2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-19, 07:02   Link #41
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Funny you should say that, because I recolored the Legilis in Ghirarga colors right after episode 43 aired.

Spoiler:

Incidently, a protip for anyone thinking about it in the future: It is not easy turning white to another color.
That looks awesome. I really hope it gets a new colour now. Zeheart, Asemu and Woolf are the best character in AG after all.
Old 2012-08-19, 07:10   Link #42
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I hope they keep the Legilis's colors the same. Thing looks dreadful in red, uh no offense Kuroi, lol.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 07:18   Link #43
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Not much I can do about that; unless you meant the pink. In which case, blame it on the Ghirarga.
I know I know. Just saying. Though I'm a fan of red themed mobile suits, I hope they can make it better than that. Hopefully, color pallets won't be the same as Ghiraga's.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 07:22   Link #44
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

The way AGE is heading, it would be difficult to conclude the story fulfillingly. Kio's ideals will ultimately prevail, Project Eden's madness will be stopped in its track, but just as Ezelcant said, humans will never stop warring among themselves. There's no plan to uphold the fragile peace at the end of the war - no Celestial Being and a lot of people with hatred, vengence - the recipe for renewed hostilities. Like Seed, the misunderstandings between two hostile groups will not be resolved, simply because there's too much bad blood in the way of harmony and reconciliation.

Also, I find the beliefs of Gundam protagonists in recent times troubling. They trumpet the ideal of understanding, that they will not kill - but from another point of view, it is cowardice - the fear to swallow the guilt and responsibility of taking lives that will bring the war to a swift conclusion, thereby minimizing the number of sacrifices made. UC protagonists were more straightforward - killing was inevitable. And this added a level of complexity to their character - the dilemma in killing.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 07:48   Link #45
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

That depends Perses, in 00 for example we saw all three big blocks put their hatred aside for a common goal, in this case, it could be the EXA-DB and Shido.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 09:06   Link #46
KallebRulez

Wow, I love that someone actually thought this episode was torturous.. LMAO. That was episode 43 NOT 44..
I'm actually glad they gave a little more character development in this episode. This episode is a major leap from the last episode that was wasted on a throw-away pilot. Y_Y Overall, I liked this episode. Here's to hoping next week is also another great week.

P.S. That 1 week hiatus was worth it haha.

Also, I'm not liking the whole head-cockpit thing on the Legilis. It looks so weird on a gundam.(The Psycho Gundams pulled it off because it was in the faceplate) but this one.. is just.. UGH
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/File:Legilis_head_view.jpg

Last edited by KallebRulez; 2012-08-19 at 09:19.
KallebRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 09:49   Link #47
larethian

OMG, Flit getting command of the Federation forces... Well, I guess that's a plot-device convenience for him to turn back from would-be exterminator to old Flit savior-wannabe.

Asem FTW as usual.

Zeheart got converted to Ezelcant cult lol. Though my guess is that he will abandon Project Eden in the end.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 10:50   Link #48
Justin_Brett

Anyone remember when Feddies followed the rules of war?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 10:57   Link #49
Yusei Fudo
Banned

Spoiler for About Sid:
Yusei Fudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 12:36   Link #50
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post

Also, I find the beliefs of Gundam protagonists in recent times troubling. They trumpet the ideal of understanding, that they will not kill - but from another point of view, it is cowardice - the fear to swallow the guilt and responsibility of taking lives that will bring the war to a swift conclusion, thereby minimizing the number of sacrifices made. UC protagonists were more straightforward - killing was inevitable. And this added a level of complexity to their character - the dilemma in killing.
Well, adding 0.001% casualties of war with your hands on grunts conventionally won't make much of a difference as long as the battle is won, so at least Kira gets things done. I don't know why Kio bothers talking with Reina and Fram so much when he just shot down the grunts.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 12:55   Link #51
quagmire

When did Zeheart get the recording between Ezelcant and Kio talking about Project Eden? I imagine he didn't get the Legilis until after the talk with Ezelcant. The only way I can see him getting it is if Asemu shot another message capsule onto Zehearts torn up MS when it retreated containing the AGE 3's recorder.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 13:11   Link #52
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Well, adding 0.001% casualties of war with your hands on grunts conventionally won't make much of a difference as long as the battle is won, so at least Kira gets things done. I don't know why Kio bothers talking with Reina and Fram so much when he just shot down the grunts.
If you're gonna talk with someone you'd probably want to make it a higher ranked officer and squad leader and not just a lower ranked pilot. That much actually makes sense to me.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 13:50   Link #53
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Thoughts on this episode:

Flit's opinion/order that the Vagan soldiers should be executed instead of being transferred to Earth is now officially over the line with him in command and this must be pointed out. However the next scene does show that he can still be reasoned with and let real justice be carried out even when he isn't happy about it, the key here is that he doesn't force it even when he does have the power to do so, so he's definitely not completely over the cliff and the story has left room for him to come back to less angry ways.

Zeheart succeeding Ezeclant's Project Eden despite knowing the truth is very worrying but not surprising considering how brainwashed he is, yet more proof that he is just as bad as the others in being selective with who gets to live despite his pretty words. Also just because you don't want to become the leader of the new Eden doesn't make the execution of the plan to weed out weak people any less evil and funny Zeheart doesn't get that (but not really, since he did lead that attack on the civilians, his moral compass is just wacked for a lack of a better word), and making him appear heroic is just really really bad writing. Unless he has a different plan he wants to execute than Ezelcant's original Project Eden I don't see how he can redeem himself in my books.

Kio talks about talking and understanding and one of the lines he said during his confrontation with Flit was that "I won't change my ways!" and later thinks about how him and Flit is different and he can't understand Flit, I don't think he got the huge irony in his own speech and why his way isn't working when he is having trouble even understanding his own grandfather and Kio himself is so dead set on his own methods. There's really only one way Kio can get out of his dilemma - Kio should take a lesson from the White Devil - not Amuro but Nanoha - "befriend" them by beating your enemy to a pulp first while sparing their life then talk later, it's much more effective, srsly.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2012-08-19 at 15:58.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 14:52   Link #54
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusei Fudo View Post
Spoiler for About Sid:
Spoiler for Regarding manga:
Old 2012-08-19, 14:56   Link #55
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Improved tech tends to get smaller, too.
Old 2012-08-19, 14:59   Link #56
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post

Zeheart succeeding Ezeclant's Project Eden despite knowing the truth is very worrying but not surprising considering how brainwashed he is, yet more proof that he is just as bad as the others in being selective with who gets to live despite his pretty words. Also just because you don't want to become the leader of the new Eden doesn't make the execution of the plan to weed out weak people any less evil and funny Zeheart doesn't get that (but not really, since he did lead that attack on the civilians, his moral compass is just wacked for a lack of a better word), and making him appear heroic is just really really bad writing. Unless he has a different plan he wants to execute than Ezelcant's original Project Eden I don't see how he can redeem himself in my books.
To me there's very little difference between Zeheart and Anavel Gato at this point. Both are natural leaders that are hailed as heroes within their enclaves, but have basically sold their ambition and talents to mad men who they've been brainwashed into thinking are these great pillars of justice and morality. The major difference of course is that Anavel Gato actually succeeded in accomplishing most of his objectives throught Stardust Memory while Zeheart has been set up to fail up to this point and just seems to have accepted this since he seems to put the Eden Project ahead of personal pride. Now that he's calling the shots I guess we'll get to see the true measure of the man. Is he just a slave to Ezelcant's ideals or is he really the person Fram seems to think he is. Right now it looks all but confirmed to be the former which kind of makes Fram out to be a bit of a fool IMO.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 15:33   Link #57
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
it is cowardice - the fear to swallow the guilt and responsibility of taking lives that will bring the war to a swift conclusion, thereby minimizing the number of sacrifices made.
One man's action in a battle does not have a significant affect in the number of sacrifices made in the war unless it was a battle that would determine whether the war would continue. Even then, it would be in reaching the objective of that battle, not whether that soldier killed/spared the enemies during the battle, that would determine whether the war ends.
Quote:
UC protagonists were more straightforward - killing was inevitable. And this added a level of complexity to their character - the dilemma in killing.
If they've resigned themselves that killing is inevitable in war, then where is the dilemma?

On the other hand, if you still think you could've spared your enemies, then there is a dilemma when you are forced to kill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
If you're gonna talk with someone you'd probably want to make it a higher ranked officer and squad leader and not just a lower ranked pilot. That much actually makes sense to me.
it doesn't to me. They're high ranked officers/squad leaders only in the hierarchy of their military organization. Trying to talk them into not fighting removes that distinction, should they agree with you.

There's also the probability that the higher ranked officers are the ones who would be less likely to listen. The lower ranked soldiers are the ones who are just there to fight for their people.

But, as it stands, it simply creates a double standard in Kio's approach for no apparent reason other than for the X-Rounder factor. It would be a different matter had Kio tried to talk to multiple enemies at once, maybe even a whole squad, rather than an individual.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 16:05   Link #58
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
To me there's very little difference between Zeheart and Anavel Gato at this point. Both are natural leaders that are hailed as heroes within their enclaves, but have basically sold their ambition and talents to mad men who they've been brainwashed into thinking are these great pillars of justice and morality. The major difference of course is that Anavel Gato actually succeeded in accomplishing most of his objectives throught Stardust Memory while Zeheart has been set up to fail up to this point and just seems to have accepted this since he seems to put the Eden Project ahead of personal pride. Now that he's calling the shots I guess we'll get to see the true measure of the man. Is he just a slave to Ezelcant's ideals or is he really the person Fram seems to think he is. Right now it looks all but confirmed to be the former which kind of makes Fram out to be a bit of a fool IMO.
I think Zeheart will honor Ezelcant's last wishes but not in the way Ezelcant said he wanted. He'll create Eden with Kio's help by saving lives, not killing a lot of people.
Old 2012-08-19, 17:00   Link #59
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Ezcelant tends to be a guy who has a plan inside a plan.

So.... the question is if he's got something to make sure Zeheart is kept in line. No way he would just hand over the reins and such unless he was 150% sure it would succeed.

Quote:
Kio talks about talking and understanding and one of the lines he said during his confrontation with Flit was that "I won't change my ways!" and later thinks about how him and Flit is different and he can't understand Flit, I don't think he got the huge irony in his own speech and why his way isn't working when he is having trouble even understanding his own grandfather and Kio himself is so dead set on his own methods. There's really only one way Kio can get out of his dilemma - Kio should take a lesson from the White Devil - not Amuro but Nanoha - "befriend" them by beating your enemy to a pulp first while sparing their life then talk later, it's much more effective, srsly.
There's no way I can be the only one that sees the issue with the "talking and understanding"

This war was started because a group of people were abandoned to die, then one of their leader's lost their son and decided to enact some Destiny-plan to weed out the weak. This wasn't because an Earth Battleship opened fire by accident on a Vagan Civilian ship with high ranking personal.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2012-08-19 at 18:31.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 18:57   Link #60
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Not sure if it's just me but... Syd looks absolutely craptacular in animated form. Definitely not a wise design choice :/
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion