Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-25, 10:57   Link #61
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

I hate the animators so much right now.
any1 wanna go ask the fan animators to animate it the way it was in the manga?

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2011-02-25, 13:57   Link #62
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
For my own curiosity, do you have a link for the ratings of these weekly episodes? I'd like to get a feel for Bleach's average ratings in Japan as of late.
Anime news network has the ratings every week

February 7-13
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...c.php?t=159715

January 31 - February 6
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...c.php?t=157263

January 24-30
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...c.php?t=154896
Old 2011-02-25, 14:34   Link #63
sayde

^^Thank you very much for the informative reply.
Old 2011-02-25, 22:16   Link #64
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
I'm not even sure the anime will last long enough for the next arc to be animated as episode 309 didn't even rank in it's weeks ratings while the lowest ranked show's got a rating of 1.5% which if Bleach had received would have been a new low anyway but it didn't even reach that.

There was also a comment by the group that does the current opening that they will be the last but it was taken down so that was probably wrong

As for how much filler with only 15 chapters of content so far in which nothing happens a year or more of filler is likely.
Yeah, that's it. I haven't looked at the ratings in a while but even when Bleach was doing well consistently, it still didn't make the top 20 let alone the top 10. I think this show's fate hangs on how well it is being received in Shounen Jump. If the manga sells well, they should continue with the anime regardless of the rating. In shounen series that has always been the case as long as the author didn't stop writing the manga. Kubo still remains one of the top earner in that country among the mangakas. That said, I also agree that 1.5% viewer rating is pretty pathetic.

Btw, here is an up to date list of rating. Bleach is no where in sight. Naruto is back in the top 10 again. Filler can hurt any TV series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voduar View Post
On a saner note, can anyone of you Japanese speakers tell me if what Aizen says about the Soul King is meant to be taken perjoratively? The anime translation seems to imply that there is something off with the Soul King, but I am not sure how to take it.
I'm not a Japanese speaker but this is what he says to Urahara in the anime:
"Naze anna mono ni shitta gatte ira reru no da?"
The literal translation for "anna mono" would be "that thing." The usage of those words are somewhat derogatory mostly used for inanimate object or for person one doesn't consider equal.

And Urahara's puzzled reply came out as the following:
Anna mono....? Rei-O no koto desu ka? Soka.. anata mitan desu ne? Rei-O no sonzai na kere wa, Soul Society ga horubetsu suro.
-- That thing? Are you talking about the King? I see.... you saw, didn't you? Without the King's existence Soul Society breaks apart.
From those exchange of words it seems this King could be anything, but it is needed for the sake of Soul Society's existence. Urahara goes on to say that the King is pretty much the base of Soul Society and without the base any construction falls apart. Soul Society is no different.

Those lines seem to give a hint to why Aizen might have been striving for power where he seek to go beyond that realm of shinigami and hollow. The King's existence probably what enables or controls the existence of Soul Society and the Hollow World.
Old 2011-02-26, 01:14   Link #65
rei_ayanami17
Agent 0017

hmmm.... about what i last post to the topic that the HOGYOUKU IS THE SOUL KING, some were reacting that it is not.... but then i appreciate your opinion and it makes me think more...

i think the reason you not see my point here is that i forgot to explain why i come up with that conclusion...

i still want to believe that the hogyouku (if it is not the soul king itself) has a connection to the soul king. These are what i remember and try to remember it too...

First is the power of Inoue Orihime. Aizen explained to her that her power is not rejecting but reversing the time and space within that shun shun rikka that's why she was able to revive the lost arm of grimmjow. Aizen even describe her power as "GOD-LIKE POWER" but Orihime is just a human, so how come she has a god-like power. Like what i said before, the hogyouku gives her power because her heart feels that she is powerless. And so the hogyouku can be god (soul king)....

can i ask how come and when did it tell that Uruhara created the hogyouku? Uruhara created the gigai of kuchiki rukia as storage or vault for that orb but not the hogyouku itself. It is shown in the turn back the pendelum that he was working for the gigai but it did not shown that he was working for the creation of hogyouku. And Uruhara never mention himself as the creator of Hogyouku, only Aizen claiming that he was...

In ss arc, Aizen states that uruhara surpass the intelligence of a shinigami, his beyond a shinigami thinking skills beacuse he created the hogyouku yet it contradicts to his statement that he want the hogyouku because " shinigami have limitation". Now, how can you describe Uruhara?

someone said that Aizen create his own hogyouku. Back to the turn back the pendelum chapters\episode, Aizen was experementing on hollows and that is the time he create his own hogyouku (correct me if im wrong) . He even test it to those Vizards but after that he think that it was failed but it was not because the vizard was able to have a power of hollow. Then, uruhara used the hogyouku to save the vizars beacuse they're just turning into hollow. That time, the hogyouku activated, Uruhara's heart desire is to have that power of both hollow and shinigami and thus the hogyouku work like that. Then, the big dude, Tessai, even describe it "..... IT HAS A PRESENCE!" when Uruhara shown the hogyouku to him...

why does Aizen have to steal Uruhara's Hogyouku if he has his own? If Aizen only wants to become powerful, he can create the hogyouku that can give him the power of both hollow and shinigami, after all, he can used forbidden and high class kidou. He can steal books to the great library of soul society to achive that. It's beacuse, Aizen realize that Uruhara's hogyouku is special. Remember that he's spying to uRuhara in turn back the pendelum...

Now that he has the hogyouku (the hogyouku is god\soul king) and the hogyouku see him as master, Aizen now is too proud to himself. He was able to step up against God and thus always referring himself now as god.

In his battle against ichigo, ichigo able to overpower him, thus his heart become weak and believe that ichigo (human) is now more powerful than him. According to ichigo, he feels loneliness in Aizen's blade. His heart might remember his past. His heart feels loneliness. He look back in times when he was weak and no power so the hogyouku activated and read that emotion of his heart thus making him powerless. If it is not the reason, then its all according to his plan..

why the soul king was mention in thew discussion of aizen and uruhara about the hogyouku as " that thing " if its not....

uruhara and aizen are both introverted characters.

heeeeeeeee..............now, i will still come up on waiting to Kubo to reveal what is really the hogyouku, damn it!......... but i wish you understand my point now.... (^^)

Ichimaru Gin
Old 2011-02-26, 01:50   Link #66
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei_ayanami17 View Post
First is the power of Inoue Orihime. Aizen explained to her that her power is not rejecting but reversing the time and space within that shun shun rikka that's why she was able to revive the lost arm of grimmjow. Aizen even describe her power as "GOD-LIKE POWER" but Orihime is just a human, so how come she has a god-like power.
Minor correction here--her power is the opposite. Ulquiorra was the one to originally suggest the nature of her ability to be time & space based. And it's Aizen that corrected him by revealing it to be the power of rejection--which is an ability not limited by time and space.
Old 2011-02-26, 01:57   Link #67
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
how come she has a god-like power
Her power has been shown to have limitations, eg. Ichigo's wound from Ulquiorra...
Quote:
why does Aizen have to steal Uruhara's Hogyouku if he has his own?
Aizen himself said that he fed Urahara's hogyoku to his own, to increase the amount of souls it absorbed.
Quote:
why the soul king was mention in thew discussion of aizen and uruhara about the hogyouku as " that thing " if its not....
A more simple argument, is that Aizen talked about the king with aversion, while he has always loved the hogyoku, so the two being the same is contradicting.
Quote:
i will still come up on waiting to Kubo to reveal what is really the hogyouku, damn it!
The hogyoku was supposed to be a mysterious artifact that would serve as a plot device for the next arc after the SS arc, which it did. There's no real need for explanation, think of it like the philosopher's stone from FMA.
Quote:
That time, the hogyouku activated
Not too sure about this, Aizen had to feed his own with a lot of reiatsu and souls and wait years before its activation, and Urahara couldn't save the vizard after all, so what makes you think it activated at the time?
Old 2011-02-26, 09:08   Link #68
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Yeah, that's it. I haven't looked at the ratings in a while but even when Bleach was doing well consistently, it still didn't make the top 20 let alone the top 10. I think this show's fate hangs on how well it is being received in Shounen Jump. If the manga sells well, they should continue with the anime regardless of the rating. In shounen series that has always been the case as long as the author didn't stop writing the manga. Kubo still remains one of the top earner in that country among the mangakas. That said, I also agree that 1.5% viewer rating is pretty pathetic.

