AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-10-31, 02:49   Link #4961
Mercurius

Thank you Witch-Hunt for a very Halloween-appropriate release with the partial patch. Just about ready to start into Episode 7. However just wanted to point out a potential bug. I was going through Episode 6 ??? to refresh myself with where we last left our heroes, and on both the installer and non-installer versions, the game quits to the desktop at the end of the chapter.

This is on a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 machine running with Japanese as the system locale. I am also using the ons.cfg to set my width to 2133 (for a 30" monitor). Please let me know if you need more repro information.
Old 2010-10-31, 02:53   Link #4962

Mercurius: Could you paste the contents of stderr.txt and stdout.txt, after this crash has occured? They're stored in %APPDATA%\ONScripter-EN , you can copy-paste that location into the address bar in explorer.
Message is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 03:32   Link #4963
Mercurius

Below is the outputs from the crash in EP. 6 ???? you requested:
Spoiler for stderr.txt:

Spoiler for stdout.txt:

Another thing to note is that I had text speed = 3.
Old 2010-10-31, 04:00   Link #4964
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Ok, I looked at the Ep7 script, and in the Ep6 ???? chapter code I found a bug near the end - not sure if it's the one causing your problem, but it should be fixed anyway. I sent the details to chronotrig so it'll get taken care of tomorrow.

Uncle Mion
Sonozaki Futagotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 04:25   Link #4965
moichispa
Endless witch

Thank you so much!! and happy halloween!!

I will play it somehow for sure
Old 2010-10-31, 07:24   Link #4966
goldenlove27
Tortured Pet

Curse me for being sick... I received the news late.
Thank you guys for your hard work. This will help me and get better real fast.
Thank you again.
goldenlove27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 08:46   Link #4967
Zero Sora

I went to check out Episode 6's ??? just to see if I have the same crashing problem, but nothing like that happened. However, after the final line after the credits I did get this for a few seconds before the screen fades to the "Additional elements have unlocked" screen.

Though I am running the game in windowed mode, so I may be able to bypass the reason that causes the crash.

[Edit]

Nope, still no crash even in fullscreen mode. Is it just me, or am I very lucky to never experience problems when installing or playing Witch Hunt's patches?
Zero Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 09:55   Link #4968
Bern-san

just finished playing with the patch
thank you very much guys... always doing such an amazing job!!

could somebody tell the name of the track which was used
Spoiler for ep7patch:
Old 2010-10-31, 10:16   Link #4969
goldenlove27
Tortured Pet

"Bore-ral"

I just finished reading and this was beautiful so far. A majority of my theories were dead on or relatively on point with what was presented in the patch at present. I just wish the patch went on a little farther but is is enough to settle me down for now.

Thank you again Witch-hunt for the opportunity to read Umineko once again. I am again in your debt...
goldenlove27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 12:58   Link #4970
Racheya-sama
Witch of Ambition

Send a message via MSN to Racheya-sama
Oh wow... I'm so pleased to have a patch but SO ANNOYED I CAN'T READ MORE!! Damn you for putting me into an Umineko fever once again, just when I should be revising for a Java test too :P

Ganbatte, Witch-Hunt! We love you so <3

Am I the only one that thinks saying
'Red only tells the truth', to prove that it does, is a bit redundant?

I am Racheya-Beatrice, the Emerald Witch of Ambition
Racheya-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 13:24   Link #4971
chronotrig

A fix has been made for that EP6 ???? bug. You can find the new patch here: [Windows] [Mac] [Other].

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 20:18   Link #4972
Number1-Syaoran-Fan
Your's In Gold, Beatrice

I just wanted you guys to know how much we as a community appreciate the lengths you guys are going to in bringing Umineko to the English masses. The fact that you are doing this for really no payment whatsoever is even more incredible. I just wanted to let you know also tha Witch Hunt's translations are probably the highest quality I have ever read in commercial or fan translations. You are all doing such an amazing job and just wanted to give some kind of support seeing as you aren't recieving any financially.

We love what you're doing and the fact you're doing it is incredible.

"I... I really like your bow."
Number1-Syaoran-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 03:08   Link #4973
zorahk

Chrono I pmed both you and klashikari regarding on if WH needs any bilingual English-Japanese translators and neither of you replied. What gives?
zorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 09:58   Link #4974
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorahk View Post
Chrono I pmed both you and klashikari regarding on if WH needs any bilingual English-Japanese translators and neither of you replied. What gives?
My apologies. With the various stuff coming at us during these last weeks (the download versions of the games, the patch, and mod stuff in my case), I didn't have the time to look into your offer in much details, especially we had other people submitting their help as well.

In any case, right now we have a staff we consider maxed out. We believe that having more people at this point will actually slow us down due to the management and communication issues that would emerge as result.
Should we have any need for more staff members, we will let everyone know. Either way, thanks for the help offer.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-11-01 at 16:42.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 16:34   Link #4975
Acinem
Furudo Erik

few weeks ago i told myself wait for whore translation but today i couldn't resist.. I download it and read it in about 30-45 min.. tnx WH

Last edited by Acinem; 2010-11-01 at 17:18.
Acinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 20:50   Link #4976
Daverost

Read through the partial yesterday. Not bad, but your Will is pretty boring. Not crass enough.
Daverost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 22:22   Link #4977
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
I agree. It totally ruins the believably of a lot of dialogue when you have Will sounding vaguely polite, and then have Lion go "OMG watch your mouth!" It just makes Lion seem like an ornery, uptight jackass instead of a gentle person totally overblown by a guy who speaks like he's only an iota better than some schoolyard thug.
Old 2010-11-01, 23:24   Link #4978
raelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverost View Post
Read through the partial yesterday. Not bad, but your Will is pretty boring. Not crass enough.
I really appreciate you guys' work on the translation, and I can't say how impressed I am you managed to keep Lion gender-neutral - but I do sort of agree with this? Will did come across differently to me from when playing the game in Japanese; it struck me immediately from the opening sequence that in translation he seemed rather tame compared to the original. His rude mannerisms/speech pattern felt like a very distinct trait, at least to my reading, so not having that does give his character something of a different flavor.
raelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 03:10   Link #4979
BuuHuu

thanks so much.
now, umineko 7 has my play piority no. 1. ^_^
BuuHuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 03:54   Link #4980
Sorcerer of Miracles
Game Master

Thank you for the Episode 7.

I think I can't resist and wait for the complete translation X-D

Sorcerer of Miracles is offline   Reply With Quote