AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-10-25, 09:04   Link #21
Frontier

I didn't expect this outing for the trio to end in a confrontation with a stone golem gang leader named Megath...but I also didn't expect him to immediately grovel in front of Allen because of his reputation as the Great Demon Lord and a prodigy of his fathers' magic academy. But it was also sweet how Allen was able to vocalize that Charlotte is very precious to him, even if he can't quite put into words WHY she is .

So Eruca and Miacha are gal pals? Cute! Though Allen has bigger things to worry about...like Charlotte going off on her own into town! It's good that she accepted her first proper wages for all she does for Allen, but even I'm skeptical she can make it without help .

But of course this is a romcom, so we can just follow her to make sure she doesn't get into trouble! Which she nearly does because of course she also walks into the bad part of town by complete accident. Although find a guy like Allen who will beat up an entire criminal gang to make them all nice and agreeable to his lady, and then find a lady with such boundless compassion that the thugs then proceed to worship her as a Goddess !

And then Allen proceeds to take down every shady adventurer gang in town and Miacha and Eruca even get in on it when they find one of Miacha's bad customers. And to think this all came about because Charlotte just wanted to go shopping .

Ha! Someone called them out for being an obvious couple. And of course immediately afterwards they act like two awkward lovebirds .

I figured Charlotte went out to get a gift for Allen, but she's such a sweetheart she spent her first paycheck on gifts for Eruca and Miacha too to thank them for all they've done for her! She would've gotten something for Allen too but she just couldn't think of what to get for him...even though he'd accept literal worms or dirt if it was from her. Dude is down bad! But it's the simple things like being willing to mend his robe that mean the most .

Next week: Hot Springs! And...swimsuits ?
Old 2023-10-25, 21:11   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
These two are so cute I might get heartburn from this show .
Old 2023-10-30, 07:33   Link #23
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 06:08.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-30, 12:42   Link #24
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Gal Pals in bikini's .

Eruca looks so weird without her hood on. Also her bikini is more conservative than her normal outfit .
Old 2023-11-01, 09:09   Link #25
Frontier

It's time for the couples' first trip! Because Allen won't rest until he makes a "naughty girl" of Charlotte and lets her enjoy as many pleasures as he can force her into going along with by threatening to kill himself !

I guess it makes sense that being on the road would remind Charlotte of her days as a fugitive, but I'm glad she's managing to enjoy herself despite that .

Find two gal pals like Eruca and Miacha who will come up with a scheme to get you a classy and full-course experience at a hot springs inn just to see your relationship develop. They even slip in as workers at the inn! It's kind of surreal seeing Eruca without her hood on .

An inn with a hot mermaid concierge? Where do I sign up!? And she's an effective saleswoman who manages to not only call out the obvious couple for being a couple but also talking them into going along with the marriage plan they got signed up too !

So this isn't just a hot springs episode but also a pool episode! Complete with swimsuits! And Charlotte looks amazing in that bikini + sarong! And Allen's eyes immediately dart to her exposed cleavage. Now that's a real heartstopper .

I'm glad Charlotte and Allen had a lot of fun poolside. I only wish we'd gotten to see more of Eruca and Miacha in their swimsuits .

And then the pair do get to enjoy the hot springs (complete with Charlotte minus her sarong and with her hair up) and eat some ice cream, complete with Allen's freezing magic! He even treats all the other guests too! What a magnanimous Demon King !

Looks like the pair is set for their zoo date tomorrow! But first they have to survive...sleeping in the same bed! Because you knew that was coming. Although they actually went along with it surprisingly quickly (thanks mermaid girl!). And of course Eruca and Miachca are listening in .

That's nice that Charlotte gets to see her mother in her sleep again thanks to some fairy-derived sheets, and Allen even gets to witness it for himself...and makes everyone in their surrounding sleep because he's too self-conscious sleeping next to her .