Btw, here is an up to date list of rating. Bleach is no where in sight. Naruto is back in the top 10 again. Filler can hurt any TV series.

I was under the impression that mainstream anime required good ratings because there funding comes from sponsors and if the ratings drop the sponsors cease funding the show.
Old 2011-02-26, 16:11   Link #69
Voduar

Quote:
I'm not a Japanese speaker but this is what he says to Urahara in the anime:
"Naze anna mono ni shitta gatte ira reru no da?"
The literal translation for "anna mono" would be "that thing." The usage of those words are somewhat derogatory mostly used for inanimate object or for person one doesn't consider equal.

And Urahara's puzzled reply came out as the following:
Anna mono....? Rei-O no koto desu ka? Soka.. anata mitan desu ne? Rei-O no sonzai na kere wa, Soul Society ga horubetsu suro.
-- That thing? Are you talking about the King? I see.... you saw, didn't you? Without the King's existence Soul Society breaks apart.
From those exchange of words it seems this King could be anything, but it is needed for the sake of Soul Society's existence. Urahara goes on to say that the King is pretty much the base of Soul Society and without the base any construction falls apart. Soul Society is no different.

Those lines seem to give a hint to why Aizen might have been striving for power where he seek to go beyond that realm of shinigami and hollow. The King's existence probably what enables or controls the existence of Soul Society and the Hollow World.
Thanks for the translation. A further question, though this I think may be where translating implications become a bit odd: Could that word usage be used to refer to something monstrous? I am getting this weird feeling that KT wants to have Aizen be at least partially right. I have a suspicion, and I think some others have expressed this better, that whatever the Soul King is, it might be very unpleasant in its own right. That said, KT also likes to leave a lot of unfired shotguns lying about, so I may be speculating over nothing.
Old 2011-02-27, 02:25   Link #70
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

i think the western concept of somebody describing something as "that thing" would be to imply it's something nasty, or horrible, or disgusting or poo. or that you don't know what it is, and that you've never seen it before/

eg: if you found out the president of america was a dog, would you call it a thing or a dog? (assuming you know what a dog is beforehand). how about if you didn't know what a dog was? would you then call it a "thing"?

it makes the assumption the spirit king might be something that looks like it shouldn't be in charge and that the fact it's in charge repulses aizen (and possibly urahara). and it isn't cute like chappy the rabbit. or maybe it is chappy the rabbit and aizen is repulsed by the thing?

please be chappy the rabbit...

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2011-02-27, 17:44   Link #71
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Finally, it's over. No more Arrancar, no more raids from and to Hueco Mundo.

And, yet Ichigo had to come with the crappiest thing he should never had done.
His words to Urahara made me to think that to a degree he felt sorry for Aizen, due to the fact that possibly Aizen had been leading a lonely life, because he gave up on the way at finding someone he could call an "equal".

Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-27, 22:58   Link #72
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

I still think that yachiru is the inadvertent physical representation of Kenpachi's Zanpakto [edit]spirit[/edit], I wonder if (what ever the manga/anime shows us, I hope the next few arcs eventually shows us)
Old 2011-02-28, 00:58   Link #73
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Finally, it's over. No more Arrancar, no more raids from and to Hueco Mundo.

And, yet Ichigo had to come with the crappiest thing he should never had done.
His words to Urahara made me to think that to a degree he felt sorry for Aizen, due to the fact that possibly Aizen had been leading a lonely life, because he gave up on the way at finding someone he could call an "equal".
I'll give Ichigo this, he may be the most "thoughtful" main antagonist of all the popular long-running jump-animes (And no infinitely crying over Sasghey don't = Thoughtful)...It's frustrating to be sure, but he has been fairly consistent with his feeling towards all of his opponents and the way he basically breaks there manhood down, before, during, and after his battles with them..I too did a WTF-sigh when he basically tried to un-demonize Aizen...But after further reflection that just coincides with his character...For some reason he is a character crafted to see the spirit of his opponent far more than the deeds...Troubling yes, but not without consistency for him...
Old 2011-02-28, 01:49   Link #74
rei_ayanami17
Agent 0017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Her power has been shown to have limitations, eg. Ichigo's wound from Ulquiorra...
Aizen himself said that he fed Urahara's hogyoku to his own, to increase the amount of souls it absorbed.

A more simple argument, is that Aizen talked about the king with aversion, while he has always loved the hogyoku, so the two being the same is contradicting.

The hogyoku was supposed to be a mysterious artifact that would serve as a plot device for the next arc after the SS arc, which it did. There's no real need for explanation, think of it like the philosopher's stone from FMA.

Not too sure about this, Aizen had to feed his own with a lot of reiatsu and souls and wait years before its activation, and Urahara couldn't save the vizard after all, so what makes you think it activated at the time?

of course, orihime's power must shown limitation because after all, even she have a god-like power, she's still a human.

heeeeee....... i agree too that it is mysterious artifact but i don't agree that it doesnt need an explanation how it was created.............. the philosopher stone in full metal alchemist has an explanation, thus i understand why it is powerful -- a legendary stone is said to allow the holder to completely bypass the law of Equivalent Exchange and letting him or her construct matter without any particular source. It is created using the souls of living humans and condensing them into a Stone with incredible alchemic energy.

so how about the hogyouku?

im sorry for using the word activated, i think the approriate term i used there is "used". Uruhara used the hogyouku to save the vizards, HE SAVED THE VIZARD, if he didn't save the vizard that time, they would not able to take revenge to Aizen in fake karakura town arc, they might kill by the shinigami because they will all turn to hollow. But that experiment of Aizen able them to have extra power that they shown to him when they met after a hundred years.

and i think im wrong too to tell that " i still come up waiting to Kubo to reveal what hogyouku is"

my question now is what is the soul king? is there any connection between Him and the Hogyouku?

heeeeeeeeeeeee................. im still curios about hogyouku

Ichimaru Gin

Last edited by rei_ayanami17; 2011-02-28 at 01:55. Reason: i forgot something
Old 2011-02-28, 06:40   Link #75
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
so how about the hogyouku?
It eats souls...Aizen fed it tons and now it can work wonders. That's pretty much all we know about it. I don't think it has to be connected to the soul king, but I'm sure he will have a word about it when the time comes.
Old 2011-02-28, 13:09   Link #76
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
I invite everyone to read the chapter 178 from the manga or watch episode 62, we will see this dialogue with Ukitake:
Quote:
Ukitake: What are you trying to do?
Aizen: To go higher
Ukitake: Have you fallen in the process, Aizen?!
Aizen: You are too arrogant, Ukitake. No one starts on the top of the world. Not you, not me. Not even Gods. But the unbearable vacancy of the throne in the sky is over. From now on I will be sitting on it... Goodbye.
So, Aizen has no respect for the Soul King and he wanted to be higher than that mere "thing", he wanted the throne of God. Probably the only thing that would be a menace to that position is the Soul King (i don't know why or how that could be). So Aizen wants to destroy him/it with the Hogyoku and the famous key to enter to his/its "realm".

That's my theory about it. Probably Urahara understood that the hogyoku could be used for that kind of plans so he wanted to "destroy it" and he used Rukia because her mental breakdown because the death of his vice-captain. How Ichigo and the attack of the hollows to his mom and house fits in that is another story.