AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-07-30, 15:03   Link #241
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
If anyone wants to talk about this in the Fon Filia chatroom, feel free to come visit, the link is in my profile.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 15:10   Link #242
Yurichan

Send a message via MSN to Yurichan
Oh god no, please. No more into Fate's past. How much drama and emo do you want.
Why can't you let it rest. It's sad and we have seen enough of it.

The SLB will be there I think. But I am more curious to the afterwards after that. Nanoha bride-holding Fate
Yurichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 16:05   Link #243
Advent000
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
They probably wanted a less magical girlish season 1 for people to remember, more a... Nanoha one.
I agree, the latter series especially have been very different to the typical magical girl.

And I felt that the bow on Nanoha's jacket was out of place.
Advent000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 16:08   Link #244
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
Animation: 7Arcs

There you go I.G rumor.
Well, I don't even know how such a rumor has ever started to begin with, since if that was really the case, I'm sure 2ch threads would mention about that once or twice.
The article also says that the movie will NOT use any pre-produced animation scenes from TV 1st and will draw everything from scratch.

I'm still waiting for Megami to hit my town, which should be tomorrow, to start on Tsuduki's interviews.
However, several kind souls put up summeries on 2ch and it's something like;
  • Battle and action scenes are changed significantly from TV; Reason and outcome of fights will be the same, but place and how they fight will be quite different.
  • From the stage of writing base scenario, he's focusing on speedy-and-exciting visuals expected for a movie; especially he wants to show what a "Fight of aerial mages" should be, opposed to "Stop in mid-air, fire, fire back, repeat" of TV series.
  • They won't go anymore deeper about TSAB than it was in TV 1st. Since 1st is the story about Nanoha and Fate's friendship, movie will focus more on this aspect.
  • After going through 3 seasons, background settings have grown far larger. Their new costumes are designed with these settings up to StS in mind.
Feel free to believe these or not, for I don't have actual book myself yet.
At least these will be some cookies for you, for sure
So they're thinking of taking this parallel story up to StrikerS?

The fight scenes sound good. For some reason, fighter jets come into mind when they say that they want a more speedy and exciting fighting sequence(s) for the mage battles. Although they will have to include Nanoha's Starlight Breaker. Its the thing that sends Fate down for the K.O.
Lets hope that Yuuno isn't a ferret for the most part of the movie...he will have to give Nanoha some back up if they are to fight both Fate and Arf. Not to mention Chrono trying to intervene with the fights. Sounds pretty action packed...although Chrono doesn't get much fight time as compared to the TV series, lets hope they squeeze in some fight time for him when the time comes for Chrono to show up.

As for the story itself, Fate's past needs to be mentioned more and why is she has so much ambition to collect the Jewel Seeds. We all know why, but its an element that will make Nanoha become friends with Fate...no matter how much we all hate how Precia punishes Fate...I wonder if that will be included in this movie as well.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 17:35   Link #245
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurichan View Post
Oh god no, please. No more into Fate's past. How much drama and emo do you want.
Why can't you let it rest. It's sad and we have seen enough of it.

The SLB will be there I think. But I am more curious to the afterwards after that. Nanoha bride-holding Fate
Err...we have?

Actually I dont think I have gotten enough of "tragic fate chan" so I am hoping for more. More so that will deepen my love for her (which is already pretty much impossible ^^).

In fact, I think fate chan's story is the best out of the three seasons...I wonder why

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 22:19   Link #246
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Err...we have?

Actually I dont think I have gotten enough of "tragic fate chan" so I am hoping for more. More so that will deepen my love for her (which is already pretty much impossible ^^).

In fact, I think fate chan's story is the best out of the three seasons...I wonder why
I think It's more the idea of having to watch poor Fate-chan being tortured all over again with improved animation... It's not fun watching your favorite character being whipped to death by the filth of the universe.
Well, It's part of the reason I love her so much, but I need not be reminded of it since it was terribly depressing the first time.
Partly why I enjoy A's the most(and never re-watched first season) is how happy and torture free she was.

Ohwell, enough ranting. I could probably type a essay that would span several pages, but I won't. This is something that's already happened and I must remember that!
Old 2008-07-30, 22:29   Link #247
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

I don't know, this movie doesn't exites me at all :?

