AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-17, 03:45   Link #21
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
Besides, he probably has sparred with Jiraiya countless times and probably knows enough about his former teammate's fighting techniques and styles that he would be confident that he wouldn't be slaughtered even in his weakened state.
I wouldn't say Oro necessarily sparred with Jiraiya ala Kakashi and Gai, but I definitely strongly agree with the second part of your speculation. That's in essence what I meant: Oro understood Jiraiya's strength but did not think that he would lose even in his weakened state. Remember, Oro did not know Jiraiya is drug and did not suspect so until perhaps the summon; had Oro truly respected Jiraiya as he derseves, Oro probably would've called it a day the moment the reinforcement arrived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
By the way, what do you guys think about her 'youthful-appearance' jutsu? Is it a side-effect of that regeneration jutsu or is it just plain vanity? They never explained it in the manga...
I think it's just plain vanity (nothing wrong with that!); she used a special jutsu, not that insane Rejuvination jutsu, to maintain a her appearance, and in the end of that fight she reverted to normal because of the side of effect of the Rejuvination jutsu. I just think of it as a near-permanent version of Henge no Jutsu. ^_^
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 04:16   Link #22
EbonySeraphim
Phat Poster/Thread Killer

Send a message via AIM to EbonySeraphim
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
I don't agree with this speculation of yours. "In reality?" How would you know? Oro was only bested by Yondaime, and not necessarily for overall strength.
In reality, I only know because of the character book data you showed that had data on both Orochimaru and Jiaryia. Jiariya had far surpassed Orochimaru in many of mission areas. Of course mission experience doesn't mean he is stronger, but in general after one attains a level of strength so high, the only way they will get stronger is by facing so many opponents that they just develop an overall mastery.

I'm also riding on my bias of thinking Jiariya is cool, and that he is on the side of good, so he has to be stronger.
Old 2004-05-17, 04:25   Link #23
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonySeraphim
In reality, I only know because of the character book data you showed that had data on both Orochimaru and Jiaryia. Jiariya had far surpassed Orochimaru in many of mission areas. Of course mission experience doesn't mean he is stronger, but in general after one attains a level of strength so high, the only way they will get stronger is by facing so many opponents that they just develop an overall mastery.
Okay, that explains it. You are correct; I cannot refute information posted by myself. ^_^;;
Old 2004-05-17, 04:56   Link #24
Lazy Shikamaru

I can't believe you guys haven't mentioned the other person that can become a hokage and is probably the next suitable candidate. Try and guess who that is.
Lazy Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 04:57   Link #25
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Shikamaru
I can't believe you guys haven't mentioned the other person that can become a hokage and is probably the next suitable candidate. Try and guess who that is.
Maybe a couple years later. This thread is about NOW.
Old 2004-05-17, 04:59   Link #26
Lazy Shikamaru

Quote:
Maybe a couple years later. This thread is about NOW.
Yeah, NOW there is one other person.

And no, not Itachi. I'll just go ahead and say it ~ Neji's Uncle.
Old 2004-05-17, 05:08   Link #27
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Yeah, NOW there is one other person.

And no, not Itachi.
Oh man, how could I forget the man even Sarutobi recognized--IRUKA SENSEI! XD

Okay, in all seriousness, I can't think of whom you're referring to. Hmmm, let's see...
Tsunade - current Hokage
Jiraiya - mentioned
Orochimaru - can't
Itachi - can't
Ayame - keke

Kakashi - mentioned
Gai - mentioned
Asuma - mentioned
Kurenai - mentioned

I have no idea; surprise me!

EDIT:

Quote:
Neji's Uncle
Ah, Hyuga Hiash! Yes, his strength and ability is definitely not bad, but I don't think his status as head of Hyuga Clan really allows him to be in head of both the clan and the village...and I really don't think he can give up being the head of the clan.
Old 2004-05-17, 05:09   Link #28
Lazy Shikamaru

Quote:
Oh man, how could I forget the man even Sarutobi recognized--IRUKA SENSEI! XD

Okay, in all seriousness, I can't think of whom you're referring to. Hmmm, let's see...
Tsunade - current Hokage
Jiraiya - mentioned
Orochimaru - can't
Itachi - can't
Ayame - keke

Kakashi - mentioned
Gai - mentioned
Asuma - mentioned
Kurenai - mentioned

I have no idea; surprise me!

Neji's Uncle! if Tsunade wasn't there and neither was Jiraiya, there is no better man for the job.

EDIT: Yes, you're right ~ that would be a problem. But if he could, he's got the personality of one (serious and all).

Last edited by Lazy Shikamaru; 2004-05-17 at 06:05.
Old 2004-05-17, 06:16   Link #29
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
EDIT: Yes, you're right ~ that would be a problem. But if he could, he's got the personality of one (serious and all).
Also, Hiashi has shown in the past he was willing to sacrifice himself for the village should the occasion arise; thank you for reminding us.
Old 2004-05-17, 09:48   Link #30
realdeal
The Real Deal

All previous hokages has been trained by either a hokage or a hokage student/hokage candidate. Its only fitting Kakashi takes this role if the 2 arent around... or ermmm maybe anko if she grows stronger, hehe.
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 10:36   Link #31
Kakashi Sensei
LstSrvvngSskeFnGrl

My sig says it all.

Really, doesn't anyone recalling the interview where he said Kakashi would be closest to being Hokage?
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 10:37   Link #32
Anko Plushy

Location: Sometimes LA sometimes the Soul Society sometimes SD sometimes Konoha it all depends on my mood
Send a message via AIM to Anko Plushy Send a message via Yahoo to Anko Plushy
I personally think that Jiraiya might be hokage but he doesn't want to but what about Itachi he has the strength and mind to but is too evil to be it. But it's so obvious that Naruto will become it.
Anko Plushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 11:30   Link #33
UchihaNick
Peacemaker

gee surprised i didnt see any ramen girl thingies here

as for jiraiya, he "could" be a hokage but he doesnt want it at all, even naruto would be hokage sooner then he would, kakashi lacks strength, iruka definitaly lacks strength. no clan leaders, well that would be a hard one but stil, naruto is growing stronger and stronger, + he almost killed kabuto, that means he has the power. only his intelligence would have to be higher, but there comes experience in the picture. well, he would sacrifice his life for the ones he love, so that is ok either.

P.S. ebony, thnx about that kenshin thing, i always wondered WHY the ogi was dangerous
UchihaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 11:37   Link #34
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei
My sig says it all.

Really, doesn't anyone recalling the interview where he said Kakashi would be closest to being Hokage?
I do, but I don't think Kishimoto was being very serious with that answer. Besides, Kakashi is the favorite jounin amongst the fans; why would he suggest anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaNick
gee surprised i didnt see any ramen girl thingies here
We can't even get Ayame past Sakura, Tsunade, Temari yet, so there is no reason to be so ambitious...one step at a time!