Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-27, 22:01   Link #161
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
[B]The running gag about the $100 camera was well played,
It isn't a $100 camera, it's a 100,000 yen camera (which, when converted into American dollars, is around $1,250).

Quote:
Yuno's evolution into an artist has been one of this show's central themes, and the way it was expressed in this episode was sweet. She can be a real shutterbug when given the chance - I can see her going into pencil art or photography in the future.
Also, with the mention of her being interested in picking up a digital camera in the future, I wonder if that means that a certain "summer stories" that got skipped over will eventually be told later this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Old 2012-10-27, 22:14   Link #162
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
It isn't a $100 camera, it's a 100,000 yen camera (which, when converted into American dollars, is around $1,250).
I realized after the fact that I had done my head calculations wrong. I usually just remove two zeroes from the end of a yen number to get the amount in USD, which would've put it at $1,000, but with the recent exchange rate... I was off by a good margin. Yuno was wise to not want to break it.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 22:31   Link #163
maximilianjenus
[E]

This was the episode with the most tension ever, it almost felt like I was watching another show because of that , thankfully the camera never broke. Also we got one weird character, a girl who likes guys in hidamari sketch ?
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 15:46   Link #164
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
This was the episode with the most tension ever, it almost felt like I was watching another show because of that , thankfully the camera never broke. Also we got one weird character, a girl who likes guys in hidamari sketch ?
When it comes to Nakayama, this isn't a case of her "liking guys". Rather, she has a tendency to have perverted thoughts whenever she sees frontal nudity of either gender (with her trying to control said thoughts).
Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2012-11-02, 10:03   Link #165
Midonin
Last Engage

Hidamari x Honeycomb 05 - NoriNazu

Every episode thus far has begun with Yuno waking up, so when the episode opened on Nazuna waking up, I knew it was going to be something a little different. Hiro's still chef extraordinaire, but that Nazuna turned to Yuno first shows that Yuno's probably come a little further than she thought. It's touching that Nazuna's parents don't mind her friends helping her out - they were probably expecting it. Yuno had the right idea at the start of the episode. I couldn't help but notice there was an ad for fried chicken airing alongside this episode. If the episode didn't put people in the mood for that already, I'm sure the ad did.

As sweet as the first segment was, I enjoyed the second quite a bit. Nori and Sae just having a chat, comparing the relative merits of pen and paper versus a computer. At night, too. Not many Hidamari episodes take place then. It seems like such an odd conversation, but Nori is the first one of the main characters to make heavy usage of digital art. The brief talk about Chika did make me wonder if we'll see her and Kugyuu back for another episode this time, at least once. Poor Hiro, wondering what's going on when she sees Sae having someone other than herself sleeping in her room. (Given the nature of Hiro's artwork in the first half.) Plus, Nori shower scene!

I loved the way the doors lit up at the start of the second half. Shaft always knows just the right visuals to convey the mood.
Old 2012-11-02, 23:26   Link #166
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Even though Yuno wasn't the main character for this episode, I thought it was good and I felt Nazuna reminded me of Yuno when she moved in when she was the first year. Cute and charming as this anime has always been. While I approve of experimenting with this episode, I guess I still like her as a main character. The second sketch was very heartwarming.

And I don't know why I liked the episode because it was fun to hear some Kansai accents. And just wondering, is Nori also from Kansai region? I forgot but I noticed some distinct accent.

I don't mind Shaft doing experimental anime like Bakemonogatari and Madoka Magika but for it to shine again, it needs to do more absurd comedy and slice of life, that was when they were at their best. It's strange that most Shaft anime I like get underrated while the ones I don't really mind become explosively popular all over the world. I just hope they keep making Hidamari Sketch, I wouldn't probably get sick of it.
Old 2012-11-02, 23:41   Link #167
Midonin
Last Engage

Images
TBS Kana Asumi Bath Time x 2
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-11-03, 07:34   Link #168
nojay
Scanlator

HNNNNG! Warning.
Spoiler for large image:
Old 2012-11-03, 07:48   Link #169
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

An episode focused on Nazuna and Nori. Nice. Their presence is so natural I can't even remember what it was like when they weren't around. They have become an indispensable part of the cast. I wonder if I'd feel like something is missing if I rewatched old episodes from the first two seasons. I really love these two.

