AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2018-02-23, 21:37   Link #1
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Chinese Animation

So I have been wondering, since we have lately gotten quite a few animation adaptions of chinese novels and/or chinese webtoons, whose original versions were allowed, or at least tolerated on Animesuki in the Web Novels/Manga section. I have been wondering if the same couldn't possibly apply to the animated versions?

Of course, should that be allowed, I'd also like to know if it is only limited to anime-like adaptions, or also to the 3D Final Fantasy series-cutscene-like/FFVII-AC-movie-like animation?

I am asking this because I noticed that there appears to be no forum where those adaptions are being discussed. I am aware that many of the chinese novel discussions have been waning ever since a certain site (which I don't want to directly name here, because I don't know whether the admins/mods would be fine with it or not) started becoming popular and have almost entirely migrated the CN discussing-audience over to that site, leaving behind mostly just discussions for less popular JP WNs/LNs (and those not very popular on that other site, like Death March), with a few KR ones mixed in, but CN novels feel like they have disappeard from Animesuki forums almost entirely.

Now the main point: While that other site seems to be the main focus for CN novels, they appearently strongly neglect the animation adaptions of them, at least as far as I can see, the only thing they talk about over there is about nothing but whether or not the "3D" is good or not, there is almost no discussion about the content whatsover and much of those discussions make me feel like I have been watching something entirely different from the others.

So, I am curious, what does the staff think about this? What do my fellow AS-forum users say? What does everyone think about chinese animation and whether or not it should be allowed into the anime section?
Old 2018-02-23, 21:56   Link #2
bakato

Why not?The reason they're not getting more hype is, in my opinion, a matter of advertisement and hype. Announcements for Chinese anime are hard to come by. Heck, I only find out about most of them through some thread someone else made.
Old 2018-02-24, 13:14   Link #3
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

We don't really discriminate, it's just hard to place stuff sometimes. We're primarily a forum for Japanese media, but that doesn't mean we're exclusive to it if our members are interested. Are there specific examples you're thinking of?

Also, feel free to PM me that site.
Old 2023-10-02, 17:19   Link #4
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I'd like to revisit this topic, please. Since 2018 a lot more Chinese anime ("donghua") have become available. Bilibili has its own site and also a YouTube channel, and some series are even showing up on Crunchyroll. Has the time come to include them here?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-05, 01:07   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
I'd like to revisit this topic, please. Since 2018 a lot more Chinese anime ("donghua") have become available. Bilibili has its own site and also a YouTube channel, and some series are even showing up on Crunchyroll. Has the time come to include them here?
As was said above (over 5 years ago), I don't think we're against it at all, but someone just needs to create a thread. If there's a particular show you're interested in discussing, feel free to start one.
Old 2023-10-08, 14:34   Link #6
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
As was said above (over 5 years ago), I don't think we're against it at all, but someone just needs to create a thread. If there's a particular show you're interested in discussing, feel free to start one.
Thanks. Where should I put it? In the regular anime thread or somewhere else?
Old 2023-10-09, 19:08   Link #7
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Thanks. Where should I put it? In the regular anime thread or somewhere else?
If it's an upcoming series (yet to air), you can put it in that sub-forum. If it is currently airing, since you can't post it directly in Current Series, you could post it either in Upcoming or General Anime and then report the post to ask us to move it. I wouldn't necessarily recommend creating threads for past shows unless they're part of major franchises, as it might not get much traction.

Otherwise, if you don't think there will be enough discussion about any one given show, you could create a general-purpose thread in the General Anime forum to discuss Chinese original animation.
Old 2023-10-09, 22:32   Link #8
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Got it. Thanks!

Tags
animation, chinese, chinese animation, non-japanese animation