AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-11, 16:15   Link #10281
Hiro Hayase

To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou chapter 40 - Page 30

It's where "Mental Out" came from and the "the queen of oujos" name is Shokuhou-sama.

Someone was asking about this awhile ago I think.

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2011-05-11 at 17:47.
Old 2011-05-11, 16:41   Link #10282
Miraluka
Banned

So Shokuhou isn't actually a name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Also: Where should I put Aiwass, Archangel Gabriel, and the Maiden of Versailles? Right now the former two are in "Other Characters", and the latter doesn't have a folder at all...
MoV was another pawn since the RCC moved their influences on France to start the attacks against England.
Old 2011-05-11, 16:45   Link #10283
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
So Shokuhou isn't actually a name?
The general consensus on TV Tropes is that it's her surname.

Quote:
MoV was another pawn since the RCC moved their influences on France to start the attacks against England.
Okay, this is getting confusing.

Can someone start from the beginning and explain the whole situation with England?
Old 2011-05-11, 17:08   Link #10284
tsunade666

Quote:

Can someone start from the beginning and explain the whole situation with England?
The simple answer is. Fiamma suggest that if the france won't start moving england will overwhelm you with the academy city by their side. then france attacks euro tunnel. That gives more reason for carrisa to do her plan because the england is like a sitting duck in front of the roman catholic church and france. Well more like primarily france. france and england endless rivalry and quarrel.

Basically what Fiamma is doing adding gasoline to the burning fire. give both side reasons to attack each other. while he waits for the time to snatch the remote.
Old 2011-05-11, 17:11   Link #10285
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Basically what Fiamma is doing adding gasoline to the burning fire. give both side reasons to attack each other. while he waits for the time to snatch the remote.
But how does Carissa coup play into that situation? I understand it makes England weak to attack, but does it have any other effects?
Old 2011-05-11, 17:16   Link #10286
tsunade666

Quote:
But how does Carissa coup play into that situation? I understand it makes England weak to attack, but does it have any other effects?
I don't understand much your question.... slow me.

Is it about the connection of Carissa to Fiamma? because I'm not sure if those two are connected at all. Because from what I can tell on Carissa she wants her country to be strong.

Because currently England was allying with Academy city. And the enemy is RRC and Russia allied each other. Then their is the eternal enemy France. By the standing of England against the enemy. They don't stand much of a chance unless their is a "change" in system.

She just isn't contented on the current settings and feel fear for her countries safety. And the oldest sister of the royal family knew that and also the knights. That's why they sided with her.
Old 2011-05-11, 17:17   Link #10287
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
As far as I recall on Juuni Kokki novels, every single queen was called "something + hou".
Old 2011-05-11, 19:22   Link #10288
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
In the same way that no one (sans Maika) calls Misaka "Mikoto" there is no way in hell that they'll address the queen with just her name casually. The girls of Tokiwadai seem to be very picky with social standing and such.

Quote:

Roughly, needs more detail.

Fiamma "needed" "that" that was in england, so he decided to switch the current plans of the Roman Catholics from attacking Academy City to attacking England (which has "that", "that" is assumed to be John's Pen remote controller). France quickly caught on to the idea and started hostilities.
Carissa got full of herself and made an enemy out of every faction in England sans the knights and started to pit aggressive actions towards France. The subsequent chaos allowed Fiamma complete freedom to move within England without dragging attention and he easily grabbed "that" and as a bonus he captured Index, attacked Touma and told Carissa just how useless she was in the end.
Old 2011-05-11, 20:29   Link #10289
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Volume 18 updated, folks.

They sure do like to look down on Index...

