AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-09-01, 09:37   Link #1421
Nagumo
Random Translator

SSX1

18 – Fire

Subaru: Uwa, this is so delicious!
Erio: Yer!
Subaru: Since we’re here, why don’t we get seconds?
Erio: Let’s go! Excuse me, could I get seconds of this? Lots of it please!
Alto: Whoa… As always I’m surprised at how much those two can eat.
Caro: I wonder if the reason why those two grow so tall/big is because they eat so much.
Alto: I don’t think Caro shouldn’t imitate them though…
Announcement: Dear customers an announcement. The upper floors of the south coast/beach Belleri Hotel is suffering from the outbreak of a large-scale fire. There is no danger of the fire spreading throughout the building itself but customers heading towards the south coast/beach should be careful.
Erio: A fire… nearby?
Caro: A hotel by the coast/beach… you think it means that big black building?
Alto: That’s a really fancy/high class hotel… That reminds me, isn’t the upper floors of that place is supposed to members only?
Subaru: There should be five rescue/disaster prevention equipment deployed… but why a place like that? (bad translation) Mach Calibre!
Mach Calibre: All right…
Subaru: The rescue teams have been sent but… the fire level is a… FOUR?! That is a huge fire!
Erio: Subaru-san!
Caro: Let’s go help out!
Subaru: Sorry you two, but please!
E+C: Roger!
Alto: Off duty members of 108th might be called in too. Sorry, but I gotta go too. I’ll pay the bill, so the mages should go on ahead.
Erio: Sorry about this.
Subaru: Sorry, Alto.
Caro: We’re going now!
Alto: Once everything is over, let’s meet afterwards again!
E+C+S: Okay!
Old 2008-09-01, 10:07   Link #1422
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
Subaru: Oh yea, because you’re a King. Then I guess I should use ‘your highness’ for you. Though the Sankt Kaiser doesn’t like it when I do.
Ixpellia: Sankt Kaiser? You can’t possibly mean the Sankt Kaiser of Belka?
Subaru: I’ve forgotten what (ordinal) number she is though. I’m friends with her.
Ixpellia: You’re lying…
Subaru: I’m not lying. She’s my online/e-mail friend and if I visit her, we have tea together.
I love it how Subaro goes Vivio = Sankt Kaiser!

Thanks for the translation Nagumo!
Old 2008-09-01, 10:12   Link #1423
Nagumo
Random Translator

SSX1

15 – By Alto’s Car

Weather Woman: It is now June 25, 2 p.m. This is the weather forecast for Central Midchilda today. The morning’s rain will continue/intensify this afternoon, but from early evening to night-time it will simply be cloudy with a little drizzle here and there.
Caro: As we expected, Mid is full of people.
Erio: It sure is… Um, Subaru-san and Alto-san is supposed to come and pick us up but…
Subaru: Erio! Caro!
Alto: Over here! Over here!
Caro: Hello everyone!
Erio: It’s been awhile!
Subaru: Yeah, I know it’s been a… Urg, wha?!… huh?! What the, did you two get a whole lot taller?!
Caro: Um, I think I’m the same as always, but Erio has gotten a lot taller.
Erio: Um, a little bit taller…
Subaru: Er, no, no, no. I looked at all your videos and pictures you sent but… look, look when we compare each other (look, look when we stand close to each other).
Alto: Ah ahahah. The difference between Erio’s height to Subaru’s is just a good half a head.
Erio: Um, not at all!
Subaru: Yes it is! I’ve only grown a little in height in the meantime.
Alto: Oh I’m so envious. As might be expected of a guy!
Subaru: Oh, Caro your height and hair has grown longer.
Alto: You’re starting to look like an adult. The ribbon looks really good on you.
Caro: Thank you very much.
Subaru: Is the fluffy looking hair tip curls a part of the set/look too?
Caro: Oh those are natural. If I let my hair grow, the ends of my hair seems to curl.
Subaru: Oh, that’s so nice. It’s so cute!!
Erio: Oh, this car… is it Alto-san’s?
Alto: Yes it is! A vintage car I dug up/found. Oh, finding it and repairing it was such a painful experience!
Caro: It’s kinda of cute.
Alto: Ain’t it?!
Erio: Tea-san’s… still working/at her job, right?
Subaru: Yup, she’s staying over tonight at my place though, so you can see her in the evening.
E+C: Yes.
Alto: Well then, going to the Marine Garden on the first day is great but it looks like the weather’s isn’t going to cooperate with us.
Subaru: Why don’t we walk around and do a Mid coastal delicacy eating tour then?
Erio: I approve!!
Caro: Please do!
Subaru: YES!
Alto: Then I guess we’ll put the luggage on the back.
E+C: Thank you!
Old 2008-09-01, 10:58   Link #1424
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
I love it how Subaro goes Vivio = Sankt Kaiser!

Thanks for the translation Nagumo!
More and more people keep doing so. First Deed, then Otto, and now Subaru? At first I thought it was just a thing for Otto and Deed, a remaining memory of Jail calling Vivio a king, but now it looks as if the Church may have steered things along.

It looks like we can just keep going "Just as planned" doesn't it Kha? :3

Thanks for the translations Nagumo!
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 11:00   Link #1425
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

[Burns] Eeeeexcellent. [/Burns]

I had reservations, but no more now. >=3
Old 2008-09-01, 12:56   Link #1426
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Many thanks for the translation Nagumo, so do you think Carim and the Church are spreading the word about Vivio or are they trying to keep everything under wrap ?
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 13:30   Link #1427
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The church worships the Sankt Kaiser, and since Otto calls her like that in public, I'd say they're spreading the word rather then keep it under wraps.
Old 2008-09-01, 14:19   Link #1428
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The church worships the Sankt Kaiser, and since Otto calls her like that in public, I'd say they're spreading the word rather then keep it under wraps.
So basically the church worships...

Spoiler for DON'T OPEN CONTAINS PLOT SPOILER:

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 14:34   Link #1429
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Taken from this page:

Saint Church: The largest religion in Dimensional Space. Originating from the Ancient Belka era, when they received the prophecy, the teachings spread until they became the Saint King religion. Afterwards, due to his great works, now the worship is on the Saint King himself. There are differences in doctrine depending on world and region, but regulations are loose compared to other religions, and is one of the factors for it having many casual believers. The beauty of the churches also makes them famous as tourist attractions, with the HQ in the Belkan Autonomus Region being a traditional tourist attraction and a favorite marriage ceremony location for the young.

Translation courtesy of Arkhangelsk, so yes, the Saint Church worships the Saint King, and since Vivio is the Saint King, they now worship Vivio.
Old 2008-09-01, 14:53   Link #1430
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Quote:
Saint Church: The largest religion in Dimensional Space. Originating from the Ancient Belka era, when they received the prophecy, the teachings spread until they became the Saint King religion.
Sounds like a Self-fulfilling prophecy to me.

Quote:
The beauty of the churches also makes them famous as tourist attractions, with the HQ in the Belkan Autonomus Region being a traditional tourist attraction and a favorite marriage ceremony location for the young.
I wonder, do they do same-sex marriages (NanoFate, SubaruTeana)?

Quote:
Translation courtesy of Arkhangelsk, so yes, the Saint Church worships the Saint King, and since Vivio is the Saint King, they now worship Vivio.
Wouldn't that make Vivio a "Saint Queen", since she's a girl?

Old 2008-09-01, 15:12   Link #1431
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivio Testarossa View Post
Sounds like a Self-fulfilling prophecy to me.
Hey, if it works, it works.

Quote:
I wonder, do they do same-sex marriages (NanoFate, SubaruTeana)?
Wouldn't know, but I do know comparing it to our religions doesn't work. It's allready too vastly different. And the article does state the church has loose regulations.

Quote:
Technically yes, but I'm too used to terms like Saint King or Sankt Kaiser. Probably why I prefer to use the term 'Seiou' since its ambigous.
Old 2008-09-01, 15:51   Link #1432
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Well... mabye the titel of "Sankt Kaiser" was not sex specific in ancient Belka.
Old 2008-09-01, 15:55   Link #1433
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Well... mabye the titel of "Sankt Kaiser" was not sex specific in ancient Belka.
I actually got that feeling too as I translated the drama cds. The fact that refer to Ixpellia as "king" also gives evidence that the title King or Kaiser, etc were not gender specific.
Old 2008-09-01, 15:58   Link #1434
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

So this is a case of German Engrish... you know, with Engrish they mixed up the L with an R, would that make German 'Gelman?'
Old 2008-09-01, 16:28   Link #1435
Nagumo
Random Translator

SSX1

23 – Subaru’s Room: Erio and Caro

Caro: Okay, the hotpot is about done I think.
Erio: Caro, Subaru says she coming home soon.
Caro: I see. I’m done over here, so why don’t you take it easy Erio-kun.
Erio: Yeah, thanks. Are you continuing to write about illness/diseases? (bad translation: shippeitsu)
Caro: Oh no, I’m just writing a diary right now.
Erio: Oh yeah, you’ve writing in it all the time lately.
Caro: Yeah, I’ve written about Subaru-san and Tea-san.
Erio: I see.
Caro: You know, before this, the work of the rescue teams was pretty vague/obscure and a job saving lives seemed really amazing but… Working to save lives means seeing/experiencing people dying often…
Erio: That is true…
Caro: Subaru-san is a gentle person… I’m sure it’s really hard on her.
Erio: Yeah…
Subaru: I’m home!
Caro: Welcome home!
Erio: Welcome home!
Subaru: Heh heh, sorry for making you wait.
Erio: No problem.
Subaru: Whoa, what’s this wonderful smell?!
Caro: Since you had leave in the middle of your meal, we were sure you were hungry during dispatch.
Subaru: Oh, you mean you made dinner! Sorry about that!
Erio: This is Caro’s popular Conservation Corps specialty camp stew.
Caro: I made it with brown sauce and Mobile Six’s specialty seasoning.
Erio: There’s also sukiyaki bread (bread stuffed with sukiyaki meat). I made these.
Subaru: Oh it has that just right butter smell. It looks so good!
Erio: I’ve made a lot of dough, so we can have it fresh for tomorrow’s breakfast.
Subaru: Thanks you two!!!
Old 2008-09-01, 16:31   Link #1436
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

