AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 18 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 24.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 31.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 9.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-06, 18:51   Link #61
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
Man, talk about whining. His firing could have been unfair (I don't know the exact details), but airing it this way is just a cry for attention.
I guess there is a bit of whining there, but that was a huge slap in the face to him, so I think he has a right to feel aggrieved. I've never heard of a thing like that happening before.

But in fact, I don't think of it as whining so much as (a) self-deprecating humor, and (b) revenge. He's not exactly drawing attention to himself over it, since it is such a big deal that Japanese otaku all know about it, even if some casual fans don't.

There are lots of theories about the firing, and I don't know which, if any, is right: poor time management, poor budget management, talking back to his producers, refusing to do enough product placement, or what.

I was never bothered by "abrupt" transitions in Lucky Star, since it was like a string of sketches, anyway. I thought the particular combination of sketches in each episode worked, and I didn't mind that there weren't smooth transitions between them. In fact, I kind of prefer that to making up some fakey business to go from one to the other. Yamakan is cool and ironic and self-referential, so that we know that this is a fiction and we are sometimes shown the gears and levers.

I think what Yamakan has, mainly, is a great sense of humor and a deft touch in making the humor work in the storyboard and the animation. As well as a great feeling for matching movement and music in OPs/EDs/insert songs (SHnY concert).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-11-06, 20:58   Link #62
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pparker View Post
I thought Jin said Nagi's food tasted horrible, which is why there was no winner.
The point is it was too obvious from the look who was the winner, so they decided it even before tasting. It was the first time they tried Nagi's cooking, so they couldn't have known (may be Gin should have doubted it with the way Nagi ate her Miso soup ) Also even if it tasted weird, it was still edible (unlike Zange's dish), and as long as Zange doesn't win, it's the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
man, i feel for jin. he has to absorb all the craziness going around him
NO i don't There are ppl out there dying wish to be him
Old 2008-11-07, 17:49   Link #63
Solafighter
Hige

Nagi ...

Old 2008-11-08, 05:30   Link #64
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Recently started and i haven't had so much fun with a show since.. well, don't know. But it's great.

Truth be told though.. it was way better when there wasn't any "real" plot. I hope it stays on this level.
Old 2008-11-08, 05:35   Link #65
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aye, I almost wish it could hang back with the innocent fun of the first few eps but its too obvious that its going to get a little grungy and complicated....
Old 2008-11-08, 07:56   Link #66
Shadow Kira01

Pretty funny.. I am starting to like this anime more and more.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-08, 09:47   Link #67
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Nagi ...

I lol'd @ that too... sesame eyes
Old 2008-11-08, 09:49   Link #68
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
aye, I almost wish it could hang back with the innocent fun of the first few eps but its too obvious that its going to get a little grungy and complicated....
Isn't that called development? They could probably do an episodic OVA after the series though, to explore the everyday life interactions between the dynamic duo... that'll interesting, like the first few episodes.
Closed Thread