Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2016-05-09, 23:29   Link #21
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Windemereans being jelly of this is a matter of course. Also it seems from that description and comparison that Kawamori doesn't even attempt to hide that Windemereans are kinda a stand-in for WW2 Japan.
Well, he was one of the first guys who made the "good side" use nukes in a Japanese anime so that doesn't seem that much off the mark for Kawamori anyways.
Wind is more like 1800s Japan after witnessing American steam ships and the power the latter possessed.

NUN's behavior on Wind that led to a war of independence, depending on what really occurred there, may be a stand in for Japan's attitude towards its colonies prior to World War II.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-10, 02:05   Link #22
ReddyRedWolf

https://twitter.com/GwynCampbell/sta...93993513771008

Tochiro's tweet says the fleet that made first contact with Windermere was Megaroad 4. That would indicate after colonizing Eden it was used again.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-10, 09:23   Link #23
azarhal

Looks like episode 8 summary posted last week on 2ch was accurate. The infiltration of Voldor (episode 7) is going to have some hiccups, because in episode 8 Hayate and Mirage overwhelmed physically by Windermereans and Hayate gets beaten up badly protecting Freyja.

Spoiler for moonrunes of ep m8 summary:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
https://twitter.com/GwynCampbell/sta...93993513771008

Tochiro's tweet says the fleet that made first contact with Windermere was Megaroad 4. That would indicate after colonizing Eden it was used again.
Eden... First Sharon Apple, then Macross Galaxy and now Windermere.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 01:53   Link #24
ReddyRedWolf

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Macross Elysion ship mode.
Old 2016-05-12, 02:31   Link #25
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Images

It definitely looks very different from previous Macross types, for one the legs don't stick as far out the back, likely due to it being connected to the hip assembly that now swings forward. Definitely gives it more of an Argama feel than other Macross types.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 14:14   Link #26
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
It definitely looks very different from previous Macross types, for one the legs don't stick as far out the back, likely due to it being connected to the hip assembly that now swings forward. Definitely gives it more of an Argama feel than other Macross types.
And they are dealing with Macross' Zeon expies with the Kingdom of Wind and Aerial Knights.
Old 2016-05-12, 14:28   Link #27
Tak

Quote:
And they are dealing with Macross' Zeon expies with the Kingdom of Wind and Aerial Knights.
Funny how the Wind as is could still defeat a combined force of Zeon and Federation in a hypothetical matchup with very minimal efforts... Ah, well I give them props, they lasted 7 years as opposed to just 1.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2016-05-12 at 18:20.
Old 2016-05-12, 19:29   Link #28
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Funny how the Wind as is could still defeat a combined force of Zeon and Federation in a hypothetical matchup with very minimal efforts... Ah, well I give them props, they lasted 7 years as opposed to just 1.

- Tak
You’re comparing a civilization so advanced that have the technologies to travel and explore the far corner of the galaxy and conquering planets to a civilization that’s 70s-inspired and still struggling to live beyond Mars? It’s like pitting the current US military forces to both WW2-era Nazi and Japanese Empire’s forces. Yeah, that sounds fair .
Old 2016-05-12, 20:01   Link #29
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It’s like pitting the current US military forces to both WW2-era Nazi and Japanese Empire’s forces. Yeah, that sounds fair .
I know its unfair, just as GATE was unfair.

But GATE was hilarious, especially when one realizes that the JSDF is not even considered a first rate military power. Now imagine the same scenario play out with Zeon and Fed getting torn apart by an army of bishies. Oh the faces of disbelief this would result...

- Tak (Yes, I realize I come off as a bit sadist)

Old 2016-05-12, 21:39   Link #30
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I know its unfair, just as GATE was unfair.

But GATE was hilarious, especially when one realizes that the JSDF is not even considered a first rate military power. Now imagine the same scenario play out with Zeon and Fed getting torn apart by an army of bishies. Oh the faces of disbelief this would result...

- Tak (Yes, I realize I come off as a bit sadist)
I don't know, man. Unlike GATE (which delve a lot deeper into the differences in both civilization's culture and politics and how each see their world rather than just mindless fighting), here, it sounds like you're belittling one franchise (Gundam) and glorifying the other (Macross) by pitting their factions against one another in imaginary fights. The setting in Gundam has always been before humanity have any means or technology to do exploration of the outer space beyond Mars and (to an extend) Jupiter, while Macross (post-SDF) have gone and colonize waaay beyond the solar system. Making them fight is like pitting DBZ fighters against the ones in Hunter x Hunter: it's obvious who the winner is and it's not really funny (unless you're talking about making a video game based on that to rake cash).

