AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-12, 12:06   Link #2601
Kazu-kun

New costume designs.

Spoiler for large pic:
Old 2012-11-12, 22:47   Link #2602
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Maybe this is the reason why Mayuyu has a rocket launching arm in the anime.

Spoiler for Mayuyu's arm to be chopped off as punishment:
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 00:37   Link #2603
sa547
*Author

ROFLMAO! Mayuyu's acting like Emirin being nipped by those little fishies. Interestingly, Acchan made a straight face in a moment after the guillotine went down.

And speaking of home videos, we have Nagisa singing in the shower. More precisely, Karen singing Hashire Penguin, not knowing her mom hijacked her phone, took the video and then played around with her G+ account.

As for the new Ebata-designed uniforms, they strongly remind me of Sheryl again.
Old 2012-11-15, 11:44   Link #2604
jetblack1979

Chaosprophet, when you'll have vol. 4 Blu-Ray of AKB0048, will you please tell us the home planet of Mimori, plus the home planets, birthdays, ages and heights of Sae and Takamina ? Thank you.
jetblack1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 12:55   Link #2605
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblack1979 View Post
Chaosprophet, when you'll have vol. 4 Blu-Ray of AKB0048, will you please tell us the home planet of Mimori, plus the home planets, birthdays, ages and heights of Sae and Takamina ? Thank you.
Yes, I'm planning to do so. But my copy of vol 4 is taking awfully long to arrive. Also when I get vol 4th I will try to get them all scanned (if I get all 4 together I can get a discount for the number of pages when scanning).

EDIT: Orz, my bad. I didn't remember Mimori was on vol 3 and somehow I forgot to post her planet when I made my post. Her home planet is 舞網星 - マイアミスター (Maiamistar).

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2012-11-16 at 18:31.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 13:33   Link #2606
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Maimistar, aka a play on Miami? God, Mimori grew up very privileged, such a surprise a girl like her is so humble and kind even though she could easily left Kanata coughing in the dust.

Also, likes, dislikes and weaknesses of Mimori if possible.
Old 2012-11-17, 21:07   Link #2607
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Maimistar, aka a play on Miami? God, Mimori grew up very privileged, such a surprise a girl like her is so humble and kind even though she could easily left Kanata coughing in the dust.
It may indeed be a play on it, as the Japanese "maiami" sounds basically the same as Miami in English.

Quote:
Also, likes, dislikes and weaknesses of Mimori if possible.
Well, giving it a try (in italic comments by me):
Food she likes: Cherries not prepared in the Japanese way, センマイ刺し (omasum slices?), ramen.
Food she dislikes: While she would say "None~", on reality she hates natto (she doesn't really hide it).
Excels at: Japanese Calligraphy 3-dan (a very high level which seems to means she has advanced teaching license for itO.o), sewing, decoration.
Dislikes: Ramen restaurants designed to be gloomy (おしゃれっぽく薄暗く演出されたラーメン屋 if anyone want to give a better trans).
Treasures: The clothes she received from her mother.
Old 2012-11-18, 10:08   Link #2608
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I just tore through this in a rage this saturday... and I'm completely flabbergasted as to how I could miss such a great anime.

The ending was absolutely epic, I even teared a bit when the OP song came in during the understudy's concert.

If you ask me, Chieri is getting Center Nova, Nagisa doesn't have that... air around her, despite being a great idol and stuff.

I loved this, all the songs are great, and mechas to boot...

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 10:15   Link #2609
sa547
*Author

Welcome aboard. Probably one of this year's truly underrated shows, and also perhaps the most straightforward Okada-penned storytelling since Toradora.
Old 2012-11-18, 13:02   Link #2610
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
It may indeed be a play on it, as the Japanese "maiami" sounds basically the same as Miami in English.

Well, giving it a try (in italic comments by me):
Food she likes: Cherries not prepared in the Japanese way, センマイ刺し (omasum slices?), ramen.
Food she dislikes: While she would say "None~", on reality she hates natto (she doesn't really hide it).
Excels at: Japanese Calligraphy 3-dan (a very high level which seems to means she has advanced teaching license for itO.o), sewing, decoration.
Dislikes: Ramen restaurants designed to be gloomy (おしゃれっぽく薄暗く演出されたラーメン屋 if anyone want to give a better trans).
Treasures: The clothes she received from her mother.
Sweet, maybe you can do Nyan Nyan as well if you can.
Old 2012-11-18, 14:37   Link #2611
chaosprophet

Looking around there is a few inconsistencies between the mangas and anime. I wonder if it means the AKB0048 mangas are supposed to be spin-offs you shouldn't really consider for the main storyline or just some lack of communication between the manga writers and the anime staff that let some things pass.

