AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 43 32.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 29.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 15.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 11.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 7.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.24%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-09, 00:55   Link #221
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
With all this fuss over Ryuuji and Taiga I would actually want to see how they interact as a boyfriend/girlfriend.
Probably pretty similar to how they interact already.
Old 2009-03-09, 05:35   Link #222
wistfulloner

Quote:
Yup.

With all this fuss over Ryuuji and Taiga I would actually want to see how they interact as a boyfriend/girlfriend.

If the confession was to be the last scene...

hmm...not cool...
I would actually prefer the revelation of love for Ryuji and Taiga to be in the last episode, but like Waking_Dreamer stated, heads will roll if it comes at the last scene.

But considering how things are right now, I do believe just the next episode is required to wrap everything up (if you don't consider the novels).
Old 2009-03-09, 08:35   Link #223
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im was not surprised by any of the events in this episode with exception of Minorin feeling the need to yell down the hall that "she wont run away anymore" Of course this only served as an irritation for Ami. Speaking of Ami she has been in a very foul mood as of late and i cant blame her. As i said before these feeling are building up inside of her and shes about to burst like a bubble. If only she could have confessed even if she was rejected the unknown would not just be haniging there.

Ryu struggling with his feelings for Taiga and also go along with rouse so things would not be awkward is another Ryu trait. Some times it takes a person to point out the obvious before we can see it and taiga did that even if she was semi conscious.

With everything else going on the poor guy now has to think about his future college and such its a lot of pressure. But he is a smart student and not going to college would be a waste. Ya-chan has to be one of the coolest moms of all time. She maybe ditzy but she loves her son very much. The line she told Ryu when he was little about not having a father was so cute i almost cried. Never judge a book by its cover as even now shes working 2 jobs so that Ryu can have a education and continue to "shine" when he does.

Eventually Ryu wont be able to hold his feelings back any longer. Its obvious to the audience that he loves Taiga now he has to figure that out for himself. "As i thought being with Taiga is the best" he did not say being with Minorin was the best the simplest things often lead to the biggest revelations. Kind of loved the beating Ryu got from Taiga when she came back and he spazzed out lol.

9/10
Old 2009-03-09, 15:55   Link #224
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Did anyone else watch the Youtube subbed version too?

if you watch it there are alternate translations of some scenes. I think the CoalGuys subs are better. But if you watch both version I think you will have a better understanding of what is going on.

And can anyone explain to me what the deal is the "ikumen" joke at the ramen shop?
Old 2009-03-09, 17:23   Link #225
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
And can anyone explain to me what the deal is the "ikumen" joke at the ramen shop?
In "ramen" the "men" part is the part that means noodles. The "ra" would be what kind of noodles. I dunno off the top of my head what other kinds of names there would be in Japanese, but assuming this is equivalent to the Chinese character I think it is, that would be the way it works.

And "ikemen" is like "attractive/cool guy/men" (what with the plural ambiguity in Japanese and whatnot).

Hence when Minorin asks what kind of noodles ("men") they'd like, she warns them not to say "ikemen."

(I think that was an overly long explanation for something relatively simple)
Old 2009-03-09, 17:24   Link #226
k'2

Send a message via MSN to k'2 Send a message via Yahoo to k'2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
I would actually prefer the revelation of love for Ryuji and Taiga to be in the last episode, but like Waking_Dreamer stated, heads will roll if it comes at the last scene.

But considering how things are right now, I do believe just the next episode is required to wrap everything up (if you don't consider the novels).

that what would happen or the anime will go into a sleeping mood like some of the first episodes espcially it's going to end soon T_T
Old 2009-03-09, 17:31   Link #227
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Well, once they'd reach a "romantic" moment she'd probably knock him out and there would just be over whelming awkwardness from everyone with the subject.
Old 2009-03-09, 19:04   Link #228
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Well, once they'd reach a "romantic" moment she'd probably knock him out and there would just be over whelming awkwardness from everyone with the subject.
and if that were to happen...I would like to see that
Old 2009-03-09, 19:06   Link #229
yell0wbird
:3

Send a message via AIM to yell0wbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
eh if anything it'd be something lame like minorin confesses to ryuuji, and taiga over hears it, but ryuuji turns her down after a moment of thought, and taiga hears it and g0es z0mg he r33rrrrry ar3 m3ant f0r m333 heh 3h3h3h giggle *tear*
Oh boy ._.;
Old 2009-03-09, 22:51   Link #230
typhonsentra

I like how much play CoalGuys is getting out of "Ikemen" gags.
Old 2009-03-10, 01:51   Link #231
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Just looking at the illustrations no they don't look weird to me either.

But his eyes are weird. He's got Sanpaku Eyes. That is where you can see the white of the eye below the Iris.

And in the show supposedly he has evil looking eyes. But i think that is the shape of them not the sanpaku part.

>_> now that you mention that, it explains why a few of my friends say I look really scary or mad most of the time.
and why my mom gets mad at me when I look up at her when I'm sitting. (a customer once pointed out that I'm "one of those people who look really scary when they look at you")

もいちど。。。
Old 2009-03-10, 02:56   Link #232
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:

But his eyes are weird. He's got Sanpaku Eyes. That is where you can see the white of the eye below the Iris.

And in the show supposedly he has evil looking eyes. But i think that is the shape of them not the sanpaku part.

OMG! I just realised I got Sanpaku eyes too! Not to the extent of Ryuji's of course but generally its there. Like when Im looking forward you can see a bit of the white under the iris.

Maybe thats why a lot of my friends used to jokingly call me gangsta in highschool . Of course I was the total opposite and thats the the probably the main reason they said that. Though the Sanpaku eyes might have had a part in that...and well maybe my slick back hair and fringes...

lol at the fact that what I really wanted to do was rush home and watch me some animes

I also felt I had connection with Ryuji...early on in the series...

Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; 2009-03-10 at 03:12.
Old 2009-03-10, 05:44   Link #233
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
OMG! I just realised I got Sanpaku eyes too! Not to the extent of Ryuji's of course but generally its there. Like when Im looking forward you can see a bit of the white under the iris.

Maybe thats why a lot of my friends used to jokingly call me gangsta in highschool . Of course I was the total opposite and thats the the probably the main reason they said that. Though the Sanpaku eyes might have had a part in that...and well maybe my slick back hair and fringes...

lol at the fact that what I really wanted to do was rush home and watch me some animes

in my case, when I'm sleepy, instead of looking sleepy I look like I'm going to kill someone.

and on a normal day I look like I hate everyone.

apparently I never have a "happy" expression to my eyes.
it doesn't help that I have "mean" looking eyebrows, or something like that.
basically it's the same as Ryuuji. I'm sleepy...sleep time.

もいちど。。。
Old 2009-03-10, 08:48   Link #234
Traece
:cool:

Quote:

That was an interesting look in to Walking Dreamer's personal life.

Well with that aside, I have to say I'm excited for the next few episodes of Toradora!. I'm still waiting for Ryuuji and Taiga to actually have a romantic moment. At this point it doesn't even seem like either of them (especially Taiga) is fully interested in their original desires anymore. Taiga figured it all out ages ago, but Ryuuji had to have Taiga explain to him how things worked.

Even when she's unconscious, Taiga can tell it like it is.
Old 2009-03-10, 10:53   Link #235
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Well with that aside, I have to say I'm excited for the next few episodes of Toradora!. I'm still waiting for Ryuuji and Taiga to actually have a romantic moment. At this point it doesn't even seem like either of them (especially Taiga) is fully interested in their original desires anymore. Taiga figured it all out ages ago, but Ryuuji had to have Taiga explain to him how things worked.

Even when she's unconscious, Taiga can tell it like it is.
Well what would be the definition of a romantic moment?

Id be interested in seeing one too mainly because at the moment I really cant picture it. Some people have mentioned that there would be some awkwardness interjected with a comedic action (involving some kind of physical pain on Ryuji), while some have said it wouldnt be much different from now.

Say Taiga's feet on Ryuji's back in the villa was definitely an adorable scene, affectionate yes, but was that romantic? Especially since they clearly had eyes on other people. Now that they know they like each other how exactly would they express it between themselves and the people around them?

Sure they will have the closeness and comfortableness they had when their romantic inclinations were perhaps only in their subconscious...but will there be more now?

Are people just interested in hearing those words (confession)?
Old 2009-03-10, 13:15   Link #236
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
LOL...OK, You got me on that one...I should said something like, chasing others leading up to realizing we were "the ones" for each other and thus getting married... But you clearly understood me and were giving me a jab.
Yeah I figured that's what you were going for.
Old 2009-03-10, 19:16   Link #237
typhonsentra

Jeez, where's everyone been the past few days? There was so much discussion then it halted all of a sudden. There's always a fairly substantial number of people viewing this forum too and this episode is getting far more downloads than last week's, weird.
Old 2009-03-10, 19:21   Link #238
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Jeez, where's everyone been the past few days?
Holding their breaths until Wednesday (or whenever Toradora airs in your timezone).

This is after all pretty much a set-up episode.
Old 2009-03-10, 20:57   Link #239
Fran~
floating away...

Toradora airs in Japan wednesday 01:00? (Japan Time). I'm 12 hours behind Japan.
Old 2009-03-10, 20:57   Link #240
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Toradora airs in Japan wednesday 01:00? (Japan Time). I'm 12 hours behind Japan.
And we don't get a fansub until Friday, usually.