AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 14 24.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 42.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 21.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-28, 17:02   Link #21
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ok, fuck you Okada. Why did you have to emasculate the last man (Beanman) like that? In that way too, lol with... -_-. For once, I could agree with Tooru. No wonder why he's gonna quit.

Someone at PA really needs to stand up and say "I'm sorry, but not everyone shares your crossdressing fetish"

Other than that, I'd say this was a fine episode, even with Minko going emo. Ohana vs Minko looked a bit better than I'd expected. It was far more less lulzworthy than Noe vs Hiromi or Tsurukko vs Anaru. But Ohana could totally kick Minko's ass. Tooru managed the situation fairly well I'd say.

But it's good that everyone had catharsis, though the subs translated Tooru saying he's really excited about Ohana... but not in that way. Thank god. Poor, poor Minko, but now she knows that there's only one way to go if she wants something. She's stubborn as hell.

So they make up but Ohana starts sparkling and pisses Minko off.

The wedding itself was well done, put off to the side where it belongs and Einshi with Takako look like a dignified couple, or as much as it could be.

8/10
Also lol@ the Nako scene where she says Ohana and co are wonderful. I haven't seen such a lulzworthy scene since watching Saki.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-08-28, 17:03   Link #22
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
So, appearently you can just "decide" to have a crush, at least according to our expert in all love related things, Ohana-chan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon132004 View Post
WHAT THE HECK with Ohana choosing to go back to Kouichi!!!!! Like what we have watching so far of characters development was just A TROLL.
Oh come on... Obviously, Ohana has had feelings for Ko the entire time (don't tell me you didn't notice this, please), but has been trying to surpress those feelings (or been in denial). What's changed now, is she has come to accept it and decided to deal with it head-on. That is character development. I'm sorry you're not getting your fantasy yuri ending, but please don't talk as if the show has betrayed your trust or something by going in this direction when this is clearly where it's been heading from the get-go.
Old 2011-08-28, 17:17   Link #23
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
More romance in this episode than I thought there would be,though I'm glad we'll avoid a dragged out love triangle.
Thank you Tohru for not being that serious about Ohanna,that simplyfies things greatly and hopefully we can move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon132004 View Post
WHAT THE HECK with Ohana choosing to go back to Kouichi!!!!! Like what we have watching so far of characters development was just A TROLL.
There's one huge difference between what Ohana's been trying to convince herself her feelings are and what she actualy feels,that episode 18 dream pretty much showed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger rambo
Awwww well. I think the chances of the glorious forever alone ending just got reduced.

Oh well. It's still a possibility Largely based on the fact that we haven't got any glimpses of what Ko's been doing at all this last season. It's very doubtful Ohana can just show up.
Yeah,I was getting more and more sure that'd be the ending as well but we might get OhanaXKo (Despite what minchi says I'll roll my eyes if MinchiXTohru ship ever takes off)
If I remember correctly Sui showed quite a bit of perseverance when going after grandpa,she got rewarded in the end,however mom is forever alone so things could go either way.

I still want this show to be remembered as the one that trolled shippers hard so I'd love it if Ko said "sorry but I've moved on"

On a complete sidenote I love how Okada keeps finding ways to insert Yuina in episodes despite her not working at Kissuiso
Old 2011-08-28, 17:40   Link #24
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Not a bad episode, but too much trolling. 8/10
Old 2011-08-28, 17:58   Link #25
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Ok, fuck you Okada. Why did you have to emasculate the last man (Beanman) like that? In that way too, lol with... -_-. For once, I could agree with Tooru. No wonder why he's gonna quit.
But....Beanman is gay. Why is him being in drag remotely surprising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Yeah,I was getting more and more sure that'd be the ending as well but we might get OhanaXKo (Despite what minchi says I'll roll my eyes if MinchiXTohru ship ever takes off)
If I remember correctly Sui showed quite a bit of perseverance when going after grandpa,she got rewarded in the end,however mom is forever alone so things could go either way.
OTOH. Sui and her husband were coworkers at the same inn. Interacting with eachother on a daily basis. Ko and Ohana...have had how many really meaningful interactions in the last six months? I suppose they ARE trying to make that kind of comparison in the story... but I'm not sure how appropriate it is.

They going to cram all the development with Ko in at the last minute?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Not a bad episode, but too much trolling. 8/10
See, I can't quite fathom how people can be watching Hanasaku Iroha THIS long, and still be surprised about the trolling.
Old 2011-08-28, 18:02   Link #26
weaponX
Designated facepalmer

Quote:

Someone at PA really needs to stand up and say "I'm sorry, but not everyone shares your crossdressing fetish"
Thats probably why grandma is ragequitting too.

Damn you Jiromaru!

To quote the movie in my sig: "We shoulda taken him out back years ago and shot him in the head!"

Other than that, the episode is good. Lets see if they can pull out a decent ending here late in the 4th quarter.
misery no more.”
Proverbs 31: 6-7MyAnimeList
Old 2011-08-28, 18:27   Link #27
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The marriage arc was handled well, and it was excellently used to help develop some plot threads, if not completely resolve them.

Like others here, I found it refreshing to see a love triangle resolved pretty quickly and in a believable way. Yet Okada still made it all entertainingly dramatic for me, and the emotions felt raw and real. Ohana's short fight with Minchi was a neat moment for me.

Enishi and Takako were given good moments here, and I have to admit that this just about justifies the earlier Enishi/movie arc. It justifies having the arc because this marriage would have felt like a total asspull to me otherwise, but the movie arc developed Enishi/Takako just enough to make their eventual marriage work, imo.

I like much of the relationship trolling in the anime - for me, it's like a wild rollercoaster ride where you're not quite sure where it'll all end up. This episode has effectively thrown Ohana's end in doubt - Will the Kissuiso even be around for Ohana to be with, lol ? Ohana has an "one-sided crush" on Ko so an Ohana/Ko ending is still possible (major remaining hurdle being book girl, of course). Minchi/Tohru is still possible too.

I like how the anime has effectively left all of these options open going into its final two episodes. Makes things much more intriguing and interesting for me.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2011-08-28 at 19:17.
Old 2011-08-28, 18:30   Link #28
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Looking at all the Ko related comments, Ko is not forgotten after all
Old 2011-08-28, 18:45   Link #29
HandofFate

not a bad episode.
Liked that Enishi and Takako's wedding went off without any troubles.

Minchi's screaming and yelling is annoying, I like how she's serious about her career goal, but she needs to stop over-reacting all the time.

lol @ Satsuki's Ceremonial Congratulations message.

Wonder what the reason for beanman to quit is, though given his age, it wouldn't be surprising if he just wanted to retire peacefully.

She doesn't seem to be mentioned often, but I like Tomoe, she seems to have a very clear head on her and her personality is very likeable.
Old 2011-08-28, 19:07   Link #30
Sheapy

I really liked that BGM during that Ohana/Minchi fight.
Old 2011-08-28, 19:09   Link #31
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
But....Beanman is gay. Why is him being in drag remotely surprising?
Hey now. Just because one is gay doesn't mean they must dress in drag. Or make out with Jinomaru.

You should not have to touch that regardless of sexuality.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-08-28, 19:12   Link #32
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:

Someone should send this to Okada as a greeting message in regards to her crossdressing fetish imo:

Old 2011-08-28, 19:46   Link #33
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
I hate this anime... Why?
I love this anime... Why? Lol. Yes, this episode was indeed written by Okada Mari, as listed in the end credits.

I really love romance, but there was a lot of pseudo romance here. The wedded couple just don't make much sense to me together -- or separately, for that matter. And it is really impossible to simply decide you're in love. We weren't given any emotional lead-up to Ohana's deciding to be in love. Much as I want her to be in love with Kou, she didn't show it to me here. Maybe she will next week. To be honest, I wasn't very satisfied with Itou Kanae's acting this week. I like the sound of her voice, but I didn't get real feeling.

Minchi was the only one whose love seemed real. I actually did like the scene where Tooru finally realized that she loved him and reacted honestly and kindly. There is yet hope. And unlike others I loved Omigawa Chiaki's work here, at least in parts. When she was sobbing, there were some very real tones in there.

As for the cross-dressing, I don't much like this supposedly humorous version of it at the best of times, and this was not the best of times. I did enjoy the singer, on the other hand.

Despite all that, I enjoyed the episode a lot. Hard to explain.

I'm hoping that Tomoe and the chef will get together and ask for the Inn. Maybe Ohana will tell Kouchan she loves him, but he will already be taken, and it will be a real one-sided love. Not my preference, but it could happen.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-08-29 at 07:00.
Old 2011-08-28, 19:57   Link #34
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I love this anime for the exact same reason that DemiSoda hates it.

Basically, I love how unpredictable it is from week to week, how often its episode previews are total red herrings, and how it's really quite a lot of fun to talk about for both of these reasons (and some others).
Old 2011-08-28, 20:25   Link #35
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

I see people are great at understanding sarcasm.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-08-28, 20:58   Link #36
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well - to start off I liked the episode. 8/10 vote from me.

Specifics and random ramblings on the ep....

You know ... Takako still bugs me after all these eps - and almost every single time she pops up on the screen. Well, I am glad she got married and such. Kinda nice to have a "happy ending" for her like that.

Well, Minchi bugs me fairly frequently (I've been wishing Ohana would just slap some sense into her once and just wake her up somehow for a long time now, but Tohru finding out about her crush may have finally done that). Nice to see some "resolution" for her in this ep as well.

Come to think of it, Satsuki bugs me a lot too, but she has more scenes % wise where I can sorta at least understand why she might do something, even if I still don't like her. Actually, on reflection there are quite a few characters in this anime I dislike, even while overall enjoying the series as a whole.

Anyway - back on subject. I thought Tohru handled Minchi's unexpected confession very well. Kinda nice to see his crude, rude manner actually has a sensitive side to him again. I also like Ohana's ... erm ... large-heartedness and ability to often quickly forgive people, like Minchi, for example.

Oh - and I don't mind being trolled with romance themes/sub-plots and the rest. I like that aspect of the series - it seems to fit fine to me. Although the scene with Beanman in women's clothes was not particularly funny to me ... it was just ... weird. Beanman's retirement announcement was kinda unexpected, though.

Hmm ... I liked the ED of this ep though. Kinda nice, even if I still dislike the choice for voices. Hmph.

BTW Archon ... before I forget your new Penguin-drum lyric variation made me giggle quite a bit!
Old 2011-08-28, 21:17   Link #37
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Dunno why, but I can't seem to be happy with this episode despite Ohana still focusing on Kou. Might be from learning that the real life authour mentioned had to call off his engagement to his childhood friend... T_T

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2011-08-28, 21:22   Link #38
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
I see people are great at understanding sarcasm.
I even voted the episode a 10/10
Old 2011-08-28, 21:39   Link #39
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
I even voted the episode a 10/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
And then the wedding... The main problems here were:...The singer appears as a character and speaks in such a horribly obvious bou-hime voice, and on top of that, she SINGS! Oh geez, let that voice torture me only in the OP....
Just noticed this an wished I had quoted it earlier. Man - couldn't agree with you more!
Old 2011-08-28, 22:06   Link #40
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Beanman caught the bouquet. He and Jiromaru?

I was very pleased to see the series put on the big boy pants and deal with matters of consequence again. It's awkward because it's been so long and there were definitely some flat spots, but on the whole it was a good episode. Hopefully now that all the feelings are out in the open this whole never-was nonsense between Ohana and Tohru can be put away for good.

Minchi... At times I love her because she's the only one in this cast who calls BS, and there's a lot of BS. But she's definitely not likable. She's not just anger-prone, but prone to violent anger and when she angers, she really tries to hurt. She has a fundamentally self-centered worldview and really needs to grow up. Since Ohana has basically been flat since the first episode, there really hasn't been much character growth from any characters I care about, so even the little that we saw from Nako was like water in a desert.

I still bank on the forever alone end, but at least the Ohana/Kou situation will be dealt with in some capacity. I never thought even a series this obtuse would simply ignore it, but I was worried a bit. One quibble, though - how dense does Ohana have to be to think she has a "one-sided crush" on a guy who confessed to her in the first episode? If she couldn't see that a guy who confessed liked her, what chance was there she'd see Tohru did?

Nice job blowing off your otouto's wedding, Satsuki. But getting Ohana off the pot and sending that note makes up for it. Hearing Yuina read that, oh my - I had to splash some cold water on my face. If only she'd been in a massage chair as she read it...
Closed Thread