AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 25 20.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 31.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 19.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 18.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.82%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-16, 11:22   Link #81
pumpkins

haha.. a pretty funny episode. Yui and her sister looks so cute together.
Old 2009-05-16, 11:57   Link #82
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i guess the only thing that makes me wonder is Yui & Ui's typical "censor faced" parents cliche, who magically leaves their kids alone at home for an unkown clear goddamn reason, without depending on any close relatives/whatsoever to look after them while they are away. ~nyoron~
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-05-16, 12:28   Link #83
Jimmy C

It's something mentioned in the Clannad After Story discussions, it's standard practice to leave even young children alone for some time in Japan. If they can cook, it wouldn't be suprising to see the parents leave their kids at home alone while they go on a trip.
Old 2009-05-16, 12:32   Link #84
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Since Ui tuned out to be opposite of her sister, contrary to expectations, Ritsu's imagination has made Yui's parents to be the happy-go-lucky ones. But since the parents would be unlikely to appear in the show, we can't confirm this. Although I think it's possible that the personality of one parent is like Yui and the other is like Ui, where else could they be influenced to turn up like that?

Also sisterly love is awww.
Old 2009-05-16, 12:51   Link #85
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
It's something mentioned in the Clannad After Story discussions, it's standard practice to leave even young children alone for some time in Japan. If they can cook, it wouldn't be suprising to see the parents leave their kids at home alone while they go on a trip.
really!?, as cuz i never really-really knew fully clear about traditional japanese culture except for their pop culz, oh wellz.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-05-16, 16:19   Link #86
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well, a new member or two might draw some of the heat away from Mio, make the newbie the target sort of thing.
Well let's see we've already got the bossy type, the scaredy cat who used to be kuudere, the klutz and the rich girl, what archetypes are left to add to this mix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics View Post
In response to annoyance about the seemingly recurring plot devices (next episode's maid-cafe in particular), Kyoani can't change the plot lines from the original 4koma so blame the repetition on the manga. Though it is Kyoani's job to depict it so that it doesn't feel recurring.
Before Munto I would have replied to this with something like "sure they could if they just improvise", but now I'm pretty sure this Maid Cafe idea will be better then whatever they might come up on their own without a source to go on. If anything it would probably feel even more recurring with cyclical dialogue that goes nowhere in the end......wait.......
Old 2009-05-16, 17:15   Link #87
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

yui and her ADD strikes again
Old 2009-05-16, 20:24   Link #88
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

I found this ep. a bit too cutesy, the sisterly stuff was too much. Also I thought there would be more development of Ui's character, she was on-screen for most of the ep. but by the end I didn't feel we really knew any more about her than was evident when she appeared back in ep.2.

Yui in a mini-Santa outfit was a high point though...

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2009-05-16, 22:15   Link #89
slayer545-sama
Banned

Thumbs up K-ON episode 7 review!