That made me hungry. Thanks for the translations Nagumo!

markesellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 18:47   Link #1437
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Alright twerps... here's something:

Nano-Gear, Lyrical.

GAME OVER (Nanoha's friends freak out.)

There are four possible game over sounds.

((Considering the number of continues... this person sucks at Nano-Gear.)
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 19:50   Link #1438
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Alright twerps... here's something:

Nano-Gear, Lyrical.

GAME OVER (Nanoha's friends freak out.)

There are four possible game over sounds.

((Considering the number of continues... this person sucks at Nano-Gear.)
That was a interesting soundtrack... though the different "Game over sounds" sound too similar...

Old 2008-09-01, 20:04   Link #1439
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
That was a interesting soundtrack... though the different "Game over sounds" sound too similar...
Well, if you played Metal Gear, it'd make sense. You die, and you get a codec call from one of your allies, and they freak out because 'snake' won't answer. But there are something like, six versions per person and five different people who will freak out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6QWC...eature=related

But I didn't find much usable material. I managed to patch two Yuuno ones together from about four seperate episodes.

Personally, my favorite is number 2, Yuuno freaking out...

"Nanoha? Nanoha daijobou!? Nanoha?! NANOHA!!!"

[>CONTINUE< - END]

*click*

RH: "Alright."
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 20:01   Link #1440
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
Many thanks for the translation Nagumo, so do you think Carim and the Church are spreading the word about Vivio or are they trying to keep everything under wrap ?
Sorry for the late reply, I had been thinking over your question regarding whether the Church and Carim are actively spreading the word about Vivio or if they are trying to keep it under wraps…

I don’t see any evidence canonically, be it by cd drama or anime or manga, of the Church or Carim going out of their way and announcing the return of the Sankt Kaiser. That being said, you do have to remember that Vivio the moeblob was the fuel/controller of the Cradle and involved in a worldwide terrorist act, even if she was rather reluctant. I mean, you just can’t cover up things like that.

Now, unless the TSAB has wonderful information controls to hide facts about Vivio and the media on Midchilda are absolutely incompetent, I’m willing to bet that the media of Midchilda was all over the story and managed to find out a bit about Vivio and her role. Figuring out or positing that she is a clone of the Sankt Kaiser since the legendary Cradle, a weapon only useable by those who possess the blood of the Sankt Kaiser.

The knowledge that the legendary weapons of the Ancient Belkan War could only be controller by the “Kings” seems to be common knowledge. So add two and two together, you get four. Massive legendary weapon, check. Known to be only controlled by the Belkan Sankt Kaiser, check. Child rescued from the place and adopted by Nanoha, etc, etc… Well ain’t that suspicious?

You also forget that the Church is… well… how the Japanese probably see Christianity as with their own Shinto influences thrown in. Worshiping a person as a ‘kami’ (I’m reluctant to use the English word, god, because it has a loaded and nuanced word to most people) is not at all unusual in Shinto. I mean, this is a country that used to worship the Emperor as a kami during World War 2.

Also when people die in Japan, they are regarded as ‘hotoke’ or literally, became a Buddha. Not because they’ve become enlightened but because they’ve died and become ‘kami’, worthy of worship as ancestor spirits on their family altars. It wouldn’t too much of a stretch if the person was impressive enough they’ll worship the person after death as a god. I mean, take a look at the Chinese god Guan Yu. An actual once living man and general who lived during the Three Kingdoms period, died and has become a popularly worshipped as a deity of loyalty and righteousness.

I’ve even met a physical ‘kami’ in Japan that happened to be in the form of a person as I traveled throughout Shikoku during my 88 temple pilgrimage. You want to know who she is? A granny who is, if still alive, over a hundred years old and has gone completely senile. A phase where the person has now become a ‘kami’ because they no longer inhabit the real world but the domain of the gods in their old age in the view of the older members of the family who takes care of her. But really, it just means she’s not all there and the old superstitions of where her mind/spirit (kokoro) is wandering about when she’s not all there is in play.

It would not be surprised if people started putting Vivio into their prayers because they regard her as the ‘kami’ of the Church. She is the ‘kami’ made flesh and currently walks amongst them as a human once again.

Tags
music