AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-04-19, 03:40   Link #1301
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Hidan no Aria AA :facepalm: No wonder so many hate fan-service these days
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 05:15   Link #1302
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
No wonder so many hate fan-service these days
I think it's kind of obvious that the ones who lash out against fanservice at every single opportunity only constitute a vocal minority. While the silent majority actually likes fanservice, enjoys it, and demands it. or, in the least case, isn't really bothered by it.
That's the only assertion that makes sense. Otherwise, fanservice wouldn't even exist in the first place, or... it certainly wouldn't be as widespread as it is.
Old 2011-04-19, 06:28   Link #1303
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
This line... This line alone... Where have I seen someone else like this before...?
Touma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nera Sleith View Post
Reading the wikipedia it appears so. With a new system.

Spoiler for HnA AA Synopsis:
Railgun?

Index and Railgun were just too successful.
Old 2011-04-19, 06:41   Link #1304
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Episode 1:

Did not enjoy this. Feels like I've seen all of this before, right down to the dialogue. I'll watch one or two more to see if it has anything else to offer though.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 07:15   Link #1305
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
I think it's kind of obvious that the ones who lash out against fanservice at every single opportunity only constitute a vocal minority. While the silent majority actually likes fanservice, enjoys it, and demands it. or, in the least case, isn't really bothered by it.
That's the only assertion that makes sense. Otherwise, fanservice wouldn't even exist in the first place, or... it certainly wouldn't be as widespread as it is.
My complaint is that as with Railgun, they created a spin-off for fan-service, and nothing else (speculating for AA)... as for being few dunno, they give me the opposite impression, but certainly they are vocal
Old 2011-04-19, 08:02   Link #1306
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

So I saw Kugyu was a VA, voicing her typical typical role. I'm rather iffy with this series, ESPECIALLY with a harem hero like that. On the other hand, the promise of guns might make it feel better.

Aria has 1 episode to convince me, or at least keep me interested enough to put off until the next episode.
Old 2011-04-19, 08:14   Link #1307
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
My complaint is that as with Railgun, they created a spin-off for fan-service, and nothing else (speculating for AA)...
actually, I quite enjoyed Railgun. more than, say... Index ->II<-. (exception made for the 'Remnant arc' and a couple of other episodes)

Quote:
as for being few dunno, they give me the opposite impression, but certainly they are vocal
if they are vocal, then it follows that they are few. or, that they fear of being few, and therefore they feel the need to be loud to get their point across.
but, whichever the case may be, the former is the most likely to happen.
Old 2011-04-19, 10:19   Link #1308
tsunade666

Quote:
My complaint is that as with Railgun, they created a spin-off for fan-service, and nothing else (speculating for AA)... as for being few dunno, they give me the opposite impression, but certainly they are vocal
Well Railgun is Railgun and AA is AA and AA is more like the story of a new girl creating her own team.

Spoiler for AA:

I didn't like much railgun anime but the manga is nice -_-

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Touma?
Touma punch girls. he is not like kinji a bit because no matter what he would never lay his hands on a girl. His more like Sanji than Touma.
Old 2011-04-19, 10:55   Link #1309
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Touma punch girls. he is not like kinji a bit because no matter what he would never lay his hands on a girl. His more like Sanji than Touma.

Yet Sanji turns into brain-dead bafoon around the girls, while Kinji into handsome flirt who is more than capable beating others around.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 11:12   Link #1310
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

No why... after the epicness that was Taiga & Ryuji... we get our seiyu reunited... and this is what we get?

I really hope this show gets better...
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 11:29   Link #1311
tsunade666

oh this show is better. It at least had a good characters and story for the characters than the other story I know.
Old 2011-04-19, 13:14   Link #1312
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nera Sleith View Post
Reading the wikipedia it appears so. With a new system.

Spoiler for HnA AA Synopsis:
I don't know... Railgun is a side story that runs parallel to Index, but it sounds to me that AA is more like an AU rather than a Side story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
So I saw Kugyu was a VA, voicing her typical typical role. I'm rather iffy with this series, ESPECIALLY with a harem hero like that. On the other hand, the promise of guns might make it feel better.

Aria has 1 episode to convince me, or at least keep me interested enough to put off until the next episode.
Come for the girls, stay for the guns.

I know you kha, there's no way you could pass up such a delicious world

Quote:
Like I've said... That one line... That one line alone...

Quote:
First is that I will protect girls no matter what. Whenever a girl has problems or is in a pinch, I find myself wanting to use this power to help her.
So what would happen if he's force to save a girl, but the only way to do that is to fight a girl?