The episode was good and I will not resume since there is not much to resume but I will give out the strong points!
What I liked:
-It was great at the beginning to see Yui and Ui! So cute when they were young sure makes the MOE more MOE!
-Ui grabbing Yui's foot when she was about to fall but never does after putting the star was great because Yui is usually clumsy but she did not screw up the tree. She was worried about whether she was good enough for Santa to come.
-It was cute once again when Yui and Ui went outside since Yui wanted to show her the snow but the snow was not real instead it was cotton balls! Well sure worked out somehow.
-We are further shown of the relation between Yui and Ui. Yui seeing that her sister is cold warps her with half of her scarf. It is a good sign of family caring for each other considering there are many families that are not so in Japan.
-Ui noticing that Yui's hand was cold also warps around her hands around since Yui is clumsy she most likely forgot a glove. Yet another sign that Ui shows mutual family caring.
-Well it was nice to see the group having a talk in their club about Christmas some parts that were good in there were those of Ritsu showing those pics of Mio she took during the trip in episode 4 at Kotobuki's cottage.
-Another one was Mio's gift she got from Ritsu during one a Christmas when she was younger. OF ALL THINGS A JACK IN BOX! LOL!
-Pretty cool of Yui to ask Nodoka to come with them to buy the presents to be exchanged and participate with them since Nodoka said right away OK!
-Back at Ui's place it was too funny when Yui said GATAN DES with salute! Now that was LOL!
-Also LOL was how Yui wanted to help but Ui remarked she would only be too clumsy for it.
-Yui sure has some weird ideas about gift picking!
-SO MUCH LOL! During Ritsu/Mio gift picking scene. Because Ritsu for one scares the living crap of Mio with that Halloween mask of horror and we all know how scared and MOE Mio gets with this stuff.
-The other gag around the same part would be the JACK IN THE BOX! Get this though, it was a horror one because the JACK was a skeleton. Mio of course freaked out!
-The third gag in this same part made me less LOL but it was original....A BLURAY HORROR MOVIE! I also suspect a strategy of making Blurays more popular like that. Thing was done a lot with pizza hut also so no surprise at something like that.
-The part after that when everyone got three raffles tickets each for a total of 15! LOL @ the fact all got tissues except Kotobuki who got a better prize as a game board!
-What a waste! Yui used one of those party cones just to see what it does so it was a LOL since once you use it, you cannot use it again. That is why WHAT A WASTE! I would use when all were coming at the door! :th_086_64color:
-I did like how it become quite clear of why Ui did not want Yui to cook nor help her. SHE IS COOKS AMONG COOKS! She does not really need anyone to help her with that.
-Yui being tangled in the Christmas decorations was a good LOL!
-THE FOOD! THE FOOD! Oh man it looked so delicious I wanted some also! :lovelove:
-Sawako sensei sure had her LOL time in this one. Since the whole group was surprised at her sudden appearance they all though that she was some kind of ninja! LOL! Especially at the part of how all though she got in.
-Sawako sensei playing and deforming the smile of Yui! LOL!
-Sawako wanting to have someone wearing a Santa outfit!
-MOE MOE MOE Yui for wearing the Santa outfit but LOL at sensei not agreeing it looks on her!
-LOL at Nodoka getting in and noticing Sawako sensei changing Mio into the Santa outfit since she though it would look best on her! I SWEAR Nodoka was thinking that Sawako was raping Mio in a yuri way since Mio had her pants off so I think only panties were visible at this point.
-DO FEEL BAD FOR MIO FEELING EMBARRASSED! She looked miserable.
-LOL @ Sawako taking the initiative of the gift exchange! It was great regardless!
-LOL @ Sawako so much when she opened her present! Because it was what Mio was supposed to get. A JACK IN A BOX! Then BOOING BOOM ON HER FORE HEAD! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA! LOL!
-WOW Kotobuki got casanetes, those things you shake, look at pic at bottom!
-WOW! Nodoka got cookies! So nice! Bon appetit!
-COOL! Mio got some horror comic! :dies2: Like her! She will never read it! She will store it in her room somewhere deep. I would keep it and LOL about it when older with a family!
-Seems Ritsu got a present from Nodoka as she is the one who chose it for her. I am not sure but is it a lantern?
-BEST WAS YUI/UI! Ui got a scarf so it is exactly what she needed! Yui got winter gloves, also something she needed since at this point all can suppose due to her clumsy ways she lost the other glove and cannot find it.
-LOVED UI's marionette show with Satan Claus and Rudolf the red nose! A classic and it's good Japanese are aware of it!
-OH YES! OH YES! MIO IN SANTA CLAUS OUTFIT! Yessssssssss! MOE MOE MOE MIO! MOE!
-Kotobuki imitating who knows what at this point was LOL! Seriously I LOL hard!
-WTF was up Sawako sensei showing that a slap at her stomach would leave a mark!? O_O
-Pretty to see snow falling when all left the house since the party was over.
-LOL at the game board being left there. I though Kotobuki would take it but guess not.
-LOL @ Yui being lazy girl after Christmas! She was doing nothing being hidden under the warm kotatsu (table that is warmed up). LOL @ Ui having to feed her like some injured patient!
-MOE MOE MOE MIO! She looked best in her outfit! Some nice fancy kimono!
-Second MOE one was Kotobuki in her white coat.
-LOL @ Sawako for being jealous of a couple when she failed in life at having a guy. Really Japan too much pressure on the girls to do things!
-LOL @ Yui getting hit by Ritsu for saying something stupid during praying and New Year wishing!
What I did not like:
-I know and am aware of the cute scene with Yui and her sister going to sleep together but I DO NOT LIKE IT! It was cute, yes, but it suggests among other things incest. There is a certain age where you should not sleep with family members. That age should be around 8 years old. That time they are way too old for this. There are way better ways of showing care.

The beginning was so MOE! Yui and Ui when they were kids!

The whole fake snow scene was great!

So cute when Yui wrapped Ui in her scarf to make her warmer!

Same can be said about Ui warming up one of Yui hands when she lost one of her gloves.
Spoiler:

Seems next episode all will be in maid outfits! Cosplay cafe?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After the subs thoughts.
-I completely missed the point that Kotobuki's imitation was that of a star fight but then again who would know.
-Mio's rambling on no one marrying her is BS but a true fact of Japanese woman being plagued if they have their body exposed to others no matter who it is.
-Ritsu marrying Ui is a creepy though. In Japan it is sometimes a problem that leads woman to suicide such as twins loving themselves.
-Tsumugi exchanging the Hawaii trip was stupid but if it was only for one person then I understand but then again the board game must hve tempted her more since money for her should not be a problem.
-So the parents of Yui did go towards Germany but the lovey-dovey....why not? They are married but once again Tsumugi blushing does show other things.
-Seems the next episode will have more members. Also it seems that the next concert will have more songs as in 4.
-Sawako's imitation was supposed to be a maple leaf but FAILED! That was not even close.
-Sawako does lie about having a boyfriend. Too easy to see but I had to confirm with subs other than the obvious jealousy at the end with temple visit.
-Wow Ristsu's reason to hit Yui was because she wanted cakes instead of wishing for the club.
-Yui's not gaining fat is due to a high metabolism and is a true fact. The problem is a lot of people are jealous of it.
Old 2009-05-16, 23:05   Link #90
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

um to slayer545-sama, can you put some spoiler tags on to some of your posts?.
Old 2009-05-17, 01:47   Link #91
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Heh.... K-ON is at its best with episodes like this. Good work, good work there.
Uhh... Not to be rude... But... No.

Well it seems that this episode broke the chain in ratings being the same between Kaoshin and I... (Though a 5 isn't much better than a 4 anyways). Only reason I gave it a 5 is because there at least was the feeling of character development between the sisters.

Nonetheless this series continues to be poor. This episode was just filled with the exploitation of the character's extremes and over rehashed gags that weren't even really funny in the first place. Yeah, KyoAni can go cater to the Otakus all they want. It's obvious that this adaption has less to do with art than it does being simply a cash cow that gets young males to drool over it.

This is frankly a terrible show. Sorry, but it's animes like these that give anime a social stigma in the public at times. Flame on.
Old 2009-05-17, 02:10   Link #92
RisArk

A cartoon as a comedy? How dreadful!
Old 2009-05-17, 02:45   Link #93
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Uhh... Not to be rude... But... No.

Well it seems that this episode broke the chain in ratings being the same between Kaoshin and I... (Though a 5 isn't much better than a 4 anyways). Only reason I gave it a 5 is because there at least was the feeling of character development between the sisters.

Nonetheless this series continues to be poor. This episode was just filled with the exploitation of the character's extremes and over rehashed gags that weren't even really funny in the first place. Yeah, KyoAni can go cater to the Otakus all they want. It's obvious that this adaption has less to do with art than it does being simply a cash cow that gets young males to drool over it.

