AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2015-03-10, 13:45   Link #1
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

KanColle - FanFiction Discussion

Welcome to the KanColle FanFiction Discussion thread.

This thread is meant for KanColle fanfiction and its discussion. Fanfiction works can be either posted in this thread or in the Fan Creations Forum and linked to in this thread. You may also link to Fanfiction works posted on other sites and discuss it here.

General rules of our forum still apply:
  • No sexually explicit material. Yes, this goes for text format as well.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members
  • Have fun, but post intelligently

Please respect the authors, fanfictions are written in their free time, they have have no gain and owe you nothing; if they like a particular character and/or a particular pattern for their story, it's a personal choice and can't be blamed. In general, you are free to post constructive criticisms but not insults which (as in any other part of the forums) won't be tolerated. Remember that writers post here to get help and not to get troubles.

Thanks and have fun
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 22:58   Link #2
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

A story by yours truly:

Spirit of Steel, a Fate/Stay Night x Kantai Collection crossover.

Animesuki Thread

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2015-03-11 at 01:50.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 01:52   Link #3
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I wish there was a sane explanation for crossing over one piece and kancolle :3
Old 2015-03-11, 01:58   Link #4
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I wish there was a sane explanation for crossing over one piece and kancolle :3
- Ocean. Ships. PIRATES.

It wasn't a matter of a sane explanation as it was how long until someone did it.

Oh, and I fully expect someone (NOT me) to make a Sailor Moon X Kancolle crossover making jokes about the navy and sailor uniforms.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-14, 02:59   Link #5
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Hmmm. I was expecting a lot more activity on this thread. Mainly because I had a very bad idea:

Kancolle X Battleship The Movie.

And I'm just wondering (since I'm not that well-versed with Kancolle) would this be a good idea? As a parody fic, of course.
Old 2015-03-14, 03:02   Link #6
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Kanmusu origins differ from writer to writer, kind of like how pokemon has at least 5 different manga series running.

That fic should be a maximum troll fic. I can't imagine anything else
Old 2015-03-14, 09:39   Link #7
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

We need a Arpeggio X KC crossover. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 02:12   Link #8
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
We need a Arpeggio X KC crossover. xD
- Technically the official game already did that witht heir Arpeggio promo crossover (when Arpeggio first aired in Japan), I'm afraid. Plus it'd be hard to explain. Even if we made it a solely parody fic it'd be difficult to put together.
Old 2015-03-15, 02:45   Link #9
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There was one I read that had the ship named girls swap bodies/personalities. Some with very silly results. Kongo dominating the naval base rather than Burning Love for the Admiral was something odd. (This was done before I-401 was added to the game)
Old 2015-03-15, 04:05   Link #10
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Hmmm. I was expecting a lot more activity on this thread. Mainly because I had a very bad idea:

Kancolle X Battleship The Movie.

And I'm just wondering (since I'm not that well-versed with Kancolle) would this be a good idea? As a parody fic, of course.
Will you transport Myoko to a destroyer's body?
Old 2015-03-15, 04:06   Link #11
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Modern destroyers are as big as old cruisers.
Old 2015-03-15, 05:51   Link #12
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Murasame Class Yuudachi is generally bigger than Shiratsuyu Class Yuudachi, except we are talking height here.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2015-03-15 at 06:15.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 08:19   Link #13
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

there a fan video of a Mecha Teitoku ( Armored core)X kancolle

In his quest on clearing 2-4

lolz on sub abuse
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 19:50   Link #14
James Rye

So, uhm, I could need some help here.

I started a Kancolle fanfic, first chapter is written, nearly 4,8k words, uploaded on google doc to get proofreaded and corrected before I make a ff.net account to upload it there.
Biggest problem though... I think I start to fuck up the settings there.^^;
All I wanted was for my dictionnary to not be german but english so that not every word would be red marked and I could correct those words that are clearly wrong like nad instead of and.
But instead my dictionnary is STILL german whereas I made my whole account for some reason in english and now I cannot change either back...

Can anybody help me set my google doc dictionnary into english and my english google doc account back to german?

Also if possible is here somebody who got great Kancolle knowledge and is quite good at english grammar and stuff to proofread my first chapter? 'cause I could really need a helping hand in the world setting as well, since I do not play this game and have only watched the anime, read the 4-koma manga.
Thanks in advance if somebody volunteers for this job.^^
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 22:23   Link #15
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
So, uhm, I could need some help here.

I started a Kancolle fanfic, first chapter is written, nearly 4,8k words, uploaded on google doc to get proofreaded and corrected before I make a ff.net account to upload it there.
Biggest problem though... I think I start to fuck up the settings there.^^;
All I wanted was for my dictionnary to not be german but english so that not every word would be red marked and I could correct those words that are clearly wrong like nad instead of and.
But instead my dictionnary is STILL german whereas I made my whole account for some reason in english and now I cannot change either back...

Can anybody help me set my google doc dictionnary into english and my english google doc account back to german?

Also if possible is here somebody who got great Kancolle knowledge and is quite good at english grammar and stuff to proofread my first chapter? 'cause I could really need a helping hand in the world setting as well, since I do not play this game and have only watched the anime, read the 4-koma manga.
Thanks in advance if somebody volunteers for this job.^^
Hi James, not sure about the dictionary part, but to change your account language, you can do it at https://myaccount.google.com/language. Just click the pencil and choose the language you want =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 03:00   Link #16
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Kancolle X Battleship
- Apparently, my idea isn't that original. Someone's already gone and made a game out of it.
Old 2015-03-19, 04:16   Link #17
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What did they do to Akagi!?!!

D:

I think one of the biggest impediments to writing Kancolle is the feeling that you need to know the history of the actual ships before you can write about them. Considering how many kan-musu there are... that's a lot of history.
Old 2015-03-19, 04:18   Link #18
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
What did they do to Akagi!?!!
- All of that bauxite had to go SOMEWHERE...

Quote:
I think one of the biggest impediments to writing Kancolle is the feeling that you need to know the history of the actual ships before you can write about them. Considering how many kan-musu there are... that's a lot of history.
- Which is why I haven't written it--I'm not too well-versed in ships or Kancolle proper, and if I do write a fic it'll be based on the anime---which will probably not do justice to the actual characters. Evn as a gag fic the jokes might not quite fit.

Still, it's worth a try once I have a proper idea to write down.
Old 2015-03-19, 04:22   Link #19
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

That really depends on what you're going for - if you want historical accuracy then why not, just do your research and whatnot. However, if all you're writing is about the Kancolle ships as the characters they are depicted as rather than the ships they came from, then you shouldn't really need much in the way of historical knowledge for that - I mean, do people bother trying to research the intricacies of Kongou's history if they want to write a fanfic about her BURNING LOVE with the Admiral? I'm not someone who plays the game, and only came into the fandom via the doujins and the anime, and yet I'm still writing a Kancolle crossover fanfic anyway (6 chapters and counting).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 04:28   Link #20
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Eh just pick 4 destroyers, 2 cruisers, 2 carriers and 2 battleships that suits your fancy. That's merely ten kan-musu histories for your historical in-jokes.