I can't think in a good theme for it, besides, StrikerS was full of pointless and bored things, What can we expect from this?
Old 2008-07-31, 01:01   Link #248
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
I don't know, this movie doesn't exites me at all :?

I can't think in a good theme for it, besides, StrikerS was full of pointless and bored things, What can we expect from this?
We can hope, because this isn't in any way a movie remake of StrikerS?

Kind of obvious, don't you think?
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 02:01   Link #249
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

It's nothing wrong to like angst, but it is a folly to flame, Gue'la.
Old 2008-07-31, 02:08   Link #250
Petco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
So they're thinking of taking this parallel story up to StrikerS?

The fight scenes sound good. For some reason, fighter jets come into mind when they say that they want a more speedy and exciting fighting sequence(s) for the mage battles.
Me too,. When I heard about how instead of first season's "Stop, shoot, stop, shoot, slash, stop, shoot" and instead of that, they'll really show you how aerial mages battle, I thought of it being like Jetplanes too(more specifically, the sounds it'll make when the mages fly might sound more like jetplanes).

For example - Instead of Nanoha taking 15 seconds to charge up a Divine Buster or something, then we'd see the divine buster slowly make it's way to Fate and then she blocks.

It'd be faster paced.

Maybe:

1. Less stalling or pausing.

2. Faster paced battle. Nanoha shoots a laser, it shows Fate blocking, Nanoha flies to Fate, starts attacking her with RH in melee combat, maybe she shoots a couple of pink beams also. Fate flies out of combat, fires a bunch of ranged projectiles at Nanoha. Nanoha blocks, Fate attacks from behind.

All this happens in just 15 seconds.

3. Need to replay the fight scenes in slow motion if you want to catch everything(Not that fast, just to give you an idea on how I imagined they might do the fight scenes).
Petco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 04:47   Link #251
crazyhorse
Procrastinator

Nanoha movie? Sweeeet!!~

This is just the thing to get me back into the Nanoha mood. Kinda lost it after StrikerS ended...

I'm definitely interested to see what sort of changes this AU is going to have. Like many of you, I think they will focus more on Nanoha and Fate and shaft the others more than I would like. Hopefully they won't shaft Arf and we'll get to see grown up kick ass Arf, because her lack of appearances in StrikerS was saddening. I do look forward to seeing more of Suzuka, Arisa and Nanoha's family, but yeah I doubt it's gonna happen. And more Hayate and Wolkies is always good. Again though, dunno if there really is enough time for it.

I REALLY want to see Alicia alive and double teaming with Fate , but since they say it's going to have the same outcomes, I don't think there's a really big chance of that happening either

While I'm glad they're going to focus more on Nanoha and Fate's relationship, I hope they won't make the relationship canon in this one. Sure I'm up for some heavy dosage of NanoFate subtext (more than StrikerS), but I'm not fond of seeing two 9 year olds getting together . Now if they do make a remake of them older, now that I wouldn't mind

Overall, I'm just glad to be able to watch more Nanoha and especially their kick ass fights and hearing that they're going to be redone to be better. The new designs look really nice and Bardiche rumored to be genderbended is kinda useless IMO, but I don't really care either way.

But yay! I actually have something to look forward to now
Old 2008-07-31, 07:51   Link #252
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I think It's more the idea of having to watch poor Fate-chan being tortured all over again with improved animation... It's not fun watching your favorite character being whipped to death by the filth of the universe.
Well, It's part of the reason I love her so much, but I need not be reminded of it since it was terribly depressing the first time.
Partly why I enjoy A's the most(and never re-watched first season) is how happy and torture free she was.

Ohwell, enough ranting. I could probably type a essay that would span several pages, but I won't. This is something that's already happened and I must remember that!
I know it isn't fun but I think that experiencing "heart pains" is also a valuable lesson (even in life) which makes you treasure and feel for the character(s) much more. This is another case of what moe type you are into and...
[removed by a moderator]

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Skyfall; 2008-07-31 at 09:07.
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 08:31   Link #253
wjr
JiRo
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to wjr
DAMM Nanoha MOVIEEE! IF it comes to Singapore then it wud surely rock! Supports Supports!

