2010, which you can see here, which also reveals a bit more details regarding that they apparently plan to push this in Europe as well.

Anyways, hope this turns out alright.

(EDIT: Mod, if there is a thread on this, feel free to close, I honestly am getting no results in the search engine)
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 13:00   Link #2
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

CG animation? Damn, I was hoping that they’ll do it with 2D animation. My problem with Gon being CG lies in the environment department. Gon’s setting is in the jungle/wilderness, thus I’m not sure they’ll be able replicate the glorious spectacle of the wild like in the manga. Still, I really hope that Daewon Media will prove me wrong.
Old 2012-03-19, 02:49   Link #3
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

3D support would be very nice

I bet they only made a short anime like nyanpire for this...

end LOL they actually pick seiyuu for Gon, since the manga itself is dialogue-free

I thought they are gonna use computer generated voice for Gon
Old 2012-03-21, 08:37   Link #4
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Oh, boy. The manga's gonna be hard to beat. I won't accept anything less than godly visuals!
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 08:48   Link #5
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fevvers View Post
Oh, boy. The manga's gonna be hard to beat. I won't accept anything less than godly visuals!
That's why I'm worried about the 3D/CG. I don't want Gon turned into Backyardigans.
Old 2012-03-23, 07:19   Link #6
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Thought I should mentioned this. The opening theme was announced, called "Gon Gon Gon ~Chiisana Ousama~", and will be sung by 10 year old Seishiro Kato.
Old 2012-03-23, 18:37   Link #7
tyciol
*Artist

I actually bought the manga of this once because of playing Tekken 3, am going to watch anime for same reason.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 18:26   Link #8
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Okay, I saw the first episode, but I'll keep this brief.

So far, the anime seems to be delivering what it is. While most of the animals do speak in this version, it's interesting to note that Gon himself does not appear to have any actual lines, except saying his name, almost like he's become a Pokemon of some sort. However, regardless, I felt the first episode in itself was really well done. The CG didn't feel out of place, the music was very pleasant, the voices were well done and even for those who don't understand any Japanese, it's pretty easy to understand the story and follow along.

Opening was pretty good and cute. Ending, however, surprisingly enough, was done in 2D fashion. I didn't feel it felt too out of place either. You can view both below. (Sorry for the quality, took them from watching a live stream. Not through keyhole, btw)

Opening

Ending
Old 2012-08-05, 16:14   Link #9
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Gon is so cute it's a shame he is no longer in Tekken they prefer to keep "Kuma" and "kangaroo" brief for the anime is good for small and a little 3D animation? I do not know the real term

for opening and I confess that it stays in your head
Old 2012-08-13, 22:24   Link #10
Kitsu Breaker

No subs for this serie make me sad.

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote