AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

View Poll Results: AMG! Season 2 Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 1 6.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 53.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 26.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 6.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 6.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-03, 20:42   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Welcome to this week's Episode of Ah! My Goddess Season 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Also remember that all the other series of AMG are licensed (first TV series, OVA, Movie, Mini-Goddess, and the manga) so no discussion about earlier fansubs or groups. Please use the Report button if you see any unmarked spoilers or other problems.

How to use Spoiler Tags

Spoiler tags are easy.

[spoiler=Megami and Keiichi]Are sister and brother.... What, you already knew!!![/spoiler]

...will get you this...

Spoiler for Megami and Keiichi:

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-05-11 at 14:01.
Old 2006-05-04, 23:42   Link #2
eggplant
Eggplant

Hmm, since Season Two will be 24 episodes (22 aired on TV and 2 DVD proprietary), I'm starting to accept that the first half will concentrate on Bell and K1's relationship, where everything starts to unfold in the latter half.

Spoiler for Episode 5:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Old 2006-05-05, 14:55   Link #3
Altrisha

Is Episode 5 released already?
Old 2006-05-05, 15:50   Link #4
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrisha
Is Episode 5 released already?
It has been broadcast and the RAW is out. We don't link to RAWs here, but people watching RAWs or the original broadcast do chat about the show days prior to the fan-subs.
Old 2006-05-05, 16:17   Link #5
Altrisha

Sorry umm what does RAW mean?
Old 2006-05-05, 16:26   Link #6
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrisha
Sorry umm what does RAW mean?
A RAW is the show without sub-titles (or English Dub) of any sort. It's the show as if you were in Japan watching it on TV.
Old 2006-05-05, 18:05   Link #7
Altrisha

Ah! Ok thanks. Lucky Japanese people hehehe
Old 2006-05-05, 23:54   Link #8
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Saw episode 05.
Spoiler for Comments on episode 05:

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2006-05-06 at 00:06.
Old 2006-05-07, 14:32   Link #9
kaitou_strife
Dragon1st class unlimited

Send a message via Yahoo to kaitou_strife
I've gived it only a 9 because i dont understand japanese verry well. But i like it.
Old 2006-05-07, 23:07   Link #10
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

hm Eggplant, did u say Season 2 will be 24 episodes and 2of which will be on DVD? where u get that info from? unless u r refering to Season 1.
Old 2006-05-08, 03:26   Link #11
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
hm Eggplant, did u say Season 2 will be 24 episodes and 2of which will be on DVD? where u get that info from? unless u r refering to Season 1.
Yes, I'm referring to Season 2, as I've seen the episode count on several sources, the clincher being from AMG's official website stating that Season 2 will consist of 8 DVDs, containing 3 episodes each.

As for the two DVD only episodes, likewise with Season 1, TBS (and other network stations) does this for several reasons:

1. Broadcasting schedule conflicts/constraints: For example, a 24 episode scheduled series may be shortened in case it is preempted (e.g., Black Cat).

2. Being co-producers of the show, TBS will rake in more revenue than they would from just sponsor air-time fees, if the unaired episodes enhances DVD sales (e.g., REC, Binchou-tan).

3. TBS needs to show something special from each of their current anime portfolio for the TBS Anime Festa, held in August. Last year they showed AMG epsiode 25, and it would be natural course for them to do the same this year.

It's not to say that the 22 eps are finalized (as it could be 23).

On an off-topic note, although TBS related, xxxHOLiC will probably be the same as AMG, the special feature of Rozen Maiden Traumend will probably be shown during the Festa, and the unaired episode 14.5 of BLACK CAT will air in late May.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Old 2006-05-10, 02:04   Link #12
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
WHOA! I didn't even KNOW the second season came out already!!! That's what the last 3 weeks of the semester will do to you...but JEEZ. What a great post-exam treat! 5 episodes into it already! Where the hell have I BEEN!?!?

But getting back on subject, is it just me or has the animation changed just a little from the first season? It looks like they're going back to the OVA style? Maybe I'm just insane... anyway, can't wait for the sub. (This just made my day)
Old 2006-05-10, 10:58   Link #13
noktown

Saw the ep 5,didnt really understand it,because i dont understand japanese...
but,when i saw all the episodes,i saw all (1-st season and 2-nd) in 1 day,and i think in the end Belldandy will be human...,dunno cuz stories like that always have ends like that :d
Old 2006-05-11, 01:31   Link #14
jtrog

I must wait till the subtitles to read. There was no way that I could follow it in raw. As usual, can't wait till its ready. NO vote yet.

offtopic - I'm learning tiny bits of japanese thru hearing (no way to read it). Its funny now I can say out loud 'that means..' to lots of things. So so so many conversations have almost the same words from different shows a person cannot help but notice -just a minute', 'what the..', 'incredible/amazing', oh and that 'its delicious'...

BellDandy is Heroine forever number 1.
Old 2006-05-11, 12:01   Link #15
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Saw episode 05.
Spoiler for Comments on episode 05:
So what does happen...

Spoiler for rest of question:
Old 2006-05-12, 05:25   Link #16
noktown

Damn i want to see this episode with subtitles
Old 2006-05-12, 05:59   Link #17
Vicequaizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant
Yes, I'm referring to Season 2, as I've seen the episode count on several sources, the clincher being from AMG's official website stating that Season 2 will consist of 8 DVDs, containing 3 episodes each.

As for the two DVD only episodes, likewise with Season 1, TBS (and other network stations) does this for several reasons:

1. Broadcasting schedule conflicts/constraints: For example, a 24 episode scheduled series may be shortened in case it is preempted (e.g., Black Cat).

2. Being co-producers of the show, TBS will rake in more revenue than they would from just sponsor air-time fees, if the unaired episodes enhances DVD sales (e.g., REC, Binchou-tan).

3. TBS needs to show something special from each of their current anime portfolio for the TBS Anime Festa, held in August. Last year they showed AMG epsiode 25, and it would be natural course for them to do the same this year.

It's not to say that the 22 eps are finalized (as it could be 23).

On an off-topic note, although TBS related, xxxHOLiC will probably be the same as AMG, the special feature of Rozen Maiden Traumend will probably be shown during the Festa, and the unaired episode 14.5 of BLACK CAT will air in late May.
Actually, judging from the way I read it, I think its the same as season 1 in that 24 episodes will be AIRED (in 8 DVDs) and there will be another special 2-episode 9th DVD.
I mean, they say 8 DVD, but don't forget they did the same for the season 1, with the 24+25+special on a 9th DVD...so theoretically there were 9 volumes but they counted it differently.
Considering the anime-festa, they probably can show the "season 2 episode 25"...I highly doubt they are airing only 22 or 23.
Besides, from a business standpoint, if they are really going to put 3 episodes per DVD, it won't make sense if they put the "special" episodes in the 8th DVD along with the last episode of the aired TV series.
Because if so, there won't be the extra revenue from it, for those who want the DVD will buy it regardless of specials.
If you put it in a different DVD, you'd have those who want the DVD buy the full set AND the special DVD, along with those who only want the special.
Now, this is all based on the assumption of another 2-episode special being made, but thats a different story.

Oh, and...
Spoiler for episode 7:
Old 2006-05-12, 06:00   Link #18
Vicequaizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity
So what does happen...

We all saw a glimpse of it last season in the Senbei episode...
Old 2006-05-12, 10:12   Link #19
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicequaizer
We all saw a glimpse of it last season in the Senbei episode...
[sarcasm]Oh, well THAT answers my question! It's not like I haven't seen that episode before.[/sarcasm]
Old 2006-05-13, 15:20   Link #20
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity
So what does happen...

When Belldandy is upset, bad stuff happens, such as a sudden thunderstorm, heavy rain, objects get damaged...etc. Vicequaizer refered to the Senbei episode (episode 16 of last season of AMG) as a reference for examples of this phenomenon.
Closed Thread