AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-11, 03:05   Link #781
kfcpanda

Eh while I like all the heroines, I like Mayumi the most, then Miyuki, then Honoka, then Lina as I haven't really seen too much of her character.

Though it seems like Miyuki's away and by far in the lead atm, right?
Old 2012-05-11, 05:06   Link #782
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

There's no lead or anything since romance is not the focus here, prbably even less then index. Tatsuya has huge siscon though.
Old 2012-05-11, 05:12   Link #783
kfcpanda

Well yeah it's not the focus but figuratively speaking, which one's path has been advanced on the most
Old 2012-05-11, 06:52   Link #784
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
Well yeah it's not the focus but figuratively speaking, which one's path has been advanced on the most
from what I've read, Mayumi has been focused on by the author the most. Honoka is the most direct about her feelings but she has less screentime compared to the other two ladies. Miyuki is actually pretty well developed..., except she's siblings with Tatsuya.
Old 2012-05-11, 07:59   Link #785
iBeScared

Anyone link me to the translations please, summary etc doesn't matter as long as its english T_T
Old 2012-05-11, 08:06   Link #786
EnigmaticAxiom

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...42#post4148242
Arc 5 link was a few posts ago.
Old 2012-05-11, 08:32   Link #787
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
There's no lead or anything since romance is not the focus here, prbably even less then index. Tatsuya has huge siscon though.
Lol, could've fooled me given how that's what almost everybody here talks about
Old 2012-05-11, 08:52   Link #788
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Nothing to do with romance? *lol* Miyuki would disagree. And even Tatsuya is affected, since he very clearly notices how much Miyuki dresses and acts differently with him.

I mean, it's perfectly fine to dislike the pairing, but let's not rewrite history. Heck, even the more subdued behaviour in public between these two causes spectators to blush.

It _matters_, yes. But it doesn't preclude romance.

Belittle the Miyuki Guard at your own risk
I have yet to see Tatsuya look at Miyuki as a member of the opposite sex so what does it matter if spectators blush at their interactions? In the latest summary Tatsuya is still as oblivious as ever to Miyuki so where are you getting that he is affected by her?

Lol are you even listening to yourself, the fact that they're siblings matters but it doesn't preclude romance????

Looks at the Miyuki Guard with their tin helmets, wooden swords and toy guns and yawns " Anytime you're ready"
Old 2012-05-11, 08:58   Link #789
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
The thing is that one of the story's plotline is how Tatsuya regains what was taken away from him by those experiments. He is becoming more human due to the influence of everyone around him i.e. his classmates, and the other people at school. So the romance plotwise is used as a way to measure Tatsuya's growth emotionally I guess.
Old 2012-05-11, 11:03   Link #790
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
I have yet to see Tatsuya look at Miyuki as a member of the opposite sex so what does it matter if spectators blush at their interactions? In the latest summary Tatsuya is still as oblivious as ever to Miyuki so where are you getting that he is affected by her?

Lol are you even listening to yourself, the fact that they're siblings matters but it doesn't preclude romance????

Looks at the Miyuki Guard with their tin helmets, wooden swords and toy guns and yawns " Anytime you're ready"
I believe in Chapter 1 of the LN, it says he has increasing difficulty on where to look at her, since she is become more effeminate. Also, in the nine-schools arc when he is adjusting her CAD, he has the same expression, but when she plays a trick on him, he's clearly flustered. I won't go so far as to say he sees her as a woman, but he does have trouble dealing with her as a woman at times. At the very least, he has more trouble dealing with her in that particular sense than Mayumi or Honoka.
Old 2012-05-11, 11:56   Link #791
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
I believe in Chapter 1 of the LN, it says he has increasing difficulty on where to look at her, since she is become more effeminate. Also, in the nine-schools arc when he is adjusting her CAD, he has the same expression, but when she plays a trick on him, he's clearly flustered. I won't go so far as to say he sees her as a woman, but he does have trouble dealing with her as a woman at times. At the very least, he has more trouble dealing with her in that particular sense than Mayumi or Honoka.
Doesn't seem to bother him anymore according to the latest summary when he was tuning her CAD after her match with Lina so I guess he's getting used to being around girls.
Old 2012-05-11, 12:24   Link #792
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Doesn't seem to bother him anymore according to the latest summary when he was tuning her CAD after her match with Lina so I guess he's getting used to being around girls.
I hope that you even half of understand that you are using summaries to argue against people that have actually read the novel.
Old 2012-05-11, 12:43   Link #793
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
It does bother him to some extent. When she's looking at him, he quickly mentions Lina being a good rival for Miyuki because her breasts are showing through the seams of the gown.
Old 2012-05-11, 13:24   Link #794
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
I hope that you even half of understand that you are using summaries to argue against people that have actually read the novel.
Since that is all I have to go on that's what I'll use. I hope you manage to understand that fact. Besides the summaries are made by people who actually read the novel and I don't think they would have omitted anything important storywise.
Old 2012-05-11, 13:30   Link #795
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
It does bother him to some extent. When she's looking at him, he quickly mentions Lina being a good rival for Miyuki because her breasts are showing through the seams of the gown.
Hmm, that would indicate that he's able to feel desire then. Looks like his emotions are really coming back.
Old 2012-05-11, 13:56   Link #796
Mentar
Banned

Ooooo, them's fightin words!

Quote:
Well, it's not our fault that you're a sloppy reader. Using summaries is dangerous, since many details are lost, but even in the full translation of volume 1, Tatsuya notices that Miyuki is dressing much more daringly at home than in public. If he was completely oblivious, he wouldn't notice that.

Tatsuya's priority list is 1. Miyuki, 2. Miyuki, 3-8. Miyuki, and only then comes his younger sister. The only times we see him totally lose his calm is when Miyuki is endangered.

Quote:
Obviously. It matters in that Miyuki needs to respect the social implications of being siblings, which is why she can't openly pursue Tatsuya. But that her feelings for Tatsuya have a clear romantic background should be obvious even to someone like you.

Quote:
Does your mommy know what you're doing?
Old 2012-05-11, 14:25   Link #797
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Ooooo, them's fightin words!

Well, it's not our fault that you're a sloppy reader. Using summaries is dangerous, since many details are lost, but even in the full translation of volume 1, Tatsuya notices that Miyuki is dressing much more daringly at home than in public. If he was completely oblivious, he wouldn't notice that.

Tatsuya's priority list is 1. Miyuki, 2. Miyuki, 3-8. Miyuki, and only then comes his younger sister. The only times we see him totally lose his calm is when Miyuki is endangered.

Obviously. It matters in that Miyuki needs to respect the social implications of being siblings, which is why she can't openly pursue Tatsuya. But that her feelings for Tatsuya have a clear romantic background should be obvious even to someone like you.

Does your mommy know what you're doing?
Well, I did miss that part about Tatsuya's reaction to Miyuki so no arguments there

Tatsuya's priorities does seem to indicate that Miyuki is paramount but when you include the fact that she's the recipient for his last remaining emotion I think that his reactions when she's in danger are normal. I would like to see what would happen when he starts to care for other people and they are in danger as well as Miyuki.

It's obvious all right obviously weird.

What I'm doing?? You mean as I laugh off the puny attacks of Miyuki's Guard, although you really shouldn't bring my mother into this as that is kind of offensive.
Old 2012-05-11, 17:29   Link #798
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Since that is all I have to go on that's what I'll use. I hope you manage to understand that fact. Besides the summaries are made by people who actually read the novel and I don't think they would have omitted anything important storywise.
Lol, there's a BIG difference between reading the summaries and reading the actual novel.

Sure you'll get the main idea, but not the finer points that tends to get omitted because well, it's a summary.

There's why no matter how ridiculously difficult it is, I'm pushing myself to go through the Chinese translation rather than the summaries first.
Old 2012-05-11, 18:12   Link #799
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

There's why no matter how ridiculously difficult it is, I'm pushing myself to go through the Chinese translation rather than the summaries first.
lol, good luck with web 5. It's been an utter pain to collect. 4 different translators all working on it at once (web 3 was the same).
Old 2012-05-11, 18:21   Link #800
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
lol, good luck with web 5. It's been an utter pain to collect. 4 different translators all working on it at once (web 3 was the same).
G-Ganbarimasu... !
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings