AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-03-06, 10:02   Link #181
astranagun

Can someone please tell me if there are additional costumes in the regular edition of Persona 3???
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 13:23   Link #182
Z3120

Quote:
More than just an expansion - Persona 3 FES contains an enhanced version of the original game, loaded with additional new quests and events, Personas, cutscenes, a weapon synthesis system, the ability to change your characters' clothes, and a hard play mode.
- Taken from Gamestop.
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 20:15   Link #183
JCMS

I can't wait for FES to come. This is easily one of my alltime favorite game.
JCMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 16:04   Link #184
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Ok I just impulse bought this game. (not FES) I noticed this game is pretty visual novelish. Any advice or walktrough how to get either Yukari or Mitsuru and when I get them what are the choises to make em happy? And is maximizing the Charm, itellegence and courage stats hard? Or if I just do something everytime it's enough?
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 16:30   Link #185
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Ok I just impulse bought this game. (not FES) I noticed this game is pretty visual novelish. Any advice or walktrough how to get either Yukari or Mitsuru and when I get them what are the choises to make em happy? And is maximizing the Charm, itellegence and courage stats hard? Or if I just do something everytime it's enough?
Well if you just got the game than You shouldn't worry about Yukari and Mitsuru cause Yukari will be avalible sometime in July and Misturu in November. Now there are lots of things you can do to increase them like studying every night will increase your intellegence and going to some cafe in the game will increase your charm. You just gotta remember, when you go to places like the cafe or a resturant to increase them, they can take up the whole afternoon, thus taking time away from haning out with some friends. I would go to gamefaqs.com to get the full guide on social links, esp. if your planning to max all of them in the first try.
Old 2008-03-31, 16:33   Link #186
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
Well if you just got the game than You shouldn't worry about Yukari and Mitsuru cause Yukari will be avalible sometime in July and Misturu in November. Now there are lots of things you can do to increase them like studying every night will increase your intellegence and going to some cafe in the game will increase your charm. You just gotta remember, when you go to places like the cafe or a resturant to increase them, they can take up the whole afternoon, thus taking time away from haning out with some friends. I would go to gamefaqs.com to get the full guide on social links, esp. if your planning to max all of them in the first try.
Yeah just found the the guide. I was looking in the walktrough section. >_> Just wondering anyone know if the lvling the day before full moon they won't get tired work with the pal version?

edit: The guide about social links says something about bringing matching social links what does that mean? I mean you are not in battle or anything right?

Last edited by 2H-Dragon; 2008-03-31 at 16:44.
Old 2008-03-31, 16:48   Link #187
Z3120

Quote:
edit: The guide about social links says something about bringing matching social links what does that mean? I mean you are not in battle or anything right?
Doing this from memory so forgive me if it's incorrect, lol

Like Mitsuru for example is from the Empress class, so when you go out with Mitsuru bring a persona from the Empress class along with you in your possession because if you do, you'll add bonus points to the hidden indicator in the game to raise the social link faster.
Old 2008-04-01, 08:28   Link #188
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Ok one last questions. It seems with the guide you can max out the social links, but doesn't that mean you're a man whore? Or are you only dating one and the rest are friends? o_O
Old 2008-04-01, 14:12   Link #189
Z3120

Quote:
Ok one last questions. It seems with the guide you can max out the social links, but doesn't that mean you're a man whore? Or are you only dating one and the rest are friends? o_O
You're a man wh0re!

Basically, unless they fix it in FES, you can max a social link with one girl first and then move on with another girl without worrying about any penalties to the social link you just completed. The only time I can recall where your social link would worsen is when you finally get into a relationship with multiple girls at the same time. Your social links will decrease I think, and you'll get mad/jealous girls (Mitsuru ) if you're going out with multiple girls at one time. I said "get into the relationship" because you have to raise the social link to a few levels before it's an official thing.
Old 2008-04-01, 15:34   Link #190
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3120 View Post
You're a man wh0re!

Basically, unless they fix it in FES, you can max a social link with one girl first and then move on with another girl without worrying about any penalties to the social link you just completed. The only time I can recall where your social link would worsen is when you finally get into a relationship with multiple girls at the same time. Your social links will decrease I think, and you'll get mad/jealous girls (Mitsuru ) if you're going out with multiple girls at one time. I said "get into the relationship" because you have to raise the social link to a few levels before it's an official thing.
Ok so basically making someone your girlfriend is unrelated to the social link? Since you can raise the social link without making them your gf?

