AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-10-24, 01:45   Link #1481
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

[meromero cute] Draculius

ドラクリウス

Romanji: Draculius

Company: めろめろキュート ("meromero cute")

Release Date: May 25th, 2007

Official site: http://meroq.net/drac/drac_hp_news.html

Getchu: http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=335065

D-Dream: http://pm.d-dream.com/detail.php?arg_tno=4327

(Not safe for work. I also highly recommend not visiting these sites as they contain some images that are spoilerific)

Relatively little-known--it seems--game from meromero cute that came out earlier this year. Today I finally finished the entire game after around 42 to 60 hours of gameplay, over the course of about a week.

It is made of WIN and AWESOME SAUCE.

That's the short version. The long version has been spoiler-boxed for space, images, and convenience:

Spoiler for Full post on Draculius:
Old 2007-10-24, 20:27   Link #1482
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Are there any really good yuri eroge out there? I fear the answer is no, but I'd love to be told otherwise...
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 23:28   Link #1483
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
Are there any really good yuri eroge out there? I fear the answer is no, but I'd love to be told otherwise...
There is a series of yuri eroge games, but I don't know the name. I recognize the art style, that's all (the same as Aki no Urarano's).
Old 2007-10-25, 01:04   Link #1484
Oppius
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
Strawberry Panic PS2 game is a shoujo-ai/yuri eroge that I know but it is more shoujo-ai than yuri because it doesn't have mature-rated scenes.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 04:06   Link #1485
luckyovermind
hungry~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post

ドラクリウス

Why did I think of chrono crusade the instant I saw the game pic?

And what is awesome sauce exactly?
Old 2007-10-25, 06:03   Link #1486
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Quote:
Spoiler:
Honestly, that's the most amusing "praise" I've heard for a game this year from a person.

However, you did get your point across and making the rest of us interested in this.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind View Post
Why did I think of chrono crusade the instant I saw the game pic?

And what is awesome sauce exactly?
You're not the only one.
Spoiler:

EDIT: Also, on another unrelated note... Ar Tonelico 2 is out, baby~!
/me goes off to watch gameplay videos on Nicovideo while waiting for the game copy
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 08:55   Link #1487
-Nyu-
Yozora

Ar Tonelico owns them all
Edit: Some question: Does anyone know from which game these pics are from??

Last edited by -Nyu-; 2007-10-25 at 14:09.
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 14:32   Link #1488
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
However, you did get your point across and making the rest of us interested in this.
Maybe I was a little bit too enthusiastic about this game (especially with the train bit ), but one other guy on a different forum remarked that this was the most awesome visual novel he's read since Fate/Stay Night, which I haven't personally played yet. (yes, booo, the horror, hiss )

The whole train bit was actually inspired by an assessment of the School Days anime by someone on another board I frequent:

Spoiler for space, no anime or game spoilers:

Quote:
The story sounds interesting. Another twist to the vampire myth, even though the cast looks small, compared to other games today.
Indeed, I suppose one could make an argument that having a smaller cast allows you to pack more story into them. I think it doesn't matter whether the cast is big or small as long as they're done right.
Old 2007-10-25, 14:42   Link #1489
SGT.Mitsuki
I'm Darker Than Black
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

ドラクリウス

Official site: http://meroq.net/drac/drac_hp_news.html

Getchu: http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=335065

D-Dream: http://pm.d-dream.com/detail.php?arg_tno=4327

(Not safe for work. I also highly recommend not visiting these sites as they contain some images that are spoilerific)

Relatively little-known--it seems--game from meromero cute that came out earlier this year. Today I finally finished the entire game after around 42 to 60 hours of gameplay, over the course of about a week.

That's the short version. The long version has been spoiler-boxed for space, images, and convenience:

Spoiler for Full post on Draculius:
i dint read anything n only checked out the pics,
ive never played a H Game and i probably never will.
i just hope tha all those H games get made into animes couse god i love it when girls get to run around with guns

looks way cooler than at guys ne ?

besides FSN was a H game too n the anime was awesome so
SGT.Mitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 16:27   Link #1490
-Nyu-
Yozora

You just don't have an idea how much the anime is missing from the game. You should at least try FSN then. There's even a translation patch out for the fate route and a second isn't away to far too.
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 16:32   Link #1491
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I hear FSN is pretty long (around or more than 70 hours total) so be prepared to either reserve a week to marathon it, or play it over the course of a month or so.