For instance in the Heart Gata manga Tsubasa already became a manager even thought Acchan have yet to disappear. In Episode 0, which happens 7 years before the anime Sae the 10th appears even though the anime told us she only joined AKB0048 around one year before the anime, around 6 years after the events in EP0. In the Gaiden manga (10 years prior to the anime) Yui-han the 6th and Mii-chan the 6th are both members of 00 even though the anime said Yui the 6th was a center before Miichan the 5th.

Quote:
Sweet, maybe you can do Nyan Nyan as well if you can.
Sorry but just to do that few lines for Mimori took me a couple of hours. That level is really beyond me.
Old 2012-11-18, 15:13   Link #2612
Kazu-kun

^ Yeah, another inconstancy is that Furea is supposed to be center nova in the episode 0 manga but her portrait is not amount the other center novae at the girls' dormitory.

I think the manga are not canon, or from a separate canon than the anime.
Old 2012-11-18, 16:57   Link #2613
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
^ Yeah, another inconstancy is that Furea is supposed to be center nova in the episode 0 manga but her portrait is not amount the other center novae at the girls' dormitory.

I think the manga are not canon, or from a separate canon than the anime.
There is also how on Episode 0 they comment about having team A, B and K besides the top Senbatsu class. While in the anime glossary says there is basically just one team because of the lack of successors (but then this part could be explained that 7 years ago AKB00 was in a better situation and had a higher number of idols).

Also the way Episode 0 puts it, it kinda seems like on it only Maeda Atsuko successors are centers, which we know isn't true on anime.
Old 2012-11-18, 17:05   Link #2614
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Looking around there is a few inconsistencies between the mangas and anime. I wonder if it means the AKB0048 mangas are supposed to be spin-offs you shouldn't really consider for the main storyline or just some lack of communication between the manga writers and the anime staff that let some things pass.

For instance in the Heart Gata manga Tsubasa already became a manager even thought Acchan have yet to disappear. In Episode 0, which happens 7 years before the anime Sae the 10th appears even though the anime told us she only joined AKB0048 around one year before the anime, around 6 years after the events in EP0. In the Gaiden manga (10 years prior to the anime) Yui-han the 6th and Mii-chan the 6th are both members of 00 even though the anime said Yui the 6th was a center before Miichan the 5th.

Sorry but just to do that few lines for Mimori took me a couple of hours. That level is really beyond me.
Well give me the scan of Nyan Nyan, I could probably do a rough translation of her interests.
Old 2012-11-18, 19:17   Link #2615
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Nagisa and Chieri figurines by Tamashii Nations.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 19:54   Link #2616
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

OMG THAT CHIERI.

Arty

Old 2012-11-18, 20:02   Link #2617
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
OMG THAT CHIERI.
There's larger picture of that Chieri figure in this post if you're interested. It's the prototype so it's bit unfinished though.
Old 2012-11-18, 20:54   Link #2618
chaosprophet

Just rewatched the last episode of the first season. Such a great episode where many of the girls were able to shine! I'm getting really pumped up for second season... a pity there is still one month and a half before it starts airing.

Quote:
Well give me the scan of Nyan Nyan, I could probably do a rough translation of her interests.
Quote:
Yes, I'm planning to do so. But my copy of vol 4 is taking awfully long to arrive. Also when I get vol 4th I will try to get them all scanned (if I get all 4 together I can get a discount for the number of pages when scanning).
Old 2012-11-18, 21:13   Link #2619
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Only one month? God I'm glad I only just finished watching this.

And I agree, I've been rewatching the last episode for it's absolute epicness. Part B is just off the charts with glow.

And doing the OP again, just threw me into tears and shivers. I didn't think that idol stuff was for me but this was just extremely well done.

I keep saying I'm glad I picked this up.

Bring on season 2!

Arty

Old 2012-11-19, 00:18   Link #2620
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Just rewatched the last episode of the first season. Such a great episode where many of the girls were able to shine! I'm getting really pumped up for second season... a pity there is still one month and a half before it starts airing.
I forgot that, sorry about that. But yeah second season I am anticipating to solve Chieri's personal issues.

Spoiler for More Trouble for the Rabbit Hole:

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime