AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-17, 11:50   Link #81
NeoSam

The anime and manga of Binchou-tan seem to be different.

Read this post about it.
Old 2006-02-18, 19:38   Link #82
Ilpalazzo-sama

Wow, and i've thought Chiyo-chan is the cutest anime character ever. But Binchou-tan beats her. She is just way too damn cute. And this show... it is just peaceful, very peaceful. And cute. Too cute. Cuteness overload...

Last edited by Ilpalazzo-sama; 2006-03-17 at 15:36.
Ilpalazzo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 04:01   Link #83
FrankTinsley@mac.com

Only the Japanese could look at something like a piece of charcoal and think adorable little girl.
FrankTinsley@mac.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 05:06   Link #84
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTinsley@mac.com
Only the Japanese could look at something like a piece of charcoal and think adorable little girl.
Not to mention OS-tans, and Afganis-Tan.

In episode 3 I was thinking, what is the deal with girls with plaster in the knee? I have seen many pictures like that. Just for add their cuteness?
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 13:29   Link #85
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 03 was yet another cute episode. Also, i'm happy that some more characters were intruduced.. though the guy with the long top hat kinda scares me. ^^;
Old 2006-02-24, 14:01   Link #86
Onesimos

Episode #4, "A Rainy Sunday" has aired in Japanese TV. We should expect a fansub for it soon.

(Just reviving this forum after several days of forum problems.)
Onesimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 22:01   Link #87
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

These animated GIFs are from Episode #4. No spoilers here...just innocuous random scenes.

This one is too large to use here, but it was a cute scene (cute to me that is). I didn't want to cut out any frames because I like her fulid hair.

These are the right size.

Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 07:30   Link #88
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
This one is too large to use here, but it was a cute scene (cute to me that is). I didn't want to cut out any frames because I like her fulid hair.

Thats looking to be one of the cutest scene's so far in Binchou-tan. Though thats only coming from my opinion.
Old 2006-03-03, 02:53   Link #89
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Wait, Frothbite is haitusing Black jack for this?!
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 17:06   Link #90
aptivamori

I love Binchotan to bits... this series has such a sweet simplicity to it. It's adorable, and it has some really gorgeous music.
The visuals and atmosphere remind me of a Ghibli or old Disney movie...

I want to see more... I was hoping to find some raws to watch before the next subs are out, but no one has them. ;_;
aptivamori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 00:15   Link #91
LilEva

Send a message via AIM to LilEva Send a message via MSN to LilEva Send a message via Yahoo to LilEva
I just moved to a new city after finding a job here and I don't know anyone, so it's kind of funny how much I see my life and her life mirrors each other. Cheesy, I know.
LilEva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 07:57   Link #92
SilentBob
I like corm

Hehe, I totally missed Manholes episode 3 "/b/ tard" subs.

"Coal loli girl", hehe.
SilentBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 10:19   Link #93
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Talking It's so KAWAIIIIIII~!

Still here and kicking! And as I can see there is a forum section for 'Binchou-tan'. Finally, it loaded up.

Hi NeoSam! Sorry for disappearing but after the server got FUBAR'd I kind of got bummed out. Not to mention being incredibly busy trying to do work and catch up on some shows (Black Jack TV, Mai-Otome, Blood+, Jigoku Shoujo, Konjiki no Gash Bell, Pretty Cure, Pretty Cure MH, Pretty Cure SS, Ginga Densetsu WEED, Godannar, GGG, GGG Final, RM~Traumend, yes I haven't finished yet as well. I'd watch 'Ergo Proxy', but it might be too complex without some summaries. So I'm doing a little of everything provided it grabs my interest both past and present.)

But yes, I'm watching this show and I must say it's so ADORABLE!!! I can't stop watching it! Even the music in this show is very well orchestrated. I love the OP song. Well, not enough to marry it but you get my drift.

So far I've watched 5 eps. so far. The 3 that 'Manhole-Desu', 'AnimeLito' and 'Froth-Bite' subbed and 4 and 5 raw. I'm sort of getting tired of waiting these days. Though I do like 'Froth-Bite's formats because they're higher quality. However these high quality subs cause enough trouble if you don't have a video player that supports mp4 (h264 codecs). But I also applaud 'AnimeLito's quality subs too, but mostly for the extra effort put into the translation notes.

The first 2 episode were done well, but I noticed that episode 3 had a little bit of animation issues in certain scenes. By episode 4 things had picked up again. I had watched that episode like 4 times. I have to say that little 'Chiku-tan' is a favorite of mine. She and her sister were cracking me up in that episode. I didn't know that "chikutan" was another type of charcoal. I should've known. Since this is a show about charcoal. I tried looking it up but didn't find it in the 'Jim Breem's online Japanese-English dictionary. But after looking at the previous posts and then looking around I was able to find images of it. I guess that's would also explain her little bamboo hairpiece. Also, another thing I caught too was 'Chiku-tan's name is also a play on the world "chiku-chiku" which means to "prick" or be "prickly". Which could be why her hair always sticks straight out when she has an idea or looks wild like a porcupine when she wakes up in the morning. The little scene where she and 'Binchou-tan' are sitting in the broken down car (that looks too good to be busted) on a rainy day playing 'shiritori' (Japanese word game) was really cute. It was surprising how much I was able to understand in this episode w/o any subs. Only thing tried to figure out was the whole "stilt's deal and why 'Chiku-tan' was having a fit.

Didn't know that "kunugitan" was a type of charcoal. That would also explain her little hair logs. Poor little 'Kunugi-tan'. More like poor little rich girl. In the OP where you see 'Binchou-tan' and 'Kunugi-tan' running through the fields you see a little stag beetle grab onto the hem of her dress. It's a cute little touch. I look forward to seeing the othe characters in action. Like the mysterious 'Ren-tan'. While, I did find it listed as a type of charcoal. There is also another definition too for "rentan". It also means "elixir of life". It be interesting to see if that definition also relates to her occupation. Since she's always being followed by spirits and shrouded in mysticism

But the show is really educational. It's a lot of fun. It's an interesting little universe. But it's really odd seeing 'Binchou-tan' placed in these odd predicaments to being put in the fridge to someone's rice-cooker. That's when I found out that 'binchoutan' is used as a flavor enhancer for cooking as well as purfication and keeping food fresh. If you look up some info. on 'binchoutan' you'll find that there are a whole lot of uses for it. One could say it ranks up there with "holistic" uses. I had found a small article written by someone Japanese that pointed out that not many establishments use this type of charcoal for cooking anymore. So it's almost like a dying breed. He mentions that there are very few places where you can find 'binchoutan' being used for such things. Especially, chargrill cooking. So the point of this show was also to promote the many uses of 'binchoutan'.

Really, enjoying this show. It's not tons '"moe-moe" goodness.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."

Last edited by chrno; 2006-03-09 at 09:23. Reason: to place real post in place of duplicate.
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 19:27   Link #94
Dan_attacker

Yeah, pretty good series. Just waiting for the next episode on fansub...
Dan_attacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 20:10   Link #95
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_attacker
Yeah, pretty good series. Just waiting for the next episode on fansub...
Well, episode 6 just came out today...might want to give them a few days.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 20:19   Link #96
Dan_attacker

OMG, I should have looked at your other post, I was waiting for episode 4 and I came here wondering what was going on! I'm gonna watch me some Binchou-tan tonight!
Dan_attacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 19:11   Link #97
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Man, binchoutan makes me want to punch my LCD.
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 07:27   Link #98
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
I snapped some screen caps of Episode #6 if anyone is interested.

Also, in case anyone missed it, Episodes 4 & 5 have been subbed by AnimeLito. Enjoy.
Thanks Catgirls, for the clips. I wish I was at work right now watching this (Spring break for the college kids where I work, so day off on Friday). 'Chikurin' is sooooo KAWAIIIII~!!!

I'm curious to see what this episode is about. Well, if anyone gets the chance to watch it raw you can always snag blog to get some info. Unless 'AnimeLito' manages to get it out at some point. They had slowed down some. But I was pleased to see some movement on 4 & 5.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-04-22 at 10:20. Reason: Link Expired
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 20:32   Link #99
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Watching episode 05 & 06 right after each over kinda made my head explode in cuteness.. I hope we get more Grandma flash-backs, i just love how happy Bin' was! >.<;;
Old 2006-03-16, 20:26   Link #100
ECFNW

After watching ep.6, I think Ren-tan rivals Bin when it comes to cuteness!
ECFNW is offline   Reply With Quote