AGTH and Atlas may help with the untranslated parts, but because of Nasu's complicated use of Japanese language I wouldn't hope for much success, unfortunately.
Old 2007-10-25, 17:10   Link #1492
SGT.Mitsuki
I'm Darker Than Black
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nyu- View Post
You just don't have an idea how much the anime is missing from the game. You should at least try FSN then. There's even a translation patch out for the fate route and a second isn't away to far too.
Quote:
I hear FSN is pretty long (around or more than 70 hours total) so be prepared to either reserve a week to marathon it, or play it over the course of a month or so.

AGTH and Atlas may help with the untranslated parts, but because of Nasu's complicated use of Japanese language I wouldn't hope for much success, unfortunately.
sigh you guys i already post on the forums during my breaks in between while making mountains of homework,
let stand that i have time for a project like playing a H game xD

'n im embarrest enough im warching H already every now n then outa curiousity :X
its n0t right for me to do! yup ! :X tho i gotta watch something when theres no more normal animes to watch couse ive seen all the eps that are out :X!

anyways jya ne! its gettin late again n i wanna get up early tomorrow for a change!
SGT.Mitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 22:35   Link #1493
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nyu- View Post
Ar Tonelico owns them all
Edit: Some question: Does anyone know from which game these pics are from??
Moldavite, by Clover.
Old 2007-10-26, 01:05   Link #1494
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Lots of games coming out this week, here are the high profile ones. i.e. stuff I preordered(ノ´∀`*)ノ

はるかぜどりに、とまりぎを。
Harukazedorini, Tomarigio.
Skyfish's second project. Very different from their last work, Shirogane no Soleil. First impressions from the demo is promising. As expected, there is a high level of production and polish, the art direction and designs are simply breathtaking. Download the OP from Getchu or the main site to see for yourself.

はっぴぃ☆マーガレット!
Happy☆ Magarette!
I simply love Crossnet. They always excel in the genre, action ADV with Ayakashi, SLG with Maple Colors. Happy☆Magarette! is their pure love entry and, like their previous works, has the making of a great renai game. The character designs are amazingly cute and the CV list is an all star cast with the likes of Sakakibara Yui and Kamimura Hina. The main character is a proper protagonist (thank god), cool and capable. Couple this with the Ojousama school setting and you can sort of see where the influence for this game came from ^^

ツナガル★バングル
Tsunagaru★Bangle
The good news is that the main scenario writer from Happiness! is still here along with three other well known writers. From the demo, I couldn't tell any difference in styles (which is good) and it was very Windmill-ish (good too) with it's fantasy school life setting.

The bad news however, is that the original artist has changed. The new style is leaning a bit toward loli/chibi-ish designs. While I don't mind it, there are some people who are bent on getting こ~ちゃ back. With that said, the active character movement is back and very polished. Just watching how the characters move around the screen is as entertaining as ever.

I'll be picking up my preorder later tonight!
わくわく

√ after and another
H2O 2.0?

√ after and another is re-release of Makura's debut title H2O. Before you go screaming "cash cow", there are some really interesting stuff they added onto the game that explains the full purchase price.

There are updated routes for the original three main characters, Otoha, Hayami, an Hotaru. Basically, some of the plot holes and problems with the latter story are ironed out. The psuedo-ojousama Yui is now a capturable heroine as well as Hamaji (It will be very interesting to see how this turns out ^^). An entirely new character has been added as well as cameos of characters from their next game Sakura no Uta due out soon.

Last edited by Cloudnine; 2007-10-26 at 02:32.
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 01:54   Link #1495
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
ツナガル★バングル
TsunagaruBangle
Windmill has been quiet for a while since Happiness! Re:Lucks working on their next project. The good news is that the main scenario writer from Happiness! is still here along with three other well known writers. From the demo, I couldn't tell any difference in styles (which is good) and it was very Windmill-ish (good too) with it's fantasy school life setting.

The bad news however, is that the original artist has changed. The new style is leaning a bit toward loli/chibi-ish designs. While I don't mind it, there are some people who are bent on gettingこ~ちゃ back. With that said, the active character movement is back and very polished. Just watching how the characters move around the screen is as entertaining as ever.

I'll be picking up my preorder later tonight! わくわく
Despite my misgivings about the new artist/different character designs (first thing I noticed as well), I caved and pre-ordered this one as well. The writing in Happiness was just so fun, and you could just tell from the promo that that hasn't changed one bit. So, I'm sure I'll get used to the character designs and art, and am looking forward to another good story.

(P.S. What the heck happened to the formatting in your post? It's a bbcode disaster! )
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 02:18   Link #1496
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
(P.S. What the heck happened to the formatting in your post? It's a bbcode disaster! )
Fixed! That was weird!

And agreed about Tsunagaru Bangle. The demo was absolutely hilarious! Yuka (voiced by Kimura Ayaka <3 ) has such a quirky and lovable personality (lol@kuma scene!) as with the rest of the awesome cast. Everything just clicks well with this game ^^

Ahh, one more hour till I get out! ε≡≡(ノ´∀`)ノ
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 05:36   Link #1497
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
The bad news however, is that the original artist has changed. The new style is leaning a bit toward loli/chibi-ish designs. While I don't mind it, there are some people who are bent on getting こ~ちゃ back. With that said, the active character movement is back and very polished. Just watching how the characters move around the screen is as entertaining as ever.
From the infos on getchu for this one game, there's apparently 3 artists involved for the game (the first 2 don't seem to have been drawing for any game presented by getchu), the style doesn't seem that loli-ish, except for the blonde loli of course :p (I find the artstyle to be a bit weird though if you ask me)
And 葉賀ユイ>こ~ちゃ.
Old 2007-10-26, 05:42   Link #1498
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:

ドラクリウス

Ok so what are chances of this having a translation patch? It looks awesome, but so pointless if it's only in jap. ._.

edit: Woah after looking at the pics. Is this a dark eroge?
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 05:48   Link #1499
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Indeed, I suppose one could make an argument that having a smaller cast allows you to pack more story into them. I think it doesn't matter whether the cast is big or small as long as they're done right.
Quite right on your idea there. Back then, I thought that less characters meant less chance to screw up on the character relationships, while more time to properly develop all characters.

That was before Ken Akamatsu decided to fully mobilize his 31+ characters in Negima. And that was also before the whole enormous Nasuverse was revealed to me.
Quote:

Nasu really has a penchant for writing really long, yet really intricately complex stories. And that the stories can also have tie-ins with the previous stories Nasu made... (See: The Aozaki sisters and Zelretch. Yeah, that dimension-hopping ubermage.)

Quote:
Lots of games coming out this week, here are the high profile ones. i.e. stuff I preordered(ノ´∀`*)ノ

はるかぜどりに、とまりぎを。
[I] Harukazedorini, Tomarigio.

ツナガル★バングル
Tsunagaru★Bangle
I was quite interested in Shirogane no Soleil, and that gives me enough drive to learn more about Skyfish's next game.

Wait, if this is Skyfish's 2nd game... what about Familiar Spirits then?

I found out about Tsunagaru★Bangle on another forum (was it Shinova on hongfire, I think? ), so I quickly noticed that it was from the same company that made Happiness!. The art also seemed to have hints of it too.
It seems that the theme is also similar to Happiness!, where there's magic involved. I did notice the bracelets that most of the female cast were wearing...

On another note, this particular pic evoked much lulz and <3 from me and a friend.
Spoiler:
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 06:19   Link #1500
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Wait, if this is Skyfish's 2nd game... what about Familiar Spirits then?
Cloudnine probably just made a mistake, it happens
Doesn't get me any less uninterested in this game though (I've enough proof for myself to put Skyfish into my 'to avoid' game company...)

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel