AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: What is/are your favorite 2007 bishoujo game-based anime TV series?
ef - a tale of memories. 22 46.81%
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai 15 31.91%
Kanon 25 53.19%
Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo 0 0%
Myself; Yourself 8 17.02%
Nanatsuiro Drops 4 8.51%
Prism Ark 1 2.13%
School Days 3 6.38%
Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica 0 0%
Shuffle! Memories 3 6.38%
Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~ 2 4.26%
Touka Gettan 2 4.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-26, 09:01   Link #1
bluemist
i am the mist

Post Vote for your favorite 2007 bishoujo game based anime series!

Well, maybe it's that time once again to vote for your favorite bishoujo game based anime series of the year!

Now this is a pretty solid lineup! We have so many good anime of this kind this year. Almost every anime I listed has their own charm and quality, I think this will be a contentious poll... or maybe not? You can vote for as many as you want but please limit to 1-3 so that we can see a trend.

Over the years the term 'bishoujo game' is having its meaning changed as we further our knowledge of the genres/sub-genres of things. For me, I always considered 'bishoujo games' my umbrella term for visual novels, eroge, dating sims, ADV, and the like. So please excuse me for still using it. That said, Nanoha StrikerS will sadly not be included because its Triangle Heart game roots are not that prevalent anymore.

Results from the past years:

As promised, Kanon and Tokimeki Memorial is included this year. Clannad and KimiKiss will have to wait until next year since the two series haven't ended yet. I also had a major contention whether to include Da Capo II in the poll. It is IMO an incomplete series, which will be followed up by the second season in Spring 2008. Besides, I don't think many would vote for that abomination!

Or would you? Voice out your opinions too on your favorite anime!

Last edited by bluemist; 2007-12-26 at 09:12.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 09:41   Link #2
Echoes

Kanon and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai are my choices. They rank quite a bit higher than any of the others on the list from my point of view, and that's saying something, since this list has plenty of fantastic titles. Both of the animes excel in storytelling and have casts of unforgettable, lovable characters.

Sola would probably be my third choice, but it's in no way on par with the two other titles.
Old 2007-12-26, 18:41   Link #3
changeup

I think Prism Ark is also a galgame adaptation. And it has already ended. Not that it is likely to win, though...
And for Polyphonica, isn't it originally a light novel?
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 18:43   Link #4
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Only voted Higurashi and Sola.
I also like Kanon, but I know it will get many voters, so I will give support vote to the other 2 series that I like.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 19:49   Link #5
GreatTeacherKen

Kanon and HiguKai for me. The storytelling, characterization, as well as seiyuu acting in both shows are excellent.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 01:54   Link #6
wontaek

Sola is not based on any game. It is an original anime series.
Old 2007-12-27, 01:54   Link #7
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I think we need to restart this poll due to errors and ommissions:
  • Add: Myself; Yourself
  • Add: Prism Ark
  • Add: Touka Gettan
  • Add: Saishuu Shiken Kujira
  • Remove: sola (Not based on a game)
  • Questionable: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai (would you really call that a bishoujo game?)
I accept your logic about D.C. II (but am surprised that, as someone who played the game, you could call it an abomination -- it was extremely faithful to the game in many ways. But that's a conversation for another thread...).

I can also accept the logic for including Polyphonica, since it was a mixed media project with both "kinetic novels" and light novels.

What about OVA series, such as ToHeart 2, _summer, and the Shuffle! Memories OVA (not the TV series, since that was just promo for the OVA anyway)? Should they be included?

Anybody else notice any other errors or ommissions?

With so many changes, I don't think it's fair to those who already voted to change the options and leave the votes. Do you agree? For now, I'm going to lock the poll until we decide how to proceed.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 02:03   Link #8
bluemist
i am the mist

relentlessflame: I leave it to you. Can a poll be re-edited by a mod?

I overlooked on Sola, apologies.

But as I said, bishoujo game is my umbrella term, as long as it was originally an eroge, visual novel, AVG, or anything remotely similar to a game with lots of girls, branching story through text-based decisions... etc, that's why Higurashi is there last year and this year too.

A poll only has a limit of 10. I don't include OVA series too.

- Prism Ark, Touka Gettan can be added.
- Myself, Yourself was originally a light novel, and even the anime came first before the game.
- Uh, if Polyphonica is a mix-media project where the game is not the primary highlight, I think it could be canned off too.

What do you think of this list then?
ef - a tale of memories -
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
Kanon
Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo
Nanatsuiro Drops
Prism Ark
School Days
Shuffle! Memories
Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~
Touka Gettan

Last edited by bluemist; 2007-12-27 at 02:21.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 02:53   Link #9
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist View Post
A poll only has a limit of 10. I don't include OVA series too.
I can break this limit, for some reason, at least up to 12, and possibly more. But I guess it's okay to omit OVA series as a matter of policy -- we'll just say this is "anime TV series".
Quote:
- Myself, Yourself was originally a light novel, and even the anime came first before the game.
Light novel? If you mean the little segments that ran in Dengeki G's, nah -- that's just promo material. There's no Light Novel for the franchise (yet?). The anime story is based on the game, it's just timing that the anime is being released first as promo for the game. It's just as much game-based as your usual adaptation.
Quote:
- Uh, if Polyphonica is a mix-media project where the game is not the primary highlight, I think it could be canned off too.
Nah, I think it makes sense to leave it, especially given that we can do more than 10.

Even though I can edit the poll to change options, I don't think I can reset the poll so that people can vote all over again. I'll see if I can get an admin to delete the poll, and then we'll create a new one. [Edit: figured how to do it myself -- just a bit of "out of the box thinking" ]
Old 2007-12-27, 03:13   Link #10
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Ah there we go -- New poll! That was a bit of a trick, but it worked.

Everyone who voted before -- please vote again!
Old 2007-12-27, 17:55   Link #11
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Re-voted.

Since sola is not elligible, this time I only voted for Higurahi.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 00:20   Link #12
patnam

why no CLANNAD?
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 00:45   Link #13
westbluef
The Jesting Fool

Quote:
Clannad and KimiKiss will have to wait until next year since the two series haven't ended yet. I also had a major contention whether to include Da Capo II in the poll. It is IMO an incomplete series, which will be followed up by the second season in Spring 2008. Besides, I don't think many would vote for that abomination!
Please read first.
Old 2007-12-28, 04:13   Link #14
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Most Of These Animes I Didn't Like But I Chose Two Anime Myself;yourself & Higurashi
Old 2007-12-28, 05:21   Link #15
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Kanon. Certainly no question. Higurashi Kai and ef are also great, but Kanon is the clear winner in my eyes. It was just such a polished effort. Higurashi Kai definitely had the better script, and ef was a hell of an achievement, considering how ambitious it was, but Kanon did everything it tried so well and so professionally.

On the other side of the spectrum, there's a lot of really terrible titles on that list. I know it's the nature of the genre, but I don't remember the gap between good and bad titles being as big last year as it is this year. It's been a funny year like that a bit.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 06:01   Link #16
EXEs
Hallelujah...

Kanon's the best one on the list in my eyes. KyoAni did a magnificent job on it.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 09:49   Link #17
bluemist
i am the mist

Looks like ef and Kanon are in a deadlock. Any more votes?
Old 2007-12-30, 10:56   Link #18
kucigaromeo
Hell Kitty
*Fansubber

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai rules in term of story and audio, the seiyū pull out their full potential.
Kanon has good story and visually pleasant.
Tōka Gettan managed to pull unique story and style.

my anidb list: http://anidb.net/u224323
Hidamari Sketch, Arts of Innocence
kucigaromeo is offline   Reply With Quote