AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-12, 01:41   Link #301
Bondius
Busting in on girls.. O.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazarGaidin View Post
Hmm i had started outlining a story about male claymore's ...but i am wondering if this has already been done?
(i know people had also had the same idea but has any been written?)
Well, I think the idea is floating around, even I'm currently planning to write a story about a new generation of male Claymores but I'm waiting for the anime to end since it's gonna be kind of a sequel to it.
Doesn't matter as long as they will have different storylines (and I honestly doubt the chance that 2 writers can think of the same thing).
Old 2007-09-12, 06:24   Link #302
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondius View Post
Doesn't matter as long as they will have different storylines (and I honestly doubt the chance that 2 writers can think of the same thing).
You'd be surprised...
Old 2007-09-12, 06:53   Link #303
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
You'd be surprised...
Yeah thats why i am asking, cause even here where i live i ran intot someone with the same idea already lol
Old 2007-09-12, 14:22   Link #304
Bondius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazarGaidin View Post
Yeah thats why i am asking, cause even here where i live i ran into someone with the same idea already lol
Well, my idea was posted a page or two back so I guess you won't "bump into me" so to speak lol.

I really can't wait for Claymore to finish so I could start my fanfic ^.^ I'm really excited about it ...
Old 2007-09-12, 16:57   Link #305
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

There are so many little stories that can be written about the in between of Clare's journey with those she passes by. Every Claymore could have her own story. I'm surprised there are not more Rafaela stories.
Old 2007-09-12, 17:01   Link #306
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Quote:
the main one out in the field is not really about a Male Claymore persay but an amp-ed up human fighter named Weis
I'd like to see this one, i was gonna write about a new faction in claymore of humans, who want to fight against yoma and the org (well not directly, but by undercutting them). But if its already being done similarly i wont bother.

Old 2007-09-12, 18:29   Link #307
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Um...well, basically take out Raki and put in some unknowingly hybridized human who outdrew Helen when the Fab 4 met for the first time to take out the Male Awakened...
Old 2007-09-12, 18:43   Link #308
Bondius

Quote:
Um...well, basically take out Raki and put in some unknowingly hybridized human who outdrew Helen when the Fab 4 met for the first time to take out the Male Awakened...
Well, that would be a good way to replace the kid. Tie him up, put him in a box, send him to the RoboCop factory, get a brand new bionic brat who can actually help the Claymores xD
Old 2007-09-12, 19:27   Link #309
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Okay time for another Mystery of Claymore fic. Be warned that this one is going to be a little crude... a PG13, maybe R rating. Also if you havent read until volume 12, I think, spoilers. Granted for you anime only folks, that may not be an issue anymore.
Spoiler for here we goooo:

Now I'll get to work on chapter 2 of my other fic. I know pretty much what will happen in that, but for 3 and on I'm open to suggestions on how to proceed. feel free to give input.
Old 2007-09-12, 22:35   Link #310
Hamstadini
Raki/Claire fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondius View Post
Well, that would be a good way to replace the kid. Tie him up, put him in a box, send him to the RoboCop factory, get a brand new bionic brat who can actually help the Claymores xD
That story makes me sick. The guy puts in his own Gary-stu into a story. I can predict what happens next - he saves her keister a couple of times, they sleep together, until one final battle where they both defeat Priscilla. And

Spoiler for Claymore Zero:
Old 2007-09-12, 22:40   Link #311
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

And that in a nutshell is pretty much why I've vowed never to read a fanfic with an original charecter again. Or at least the ones where they replace an existing charecter.
Old 2007-09-12, 22:40   Link #312
Zatoichi8820XX

Spoiler for chapter 2 (still working on it):
Old 2007-09-13, 03:26   Link #313
Bondius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamstadini View Post
That story makes me sick. The guy puts in his own Gary-stu into a story. I can predict what happens next - he saves her keister a couple of times, they sleep together, until one final battle where they both defeat Priscilla. And

Spoiler for Claymore Zero:
Heh, true. Just kidding anyway :P

I'm have serious thoughts about putting Raki in my fanfic and making him a fair fighter through intense training with one of the male claymores that will show up. And maybe at some point, I don't know, actually manage to fight normal yoma (like those in the first episodes).

It wouldn't be impossible since the story will take place a few years after the anime, when he gets some hair on his face and muscles on his arms with the training given by Clare or some other Claymore.
Old 2007-09-13, 07:18   Link #314
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
Okay time for another Mystery of Claymore fic. Be warned that this one is going to be a little crude... a PG13, maybe R rating. Also if you havent read until volume 12, I think, spoilers. Granted for you anime only folks, that may not be an issue anymore.
Spoiler for here we goooo:

Now I'll get to work on chapter 2 of my other fic. I know pretty much what will happen in that, but for 3 and on I'm open to suggestions on how to proceed. feel free to give input.
I needed that laugh. So they are all blondes down there too? Boring...XD

EDIT: I just updated 'Rank 47' at FFNET. It's Helen's and Deneve's turn. I took a few liberties with Helen's back story but hopefully I didn't butcher it. b

For those who are too lazy...here. Just be sure to review it over there. XP

Spoiler for Rank 47 - 2nd Chapter:

Last edited by Tempest35; 2007-09-13 at 10:30. Reason: Shameless Plug :D
Old 2007-09-13, 10:31   Link #315
mrtictac

ive been thinking of writing a fan fic for couple months now, but i always hate if i take like days to write something, then a similar story is done already

i was gonna write about how the 7 surviving claymore from pieta suddenly encountering a frozen male claymore awakened being that may become an ally
Old 2007-09-13, 11:31   Link #316
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Is the lack of GAR missed this much in Claymore??? I admit that there isn't enough of it (Raki and Easley doesn't nearly equal out and Simba doesn't count), but too much of it will ruin Claymore...
Old 2007-09-13, 11:49   Link #317
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

Quote:
Is the lack of GAR missed this much in Claymore??? I admit that there isn't enough of it (Raki and Easley doesn't nearly equal out and Simba doesn't count), but too much of it will ruin Claymore...
I concur, if there more fiction pieces along those lines it would be GAR-eat(bad pun), and although i think these are all great ideas lets all remember that action is > than words which is > than just unwritten ideas
Old 2007-09-13, 14:31   Link #318
Bondius

Well, the idea of male Claymores seems a bit popular for fanfics since all the males were Awakened Ones. That's why I'm trying to adapt my story a bit, I don't want to overuse the male Claymore stuff ...

I'm curious if all the Claymores there will survive in the end (not only 7 like the manga) ... I really need as many survivors as I can for the fanfic ... as cannon fodder, sadly. Except the main ones, of course (Miria, Helen, Deneve, Clare).
Old 2007-09-13, 18:31   Link #319
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Not to sound whiny but would anyone who read the last two fanfics I posted please stop debating Gary Stu and the Merits of charecters who will probably be named something like "Blazer Mcawsome" and take over the series because they are so very perfect at everything, long enougth to give me some feedback. Please?
Old 2007-09-13, 20:07   Link #320
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Speaking of which, the hardest thing for me when writing fiction is figuring out character names (followed by keeping dialog from sounding cheesy lol). It seems like claymore is pretty lenient on names tho, i mean, they sound pretty normal (helen, clare, teresa) or simple (Raki, Riful, Duff) except for a few like Galatea and Deneve. I guess you could extrapolate differing areas of the claymore world from the naming...hmm...

Closed Thread

Tags
fanfiction