Would he explode?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 13:39   Link #1313
tsunade666

Quote:
So what would happen if he's force to save a girl, but the only way to do that is to fight a girl?

Would he explode?
Restriction and binding or get the girl lost consciousness or even lost the will to fight or make the girl retreat.

The Hysteria Savant Syndrome prohibits the user to hit a girl no matter what. As long one is a member of Tohyama bloodline. They are restricted to never hit a girl to severely or treat them bad or just hitting them is impossible at all. Plus

Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-19, 17:45   Link #1314
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
actually, I quite enjoyed Railgun. more than, say... Index ->II<-. (exception made for the 'Remnant arc' and a couple of other episodes)
Quote:
Well Railgun is Railgun and AA is AA and AA is more like the story of a new girl creating her own team.

Spoiler for AA:

I didn't like much railgun anime but the manga is nice -_-

EDIT: Touma punch girls. he is not like kinji a bit because no matter what he would never lay his hands on a girl. His more like Sanji than Touma.
The thing is that they share the concept, of removing the main character and focus on moe, not even fan-service, just moe... and the side effect is any sense of plot, storytelling, character development is completely lost.

Anyway, with Aria I get the feeling that this problem will be prevalent from the start... I mean her character's lines in the first episode felt like an amagalm from the loli tsundere that Rie has voiced in the past, as for the concept it too damn similar to index... a city hardly accessible by adults, where select youngster behave unrealistically... I really hope I am wrong, but...

Quote:
if they are vocal, then it follows that they are few. or, that they fear of being few, and therefore they feel the need to be loud to get their point across.
but, whichever the case may be, the former is the most likely to happen.
Not really, for examples christians and muslims are both vocal and numerous Being vocal IMHO has more to do with how much you are compelled to set others to the proper path (from your perspective), which applies to fan-service haters, as well as other delusional and phobic deviants, whether they are numerous or not
Old 2011-04-19, 18:44   Link #1315
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Man, when's the next ep going to come around. I swear we've had every topic dished out, with some coming back around again

Quote:
Anyway, with Aria I get the feeling that this problem will be prevalent from the start... I mean her character's lines in the first episode felt like an amagalm from the loli tsundere that Rie has voiced in the past,
Hmm, that's something I brought up earlier, where I wondered if the author created the character with Kugumiya in mind, which in my opinion, has a major drawback, where if one were to do so, it will be a question of Kugumiya's works, and not her voice. Which is why it seems like we've seen this kind of girl before.

I must be one of the few who don't seem the least bit phased by it, though. And that's probably because... I want more Rizelmine

Quote:
as for the concept it too damn similar to index... a city hardly accessible by adults, where select youngster behave unrealistically... I really hope I am wrong, but...
Not just a city, but The Island. .....okay, I get it, not many people know about the Michael Bay movie, and while the concept is different, it's still... an island, a place only the chosen few can be an innocent civilian's insurance policy like a human shield
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 18:50   Link #1316
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Man, when's the next ep going to come around. I swear we've had every topic dished out, with some coming back around again
It is a thursday airing show.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 19:12   Link #1317
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Come for the girls, stay for the guns.

I know you kha, there's no way you could pass up such a delicious world
There's one thing you've forgotten. I only stay longer if the world is worth corrupting.

*sees the infested realms of Toaru, Strike Witches, Negi, Nanoha and Dog Days*

Old 2011-04-19, 19:12   Link #1318
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yeah, I remembered that Apr 14th rescheduled date, but I just find it hard to believe we've managed this much for one ep, it being the first ep no less

I mean we've talked about Shirayuki's underwear (yum), we've talked about Aria's hair color, Kinji's knife, the poor Segways, heck now I see myself talking about the Island lol.

But there's one thing I forgot to mention: with bullet proof clothes like that, must be one hell of a dry cleaning bill
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 19:51   Link #1319
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yikes... Every single topic imaginable has been discussed with 2 days left to spare on the second episode? *imagines this thread when episode 2 rolls out*
Old 2011-04-19, 20:26   Link #1320
tsunade666

I just wish by the time episode 2 shows up it wouldn't end like the first episode that takes around almost 400 post to cool down even though it's fun once in a while but a never ending loop is kinda boring.

So we are now talking about the bullet proof cloth. The cloth is bullet proof but the uniform too is needed to be as light and easy to use to not hinder the battle capabilities of the wearer. And getting back to washing......... it still a cloth right? so what's the trouble of washing it. I didn't get much the point of the trouble on washing it but I wonder. If Shirayuki was even waking up early just to create breakfast for Kinji. Will she also wash his clothes?

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere