AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-06-07, 01:42   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 907 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Well, the previous chapter seemed to indicate that some major secrets will be revealed during the Reverie. Will any of them come to light this chapter? Let's find out! Credit goes to AP's Redon for the info:

-Chapter title is "The Empty Throne". Splash involved Orlumbus stealing a fleet of ships from his king.

-The chapter begins on quite an interesting note: Big Mom gets in contact with Kaidou through den den mushi! As it turns out, Kaidou owes BM some huge past favor. He tries to brush it off, and says that the Straw-Hats are HIS prey, and threatens to kill Linlin if she interferes. However, the empress wants Luffy's head for herself, saying that this isn't a discussion. So the purpose of her call is thus: SHE SEEKS AN ALLIANCE BETWEEN HERSELF AND KAIDOU!!!!! She says it will be just like the old days.....

-At New Marineford, the marines have wire-tapped this conversation, and start freaking out. Admiral Kizaru volunteers to go to Wano, but Sakazuki is hesitant to send him, due to the military might of the samurai warriors. Elsewhere, Garp is with vice-admiral Momousagi(!!!) who chews him out for not showing enough concern about the possibility of two Yonkou joining forces against his grandson. However, as Wano isn't affiliated with the WG, they lay outside the marine's jurisdiction. Hina chimes in, saying that Garp should show more concern as the hero of the marines, who tangled with the "Rock" (or "Lock"?) pirates in the past (who Kaidou and BM seem to be connected with), but the aged VA replies that his era has passed. However, he does agree that if Big Mom and Kaidou were to reunite, it would become an incident far beyond anyone's imagination....

-Back at Mariejois, we're shown a throne called "Pangea's Throne", but is more commonly known as the "Empty Throne". The throne is surrounded by 20 weapons, symbolizing the 20 nations that founded the WG. Stelly is told to make a pledge to the the throne, but he wants to sit on it instead. The guard says that the throne is intended to be a symbol of peace, which no king must sit upon, to prove they're all of equal status. Of course, Stelly, being the spoiled brat that he is, ignores the speech and insists on having his way, thinking the throne will make him king of the world. Meanwhile, Shirahoshi gets kidnapped by Charloss! Vivi and Rebecca want to help her, but at the same time realize the cost of defying a world noble. Instead, Leo and Sai try to go save her, but they get intercepted by none other than Rob Lucci, who's accompanied by other CP0 agents such as Kaku and Stussy! Lucci says the world nobles are gods who created the holy land, and warns the Tontatta that obstructing the world nobles' actions could be grounds for sparking a war. Vivi says that rule makes no sense, to which the pigeon man replies that, as "gods", the nobles have no need for logic. However, this doesn't stop king Neptune from going after Charloss himself! He's filled with regret as he knows offending a world noble will end his late wife Otohime's dream..... however, just as Charloss orders Lucci to kill the mer-king, the noble gets bludgeoned with a club! Shockingly, the one who knocked out Charloss was yet another world noble! He apologizes for Charloss' actions, and tells Neptune that he's been waiting to meet him again to repay him for the kindness that Otohime showed when he drifted to mermaid island ten years ago. The noble introduces himself as Donquixote Mjosgard...!!!

-Meanwhile, another shocking meeting is taking place.... between Shanks and the Gorosei (aka Five Elder Stars)! Interestingly, Shanks was actually invited to Mariejois itself for the meeting! The elders say that pirates shouldn't be concerned with political affairs like the Reverie, but have decided to take the time to meet him, anyway. Shanks tells them that they need to discuss a certain pirate.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2018-06-08 at 12:59.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-07, 03:18   Link #2
kari-no-sugata II

I wonder if Shanks wants to warn people about Blackbeard again? Ie to warn them that he's more dangerous than they realise.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-07, 03:37   Link #3
charasu
DigiDestinied

Man, wano gonna be devastated by 3 force collision, 2 yonkos and pirate mink ninja samurai alliance, that gonna be one hella bloat char @_@

Meanwhile, shanks enjoying tea time with gorosei talking about certain pirate... BB? Raise of crocoboy, clown star? Well let's just hope it's not just warning.

Meanwhile, the douchbag from CD at mermaid island flashback Fugging redeemed in awesome ways!? Guess even a pile of shiet can be changed huh @_@
Old 2018-06-07, 03:47   Link #4
WyrdMonger

Don't count your rotten eggs until you see what's inside. Maybe his time with Otohime did change, but I did develop a theory he may have had alternative motives when he gave her a signature.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-07, 04:25   Link #5
marvelB

A more detailed summary came out, so I updated accordingly. Man, lots of stuff to take in: A yonkou alliance talks, marine intervention (with Garp hanging out with the Film Gold VAs, no less!), Stelly being a dick as usual, and the reveal of yet another Donquixote clan member, who seems to have changed his ways. And finally, the shocking meeting between an emperor and the world's top authority. Actually, this chapter is reminding me of Oda's message from last year's Jump Festa, when he mentioned a "legend" that would be the greatest enemy the Straw-Hats have faced yet. And I gotta say, an alliance between two emperors sounds pretty legendary in itself.....
Old 2018-06-07, 08:15   Link #6
P_Dezz

looking like Wano might be the biggest arc yet, hoping they get to the Marco story.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-07, 10:54   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wow, this is so much to take in. The fact Kaidou and Big Mom had an alliance in the past makes me wonder if he's the father of one or more of her children. Anyway, the strawhats are definitely facing their biggest crisis yet.

Glad Charloss was stopped without causing too much trouble for Neptune and the others. That was a close one. Curious about this new Donquixote family member.

As for Shanks, is he wishing for an alliance between his crew and the marines to take down Blackbeard? That would be unprecedented.
Old 2018-06-07, 12:16   Link #8
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Curious about this new Donquixote family member.

Well technically, he's not new. Remember the world noble from the Fisher Tiger flashback (the one who went chasing after his former slaves, only for him to witness Shirahoshi's sea king power in action)? Well, turns out he's from the same clan as Doflamingo! And apparently, he's turned over a new leaf...

Speaking of the world nobles, something interesting was pointed out over at AP: It was confirmed that the Gorousei are THE HIGHEST RANK OF CELESTIAL DRAGON. Dunno about anyone else, but I'm glad those five geezers' positions got some further clarification (I had actually figured for a long time that they were world nobles themselves)....
Old 2018-06-07, 12:33   Link #9
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well technically, he's not new. Remember the world noble from the Fisher Tiger flashback (the one who went chasing after his former slaves, only for him to witness Shirahoshi's sea king power in action)? Well, turns out he's from the same clan as Doflamingo! And apparently, he's turned over a new leaf...

Speaking of the world nobles, something interesting was pointed out over at AP: It was confirmed that the Gorousei are THE HIGHEST RANK OF CELESTIAL DRAGON. Dunno about anyone else, but I'm glad those five geezers' positions got some further clarification (I had actually figured for a long time that they were world nobles themselves)....
wow thats crazy. i recently re-read that arc, and i was wondering how the queen got that treaty done with him. she must have really convinced and compelled him to have a change of heart.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-07, 19:56   Link #10
Wandering Soul

Saying big changes are happening is an understatement. If Kaidou accepts Big Mom's proposal, then the Strawhats are going to find themselves stuck in a situation that will make everything else they have been through seem pretty lightweight in comparison. Wano is shaping up more and more to a pretty packed arc.

The pirate Shanks wants to discuss has to no doubt be Blackbeard, but I wonder what measures he and the Gorosei are going to take against him.
Old 2018-06-08, 00:20   Link #11
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Wano is going to be very interesting considering that will be the venue for the heaviest fight and possibly will overwrite Great Battle of Edd between Roger and Shiki's Fleet. If Wano really turns into such battlefield, i think it will be written in history whoever is the winner.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 00:38   Link #12
The Small One

I wonder what Shanks knows about Blackbeard, that makes him think that he is especially dangerous.

The fact that BM is reaching out for an alliance with Kaido seems like she is acknowledging the Straw Hats as equals.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 02:45   Link #13
Ultragunner

I can't take this, the HYPUUU is just so overwhelming!!!!

Edit: and to think that the Gorousei actually made time to have a talk with Shanks.
perhaps this also explains why Sengoku granted Shanks' request to end the battle in Marinford also saying "because it's you"

Last edited by Ultragunner; 2018-06-08 at 02:57.
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 03:05   Link #14
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Hmmm interesting Hina noted they power were growing despite has lost their captain does this mean Kaidou and Big Mom once crew mate under certain pirate flag before?
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 03:43   Link #15
WyrdMonger

Calling it, Stelly's greed is going to cost him his life, and his kingdom.

Now does anyone think Mjosgard's heel face turn is legit? Because I have this theory he only supported the migration of fishman island, only for him to have easier access to slaves.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 05:51   Link #16
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

The way Oda has been moving his chess pieces (characters) around for the past 5 chapters has been insane. It truly feels like the series is on the cusp of the biggest in-story event ever considering how much setting up Oda is doing.

Also, its crazy seeing this chapter's reddit post reach the Top 10 posts in r/all !!
Old 2018-06-08, 06:06   Link #17
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyrdMonger View Post
Calling it, Stelly's greed is going to cost him his life, and his kingdom.

Now does anyone think Mjosgard's heel face turn is legit? Because I have this theory he only supported the migration of fishman island, only for him to have easier access to slaves.
That could be case but OP often genuine when turn over someone character 360 degree like Hattchan. I think there is reason Oda must give sort flashback behind Mjosgard change.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 06:55   Link #18
cyberdemon

I feel like the revolutionary army is going to get several more countries as allies after this arc
Old 2018-06-08, 07:06   Link #19
Ultragunner

is it me, or Rob Lucci was just putting up an act in front of Charlos? Of course, had Mjogard not intervened, Rob would have killed Neptune there.
But his face at the end was like "Good grief, but at least I didn't have to do anything"?
Old 2018-06-08, 07:30   Link #20
Theia_Loki

...Wow.

Like... Holy shit.

Saint Donquixote Miosgard... I... am... Impressed!

Also, this is now officially hilarious! Charloss got whooped for his antics again and this time he can't do anything about it!
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote