AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-09-22, 07:08   Link #321
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Just read some more of Imouto Lyz background.

Spoiler for Imouto's background:

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 08:06   Link #322
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

What! I JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND AGE'S TWISTED MIND!!!

Finally decided that gonna change that fact in mine Muv-Luv fic (but have to read more of this).
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 08:43   Link #323
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Just read some more of Imouto Lyz background.

Spoiler for Imouto's background:
Oh man. I so wish I knew enough moonrunes to read this on my own; I do have that side-story, but I never read it in detail because of that, and unlike with Sylwia, the art is very non-indicative of what has happened. That said, Axmann did act like a complete ass in the beginning from my limited understanding, and I wondered what was with that...and now we know.

Spoiler for DRAMA:

@Fire
Welcome to Communist block. The really scary part is that while it's somewhat exaggerated, it's not entirely baseless in real life. Stasi really was composed of the most fucked-up and ruthless people in the entire country. And they *loved* ruining people's lives for shit and giggles.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 09:03   Link #324
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Spoiler for DRAMA:
Theodore managed to join the army after getting tortured, though I'm not sure of the events leading to that since I haven't read that part. The NVA and Stasi are political rivals, so they couldn't really touch him without an excuse. That's why they had to send Lyz in to get Irisdine.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2013-09-22, 09:05   Link #325
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Yeah, I understand that.

My point is though, they already had him. If they really wanted to be evil, all they had to do was to let Beatrix into his cell, and let nature run its course.

They did it Liz with, why wouldn't they do it to Theodore?
...Unless of course, we just don't have that part of the story yet. Or because it was *that* horrible.
Old 2013-09-22, 09:11   Link #326
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

One theory I have (based off several spy stories again) is that its an organization, without compartmentalized cells. So with Imouto already undergoing training, if they took in Theodore as well, there would be a risk of them meeting, thus spoiling the plan to use Lyz. They probably let him run loose to have a hold on Lyz. Not to mention that if Oni-chan knew Lyz was in with the Stasi, he would know who screwed him over as well, since he always thought she was dead.

Old 2013-09-22, 09:12   Link #327
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
They did it Liz with, why wouldn't they do it to Theodore?
- Because they need Theodore for something. Something he wouldn't be able to do if he was already turned like Liz was. I haven't read much of Schwarzemarken to make a guess, but it would have to be something that would be at the very least predictable for Theodore to do, something he would not be able to do if he was already broken by the Stasi.

The question is what.

...or maybe Theodore is some sort of Manchurian Candidate.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 09:20   Link #328
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

@Grev

Fair point.

Of course, you could always use the argument that this knowledge could be used to break him further ("Your sister is alive, and working with us, and we can do anything to her., so keep quiet and do what we say"). He doesn't have to be work directly with Stasi - they had a huge army of informants, and they could use Liz as a leash for Theodore, while keeping Liz unaware of the situation. A bit risky perhaps, but workable.

@Wave
That would imply that Stasi would have to manipulate the army extensively to get Theodore where he is today...if they did that, they wouldn't really need Liz to get hard evidence on Irisdina.

Unless this is some kind of reverse-Xanatos speed chess gambit between Stasi leadership. One guy saves Theo, and expects him to go ballistic when he learns the truth; Theo instigates NVA revolt, and in process, a bunch of Stasi/NVA top guys kill each other. The instigator is then able to expand his power, because his rivals are dead.

You can say it's a....*draws glasses* Master plan. *YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHHH*
Old 2013-09-22, 09:45   Link #329
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

The stain of Communism must be burned. Maybe letting the Pact collapsed is not a bad idea after all!

(But then I wouldn't have my favorite Mig and Su. Just imagine Makabe in a crimson custom Mig-31. The Red Comet. Shirogane could be the White Shooting Star, too.)

Seriously, I don't understand you European! You're the start of many things, but also the end of a lot other.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 10:21   Link #330
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Because they need Theodore for something. Something he wouldn't be able to do if he was already turned like Liz was. I haven't read much of Schwarzemarken to make a guess, but it would have to be something that would be at the very least predictable for Theodore to do, something he would not be able to do if he was already broken by the Stasi.

The question is what.

...or maybe Theodore is some sort of Manchurian Candidate.
(that movie was on last night)
maybe they hyprotized him or used some kind of subliminal message on him to have him do something when certine conditions are met. (something Russia did to Adam West in family guy.)

Quote:
The stain of Communism must be burned. Maybe letting the Pact collapsed is not a bad idea after all!
I beleave this calls for something called ....... I bealeave political purge.
Old 2013-09-23, 05:03   Link #331
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
You can say it's a....*draws glasses* Master plan. *YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHHH*
- And to maximize the effect: "Theodore...I am your father..."

Yeah, I went there... Seriously, though...that might even be plausible...

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-09-23 at 07:05.
Old 2013-09-23, 13:44   Link #332
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
- And to maximize the effect: "Theodore...I am your father..."

Yeah, I went there... Seriously, though...that might even be plausible...
I was waiting for Walter or what ever his name is to go. Theo ....... I am.... your father.
Old 2013-09-23, 19:09   Link #333
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Welp, so much for my hopes of Beatrix getting out of this alive.

Because as evil as she is (I heard she "rapes" Pham once), she's just too damn...good, to put it in a way.

I really wish CARNELIAN makes an artbook exclusively for the Schwarzesmarken girls, 30 pages for each.
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 09:15   Link #334
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServantOfPriss View Post
Welp, so much for my hopes of Beatrix getting out of this alive.

Because as evil as she is (I heard she "rapes" Pham once), she's just too damn...good, to put it in a way.
- "And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground."

I'd imagine that...if the writer of Schwarze did more research, I could imagine Irisdina making this quote in comment on the Stasi...
Old 2013-09-24, 23:18   Link #335
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
- "And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground."

I'd imagine that...if the writer of Schwarze did more research, I could imagine Irisdina making this quote in comment on the Stasi...
y do I suddenly think of this song after reading that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA
Old 2013-10-01, 05:30   Link #336
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

So, this was posted on YouTube today:

Basically, Schwarzesmarken VN preview.

And yes, everyone is speaking entirely in German. I can't really say how accurate it is, but it sounds quite fluent. I'm kinda not really sure about the voice that's supposed to be Irisdina; she sounds way too young for me, especially when compared to Katia.

Too bad we don't get to hear Beatrix, but then again, universe might have ended if we did that.

Anyway, my hype. It is on. Things are looking up this time.
Old 2013-10-01, 08:16   Link #337
Sumeragi
Banned

I need to fund this.

Irisdine and Lyz..... their voices are perfect.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 09:00   Link #338
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
So, this was posted on YouTube today:

And yes, everyone is speaking entirely in German. I can't really say how accurate it is, but it sounds quite fluent. I'm kinda not really sure about the voice that's supposed to be Irisdina; she sounds way too young for me, especially when compared to Katia.

Too bad we don't get to hear Beatrix, but then again, universe might have ended if we did that.

Anyway, my hype. It is on. Things are looking up this time.
All this Ostalgie...

Those are genuine Germans. Look at the credits. Irisdina is voiced by an...Irisdina.

This must be made into a VN, or an anime, and have Ai Orikasa as Beatrix.
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 10:17   Link #339
Mazryonh

Quote:

And yes, everyone is speaking entirely in German. I can't really say how accurate it is, but it sounds quite fluent. Anyway, my hype. It is on. Things are looking up this time.
I wonder if anyone "in the know" here can confirm whether this German is period-accurate to East Germany in the 1980s. It's not usual for the Japanese to go "whole-hog" on this sort of thing. Still, it's no guarantee that the whole VN will be like this.

Quote:
All this Ostalgie...

Those are genuine Germans. Look at the credits. Irisdina is voiced by an...Irisdina.
Actually, Irisdina's German voice actress' first name is just listed as "Iris" in this video.

And frankly, this does put a bit of a damper on my hopes. Given the expense of outsourcing voice recording to a German studio, it's likely that this VN will just be a kinetic novel retelling of the novels with more CG art and voiced dialogue (to cut down on the expense of voicing different routes).

I was also hoping that this would be an 18+ visual novel (Carnelian's specialty). If indeed this is going to be entirely recorded in German, there goes that possibility, since I doubt that the Germans have an equivalent to how Japanese seiyuus can make (censored) noises for eroges/H-OVAs (albeit under pseudonyms) and still have a respectable day job.

Quote:
I would have preferred someone like Hitomi Nabatame or Ryouko Tanaka myself, since both are quite capable of voicing "femme-fatale" characters with deep voices very well and have had plenty of experience making (censored) noises for 18+ media. If it's not going to be 18+, someone like Sayaka Ohara or Atsuko Tanaka could work great.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 11:04   Link #340
faiz blaster

Quote:
All this Ostalgie...

Why her? I know some of her works and while she is good I can't see how she would fit for Beatrix.