Quote:
“That would be nice, but what do we do about this?”
Kamijou looked up in puzzlement and Index politely pointed in front of her.
“There’s some kind of wall with clicky things on it in the way.”
“…”
Okay, everyone. Let’s translate that from Index language☆
There’s a shutter with an electronic lock blocking the way. What do we do?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-05-11, 21:25   Link #10290
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
In the same way that no one (sans Maika) calls Misaka "Mikoto" there is no way in hell that they'll address the queen with just her name casually. The girls of Tokiwadai seem to be very picky with social standing and such.
Well, it's not about social standing. In Japan, it's considered rude to call someone by their first name unless you're close friend or a family member. Even a teacher will call his/her student by their last name instead of first name. I also thought it's the queen's last name, but can't be sure until her full name is given right? ^_^
Old 2011-05-11, 21:26   Link #10291
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
For an instant, Mikoto was seized with an ominous feeling, but she shook her "__________" to clear it.
Is "head" the missing word by chance?
Old 2011-05-11, 21:43   Link #10292
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Well, it's not about social standing. In Japan, it's considered rude to call someone by their first name unless you're close friend or a family member. Even a teacher will call his/her student by their last name instead of first name. I also thought it's the queen's last name, but can't be sure until her full name is given right? ^_^
Yeah but remember that Tokiwadai case is extreme, were "personalities" like Mikoto are revered and are considered people that students shouldn't get close to her just like that. I even remember Kuroko mentioning that Misaka was expected to be the center of the "circle" (students) and she is required to keep herself standing in the center of the circle itself and should never mix herself with it, to what Kamijou thought that there is no way that such a bratty little kid is treated as an Elite within the school, or something.

Last edited by Okashira; 2011-10-17 at 09:59.
Old 2011-05-11, 21:48   Link #10293
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Is "head" the missing word by chance?
Yeah, don't worry I edited it.
Spoiler for Part 5:

Hahaha too bad we couldn't see some interaction between Fukiyose, Himegami, Yomikawa, Hyouka, and Mikoto. LOL at Mikoto's logic!

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2011-05-11 at 21:58.
Old 2011-05-11, 22:18   Link #10294
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
“Sorry, Misaka! I’m trying to sneak into a subway station. Do you know how to open a shutter’s electronic lock!?”

“…………………………………………………..”

Misaka Mikoto removed the cell phone from her ear, sighed loudly, and calmly hung up.

She put the phone back on the table and started back on the giant Salisbury steak, but then the small vibrations of the phone started again.

She took a sip of her non-sugar latte and elegantly wiped her lips with a napkin before finally reaching over for the cell phone again.

“Sorry, Misaka! I’m trying to sneak into a subway station. Do you-…!?”
I just found it so hilarious that he was trying to say the exact same thing
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-05-11, 23:55   Link #10295
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

This line got a laugh out of me.

Quote:

“Y’know…the back alleys here sure are different from the ones in Academy City.”

“Touma. Being a connoisseur of back alleys isn’t something to be proud of.”
Old 2011-05-12, 02:26   Link #10296
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

Quote:

Also: Where should I put Aiwass, Archangel Gabriel, and the Maiden of Versailles? Right now the former two are in "Other Characters", and the latter doesn't have a folder at all...
Aiwass and Gabriel can be put into "Angel-Class" category?
Old 2011-05-12, 02:29   Link #10297
Hiro Hayase

Spoiler for Part 6:

LOL this reminds me of Felli kicking Layfon on his shins everytime she's mad or jealous
Old 2011-05-12, 03:57   Link #10298
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IppoTsuko View Post
Aiwass and Gabriel can be put into "Angel-Class" category?
Aiwass is a bit special I believe. Gabriel is strong, but aiwass is on totally another world.
Old 2011-05-12, 04:51   Link #10299
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

With these new entries on the trope... this come to my attention again: Just when and where it was stated Fiamma is the Pope's mentor? I remembered he was stated to be his adviser, but I simply don't recall he was his mentor.
Old 2011-05-12, 05:56   Link #10300
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Spoiler for Part 6:

LOL this reminds me of Felli kicking Layfon on his shins everytime she's mad or jealous
Both of them are Silver haired girls as well

Lol Touma, I probably shouldn't be surprised, but just as Tatemiya warned him about it, he ended up still commit lese majeste
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen