AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2020-09-18, 17:59   Link #301
GDB

When was this? I don't recall that conversation.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-18, 20:08   Link #302
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
When was this? I don't recall that conversation.
I think it was implied when Echidna talked about how she thinks (emphasis on thinks) Return by Death works and what it's even for.
Old 2020-09-18, 21:36   Link #303
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think it was implied when Echidna talked about how she thinks (emphasis on thinks) Return by Death works and what it's even for.
Yes, during their conversion she says it brings him back to a point at which he is not locked into death.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-20, 19:58   Link #304
Calca
Expressionless

I am kind of disappointed with the anime skipping exactly HOW Subaru actually made it to Emilia after being surrounded by the rabbits

Spoiler:
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-21, 11:05   Link #305
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
I am kind of disappointed with the anime skipping exactly HOW Subaru actually made it to Emilia after being surrounded by the rabbits

Spoiler:
They were probably running out of episode time

Last week's Re Zero Break Time shows Elsa and Maylie at a worn down shack, probably their hiding spot while they wait for the time to attack the mansion. We get a little bit of a backstory on their relationship.
Elsa also comments on how she doesn't like Subaru's eyes...which gives a bit of context on that scene where she stabs one of Subaru's eyes.
Old 2020-09-22, 00:48   Link #306
Applehell

Don't look at YouTube comments if you can help it, they are full of spoilers.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Huh, this PV has very interesting implications for rest of this cour.

Last edited by Applehell; 2020-09-22 at 03:57.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-22, 01:33   Link #307
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Huh, this PV has very interesting implications for rest of this cour.
Isn't this the last episode of this cour?
Old 2020-09-22, 01:41   Link #308
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Isn't this the last episode of this cour?
There's 13 episodes this cour.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-22, 02:31   Link #309
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
There's 13 episodes this cour.
Forgot it started at 26, not 25. Still, only 2 episodes left.
Old 2020-09-22, 06:02   Link #310
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

According to a tweet by Tappei Nagatsuki, season 2 was supposed to have started on April 1st (Subaru's birthday) and end on September 23rd, which is Emilia's birthday.

However, due to certain "circumstances" *coughcoronacough* that schedule was ruined, much to Tappei's frustration.
Old 2020-09-22, 06:48   Link #311
GDB

Guess they'll just have to do a season 3 and try again next year.
Old 2020-09-23, 08:58   Link #312
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Spoiler for The other 2 witches:
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-23, 10:10   Link #313
Frontier

So Subaru finally enters the second trial, which forces him to watch constructed fantasies of the worlds he left after he died and used Return by Death, forcing Subaru to watch the anguish of those around him as they witness his death. Subaru's usually barrels through without thinking about how his deaths might impact others because of the time loops, but watching a string of scenes displaying how much his death hurts those he cared about would weigh on anyone. Of course, it's fabricated, and honestly some of it felt like it was constructed to make him feel more guilt (especially Felis'), but even Echidna can't rule out the possibility that it might be true that this is what happened .

"Emilia-sama, please wipe his face" Uh...Julis, I don't think that's the first thing you should be saying to her there .

But it was nice to see Julis again. And Reinhard! I was expecting it'd be much longer before we saw him again, so that was nice, even if seeing him slay Puck in his monster form as he tried to destroy the world wasn't ideal. Nor was seeing Rem again as she's justifying to Ram having had to kill Subaru in one of the arc 2 loops .

Man, I was really shook up seeing Rem again. A part of me felt like it couldn't be her, but seeing her again was probably the most impactful thing that could happen to Subaru at such a trying point for him. And even if it wasn't really Rem, her memory and realizing that wasn't really her was what gave him the strength to stand up again .

Hey, Subaru said he likes Rem! That's great .

We meet the Witch of Lust, Carmilla, who doesn't look like the picture of lust so much as a cute, embarrassed, and anxious young girl who can take the form of anyone's ideal love when they need it the most. Just don't get close to her, because she'll end up suffocating you .

The true sexy witch is Sekhmet, the Witch of Sloth, who seems as lazy or uncaring as one would expect for the sin she's named after. How did Petelgeuse luck into being connected to such a sexy Witch ?

Echidna offers Subaru the opportunity to form a contract, one that would be immensely beneficial towards resolving everything as he gains access to Echidna's support and knowledge in order to achieve his goals...but of course, there's a catch, as all the other witches are helpful to point out as they crash the tea party so Echidna doesn't get an unfair advantage .