If you insist on having a fight between Gundam & Macross, it's "fairer" to try pitting the UN forces during SDF, 7 or Plus against the MS army of the world nations & Celestial Being in the Trailblazer movie. Good luck fighting the GN-powered MSs that can render the radar and locking system useless and each MS (especially the Gundams) posesses weapons which are more powerful than Wing Zero's Twin Buster Riffle that can destroy a small island in one blast (not to mention the Bits & Funnels which can take a large number of enemies in one go) and supercannons like Memento Mori on steroids. And even then, the Macross side still has the upper-hand in advanced-techology, so it's still not totally fair for the Gundam side.
Old 2016-05-12, 22:54   Link #31
ReddyRedWolf

Okay I come to the realization that Protoculture ruins react to Fold Wave based songs. We see this on Airberl's ruins.

The ruins on Rax rose up because of Basara singing. We assumed rocks floating on Mayan island were because of the Bird Human but it also likely they are pieces of Protoculture technology.
Old 2016-05-12, 23:00   Link #32
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don't know, man. Unlike GATE (which delve a lot deeper into the differences in both civilization's culture and politics and how each see their world rather than just mindless fighting), here, it sounds like you're belittling one franchise (Gundam) and glorifying the other (Macross) by pitting their factions against one another in imaginary fights. The setting in Gundam has always been before humanity have any means or technology to do exploration of the outer space beyond Mars and (to an extend) Jupiter, while Macross (post-SDF) have gone and colonize waaay beyond the solar system. Making them fight is like pitting DBZ fighters against the ones in Hunter x Hunter: it's obvious who the winner is and it's not really funny (unless you're talking about making a video game based on that to rake cash).
While Gate managed to delve into the differences in civilizations (arguably so can Wind, Zeon & Fed), the prologue was still shocking enough to leave a lasting impression. In fact, its the technological superiority of Japan that left most of the impression on me, as an audience.

But, I don't mean to belittle, because everyone knows I am one of the most ardent supporter of the Gundam UC timeline. Hell, I can memorize Gihren's speech!!!

I just think the Wind is hilarious for suffering a serious disorder of self-gratification. Without the Var syndrome they managed to weaponize, the Wind in reality couldn't do very much. If anything, the Wind is getting belittled by me. Though I may be doing it wrong.

Anyway, I'd like to respond to the latter half of your post, but here isn't the place.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2016-05-13 at 09:46.
Old 2016-05-12, 23:53   Link #33
synx

Quote:
Images

Where is the Macross cannon mounted?
synx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-13, 09:22   Link #34
azarhal

The ep 7 preview is up on the official website. There is only two screencaps though.

Preview text is basically what Johnson said at the end of episode 7 (investigate planet Voldor), the only thing added is that Reina hack the planet system to let them in.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-19, 21:00   Link #35
Thess

Spoiler for prequel manga:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 01:13   Link #36
ReddyRedWolf

Just saw the first chapter of Macross E, Macross Delta Prequel. We are seeing the initial experimental stages of Var. At first it wasn't people. It was giant megafauna who are like kaiju when affected by Var. There is a proto-Walkure idol group with one of them seems to be a female Basara. The MC rookie is a bit of a wimp and an idol otaku.
Images
Spoiler:
Old 2016-05-20, 03:17   Link #37
Thess

Spoiler:
Spoiler for manga spoilers:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-22, 05:03   Link #38
ReddyRedWolf

The teaser has spoilers.

Spoiler:
Old 2016-05-22, 05:47   Link #39
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2016-05-26, 05:16   Link #40
ReddyRedWolf

Some anon translated the prequel manga, Macross Extra chapter 1.
Spoiler:

Note the last page what the mask man said. Feeling this guy is a Windermerean intensifies.

edit:
Same anon translated the Aerial Knight manga.
Spoiler for Chapter 1:

Spoiler for Chapter 2:

Still don't see how Windermere was oppressed. They got a tech uplift gaining VF tech and they still have their knight tradition. Are they really complaining about music?

They have this we are taking back MUH Sky and they doing this by creating the Wind Sphere Sector. Conquering planets around them. The Frak? They are complaining about their sovereignty and they are taking everyone else's.

I'm starting feel like an elf or more accurately a Vulcan during Enterprise getting tired being accused by Humans of keeping them down not giving them Vulcan warp drive tech. Only Terra Prime won and became the Terran Empire.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2016-05-26 at 14:26.