AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2014-05-17, 06:19   Link #61
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Guys, this phenomenon is called epileptic trees. it's on tv tropes. It is commonly known as a very bad thing, but your mileage may vary. (I've apparently been reading too much tv tropes lol. It is destroying my vocabulary.) Anyway, this is a fan theory right? It hasn't been confirmed. Also, I'm completely confused as to what is meant in the first place by someone saying she is Nuit. Does that mean anything? Was she important enough of a character originally to even have such a title in mind?... I'm guessing that it's likely the case that she wasn't, though I'm sure that with the new NT 10 spoilers that are coming out, everyone is going to now cling on to these possible myriad interpretations of different characters that might make more sense now.

I also recommend spoilering anything referencing what we learned in NT10 spoilers in this thread and all other non-NT10 threads.
1. She is the donor of the sisters who are a part of Alisters plan and it had to be her clones and no one elses because of her abilities.

2. Just like Touma whenever she messes with some experiment or gets involved in an incident Alister doesn't try to stop her (seriously messing with level 6 shift should have brought about severe consequences for both Touma and Mikoto but nothing happened).

3. She is AC's mascot, which means she like Rouma and Accelerator is one of Alisters "favorites" (not that that's a good thing).

4. The sisters.

I didn't go into detail because I would have to spoil a lot of stuff for that, but basically the whole "she's nothing special" is just "fans" (note the quotes) talking like what they say is canon, people forget that if Kamachi keeps characters around they are important specially the one with the most "screentime".
Old 2014-05-17, 09:58   Link #62
Death Usagi
Banned

Simply saying, for Aleister, it is all "JUST AS PLANNED"
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 11:42   Link #63
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Simply saying, for Aleister, it is all "JUST AS PLANNED"
I hope Alister turns out to be just like the villain from Aquarion EVOL, I don't like mentioning that train wreck, (my poor Zessica ) but the villain was one of the only things that was good about it (such an awesome troll).
Old 2014-05-18, 06:18   Link #64
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
1. She is the donor of the sisters who are a part of Alisters plan and it had to be her clones and no one elses because of her abilities.

2. Just like Touma whenever she messes with some experiment or gets involved in an incident Alister doesn't try to stop her (seriously messing with level 6 shift should have brought about severe consequences for both Touma and Mikoto but nothing happened).

3. She is AC's mascot, which means she like Rouma and Accelerator is one of Alisters "favorites" (not that that's a good thing).

4. The sisters.

I didn't go into detail because I would have to spoil a lot of stuff for that, but basically the whole "she's nothing special" is just "fans" (note the quotes) talking like what they say is canon, people forget that if Kamachi keeps characters around they are important specially the one with the most "screentime".
You do realize I'm in the NT 10 thread? I'm confused, sid you temporarily forget who I am... or did you not notice what I was saying? I'm one of the few people on this forum that really like Mikoto as a character... I'm talking about whether or not when she was originally created in volume 1, before the sisters arc even happened if she would have been important enough to associate with Nuit... (darn kill la kill keeps on making me want to say Nui instead )

I mean sure characters could have been changed around later, and yes, Mikoto may have had a deeper signifcance later as the series got popular. But IB was likely planned out since volume 2 or since volume 1 because Volume 2 was written so quickly after Kamachi was told to write it... (17 days). She's my second favorite character in this series behind the main heroes who are tied at one for me, but I honestly see that a lot of her character depth was originally created because of her immense popularity.

Think about it: when Kamachi was going to write his first spin-off manga it was actually going to be about Kuroko and not Mikoto, but Miki suggested he do it about Mikoto instead since she was popular, and it was going to have Kuroko as much more of a leader and rational/not completely insane person; like she was in her Index appearances as well as the second to last Railgun chapter.

Mikoto wasn't going to be that big at first, though the clones and especially Accelerator, Touma, and Index did. It all changed a bit later... I was just pointing out that I see no connection between Mikoto and Nuit and don't understand the plausability of such a rumor. Why would people even think it is true? There are a lot of things she could really be, but why that?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 07:02   Link #65
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
You do realize I'm in the NT 10 thread? I'm confused, sid you temporarily forget who I am... or did you not notice what I was saying? I'm one of the few people on this forum that really like Mikoto as a character... I'm talking about whether or not when she was originally created in volume 1, before the sisters arc even happened if she would have been important enough to associate with Nuit... (darn kill la kill keeps on making me want to say Nui instead )

I mean sure characters could have been changed around later, and yes, Mikoto may have had a deeper signifcance later as the series got popular. But IB was likely planned out since volume 2 or since volume 1 because Volume 2 was written so quickly after Kamachi was told to write it... (17 days). She's my second favorite character in this series behind the main heroes who are tied at one for me, but I honestly see that a lot of her character depth was originally created because of her immense popularity.