So, the truth is, Echidna is basically a sociopath who doesn't care about anyone's suffering or feelings so long as her desire and greed for knowledge is satiated. Her focus on and affection (probably as close as someone like her can feel to something like love) for Subaru is driven by her seeing Return by Death as the ultimate source of knowledge with it's endless possibilities and she wants to consume everything Subaru is able to realize with it. She left Beatrice stuck with a contract so dependent on a chance encounter that Beako has been stuck for hundreds of years just because she wanted to see who Beatrice would choose .

At least Subaru finally realized the truth and has resolved to take the hand of the person who really needs it, Beatrice .

And it turns out the Witch's Tea Party has one last party crasher...Satella, who arrives in full black regalia ready to make a mess of things herself. Things are about to get crazy .
Old 2020-09-23, 11:17   Link #314
noktown

While the episode was crazy, I was more surprised how easily enraged Puck was killed by Reinhard in the parallel universe lol.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-23, 12:22   Link #315
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
While the episode was crazy, I was more surprised how easily enraged Puck was killed by Reinhard in the parallel universe lol.
I hear that the Tappei himself mentioned that if Reinhard and the Sun (yes, the actual Sun) were to fight, he'd win...he's that stupidly overpowered.

Well...this episode might change the opinion some viewers have of Echidna.
But man, that speech. She sure elaborated on the terms of the contract she was offering Subaru

That contract sounded way too convinient. Borrow Echidna's knowledge to solve whatever obstacles that stand in the way...at the price of sharing with her what Subaru experiences in each attempt to solve a loop.
Sure, it sounds good and all, but that basically means no privacy for Subaru as he'd always have Echidna giving her opinion on the matter and suggesting way to tackle an issue...he'd literally have no peace of mind.

I too was upset at Echidna's reason for making Beatrice wait at the forbidden library...she basically used her as a ginea pig in an experiment just out of curiosity for what the result might be. That's awful, but Echidna doesn't seem to understand that. She's essencially a sociopath.
Fortunately all the witches popped up to give their opinion on the contract, even the remaining two.

Then, we get a surprise guest: Satella...I thought she couldn't enter Echidna's castle of dreams?

The next episode should be very interresting.
Old 2020-09-23, 12:37   Link #316
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
That contract sounded way too convinient. Borrow Echidna's knowledge to solve whatever obstacles that stand in the way...at the price of sharing with her what Subaru experiences in each attempt to solve a loop.
Sure, it sounds good and all, but that basically means no privacy for Subaru as he'd always have Echidna giving her opinion on the matter and suggesting way to tackle an issue...he'd literally have no peace of mind.
Not to mention it's in Echidna's interest to explore all possible potentials for RBD, not necessarily to help Subaru achieve the golden ending he's always striving for.
Quote:
Then, we get a surprise guest: Satella...I thought she couldn't enter Echidna's castle of dreams?
I'm not quite sure about Satella's status but I think she's sealed away and just using a spirit presence like the other Witch's are, so maybe that's how she was able to get in. Subaru basically dared her to come after the other Witch's when he said he preferred them to her.

She's had enough of Echidna and the other Witch's hogging her Subaru.
Old 2020-09-23, 14:05   Link #317
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Not to mention it's in Echidna's interest to explore all possible potentials for RBD, not necessarily to help Subaru achieve the golden ending he's always striving for.
Actually, she is also interested in the best ending for Subaru, but the whole process is likely to take million of deaths considering she would absolutely want to charter every single possibility through RbD.
Tappei confirmed that on his twitter account:
"For those who don't really understand what a contract with Echidna would entail, here are some detailed explanations. Subaru died 5 times to clear chapter 3, but if he were to use Echidna's power, he would have died 10 000 times under her guidance because she wants to see the result of wrong choices. However, he would still be able to clear that. This is because she wants to see what lies beyond that point."

Last edited by Klashikari; 2020-09-23 at 14:53.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-23, 15:10   Link #318
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

I am really excited for the next episode now that Satella has shown up.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-23, 16:14   Link #319
Kakurin
大佐

Two minor points I found to be interesting:

1) The scene showing the continuation of the scenario where Subaru got killed by Rem in the mansion was actually Rem ending Subaru's suffering after he got poisoned.

2) Subaru seeing Carmilla as Rem because deep down he wanted so.
Old 2020-09-23, 17:38   Link #320
Wandering Soul

So Echidna has her real personality come out as an apparent sociopath that is obsessed about knowledge and possibilities. She effectively left Beatrice to spend the rest of eternity in that libaray out of curosity and would have turned Subaru into possibly her most messed up expiremnt yet. Subaru is really lucky the other witches stepped in, though it looks like Satella is getting involved too.