The capybara is making his move!? For Charlotte? And voiced by Ryotaro Okiayu !?
Old 2023-11-01, 09:54   Link #26
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I really wanted to like this series but the blushing middle school crush vibe is killing me.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-01, 19:50   Link #27
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

RIP Allen! To be fair Charlotte in a swimsuit was a gorgeous sight. I was a bit worried they'd cheap out with something really tame as a counter punch for his expectations. But it was perfect.

Yeah the romance is pretty childish. But I'm still having fun with it.

Also it's kind of nice seeing Allen most thrown off by people just being genuinely grateful to him. Good guy that deserves some praise now and then.
Old 2023-11-01, 21:00   Link #28
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I really wanted to like this series but the blushing middle school crush vibe is killing me.
The recurring theme is more likely due to first love ideal is endearing for any age. The manga adaption is serialized on the magazine for housewives.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-08, 11:19   Link #29
Frontier

Time for the pairs' next "naughty" excursion...a zoo date! And with threat of Allen killing himself, Charlotte will push him to wear animal headbands with her as they look so cute together !

(Hell) capybara's go hard in this world, huh? Though nothing can stand against Charlotte's enthusiasm when it comes to cute and fluffy animals .

Allen thought he had to use his ability to speak to magical creatures to help bribe them into spending time with Charlotte...but they already all love her and can't get enough of her! She apparently already has an innate ability to tame monsters, which basically turns them into obsessed fans who love her and hate anyone else who gets close to her! Also it basically means she's a Disney princess !

Allen talked about her being able to tame a fenrir and wouldn't you know it the zoo has a fenrir they're having trouble with, and that's not even mentioning his giant mom who is coming to "save" him thinking he's still trapped by poachers. Perfect chance for Allen and Charlotte to team-up to mutually help save the day in their own way. I love how motivated Charlotte is to help and how her "game face" is putting her hair in a ponytail !

Eruca and Miacha are blissfully enjoying themselves poolside still, but Allen forces them to get involved in the plot again. Was nice to see more of them in their swimsuits .

So it was the capybara all along who orchestrated this (well, at least riling up the momma Fenrir and making them all thing Allen was the poacher)! Gosetsu (voiced by Ryotaro Okiayu!) was charmed by Charlotte and has been following her around this whole time! He was even there at the hot springs inn! And he hates that Allen is by her side and that the Neruz Kingdom still stands for the injustices they've done to Charlotte, and he intends to destroy them all in her honor. Even when that's the last thing Charlotte wants .

While Allen can easily subdue the fenrir pups, the colossal mother is another story, and he doesn't want to actually hurt them...luckily Charlotte rides in with her magical creature army and makes peace with everybody, like a true Disney Princess, and the tables turn on Gosetsu. Not only does Charlotte defend her man, but Gosetsu finally understands the depth of Allen's feelings for Charlotte, because he never took off the animal headband !

All's well that ends well...mother and cub are reunited, the mermaid concierge gets more screentime, Eruca and Miacha caught the poachers, and Allen maxed out their defenses so they can safely be chew toys for the fenrir's they were hunting. A fitting end for them, I'd say .
Old 2023-11-15, 11:36   Link #30
Frontier

Allen and Charlotte are heading back home, and they're bringing the fenrir Lu back with them for a homestay! And Gosetsu is following them because of course he is, not that Allen cares for his presence at all. He has enough going on just casually and obliviously flirting with Charlotte as easily as he breathes .

I love how the mermaid concierge is already planning for them to come back for their REAL honeymoon .

There is some blatant difference in treatment between Allen and Charlotte from Lu, but I guess it's no surprise Lu utterly adores Charlotte and wants nothing to do with Allen. Meanwhile Gosetsu keeps needling Allen about losing time with Charlotte and his own feelings for her. Pretty rough, buddy .

It's sweet how earnest Charlotte is about becoming a Beast Tamer and she takes to the role and Allen's instructions well! Not only is she able to command Lu but she even manages to master Beast Conversation and help Lu speak! And she's voiced by Atsumi Tanezaki, who is now in like 6-8 shows this season! Now Lu can threaten Allen to stay away from mommy in words people understand !

At least Charlotte was able to get Lu to properly thank Allen, though Allen's heart is still tight whenever he thinks about Charlotte...and he just thinks it's because of all the times he's threatened it .

I didn't expect Gosetsu to turn into a hot, busty, babe in a tight one-piece swimsuit but I have to appreciate the view !

The mansion's former resident was an eccentric elf who vanished 30 years ago? What luck, she just pops out of the garden and greets them! Meet Dorothea, voiced by Rika Nagae, who is also an acclaimed author. And what would an acclaimed author want from Charlotte and Allen to justify letting them stay at her mansion? Why, watching them be lovey-dovey so she can get material for her novels, of course !

So Dorothea can write everything BUT romance, and it got so bad that she ended up bailing and hiding away in a basement for 30 years just to avoid her editor. That's pretty committed. But now she sees the obvious couple vibes between Charlotte and Allen and she's happy to make them act it out so she can get inspired .
Old 2023-11-15, 19:42   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Credit to the show. Not often that you introduce two annoying additions to the cast in back to back episodes.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of Gosetsu and Lu. And surprisingly having Gosetsu transform into a hot woman didn't make it any better. Gosetsu is just kind of a pain in the rear and I wish the numerous times Allen tells Gosetsu to go back to the zoo that he'd actually enforce it. I'm pretty sure he can beat that thing.

Lu...isn't as bad. Just a spoiled brat. I don't think the kid would be as annoying if Gosetsu didn't also move in at the exact same time. That's just way too much at one time.

Honestly both just seem to be there as roadblocks to stop development between Allen and Charlotte from moving too quickly. At this point leave them alone for too long and they probably would be heading back to that resort for a honey moon.

And of course the show can't possibly stop at 2 new characters...why not add a third! Seriously, was the author under serious pressure to spice things up to avoid cancellation and suddenly threw a bunch of new characters at the wall to see what might stick? This just seems like way too many side characters to throw at the audience all at once.

I'm pretty sure Dorothea doesn't need help. I mean...isn't her editor probably dead or retired at this point?
Old 2023-11-15, 19:54   Link #32
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Credit to the show. Not often that you introduce two annoying additions to the cast in back to back episodes.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of Gosetsu and Lu. And surprisingly having Gosetsu transform into a hot woman didn't make it any better. Gosetsu is just kind of a pain in the rear and I wish the numerous times Allen tells Gosetsu to go back to the zoo that he'd actually enforce it. I'm pretty sure he can beat that thing.

Lu...isn't as bad. Just a spoiled brat. I don't think the kid would be as annoying if Gosetsu didn't also move in at the exact same time. That's just way too much at one time.

Honestly both just seem to be there as roadblocks to stop development between Allen and Charlotte from moving too quickly. At this point leave them alone for too long and they probably would be heading back to that resort for a honey moon.

And of course the show can't possibly stop at 2 new characters...why not add a third! Seriously, was the author under serious pressure to spice things up to avoid cancellation and suddenly threw a bunch of new characters at the wall to see what might stick? This just seems like way too many side characters to throw at the audience all at once.

I'm pretty sure Dorothea doesn't need help. I mean...isn't her editor probably dead or retired at this point?
Honestly I'm growing fonder of Gosetsu for the opposite reason because he's actually directly confronting Allen on his feelings for Charlotte instead of just leaving it alone, so I don't think he's really interfering that much .

Well, we're halfway into the show so it's not unreasonable to introduce new characters in my opinion. Especially when two were already introduced last episode.

Watch her editor turns up next episode having caught wind that she's writing again. The way she described him, it'd makes sense .
Old 2023-11-22, 11:05   Link #33
Frontier

Allen and Charlotte are now Romeo and Juliet! One of the many romance-related skits Dorothea is making them do to help give her writing inspiration! Now if only Allen wasn't using magic to get around princess carrying Charlotte !

The only thing that his harder than a wall to the face is Charlotte saying she doesn't mind flirting with Allen at all !

Playing newlyweds? That's literally what they were doing a few episodes ago! And Charlotte is a natural at it! And of course they had to have her say THE wife line. The only thing that hit harder were the pet names !

Gosetsu looks amazing in that dress. And as a delinquent girl. And as an evil step-mother. Just all the best bad girl roles .

Allen seems to have realized his feelings for Charlotte but feels he can't be honest about them for fear that she would accept them out of gratitude and not because she genuinely returns them...even though she's slowly realizing her own feelings for him .

Cinderella is a classic! Honestly I thought Lu would play the mice but the Fairy Godmother is good too. Also I didn't realize that was Atsumi Tanezaki at first but now I hear Anya .

Perfect excuse for the pair to dance as Cinderlla and the Prince. Allen does make quite the dashing prince after all .

Dang, Allen seemed like he was THIS close to confessing! Maybe! But then who should show up but none other than...Dorothea's editor! Who had been waiting 30 years for her to turn up! And now he's going to toss her into a volcano as payback for not finishing her work! All's well that ends well, right ?

Well, I guess addressing Allen and Charlotte's relationship will have to take a backseat because Charlotte's sister is in danger! Looks like it's finally time to deal with the kingdom !
Old 2023-11-22, 12:50   Link #34
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Liked how they accompanied this episode with a "What is a Youth" ripoff. Fits for a Romeo & Juliet opening.

I hope when Natalia's saved that she suffers at least some consequences, since the first episode made it pretty clear that she's participated in the abuse (as I recall, Charlotte's happiest memory was a time a couple months ago when Natalia "gave" her a half-rotten piece of fruit).
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-22, 13:08   Link #35
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Liked how they accompanied this episode with a "What is a Youth" ripoff. Fits for a Romeo & Juliet opening.

I hope when Natalia's saved that she suffers at least some consequences, since the first episode made it pretty clear that she's participated in the abuse (as I recall, Charlotte's happiest memory was a time a couple months ago when Natalia "gave" her a half-rotten piece of fruit).
I assume Natalia was who helped Charlotte escape prison, though she did feel bad for leaving her.
Old 2023-11-29, 10:59   Link #36
Frontier

Jeez, even the other maids bullied Charlotte! The only person who acknowledged and treated her kindly was her little sister Natalia, who always saw Charlotte as her big sister. At least there was one happy thing in Charlotte's old life .

I didn't know they had a huge boat! Perfect for traveling to the magic academy! Which is more like a magic academy island !

So Allen dropped out and got into a big fight with his dad that almost destroyed the island. Typical magic family problems .

Oh snap, the Crawford dad is voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa! And he's already accepting Charlotte as his future daughter-in-law! And also Eruca's bouncing boobs !

Of course Eruca would tell their family that Allen and Charlotte are lovers. Because any excuse to make these two act like the couple they already are, right? And they really do work so well together that Charlotte can even read Allen's crazy attempt at a wink .

Oh snap! It's Akari Kito as their mom Lieselotte! And she's cute as a button! I'm not surprised the dad is in a rush to have his son take over so he can get busy with his wife again .

I love how the eyecatch is Allen and Charlotte recreating Titanic and Charlotte and Eruca visiting the crater of Allens' fight with his dad .

Charlotte's sister went to the magic academy to escape her family drama but has become a powerful mage and top boss at the academy. She may be a bit of a bad girl, but she cares about her subordinates at least! But maybe they can help tone her down a little. And Charlotte can properly reconnect with her little sis !

Of course they weren't going to get out of this without having to sleep in the same bed again! At his parents' house, no less !

The next episode preview was basically Allen's parents talking to each other before heading straight to bed for some REALLY "naught things" .
Old 2023-11-29, 14:37   Link #37
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, clearly I was wrong about Natalia. I kind of wonder whether the author intended this from the start however, since it seems a little odd with such a loving little sister for her happiest recent memory to be said sister giving her fruit that'd gone bad. Even Allen's reaction seemed to fit with the little sister being one of those arrogant high-and-mighty stepsisters you see so often in fantasy and fairy tales, the sort that would think herself so generous to give rotten fruit to her lowly bastard sister rather than throwing it out. Still, whether the author initially intended this to be the case or not, it's clear that they changed their mind. Now she's just a sweet little girl. And my guess would be a lot of the viciousness she has now is venting her anger/frustration over her parents' actions. Wouldn't even be surprised if she was already secretly like that back home but pretended both because she wants to remain the cute, sweet little sister in front of her dear "Nee-Sama" and because she didn't want her parents to know what she knows or how she feels about it. Once Charlotte was no longer in the picture however, she no longer had any reason to fool her parents and left. At least that's my guess.
Old 2023-11-29, 21:17   Link #38
Frontier

It's funny how a Tomokazu Sugita characters' dad is trying to use his son to get more time with his wife when in Uzaki Sugita voiced the dad who cut his son off so he could spend more time with his wife. Uzaki herself is even in this show .
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Well, clearly I was wrong about Natalia. I kind of wonder whether the author intended this from the start however, since it seems a little odd with such a loving little sister for her happiest recent memory to be said sister giving her fruit that'd gone bad. Even Allen's reaction seemed to fit with the little sister being one of those arrogant high-and-mighty stepsisters you see so often in fantasy and fairy tales, the sort that would think herself so generous to give rotten fruit to her lowly bastard sister rather than throwing it out. Still, whether the author initially intended this to be the case or not, it's clear that they changed their mind. Now she's just a sweet little girl. And my guess would be a lot of the viciousness she has now is venting her anger/frustration over her parents' actions. Wouldn't even be surprised if she was already secretly like that back home but pretended both because she wants to remain the cute, sweet little sister in front of her dear "Nee-Sama" and because she didn't want her parents to know what she knows or how she feels about it. Once Charlotte was no longer in the picture however, she no longer had any reason to fool her parents and left. At least that's my guess.
She probably meant well with the fruit but was also a little kid so ...
Old 2023-11-29, 22:51   Link #39
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Geeze Allen's aun-I mean, mom is one wild card!

I didn't see the Natalia thing coming. I suppose it makes sense that she's a bit off the rails with how things played out. She watched her sister getting abused by her family for years and wasn't in any position to do more than get her medicine. Then possibly the only family member she cared for disappeared after being set up (for something I'm sure Natalia didn't think she did) and there was even less reasons to behave herself any longer.

Is hilarious that she's become this faction leader on campus . A decent kid at heart, but clearly venting all the frustrations she couldn't do anything with onto this campus.

Although I'm lost...is there a reason to not let Natalia see her sister while knowing who she is? I mean they aren't exactly in the middle of the Kingdom hunting for Charlotte anyways. This is a school with a bunch of bad ass mages. I'm sure if you can have Natalia meet Charlotte in secret it won't be a big deal.
Old 2023-11-29, 23:16   Link #40
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Geeze Allen's aun-I mean, mom is one wild card!

I didn't see the Natalia thing coming. I suppose it makes sense that she's a bit off the rails with how things played out. She watched her sister getting abused by her family for years and wasn't in any position to do more than get her medicine. Then possibly the only family member she cared for disappeared after being set up (for something I'm sure Natalia didn't think she did) and there was even less reasons to behave herself any longer.

Is hilarious that she's become this faction leader on campus . A decent kid at heart, but clearly venting all the frustrations she couldn't do anything with onto this campus.

Although I'm lost...is there a reason to not let Natalia see her sister while knowing who she is? I mean they aren't exactly in the middle of the Kingdom hunting for Charlotte anyways. This is a school with a bunch of bad ass mages. I'm sure if you can have Natalia meet Charlotte in secret it won't be a big deal.
Problem is she's seven, and she's super close. Hard to expect her to continue to treat Charlotte like just another person at the school after finding out, and that change in behavior might lead to someone catching on.