I would most likely be expecting some action between fate and nanoha or about nanoha chan's family
wjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 10:34   Link #254
arkxkra
全力全開

this is one of the most exciting, and happy news for me . Looking forward to the movie 1st.

for the sound stage -
caro after the 3 years hairstyle was not bad huh, and seem like very close to erio .
Old 2008-07-31, 21:59   Link #255
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
We can hope, because this isn't in any way a movie remake of StrikerS?

Kind of obvious, don't you think?
Well, yeah, the good thing is that it's not related with StrikerS

Still, I can't remember a movie bassed on an Anime that has been good, but well, it's Nanoha, I will give her an oportunity
Old 2008-08-01, 02:10   Link #256
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Still, I can't remember a movie bassed on an Anime that has been good, but well, it's Nanoha, I will give her an oportunity
Card Captor Sakura, off the top of my head.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 02:19   Link #257
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

[snip]

Anyways, Gin-sama is his other favorite character, whose tragic past is only eclipsed by Fate's herself.

@Evil Rick: Your Pessimism for expectations of this movie... is depressing.

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-08-01 at 03:45.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 05:19   Link #258
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petco View Post
Me too,. When I heard about how instead of first season's "Stop, shoot, stop, shoot, slash, stop, shoot" and instead of that, they'll really show you how aerial mages battle, I thought of it being like Jetplanes too(more specifically, the sounds it'll make when the mages fly might sound more like jetplanes).

For example - Instead of Nanoha taking 15 seconds to charge up a Divine Buster or something, then we'd see the divine buster slowly make it's way to Fate and then she blocks.

It'd be faster paced.

Maybe:

1. Less stalling or pausing.

2. Faster paced battle. Nanoha shoots a laser, it shows Fate blocking, Nanoha flies to Fate, starts attacking her with RH in melee combat, maybe she shoots a couple of pink beams also. Fate flies out of combat, fires a bunch of ranged projectiles at Nanoha. Nanoha blocks, Fate attacks from behind.

All this happens in just 15 seconds.

3. Need to replay the fight scenes in slow motion if you want to catch everything(Not that fast, just to give you an idea on how I imagined they might do the fight scenes).
Yeah that would be pretty cool...especially seeing the two fly by like fighter jets...I wonder if they'll let innocent by standers get hurt as well? Maybe they should change that concept of their attacks only doing "Magical Damage" to really doing some real Physical damage.
Maybe since this is an alternate universe to Nanoha, it could start out like super hero movies...Nanoha receives great power, but comes to find out that these things will soon come into conflict with her everyday life...school, family, and other things. Not to mention how to befriend Fate without as so much of hurting her to the point of death, even though we all know that Fate was pretty stubborn in the first season.

Well animation has always been a top priority in most anime movies....even in the series as well. We will get to see some pretty good dog fight scenes with Nanoha and Fate...and hopefully, with Yuuno, Arf, and Chrono.
Even though the whole story will be centered on Nanoha and Fate, I really want Yuuno, Arf, and Chrono to have decent fight scene(s) as well. They are supporting roles in the show after all.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 20:31   Link #259
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Card Captor Sakura, off the top of my head.
... you'r kidding right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
[COLOR="Purple"]
@Evil Rick: Your Pessimism for expectations of this movie... is depressing.
Sorry, but belive me, I wish and hope that the movie will be good... although, a BIG part of me really doubt it...

Nya... jus ignore me, I have a soul of critic
Old 2008-08-01, 22:09   Link #260
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
... you'r kidding right?

Sorry, but belive me, I wish and hope that the movie will be good... although, a BIG part of me really doubt it...

Nya... jus ignore me, I have a soul of critic
The Cardcaptor Sakura movies received good reviews and are rated fairly high by majority of viewers. Having seen them myself, I will have to agree with DK. They were movies that did not fail the TV to Movie transition, and they presented storylines (and in the case of the second movie, an end) that did the series good. Unlike, say, the Naruto movies...

But if you feel that they failed, I will accept it as your opinion.

As for my thoughts on the Nanoha movie...

I hope it's done well.

Tags
movie