Think about it: when Kamachi was going to write his first spin-off manga it was actually going to be about Kuroko and not Mikoto, but Miki suggested he do it about Mikoto instead since she was popular, and it was going to have Kuroko as much more of a leader and rational/not completely insane person; like she was in her Index appearances as well as the second to last Railgun chapter.

Mikoto wasn't going to be that big at first, though the clones and especially Accelerator, Touma, and Index did. It all changed a bit later... I was just pointing out that I see no connection between Mikoto and Nuit and don't understand the plausability of such a rumor. Why would people even think it is true? There are a lot of things she could really be, but why that?
... uh yeah, I know I was just trying to answer your question, by pointing out a few things.

I personally think that it was planned out to some extent but as the series got more popular he made changes (you can see this in the quality of the volumes as you keep on reading), also if he was only planning to make the first 2 volumes I find it more believable that many of the characters introduced were on the same predicament.

Now I think he planned it out because of the sisters, how was he supposed to go into such depth with them without the donor herself? What kind of characterization could he have given them if they had never met Mikoto? How would Sisters arc work without Mikoto? Now about her being Nuit, it had to have been planned considering what the clones are needed for in Alisters plan, I've always thought that there is a more complicated connection with the sisters and this only reinforces that.
Old 2014-05-19, 08:45   Link #66
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
... uh yeah, I know I was just trying to answer your question, by pointing out a few things.

I personally think that it was planned out to some extent but as the series got more popular he made changes (you can see this in the quality of the volumes as you keep on reading), also if he was only planning to make the first 2 volumes I find it more believable that many of the characters introduced were on the same predicament.

Now I think he planned it out because of the sisters, how was he supposed to go into such depth with them without the donor herself? What kind of characterization could he have given them if they had never met Mikoto? How would Sisters arc work without Mikoto? Now about her being Nuit, it had to have been planned considering what the clones are needed for in Alisters plan, I've always thought that there is a more complicated connection with the sisters and this only reinforces that.
Okay, I think I missed the point. We were both confused two posts above. Let's forget that happened, lol. It was just that your response to what I said made it sound to me like you thought I was only on this thread or something and that I said no NT 10 spoilers on this thread, because I was afraid of them. 'Twas a complete misunderstanding, sorry! It was the way you explained some of the novel events to me so I wasn't really sure. That was my fault for doubting what you were trying to say.

Anyway, can someone just explain what being Nuit, means, or what it has to do with the sisters in spoilers. I looked up Nuit, and all I found was some Goddess, but regardless, it didn't really give me any obvious idea of how Mikoto is related to the Misaka clones, so can you describe the whole theory. That would help a lot. Otherwise, I don't know how to treat the theory, like whether it seems very plausible and intended, or if it is some random hopeful theory put together that is trying to fit some of the facts, like my speculations about space mecca.

And I didn't mean that Mikoto wasn't supposed to be a deep character. I just mean that I think the God concept is a bit new... and therefore shouldn't exactly be assumed for mc's to resemble any of them. Just like the people who say Mikoto is in the aeon of Isis really doesn't make that much sense to me after she powers up... I think we have no ideas really about how these things work exactly yet, and next volume will bring a torrent of speculations.

I also felt that way since Railgun has to do with science explicitly, not with anything like #1 or #2's names... so I don't really know if we have enough evidence to see anything. It is also why I'm really curious about the railgun manga after the Daihasesai, since we will finally see some new really cool stuff/plot threads maybe, like the arc now in the accelerator manga. I really like the Railgun manga because of all the important side characters we are getting who are actually important characters later, but we are seeing more character interactions etc... I really would appreciate it if we saw magic eventually in railgun... To aru verse now just feels more complete with it... Touma's dragon head was cool though I admit. Right now, I'm very happy about Gunha as well...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 17:40   Link #67
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Okay, I think I missed the point. We were both confused two posts above. Let's forget that happened, lol. It was just that your response to what I said made it sound to me like you thought I was only on this thread or something and that I said no NT 10 spoilers on this thread, because I was afraid of them. 'Twas a complete misunderstanding, sorry! It was the way you explained some of the novel events to me so I wasn't really sure. That was my fault for doubting what you were trying to say.

Anyway, can someone just explain what being Nuit, means, or what it has to do with the sisters in spoilers. I looked up Nuit, and all I found was some Goddess, but regardless, it didn't really give me any obvious idea of how Mikoto is related to the Misaka clones, so can you describe the whole theory. That would help a lot. Otherwise, I don't know how to treat the theory, like whether it seems very plausible and intended, or if it is some random hopeful theory put together that is trying to fit some of the facts, like my speculations about space mecca.

