AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 15 28.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 35.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 28.30%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-10, 19:25   Link #141
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Even if you are right, the inheritance will not be divided until the death of the head of the Kashiwazaki family, which can take years or even decades.
It is a posssibility I draw from being somehow in the same civil 'law family'; So its basically a guess. Though it turned out right in the Kotoura thread (I looked it up afterwards).

So solely from feeling I'd say even if they disinherit her and threow her out of the house (just for the sake of the argument, we all know pegasus would never do that) they'd still have to pay for her living.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Besides, Kodaka's a commoner - if Sena was going to be forced into a marriage for her family's sake, it'd be with a rich guy.
Quote:
We know next to nothing about Kodaka's dad, he might be an only son that was disinherited by his rich family which happens to be acquainted with the Kashiwazaki family.

Taking ogon_bat's premisse engaging Sena to Kodaka just for that reason would actually make even more sense, since if his father was disinherited his children would become the heir's in his stead.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-03-10, 19:42   Link #142
Dr. Casey

Quote:
But lets not forget pegasus is young and does not look like the kind of man that built a huge fortune with his hard work and wits, so there is a chance that pegasus father is still alive and he is ATM the real owner of the Kashiwazaki family fortune and that he is the one behind the arranged marriage idea. This of course is mere speculation, but with Japan having one of the top five highest life expectancy in the world, it might be that far fetched.
There's nothing farfetched at all about it far as the ages matching up. Pegasus is in his 30s or 40s, so his father would likely be in his 60s or 70s, maybe 80s. Completely possible to be an active, busy person at those ages.
Old 2013-03-10, 20:10   Link #143
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I find it unlikely that the contract will make that much of a difference in the ending. If Sena and Kodaka do get together, it would be due to other events unrelated to the contract.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Old 2013-03-10, 22:00   Link #144
Anime Online

Well, it's just an anime.

It's not really believable that Kodaka's dad will just fly off to a long-term overseas work assignment and just leave his two kids to live by themselves. Isn't it more logical that he would bring both Kodaka and Kobato over to whichever country he's working? There's no pressing reason why both kids must remain in Japan. And he didn't even assign a legal guardian over them while he's away. It's just so weird imagining a parent doing what he's doing.

But since it's an anime, we have this implausible setting. It's impossible to bring in real-world concerns, because it's not the real world and it never pretended to be realistic. C'mon, a 11-year old sister teacher who is supposedly a genius? And here we have people wondering how much the Hasegawa family earns.
Old 2013-03-10, 22:18   Link #145
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
It's not really believable that Kodaka's dad will just fly off to a long-term overseas work assignment and just leave his two kids to live by themselves. Isn't it more logical that he would bring both Kodaka and Kobato over to whichever country he's working?
For a Japanese it is a big deal to leave Japan to live in a western country before they attend university because they do not good with western languages and there is also the culture-shock thing. At the start of the series Kodaka seems to be mature enough to take care of her younger sister, therefore I do not think the father decision of leaving them in Japan to be odd. Albeit I wouldn't be surprised if this was part of their fathers plans so Kodaka and Sena would (eventually) meet.

Quote:
a 11-year old sister teacher who is supposedly a genius?
The implausible part is the thing about her being a sister, but an 11 old genius is really nothing extraordinary.
Old 2013-03-11, 01:37   Link #146
FateAnomaly

From what i can tell, kodaka won't end up with Sena because he is either asexual or gay.
Old 2013-03-11, 02:03   Link #147
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Regardless, Kodaka doesn't seem to have a job, yet we don't see him and Kobato struggling to make ends meet living on their own, so there seems to be some amount of wealth. Also do we know what their mother's profession was before she died? She might've been fairly well off.
If they own the house they live in, they just have to pay for food and utilities. It's not that much money. Especially since Kodaka cooks.
Old 2013-03-11, 02:44   Link #148
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
If they own the house they live in, they just have to pay for food and utilities. It's not that much money. Especially since Kodaka cooks.
I thought living in Japan is regarded to be notoriously expensive. Food and utilities can't really be all they're paying, can it? How about land taxes or the like?

Though I guess these kind of things ultimately doesn't matter in an anime unless it's the premise or a plot point .
Old 2013-03-11, 02:49   Link #149
novalysis

Well, it is implied that their father sends them money - perhaps Kodaka has a household account for living expenses? Besides the entire issue of insecurity, Kodaka comes off as a very mature teenager. (And no, Harem denseness does not count).
Old 2013-03-11, 07:30   Link #150
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
If they own the house they live in
Chances are they pay rent since they have been moving around for more than a decade, why would their father own a house in what seems to be the middle of nowhere? I dunno if Japan is the same but here most people get a 10 year loan to pay for your house and the house has a flat-screen HDTV so it does not look like they just returned there after a decade of absence.

Quote:
How about land taxes or the like?
Here that is paid at the start of the year (someone please correct me if Japan has a different schedule for said tax) and I do not remember they have been there a year or that winter season has come. The NHK tax can be easily avoided by not opening the door
Old 2013-03-11, 08:55   Link #151
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Chances are they pay rent since they have been moving around for more than a decade, why would their father own a house in what seems to be the middle of nowhere? I dunno if Japan is the same but here most people get a 10 year loan to pay for your house and the house has a flat-screen HDTV so it does not look like they just returned there after a decade of absence.

Here that is paid at the start of the year (someone please correct me if Japan has a different schedule for said tax) and I do not remember they have been there a year or that winter season has come. The NHK tax can be easily avoided by not opening the door
Considering the possibility you drew earlier the house might very well be theirs.
Would actually make a lot of sense since paying two rents (His dead for his own house/flat and then his children's )would cost a fortune too

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-03-11, 09:18   Link #152
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

^Yea, renting the house might be a bit unlikely since it's fairly large for just the two of them. The living room, dining room, and kitchen are spacious, and they're actually able to accommodate Maria and Kate staying over. The rent for all these would be too high for two kids.

Of course, there's always the possibility that it's all nothing more than creative liberties that we're not supposed to think too much about...

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Old 2013-03-11, 10:02   Link #153
mironicus

Kodaka's father is the owner of the house (he said it in the first season). They already lived there ten years ago.
Old 2013-03-11, 10:08   Link #154
Sumeragi
Banned

What are we discussing again?
Old 2013-03-11, 10:16   Link #155
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Marriage... Apparently.
Old 2013-03-11, 11:13   Link #156
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

We'd moved on to how much money keeping Kodaka and Kobato in Japan was costing.
Old 2013-03-11, 11:19   Link #157
Sumeragi
Banned

Not much, given that they're in a fairly rural area.
Old 2013-03-11, 22:46   Link #158
FateAnomaly

They are by no means poor. They can afford to study in a private academy after all. Kodaka don't seem to be on scholarship. He got in through connections right? But he should still need to pay the school fees.
Old 2013-03-11, 22:48   Link #159
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, except they're at the academy as favor that their father asked of Tenma, so I don't think tuition costs really apply for them.
Old 2013-03-12, 11:41   Link #160
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah, except they're at the academy as favor that their father asked of Tenma, so I don't think tuition costs really apply for them.
Since we haven't heard any rumors about Kodaka having forced Phoenix to let the fee slide for him and his sister we can assume that it is actually being paid

Closed Thread