It was highly enjoyable and endearing to see them bond with their upperclassmen (Nazuna with Hiro and Nori with Sae). They get along very well as expected, though Sae and Nori have their disagreement regarding modern technology. I hope we'll see more episodes like these in the future.
Old 2012-11-04, 22:56   Link #170
maximilianjenus
[E]

SHAFT is on a roll, now we got an useful episode, now wondering what's next.

Loved the caught in the act /cheating part of this episode.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 13:56   Link #171
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Cute episode. I like how the focus shifted to Nazuna and Nori for a change. Those two needed some attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
HNNNNG! Warning.
Spoiler for large image:
I wish I was that plush rabbit.
Old 2012-11-05, 14:25   Link #172
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
And I don't know why I liked the episode because it was fun to hear some Kansai accents. And just wondering, is Nori also from Kansai region? I forgot but I noticed some distinct accent.
According to Hidamari Sketch TV trope character page: There are hints here and there that Nori does speak Kansai dialect. At least, she's better at hidding it than a certain character in Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 17:33   Link #173
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Cute episode. I like how the focus shifted to Nazuna and Nori for a change. Those two needed some attention.
Although I kinda preferred it if the Nazuna story was the "swallow" tale that appeared in the manga.

BTW, were either of the stories that make up the episode in the manga, or were they anime only?
Old 2012-11-09, 10:28   Link #174
Midonin
Last Engage

Hidamari x Honeycomb 06 - The Fab Four

If last week focused on the newbies, then this one reconfirmed the relationships between the original cast. Yuno and Miyako sketching in class was a great segment, with a lot of great lines from Miyako. Her applause when Yuno tried to smirk, and the subsequent "It doesn't work at all!" line were gold. Lots of flags being raised there. Glad to see the return of the dice, too - it's as constant as Kyoko's suggestion box. Yuno and Miya have always been providing joy to this series, and it stands in great contrast to the second half.

That was a really well done half an episode. (The other half was enjoyable, see above, but each can be taken as their own short film.) Finding out more about what got Hiro into art in the first place is really nice, and the fact that she and Sae will be leaving eventually reared its head once again. Just as Yuno and Miya are meant for each other, Sae and Hiro have a natural chemistry, too. Though saying that is obvious by this point. Yoshinoya got to show a side of herself that's rarely seen, too. And she taught something in the first segment. For all her cosplay and strange tendencies, she is a qualified art teacher, and can prove it under the right circumstances.

Yuno almost got it in the preview - the English version is called Sunshine Sketch, after all.
Old 2012-11-09, 18:56   Link #175
teja208
Critical fanboy

Good grief, the yuri level is over 9000 this episode.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 20:53   Link #176
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Agreed. Even the usually tame Yuno X Miyako pairing was dropping yuri flags left and right this episode. And can Sae and Hiro be any more obvious as a couple? Dang!
Old 2012-11-09, 21:33   Link #177
Requiem-x
The slacking one

At last, the episode we were all waiting for. And to think I was planning on leaving it for tomorrow.

Spoiler for Episode 6 (and a bit of 5):
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 09:37   Link #178
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Seriously. Every Sae x Hiro scene made me go "JUST Fu- GET MARRIED ALREADY".

I really enjoyed Yoshinoya in this episode as well. She displayed an unexpectedly serious and perceptive side. In fact, I think it's the first time the anime itself has gotten so serious. Even though it was quite unusual, it worked because they didn't go overboard. Hiro's worries were believable.

The Yuna and Miyako segment was great too. Yuno's smirk... indeed doesn't work at all (she can only look cute)
I loved the sketches each of them drew. They're definitely very good artists.
Old 2012-11-10, 13:02   Link #179
Dextro
He Without a Title

Also: I don't recall Shaft being this "Shaft'y" on previous seasons of the show:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

That neck. How do they do it?
Old 2012-11-10, 16:48   Link #180
DorkingtonPugsly

I really enjoyed this episode a lot! More so than the past episodes this season. The first part was a fun watch, because Yuno and Miyachan talks are always enjoyable and funny. I really want to see Miyachan's facial expression after she was told she was beautiful...

The latter part was very touching too (made me cry), but because of this episode I fear the end is near.

Tags
comedy, seinen