And I didn't mean that Mikoto wasn't supposed to be a deep character. I just mean that I think the God concept is a bit new... and therefore shouldn't exactly be assumed for mc's to resemble any of them. Just like the people who say Mikoto is in the aeon of Isis really doesn't make that much sense to me after she powers up... I think we have no ideas really about how these things work exactly yet, and next volume will bring a torrent of speculations.

I also felt that way since Railgun has to do with science explicitly, not with anything like #1 or #2's names... so I don't really know if we have enough evidence to see anything. It is also why I'm really curious about the railgun manga after the Daihasesai, since we will finally see some new really cool stuff/plot threads maybe, like the arc now in the accelerator manga. I really like the Railgun manga because of all the important side characters we are getting who are actually important characters later, but we are seeing more character interactions etc... I really would appreciate it if we saw magic eventually in railgun... To aru verse now just feels more complete with it... Touma's dragon head was cool though I admit. Right now, I'm very happy about Gunha as well...
Don't worry about it, it just that since I don't use smileys that often it always gives the wrong impression (you wouldn't believe how many times a misunderstanding happens), guess I should start using them more.

About the Nuit thing, all I gather is that it has something to do with the artificial heaven created by the AIM field and the Misaka Network, apart from that I know nothing.

I also have nothing on the god concept, we will have to wait until Kamachi starts immersing the story in it.

If you think about it between Daihasiesai and her next appearence in OT there is not that big of a gap, since we have 0930 (you know, what happens before the action starts in this arc), then we have whatever she was doing during Avignon arc (I really want to see that phone call from Railgun side), then it's Aqua of the Back arc which is basically the continuation of Avignon phone call, I think it's going to be interesting to see her reactions (if we do see them) to what she learns during those arcs and what she was doing at that time and maybe we might get glimpses of Battle Royale arc in it too.

I think we might get at least an arc tjat might slightly delve into magic territory, as an entry point for Railgun only fans before the s#!7 hits the fan with the last 3 arcs in OT, since in NT time bteween arcs is going to be kind of jumping forward because of her involvements from the start of NT.
Old 2014-07-18, 02:09   Link #68
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Exclamation The Next Arc in the Railgun Manga

Quote:
レールガン第4章のタイトルは『ドリームランカー編』。時系列は上条さんがイタリアに行っている時期になり ます。おたのしみに!
The title of the 4th Arc of Toaru Kagaku no Railgun is the "Dream Ranker" Arc. Chronologically, it occurs during the time Kamijou is going to Italy.

Thoughts:
A short arc before October?
A long arc occuring between then and 0930?
An arc that definitely won't have Kamijou save the day. lol

Other than that, I have no solid impressions. The arc name reminds me of an urban legend that Saten would randomly know about. That or an esper ability. I have no idea what Kamachi is thinking.
Old 2014-07-18, 08:01   Link #69
GDB

Wasn't Italy like, 2 days after Daihasei? We might actually get some follow-up after all!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 08:15   Link #70
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Wasn't there talk about a confirmed huge timeskip? Seems it was nothing but rumors and speculation after all
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 08:29   Link #71
GDB

It was always rumors. It was thought that, since it was going on break until the October issue, and the next arc of Index starting in October, they they were going on break to tie the two together.

Seems the writer just wanted a break.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 09:01   Link #72
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
The title of the 4th Arc of Toaru Kagaku no Railgun is the "Dream Ranker" Arc. Chronologically, it occurs during the time Kamijou is going to Italy.

Thoughts:

Other than that, I have no solid impressions. The arc name reminds me of an urban legend that Saten would randomly know about. That or an esper ability. I have no idea what Kamachi is thinking.
I like the name. Sounds like it could be really trippy.
My hopes is that it's a short arc before October. Still, I'm sure that certain people will rejoice about the fact that Touma has no chance of intervening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post

Kamachi wanting the break is as likely as the earth crashing into Neptune in the next year.
Old 2014-07-18, 09:20   Link #73
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

This isnt a rumor though...
That IS the name of the arc starting next chapter.
What I'm wondering is if it is a short arc before the the manga moves into october story wise. Because so far there has been a july arc, august arc and september arc.
Old 2014-07-18, 12:08   Link #74
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post

Thoughts:

Nice that we have a name and timeline, but it is hard to speculate what is going to happen.

My random guess, Dream Ranker is either an ability related to dreaming, or a website that tells fortunes or something based on the dream you input into it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Touma only stay in Italy for one day. He flew there with Index, lost Index, Met with Orsola, helped with the move, got caught up with the Roman Catholic Church in the evening, and saved Academy City during the night. After that he was flown back to Academy City the next day.

So if this is an arc that spans a day or two, Touma probably won't appear. Maybe at the beginning where Mikoto tries to collect on the penalty game while Touma prepares to travel.

If this arc lasts longer, it is possible that Touma gets involved. We'll have to wait and see.

Either way I hope we get a chapter where Saten and Uiharu pester either Touma or Mikoto about their past interactions.
Old 2014-07-18, 17:49   Link #75
Pablete
Banned

I hope Touma doesn't gets involved, it's tiring reading post wanting Touma to intereact with Mikoto as if that was the only reason to be of the manga time to time.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 19:07   Link #76
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
I hope Touma doesn't gets involved, it's tiring reading post wanting Touma to intereact with Mikoto as if that was the only reason to be of the manga time to time.
Sorry, are you saying you are tired of people wanting Touma x Mikoto interactions because:
a. Interacting with Mikoto is the only reason Touma's in the manga
b. Touma interacting with Mikoto is the only reason to read the manga for some.

Well this is Mikoto's stroy, so I don't expect or want Touma to take the spotlight when he has his own series. He is still an important part of Mikoto's life, so it would be unexpected to see Touma pop up now and again.
Old 2014-07-18, 19:58   Link #77
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Well, I guess you better stop reading once it reaches 0930 and october and what follows.

You guys say it like he appeared in every single arc, Sister arc he had to appear since he was important to the plot and in Daihaseisai railgun side he was there as support for Mizaki (heck we didn't even see his fight that much only glimpses and the ending), so he had a part in it and helped save Mikoto big deal, it's not like he went in there and stopped everything by himself and made everyone else look useless, dome of the complaints are just ridiculous.

He is important to the overall story in Raildex and he will be making appearances whether you like it or not deal with it.
Old 2014-07-19, 11:32   Link #78
Pablete
Banned

@RPG_Fanatic

B.

Even some admited it and only care to read the manga once it happens.

Quote:
Well, I guess you better stop reading once it reaches 0930 and october and what follows.
To bad, because I know of some events where she can do well with the series without having to have Touma involved, (vol.11, 14
, 16, 17, etc)

Quote:
You guys say it like he appeared in every single arc, Sister arc he had to appear since he was important to the plot and in Daihaseisai railgun side he was there as support for Mizaki (heck we didn't even see his fight that much only glimpses and the ending), so he had a part in it and helped save Mikoto big deal, it's not like he went in there and stopped everything by himself and made everyone else look useless, dome of the complaints are just ridiculous.
- Level Upper. Check.
- Sisters. Check. It was a must so no complains there.
- Fillers. Check.

Yeah, he appears in every single arc except for Telesthina arc.

Quote:
He is important to the overall story in Raildex and he will be making appearances whether you like it or not deal with it.
It stopped to be Raildex since Accelerator though, actually it's Toaru World .

If you like complains... deal with it. I'm not a blind fan or a cultist.

*looks at your avatar*

Nevermind, forget what I said. It's pointless for you anyway...

Last edited by Pablete; 2014-07-19 at 11:43.
Old 2014-07-19, 15:30   Link #79
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
@RPG_Fanatic

B.

Even some admited it and only care to read the manga once it happens.

To bad, because I know of some events where she can do well with the series without having to have Touma involved, (vol.11, 14
, 16, 17, etc)

- Level Upper. Check.
- Sisters. Check. It was a must so no complains there.
- Fillers. Check.

Yeah, he appears in every single arc except for Telesthina arc.

It stopped to be Raildex since Accelerator though, actually it's Toaru World .

If you like complains... deal with it. I'm not a blind fan or a cultist.

*looks at your avatar*

Nevermind, forget what I said. It's pointless for you anyway...
In Lever upper arc all he did was stop an explosion then dissapeared from the arc he didn't resolve it himself and like I said he was support in Daihaseisai railgun side.

Like I said he is the MC he is going to show up and as you pointed out there are going to be more arcs were he won't be around so complaining about it is pretty dumb.

Yeah, so? it's still Raildex to me since there hasn't been a new name for it and besides in my opinion we didn't really need an Accelerator manga since he appears very frequently in the LN since Battle Royale to the point of having full volumes following him and Hamazura, still it's good for the Accel fans and we at least might get more information for the main series. You call it what you want I call it what I want.

So? What does my avatar have to do with this discussion? Am I shipping anyone? No, i'm guessing you missed my sig, if you have a problem with it then take a good look at it since it's going to stay like that for a long time. You know what they say about assuming, right?
Old 2014-07-19, 15:50   Link #80
Pablete
Banned

Yeah, sorry, forget about it.

Really, just let it go... you're not the right person one should look for to discuss this about