It's kinda relief and a disapointment at the same time. o_O
Old 2008-04-01, 15:45   Link #191
Don_Don_Kun
Custom User Title

Quote:
Ok so basically making someone your girlfriend is unrelated to the social link? Since you can raise the social link without making them your gf?

It's kinda relief and a disapointment at the same time. o_O
well, not quite. Basically dating is a specific type of social link. They level up just like the regular social links, but after they reach a certain level (which is different for each girl) the game tells you "that your relationship is now more intimate and that the girl might get mad if you go out with another girl". Basically the social link will go in reverse quicker if you see any other girl (even if she isn't at the "girlfriend " level yet).

so yes, dating in P3 and soon FES is basically just another form of social links.
Don_Don_Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 16:00   Link #192
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Don_Kun View Post
well, not quite. Basically dating is a specific type of social link. They level up just like the regular social links, but after they reach a certain level (which is different for each girl) the game tells you "that your relationship is now more intimate and that the girl might get mad if you go out with another girl". Basically the social link will go in reverse quicker if you see any other girl (even if she isn't at the "girlfriend " level yet).

so yes, dating in P3 and soon FES is basically just another form of social links.
So what's the ideal situation. To make one a girlfriend or to take none at all? How is it possible to max out all the social links if they get jelous?
Old 2008-04-01, 16:17   Link #193
Don_Don_Kun
Custom User Title

Quote:
So what's the ideal situation. To make one a girlfriend or to take none at all? How is it possible to max out all the social links if they get jelous?
its pretty complicated once you really get a few months into the game (and more importantly, a few girls ). After you see a girl, or anyone for that matter, theres a certain amount of time (approximately 2 months) before their S. Link goes into reverse. If you meet up with that person again, that time resets.

Dating on the other hand is quite a bit harder to manage. First of all, i believe that the time before a girl's S. link goes into reverse is half of that of the other links (so about 1 month). Going out with another girl decreases that time by about 10 days (not quite sure if thats the exact amount). So when you're dating girls (in real life and in the game) make sure to see them once in a while so they don't feel neglected.

managing your S. links is really difficult and is ultimately what makes P3 a great dating sim-RPG.

Last edited by Don_Don_Kun; 2008-04-01 at 16:47.
Don_Don_Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 05:17   Link #194
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Don_Kun View Post
its pretty complicated once you really get a few months into the game (and more importantly, a few girls ). After you see a girl, or anyone for that matter, theres a certain amount of time (approximately 2 months) before their S. Link goes into reverse. If you meet up with that person again, that time resets.

Dating on the other hand is quite a bit harder to manage. First of all, i believe that the time before a girl's S. link goes into reverse is half of that of the other links (so about 1 month). Going out with another girl decreases that time by about 10 days (not quite sure if thats the exact amount). So when you're dating girls (in real life and in the game) make sure to see them once in a while so they don't feel neglected.

managing your S. links is really difficult and is ultimately what makes P3 a great dating sim-RPG.
Ok I finnally get it. I think. For the first play trough to make Yukari the #1 girl!
Old 2008-04-14, 13:41   Link #195
astranagun

Something interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLbpsxTLeGg
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 18:02   Link #196
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astranagun View Post
Old. It's nice that you brought this up though.

This is my favorite. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tkx2...eature=related

Also, With news of P4, my want for FES has been fading away... And it's coming in about a week.
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 22:37   Link #197
Kagedanji

FES has come... Or at least it will in a few hours. I'm getting it this weekend.
Old 2008-04-22, 07:53   Link #198
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

FES...
You mean FES in English?
Or FES is still in Japanese?
Mmm... is there any change if we can max all of the social link at the end of the game?
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 09:34   Link #199
Dove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
FES...
You mean FES in English?
Or FES is still in Japanese?
Mmm... is there any change if we can max all of the social link at the end of the game?
FES in English is coming out, yes.
There are more Persona(50 maybe less I think), but I am unsure as to whether or not a change occurs.

I am doing backflips right now, but you can't see me.
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 16:41   Link #200
Kagedanji

When you max all Social Links in FES, you unlock Orpheus Kai.

Tags
ps2