AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2005-12-18, 19:19   Link #1
NeoSam

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time)

時をかける少女

A movie.

Kadokawa's site for the movie:
www.kadokawa.co.jp/tokikake/

Originally a juvenile novel.

In 1972 it got a shounen(boy's) drama series.

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
With scant details available, it's been revealed Yasutaka Tsutsui's 1972 juvenile sci-fi novel Toki Wo Kakeru Shoujo (The Girl Who Conquered Time) will be adapted to animation in 2006. The work has a long and interesting history of past adaptation to live action, although this will be the first animation. Just after the original book's debut, NHK made the plot the basis of the first shonen drama series on it's network in 1972. A live action movie version directed by Nobuhiko Obayashi and staring Tomoyo Harada became a big hit in 1983. Various dramas and films followed through 2002 when TBS produced the last adaptation, a made for TV movie. J-Pop Idol Namie Amuro has a credit in a 1994 live action version. Kadokawa Shoten released a manga illustrated by Tsuga Nogaku in 2004.
A Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo manga started serializing in the shounen manga magazine Shounen Ace.
There are 2 volumes released of this manga (its finished).
Here are the covers:

Shounen manga
Mangaka: Gaku Tsugano (also the mangaka of the second Suzumiya Haruhi manga)

A new manga called Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo TOKIKAKE started on 26/4/2006 in the shounen manga magazine Shounen Ace.
Here's the cover of the manga:

Shounen manga
Mangaka: Kanori Ranmaru

From AnimeNfo:

Quote:
Yoshiyama Kazuko is in the 3rd grade of junior high. One day, she’s cleaning in the laboratory, she notices of the smell of lavender, and fainted. Since then, she acquires a mysterious power to travel time.

* “Toki wo Kakeru Shojo” is a juvenile novel written by Tsutsui Yasutaka. It became TV drama, movie, and Manga several times
Genre: Shounen, Adventure, Drama, Romance, Science-Fiction

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-07-14 at 18:03.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 07:19   Link #2
NeoSam

I added the covers of the old manga (Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo) to the post above.

The new manga (Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo TOKIKAKE) that started on 26/4/2006 in Shounen Ace magazine will be the manga version of the movie.
Old 2006-05-23, 07:57   Link #3
bicyclerace

Man, I just love Sadamoto´s artwork. It´s looking great, and I´m really looking forward to it.

Don´t forget to checkout the trailer people:
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/tokikake/i...=info#20060404

Also, It would be great if someone could explain anything from their blogposts..!
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/blog/tokikake/

Thanks!
bicyclerace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 11:05   Link #4
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicyclerace
Man, I just love Sadamoto´s artwork. It´s looking great, and I´m really looking forward to it.

Don´t forget to checkout the trailer people:
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/tokikake/i...=info#20060404
Thanks for the trailer link

Yeah, it does look great. now I'm looking forward for this even more
Old 2006-05-23, 15:05   Link #5
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Ah, so this is what that is. I keep seeing this in Newtype JP. The trailer looks very promising indeed. I like the character designs. I'm getting a sort of Earth Girl Arjuna vibe off of it and maybe a little Mimi Wo Sumaseba especially in the little details like the ladybird and the the wooden clock/chimes.

Madhouse seem to be pretty busy at the moment with this, Kiba, Yume Tsukai, Black Lagoon and others...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 18:02   Link #6
NeoSam

I added the cover of the new shounen manga to the first post :P (it will be released on 26/7/2006)
Old 2006-07-24, 11:22   Link #7
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Just saw the movie that just came out last saturday.
I didn't know about the manga, but let me tell you it's awesome. Perfect sets, cute heroin, great plot, great music, and of course good animation and good voices. I'm not sure this would never be licenced for a theater release in Europe or the US but why not in DVD?

Right now I feel like reading the novel.

Everyone in Japan, don't even hesitate to have a look at it, this is more than "juvenile", it's moving and funny, nostalgic in a way. Ok, I loved it. I guess it's because I had a real shitty day I wish I could take back.
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 17:47   Link #8
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
It was published in France under the title "La Traversée du Temps" (roughly translated as "Cross through Time"), I had the novel from my school when I was ten. I fucking enjoyed it, the ending was kind of bittersweet.
I learnt about its adaptation as animated movie just today, but I didn't know it was that until I saw the name of the author of the original work and figured out I had the book in my belongings all along.

I am so wanting to watch it. Time travel being one of my favorite themes in the science-fiction genre.

So I am hoping that the french import the movie in their ground because of the past publishing of the book here.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 01:28   Link #9
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
I checked that after posting. Now I remember my college teacher quoting Tsutsui in a lecture. I'll definitely read it when i have the chance.

And as I said, this is a really good movie, you won't regret it. I'm just wondering if it hasn't been a bit "simplified" to fit in 100 mins format.
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 21:41   Link #10
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

I read that this got 4.7 out of 5 so it must be good. Gedo Senki on the other hand only got 3.2 or something like that (I remember it getting an average point).
You can find a summary for the movie here: http://www.designchronicle.com/memen...mpression.html

Does anyone know when the DVD is coming out?

Last edited by Haohmaru; 2006-08-11 at 16:59.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 11:16   Link #11
Scab
Saizen
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
Does anyone know when the DVD is coming out?
April 20.

We (Saizen) are going to sub it.
Scab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 16:32   Link #12
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I have the novella. It's good. It's fairly short, and the Japanese is pretty easy. The story was atmospheric and interesting. It's no wonder it has been adapted so many times. I'm looking forward to seeing it animated. I haven't seen the live-action movie, but it's around.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 20:07   Link #13
Rion
Ramune~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scab View Post
We (Saizen) are going to sub it.
I love you.

Now where can I get my hands on the novel in a language I can read, hmm... (Oh, Amazon.fr has the french version... arr, but shipping is so costly.)
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 07:12   Link #14
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I stumble upon this anime when i was browsing about for information on Okami and found out it won the 2006 Japan Media Arts Festival award for the animation category. No idea how acclaim this award is but it beats anime like

a) GITS SAC: Solid State Society
b) Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
c) Mushishi

so it must be something to watch for.

Japan Media Arts Festival 2006 Award website
http://plaza.bunka.go.jp/english/fes...hin/index.html
Old 2007-04-10, 15:13   Link #15
charizardpal
灼眼の

April 20th?! Wow that's only 10 days from now! (I know that it'll take a while to sub it after it's released, but even so....) Let the countdown begin!

「心でなくちゃ、よく見えない。もののなかみは、目では見えない、ってこと。」
charizardpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 15:31   Link #16
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Yeah, I know. I hope Saizen subs it fast. Can't believe how long I've waited for this to come out.
Old 2007-04-21, 18:09   Link #17
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Well the raw has been out in tokyo (*Hint, Hint*). Anyway, anyone got a chance to watch it? I downloaded it just because I'm really curious and exited to watch this. I won't watch the whole thing, I'll probably just skim through it.

Anyone know who's subbing this besides Saizen?

Last edited by Haohmaru; 2007-04-21 at 18:21.
Old 2007-04-22, 02:55   Link #18
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
Well the raw has been out in tokyo (*Hint, Hint*). Anyway, anyone got a chance to watch it? I downloaded it just because I'm really curious and exited to watch this. I won't watch the whole thing, I'll probably just skim through it.
I decided not to get that because I'm running low on drive space. So I hope Saizen will keep the AC3.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 03:07   Link #19
stpehen
kisses for all

I've read plenty of rave reviews about this movie on Japanese blogs. Lots of voices saying it was the best anime of 2006.
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 04:20   Link #20
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

It is the best anime movie of 2006 in my humble opinion. I give it a 9.6 out of 10 awesome anime points.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote