AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-21, 15:47   Link #561
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgia View Post
Does Rachel Evan Wood resemble any of the characters in anyone's opinion?
Who?

Had to look her up to find out:

.....Well, I guess she may pass for Galatea. Not so much because Rachel's face looks too young, but maybe.
Old 2010-01-21, 22:56   Link #562
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Who?

.....Well, I guess she may pass for Galatea. Not so much because Rachel's face looks too young, but maybe.
You can always ADD AGE to an actress' face. What's harder to do is to take it away!

Is this girl any good at acting in a way we would like Galatea to behave on-screen?

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-01-21, 22:59   Link #563
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
You can always ADD AGE to an actress' face. What's harder to do is to take it away!

Is this girl any good at acting in a way we would like Galatea to behave on-screen?
Hmm good point....I'm still amazed(and kind of disappointed to be honest), how Sigourney Weaver was portrayed in the new Star Trek.
Old 2010-01-21, 23:02   Link #564
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Hmm good point....I'm still amazed(and kind of disappointed to be honest), how Sigourney Weaver was portrayed in the new Star Trek.
On the plus side, you can't complain too much about how she was portrayed in Avatar can you? That reminds me, Sigourney Weaver is roughly around Rafaela's age and Teresa's height. If anyone were to portray Rafaela, they'd need to act really old and look about 25-30. Any candidates? Come on Ryus, I know you've got an opinion!

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
Old 2010-01-21, 23:05   Link #565
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
On the plus side, you can't complain too much about how she was portrayed in Avatar can you? That reminds me, Sigourney Weaver is roughly around Rafaela's age and Teresa's height. If anyone were to portray Rafaela, they'd need to act really old and look about 25-30. Any candidates? Come on Ryus, I know you've got an opinion!
..........Aww shoot, I meant Winona Ryder. For some reason, I always get the two mixed up, alongside Kim Basinger
Old 2010-01-21, 23:06   Link #566
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Who?

Um... Lets compare...

Claymore Galatea, maybe... both look very young (similar eyes shape, nose, and she doesn't have huge lips). Nun Galatea not so much (at least based off this one pic of her), then again that could work out great since she'll naturally age a bit and could look "wiser and older" for a later Nun Galatea role. Plus makeup and a fake scar could really change my sentiment on the issue. Her hair doesn't appear too wavy and could likely be straightened well enough for a day of filming, it will need to be lengthened a bit though. Her jaw in this image looks wider than Galatea's but this could also make her look "less pathetic" in a live action sword fight battle than some super skinny chick. So she could appear less out of place in a battle. That or you just film her with her head slightly angled down too fool the camera. (Is nothing real in Hollywood? )
Old 2010-01-21, 23:15   Link #567
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Um... Lets compare...

Claymore Galatea, maybe... both look very young (similar eyes shape, nose, and she doesn't have huge lips). Nun Galatea not so much (at least based off this one pic of her), then again that could work out great since she'll naturally age a bit and could look "wiser and older" for a later Nun Galatea role. Plus makeup and a fake scar could really change my sentiment on the issue. Her hair doesn't appear too wavy and could likely be straightened well enough for a day of filming, it will need to be lengthened a bit though. Her jaw in this image looks wider than Galatea's but this could also make her look "less pathetic" in a live action sword fight battle than some super skinny chick. So she could appear less out of place in a battle. That or you just film her with her head slightly angled down too fool the camera. (Is nothing real in Hollywood? )
If looks could kill, this lady surely will, but her acting might forever scar me!

Now then, does anyone actually have any evidence of her acting talent? I mean, come on, if she's going to be Galatea, we need proof she could pull it off!

Old 2010-01-21, 23:32   Link #568
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Actually I didn't have one... Nor have I put much thought into it... So I did a quick brainstorm and here is my result for an actress that can act really old, looks about 25-30, a good actress, and a bit "masculine" but still feminine... Katee Sackhoff. So how far off base am I today?

Spoiler for Raphaela Live Action Pic... LOL!:

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-01-21 at 23:45.
Old 2010-01-21, 23:50   Link #569
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
Actually I didn't have one... Nor have I put much thought into it... So I did a quick brainstorm and here is my result for an actress that can act really old, looks about 25-30, a good actress, and a bit "masculine" but still feminine... Katee Sackhoff. So how far off base am I today?

I don't know, how well does Kara Thrace remain silent on Battle Star Galactica? Are you totally sure she could pull off the silent, deadly assassin type personality? I know she can pull off bad-ass, I've just never seen her do the silent type like Rafaela is.

Old 2010-01-22, 00:26   Link #570
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I don't know, how well does Kara Thrace remain silent on Battle Star Galactica? Are you totally sure she could pull off the silent, deadly assassin type personality? I know she can pull off bad-ass, I've just never seen her do the silent type like Rafaela is.
She was a lot more silent moments in Bionic Woman... then in BSG. So she has the potential to do it. However, that role also did have some major "Starbuck" elements, mainly since her role was to play a mentally unstable Bionic Woman... so she had to act crazy every often. Her character was only crazy due to her bionic so she was crazy for different reasons than Starbuck and the role reflected that, to a degree. All in all though I saw the potential for her as an actress to play a more silent type role. So she probably can do the role... rather well. As to Bionic Woman she was the only good thing about the show.

That said she also had some more serious fight scenes in BSG. So if you cut out all the "Starbuck" moments and just go with whats left of her action scenes you have something close to Raphaela. Any good actress could adapt a role they've already kinda done... the main problem with her is she's now cast type as crazy girl. Here take a quick peak at this kinda silent scene from BW... it's kinda like Sarah Connor's introduction in T2 (where she uses the bed frame for pull ups).

Old 2010-01-22, 04:58   Link #571
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
..........Aww shoot, I meant Winona Ryder. For some reason, I always get the two mixed up, alongside Kim Basinger
Well, they do act together on occasion now don't they. Like in Alien reserruction.
Old 2010-01-22, 09:29   Link #572
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Ryder was in the new Star Trek? *goes to IMDB*

Quote:

That would be perfect. Katee Sackhoff could definitely pull it off. She is a good actress and fits the part.
Old 2010-01-26, 20:07   Link #573
williamaugustus
*Author

Quote:

That is too good. OMG!!! rotflmao! unfortunately she will always be starbuck to me. she would fit though
Old 2010-01-29, 10:37   Link #574
Nostalgia
We're so far gone

Send a message via Yahoo to Nostalgia
Starbuck! <3

But as far as Rachel Evan Wood's acting skills go she's pretty good. She hasn't been in too much. I don't think she's been in any action movies so that's hard to judge.
Old 2010-02-11, 14:17   Link #575
Ryus
The One Eyed King

I was watching Farscape and noticed a very minor character with red hair and silvery looking eyes who had the same hair style as Alicia/Beth. So I wanted to see if she indeed did look like Alicia/Beth. So after less then 5 minutes playing with Photoshop this is what I came up with. All I did was very roughly change the hair color, lip color, and the background. Your thoughts?

Just to be through... here is the characters Farscape Wiki page. This is also where I took the image from. The actress name is Imogen Annesley. http://farscape.wikia.com/wiki/Niem

Now, I'm no expert with changing photos with Photoshop... My experience is mostly with making images from scratch (non human or living stuff) and coloring sketches. So if any one wants to do a far better job with making her Alicia/Beth be my guest. I think someone could even take two separate images of the actress, combine them, and then pose the two images together to get the twins Alicia/Beth. However I'd need to learn a lot more with photoshop before I could pull that off.
Old 2010-02-18, 08:39   Link #576
gxy1069

Quote:
I was watching Farscape and noticed a very minor character with red hair and silvery looking eyes who had the same hair style as Alicia/Beth. So I wanted to see if she indeed did look like Alicia/Beth. So after less then 5 minutes playing with Photoshop this is what I came up with. All I did was very roughly change the hair color, lip color, and the background. Your thoughts?

Just to be through... here is the characters Farscape Wiki page. This is also where I took the image from. The actress name is Imogen Annesley. http://farscape.wikia.com/wiki/Niem

Now, I'm no expert with changing photos with Photoshop... My experience is mostly with making images from scratch (non human or living stuff) and coloring sketches. So if any one wants to do a far better job with making her Alicia/Beth be my guest. I think someone could even take two separate images of the actress, combine them, and then pose the two images together to get the twins Alicia/Beth. However I'd need to learn a lot more with photoshop before I could pull that off.
that looks like a...man, this whole live action thing is so wrong. i'd rather they stick to the manga
Old 2010-02-28, 19:45   Link #577
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Lauren Graham for Miria?

She's been in a ton of roles, Gilmore Girls being the most notable. In all of them, she always plays a (motherly) authoritative role, which I think is why she always reminds me of Miria.
Old 2010-02-28, 19:52   Link #578
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:

Lauren Graham for Miria?

She's been in a ton of roles, Gilmore Girls being the most notable. In all of them, she always plays a motherly authoritative role, which I think is why she always reminds me of Miria.

... MIRIA's NOT OLD OR FAT! Plus this women has no action movie experience.

She need to be in her early 20s at the latest!
Old 2010-02-28, 19:59   Link #579
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:

... MIRIA's NOT OLD OR FAT! Plus this women has no action movie experience.

She need to be in her early 20s at the latest!
*blink, no she doesn't. Miria has always come off as someone in her late 20's, at least during the Ghosts era. She definitely, physically, always seemed like the oldest of the bunch and it makes sense that someone older like that would play Miria.

Roflmao, go easy on me Ryus, I always pick older actors . You got me on the zero action experience
Old 2010-02-28, 20:03   Link #580
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
*blink, no she doesn't. Miria has always come off as someone in her late 20's, at least during the Ghosts era. She definitely, physically, always seemed like the oldest of the bunch and it makes sense that someone older like that would play Miria.

Roflmao, go easy on me Ryus, I always pick older actors . You got me on the zero action experience
THE GHOST ERA WAS 7 YEARS LATER... We have to make Slashers arc and Pieta arc first Shieky. Unless your planning on making her younger later.

That actress is well in her late 30's if not 40's.
Closed Thread