AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-10-31, 01:22   Link #101
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
..... well, good to see that my suspicions that Disney will buy every major company out one by one until they own everything is coming true. Good to know I'm not going crazy~

.... wait
Old 2012-10-31, 01:37   Link #102
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

In the future all our entertainment will be owned by Disney and everything else will be owned by Proctor & Gamble.
Old 2012-10-31, 04:14   Link #103
Blaat

The only part of the news I didn't like is the episode VII announcement, then again Lucas isn't writing and directing it so it can't be that bad right? ... right? :S
Old 2012-10-31, 04:18   Link #104
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
The only part of the news I didn't like is the episode VII announcement, then again Lucas isn't writing and directing it so it can't be that bad right? ... right? :S
I think Disney will do alright with it. At least we know there will be good story writing involved. And maybe even *gasp* character development.

My only fear is it getting watered down and too "kid-friendly". Because that would just be lame.
Old 2012-10-31, 04:20   Link #105
sa547
*Author

I wake up this morning, read the announcement, and all I could say... "WTF?"
Old 2012-10-31, 05:10   Link #106
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I think Disney will do alright with it. At least we know there will be good story writing involved. And maybe even *gasp* character development.

My only fear is it getting watered down and too "kid-friendly". Because that would just be lame.
I think if Disney can oversee The Avengers, they can handle making a Star Wars film that isn't at the Jar Jar Binks level.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 05:13   Link #107
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Jar Jar Binks Return of the Sith?
Only joking, nice too see Star Wars will be returning. Might be bad might be good.
Old 2012-10-31, 05:38   Link #108
Ridwan

This thread should be renamed as "Internet to become much whinier place".
Old 2012-10-31, 06:10   Link #109
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Jar Jar Binks Return of the Sith?
What do you mean?

That duck billed bitch got blown to pieces on Alderaan with EVERY other Alderanian ALL of whose deaths are his fucking fault!!
Old 2012-10-31, 06:52   Link #110
winterbaby
вelιnda

Disney always does this. They own movies that made a lot of money. This way the spend millions of dollars to earn millions of dollars.
Old 2012-10-31, 08:05   Link #111
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well this is a surprise. Seeing how they handled the Marvel Studios movies like The Avengers, i think Star Wars will be just fine under Disney. Maybe the 7th movie will be an Old Republic era perhaps?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-10-31, 09:39   Link #112
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
This thread should be renamed as "Internet to become much whinier place".
Seriously. Nostalgia drives the original trilogy more than almost anything. The movies are great but people get so vitriolic over anything Star Wars related that isn't untouched OT, that it's kind of a shame. Let's be honest, the prequels do have a lot of flaws, but they aren't bad movies. Okay, maybe the first one isn't so great because the pacing was almost as slow paced and wooden as the child actor for Anakin. But still. Even with better casting choices, better directing, and a tighter script, there's no way the prequels would have ever matched the hype created by decades of waiting for more Star Wars movies.

I also take issue with the stubborn attitude taken towards re-releasing the OT, remastered but otherwise untouched, whenever a new movie format comes out. Fans shouldn't have to petition to get both the Special Editions and the Original Editions released. It's silly.

Like all franchises, Star Wars has hits and misses. Movies, books, games, you name it, there are good and bad from the license. It's really no different than the other modern day sci-fi mega franchise Star Trek. Both have produced moments of incredible storytelling, and both have produced some of the most embarrassing crap ever seen. All I know is that Episode 3 still commands one of the most heartbreaking sequences in movie history with Order 66, on par with Spock's death. The needs of the many....

Just be happy it's Disney. People are still stuck in the "Disney is for kids" mentality, but the reality is they're now one of the largest media giants in existence today and they command a huge number of brands under their umbrella that are managed well. It's certainly better than letting the brand languish in legal hell with projects waiting in the wings that will never see the light of day.
Old 2012-10-31, 09:50   Link #113
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I am curious about those who want the Star Wars novels made into Ep7. Frankly I think the only way Ep7 can work is by giving the director as much freedom as possible. The novels should never dictate what the films can or cannot do.
Old 2012-10-31, 10:01   Link #114
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I am curious about those who want the Star Wars novels made into Ep7. Frankly I think the only way Ep7 can work is by giving the director as much freedom as possible. The novels should never dictate what the films can or cannot do.
Generally, as so long as no one tries to remake the original trilogy for at least another 20 years (by then all the die hard Star Wars fans will have been tragically killed after picking a fight with the wrong Star Trek fan), I really do not care what the new movie(s) will be about. I think it would be interesting to create something entirely unique (the Force on Earth?; Some entirely new force-user in an even further future than the current post-films storylines?; John Carter 2; etc), but I would also appreciate some adaptations of some of the post- or pre-film series storylines.

That being said, the next film should be released in 2017. Not before, and not after. 2017.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 10:08   Link #115
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I am kinda of surprised that Disney did pick up Lucasfilm mostly mindblowned but my next question is whats next for Disney. I know that they might be looking to a certain little country for their next buy.
Old 2012-10-31, 10:11   Link #116
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
I am kinda of surprised that Disney did pick up Lucasfilm mostly mindblowned but my next question is whats next for Disney. I know that they might be looking to a certain little country for their next buy.
But they already own Land and a World....
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 10:23   Link #117
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Disney sort of realised the only way the theme-parks can survive is if they bring in new franchises.

I am looking forward to buying the Chogokin King Robot Mickey & Friends, myself.

Spoiler for size:
Old 2012-10-31, 10:42   Link #118
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Yep, they own everything, but in my opinion, I think they might look into getting in the Anime business as well (I know that they have WDA Japan (btw, that did classic like Darkwing Dark, Gaygorles, and other) was shut down in 2005). But I think that with the success that they had with Kingdom Hearts. I think they might try to get their hands into the Anime pot if they want.
Old 2012-10-31, 10:46   Link #119
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, that was unexpected. Right now, I can't really tell if this is a good or a bad thing. It will all depend on who they get to work on these upcoming films. Might end up being better than we think.

A Star Wars sequel seems pretty necessary though.
Old 2012-10-31, 10:49   Link #120
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

the only anime company that make sense for disney the buy will be Ghibli but i doubt that will happen. at least not before Hayao Miyazaki death.

actually is there any recent news about western company buying eastern company?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
star wars