AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-25, 18:48   Link #201
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Hmm, she is pretty good. I am kind of hoping that L'Arc en Ciel does another opening for FMA at some point.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2009-03-25, 20:05   Link #202
xellos2099

I saw the teailer and ti show Ed and Roy are fighting someone who use ice attack? I read the manga but I don't recall the ice thing. But it is a good thing they bring the part where Ed trnsmuted a spear and point it to Furher to pass the exam.
Old 2009-03-26, 00:07   Link #203
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
So where IS the sixth?
Look around the top borders.
Old 2009-03-26, 04:13   Link #204
Field of Lilies

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
I saw the teailer and ti show Ed and Roy are fighting someone who use ice attack? I read the manga but I don't recall the ice thing.
You're right, there isn't. It's probably (not 100% sure) Isaac, a character that's been created just for the anime. His exact role in the series isn't known yet. I think the general consensus, speculation wise, is that he will be used in the first ep instead of Lior. If the cast list that's been revealed is indeed for ep 1 and 2, it would confirm this theory.
Old 2009-03-26, 07:08   Link #205
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

They are probably just using him as a way of introducing the general main cast as well as showing off the alchemist's abilities. It's possible they could always save him around for later though since they are going to follow the manga storyline, I'm not sure where he could fit in.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2009-03-26, 09:46   Link #206
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Field of Lilies View Post
You're right, there isn't. It's probably (not 100% sure) Isaac, a character that's been created just for the anime. His exact role in the series isn't known yet. I think the general consensus, speculation wise, is that he will be used in the first ep instead of Lior. If the cast list that's been revealed is indeed for ep 1 and 2, it would confirm this theory.
Yea that's pretty much it although I would disagree with you about the cast list being for ep 1 and 2 as some of the guys aren't really introduced to later(such as Kimblee). There is one major problem that I didn't think about though, what happens with Rose as she does come back later in the series?
Old 2009-03-26, 10:52   Link #207
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Yea that's pretty much it although I would disagree with you about the cast list being for ep 1 and 2 as some of the guys aren't really introduced to later(such as Kimblee). There is one major problem that I didn't think about though, what happens with Rose as she does come back later in the series?
If you think the anime is going to start at the same point of time as the first chapter of the manga, I think you're already mistaken.
Old 2009-03-26, 11:49   Link #208
Jarmel

I highly doubt they are going to be introducing Kimblee, not to mention some of the side characters, in the first two episodes. It seems that they are starting from the beginning as seen by the attempted resurrection but Isaac is in central so that probably takes place around the State exam.
Old 2009-03-26, 12:56   Link #209
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
I highly doubt they are going to be introducing Kimblee, not to mention some of the side characters, in the first two episodes. It seems that they are starting from the beginning as seen by the attempted resurrection but Isaac is in central so that probably takes place around the State exam.
They don't have to introduce a character for the character to appear. You'll likely be seeing many of the state alchemists very early on, even if they're not introduced in their actual roles just yet.
Old 2009-03-26, 16:49   Link #210
Jarmel

Well we'll see but Kimblee doesn't even begin to fit into the story until Scar appears unless they do some sort of flashback by Mustang. Almost all of the characters that appeared on that list were the main non-spoilers characters. For example Envy in his actual physical appearance and real voice doesn't show up for awhile. The anime is going to moving at a much brisker pace then the previous one but again I very much doubt Kimblee is making any sort of appearance until Scar does and that will most likely not happen the first couple of episodes. I'll wait till we have episode titles though as that'll be a good indicator of how fast they're moving.

I'm also thinking that Isaac may have a fake Philosopher's Stone but again it seems cutting out Rose is a bit unneccesary. Maybe Arakawa told them that Rose plays no part in the story and that they could cut out her role so the beginning isn't such a repeat?
Old 2009-03-26, 17:17   Link #211
Charred Knight

Theirs no such thing as a Fake Philosopher's Stone in the manga.
Old 2009-03-26, 17:40   Link #212
Jarmel

Yea I forgot, Ed mentioning fake ones early on in the manga and anime just stuck in my mind. I don't think there was a fake one in the anime either just depends on how powerful it is(the Cornello one was really weak).
Old 2009-03-26, 18:25   Link #213
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
I very much doubt Kimblee is making any sort of appearance until Scar does
You're right! And guess what, Scar's already in the trailer. :P
Old 2009-03-26, 20:48   Link #214
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
You're right! And guess what, Scar's already in the trailer. :P
So is Father. It doesn't really mean anything otherwise Father's VA would be on that list. Kimblee is locked up so the only way we are even seeing him is in a flashback by either Mustang or Scar. Unless this series is going to have serious pacing problems because the State exam, the resurrection part, and the Ice Alchemist are more than enough material for two episodes, I wouldn't expect any Ishbal flashbacks(unless Isaac is a veteran or something) for a little bit. I expect Scar to get into the first 5 but judging by the trailers we are only getting a glimpse for atleast the first few episodes. This debate is getting stupid as we are both arguing over whether a character is going to appear in an episode. Hell for all we know they could introduce Hohenheim, Sloth, and Greed in the first. Nonetheless it would be safe to say the first episode is the resurrection part and the State exam and the second episode is probably something like a case while their in Central. Scar is probably going to be in the third episode as I can see a cliffhanger being him killing Isaac at the end of the episode. This is all guessing though but I wouldn't expect Kimblee to be appearing till atleast the third or fourth ep.
Old 2009-03-27, 08:22   Link #215
Kirarakim

Perhaps the initial cast list is not just characters that appear early but characters that people already know from the original anime. They might want to save the manga only characters as a surprise since we can't assume everyone reads the manga (the poor unfortunate souls).

Isaac is of course the outcast not being in the manga or first anime but he is probably in the initial cast list because he appears really early in the series (I just hope he will be a one-shot character).
Old 2009-03-27, 11:00   Link #216
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
I wonder how this Reboot show compared to the 1st show i mean those minor changes in the new FMA soon.
Old 2009-03-27, 18:17   Link #217
duckroll
綺羅星★!

We can just wait until it airs before we resume debating on which characters will show up early, meanwhile let's all enjoy this new 60 second TVCM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH9vs2QB2hY&fmt=22
Old 2009-03-27, 18:22   Link #218
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
We can just wait until it airs before we resume debating on which characters will show up early, meanwhile let's all enjoy this new 60 second TVCM.

dayum that looks awesome. From the look of it , they will deal with Isaac at the beginning...hopefully.
Old 2009-03-27, 18:27   Link #219
Westlo
Lets be reality

Was their any doubt that Issac would be dealt with in the beginning... sigh.. if he was going to appear later in the show they wouldn't have listed a VA for him for one...

Quote:

Duckroll!
Old 2009-03-28, 00:01   Link #220
Vicious108

Quote:

Looks pretty cool. Wonder who the female voice belongs to though.
Closed Thread