This is frankly a terrible show. Sorry, but it's animes like these that give anime a social stigma in the public at times. Flame on.
Not so much as an exploitation but more like a (currently anyway) failure to capitalize what was (and still is) a very strong and interesting premise. We all like comedy and all, but even then comedy has meaning to them. Lucky Star and maybe even Asumanga managed to present current events in the otherwise dull and drag lives of typical high schoolers in a funnier and more relatable like through their comedy.

Other than that, the comedic interplay between Yui and Ui I found to be a very interesting and enjoyable vehicle to present the complete difference in their personalities. Like I said, comedy doesn't need to be exploitative, they did it hilariously well with Yui and Ui.

In contrast yeah, Mio's getting milked for all the moe she's got. At the very least she isn't going as overboard as she used to in the previous works, but it's going to give my diabetes one of these days.
Old 2009-05-17, 03:01   Link #94
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well...there is the serious type I suppose. A girl that wants to play music, which everyone else seems to not do since they are eating cake and drinking tea? Mio is almost like that, but she wanted to be in a different club originally, and follows the call to eat cake...plus she's used at the moe generator via bullying while Yui and Ui go for the cute scale.

Needs more "MugVision". It would be like what Nagisa and Ryou had when Nagisa was "confessing".
Old 2009-05-17, 03:09   Link #95
Principalities

This is without a doubt one of the funniest episode thus far. Appreciate the lesser emphasis on Mio tho the Mugi/Mio weight gain scene at the end really made me laugh out loud!
Old 2009-05-17, 04:11   Link #96
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

I think Sawako has become to metalheads and rock fans in general what our dear Mio is to moe-fanatics. Anyone agree? XD

I give this episode a 7. Not really great by any means, but a whole assload of cuteness is plenty of entertainment for me. Now that I know they are dedicated to doing stuff with the band (as shown in episode 5 and 6) I am comfortable having these filler episodes.
Old 2009-05-17, 04:50   Link #97
Psi_
Same Psi, Different Place

I give it an 8. It wasn't the best, but it definitely wasn't bad. That and I'm always kinda partial to character developing episodes like such .
Old 2009-05-17, 08:25   Link #98
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I just want Mio to dress less and show off more of her assets. Mugimugi too.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-05-17, 11:10   Link #99
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Yui destroyed a cushion to have a "white" christmas.
I'm surprised to see that Ui can do ventriloquism, she has talents too.

And lastly, Mio getting abused never fail to amuse me... "wrong house".

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2009-05-17 at 19:35.
Old 2009-05-17, 11:33   Link #100
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Heck... for the 1st time i really understand the term "steal the show" physically. I could not remember a thing about EP 7 after watching it, other than Mio's red kimono. Reading this thread was like "Ah yeah, this bit was in the episode as well."

Yui and Ui were cute. They resemble Tenma&Yakumo a lots; but they are much closer to each other. Then no matter where you looks, Yui is clearly show off her "clumsy onee-san" character. The thought of Ui can be an older sister would not even imaginable.

Mugi's ojousama power were like ultimate (I loves how she is so casual at everything also).There you have the four girls trying to carry a bunch of left-over tissues boxes home. When their best friend just next-by had just thrown away a Hawaii trip worth several thousands $ for a game box. How ironic......

Ritsu. Your propose have been taken into account. Yui will not mind entrust her sister to her soulmate.

Mio? I have to admit that when they poke her shyness the 1st time, it was all fun. They poked several times, the effect start to wear off. They poke it several more times with a different approach, suddenly it became AWESOME. Great fan-services you have there KA. I do have to drop my hat for you guys. Cause Mio once again passed my image threshold of "how moe a character could become". Her moment of getting stripped (Nodoka's "sorry, wrong house" was pure win btw) and Santa's one piece were great fan-services. It threw a year worth of pantsu i have seen straight down into the toilet. Yeah, that's how well a fan service should be