AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-07, 10:05   Link #41
PerkoEyo

Guess Kizaru's like Crocodile. You have to use water on him first so his ability wont work.

And I wonder if there is a Devil Fruit that gives you the power to manipulate water. A little bit like the Freeze fruit that Aokiji ate, just water instead of ice.
Old 2008-08-07, 10:11   Link #42
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

But you have got to give ODA this. He managed to create this feeling again I only had with Enel and Rob Lucci before "OMFG they will never be able to beat this Monster"
Old 2008-08-07, 10:22   Link #43
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkoEyo View Post
Guess Kizaru's like Crocodile. You have to use water on him first so his ability wont work.
Well water back there was just counterpart to turn his sand body into wet mud.Light requires something different than water.Of course sea water can always damage them thou I think if they can reflect shadows on Kizaru somehow his body may go solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkoEyo View Post
And I wonder if there is a Devil Fruit that gives you the power to manipulate water. A little bit like the Freeze fruit that Aokiji ate, just water instead of ice.
I heard that there was a movie character with some water related df.Not so sure about what he/she can do thou.

Also anyone realized Luffy getting used to these gears tooo much? I mean I hardly remember when was the last time he used a non-gear move.If this shortening his lifespan than Luffy will die in next 2-3 arcs for sure since he is going gear 2nd on everything he sees.
Old 2008-08-07, 10:51   Link #44
PerkoEyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Well water back there was just counterpart to turn his sand body into wet mud.Light requires something different than water.Of course sea water can always damage them thou I think if they can reflect shadows on Kizaru somehow his body may go solid.
The thing about shadows. Maybe Gecko Moria is his Counter. Cuz he can take the shadow of him and then he will be in coma, and the guys could beat him while he's fainted.
Old 2008-08-07, 10:52   Link #45
PerkoEyo

But the problem is, why the hell should Moria help them?
Old 2008-08-07, 10:58   Link #46
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Also anyone realized Luffy getting used to these gears tooo much? I mean I hardly remember when was the last time he used a non-gear move.If this shortening his lifespan than Luffy will die in next 2-3 arcs for sure since he is going gear 2nd on everything he sees.
If you mean the last time he did a "gomu-gomu" without JET, that was the balloon to bounce back the cannon ball at the Marines when standing with Law and Kidd, IIRC.

Most of the time lately, the opponents Luffy face are either grunts who can easily be taken out with his basic strength or really tough guys, and generally there's been a definite need to beat up the opponent quickly.
Old 2008-08-07, 11:12   Link #47
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

Quote:
Gear shortens his lifespan? I though it just overexaustets his body when used to long (which is quite understandable since he is pumping blood widening his veins).
Old 2008-08-07, 11:18   Link #48
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Imadori View Post
Gear shortens his lifespan? I though it just overexaustets his body when used to long (which is quite understandable since he is pumping blood widening his veins).

Well, Lucci was the one who commented on Luffy shortening his life when using the Gears, but it seems to me now that his body is much more used to them, since he's using them more often. But it looks like they still have some kinks that need to be worked out (like Luffy's midget state after using Gear 3)....
Old 2008-08-08, 01:37   Link #49
Dio23

yeah i agree but no one really wants to see Luffy overuse the gears as well because i mean thats already been done (dragon ball z super saiyens) i wouldn't mind him using it for a little while more but when it comes down to it i think hes going to have to shrug the gears aside and come up with something better.
Old 2008-08-08, 02:53   Link #50
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
If its like DBZ then we'll just see Gear 4 later on or something lol.

Luffy still weak to Gear 3.
Old 2008-08-08, 04:06   Link #51
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post
I don't know how much you guys know about Light and such but it's premature to say that Kizaru's ability is overpowered.
True.

Blackbeard can defeat light easily.He already said before that his ability will not let even a ray of light to run away from him,beside anyone that he touch will lose all their ability..and also,he got his own agenda of being a Shichibukai,so we don't know if he really gonna side the Marine forever or not.It might be interesting to see him betraying the Shichibukai and destroy the marines.

Beside we still don't know what Rayleigh's "Dark King" title refers to...maybe its Rayleigh's some sort of Dark power ability?So far the only dark ability that appeared in OP so far is Blackbeard's dark gravity and Moria's shadow command.Who knows if Rayleigh has the counter power of Kizaru's light?

Also its interesting to notice the relation between the admiral's name and their powers.
Aoikiji - Blue Pheasant - Ice

Kizaru - Yellow Monkey - Light

Akainu - Red Dog - ?? (But i believe the power has something to do with colour red,like blood?magma?)
Old 2008-08-08, 04:20   Link #52
chitgoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
True.

Blackbeard can defeat light easily.He already said before that his ability will not let even a ray of light to run away from him,beside anyone that he touch will lose all their ability..and also,he got his own agenda of being a Shichibukai,so we don't know if he really gonna side the Marine forever or not.It might be interesting to see him betraying the Shichibukai and destroy the marines.

Beside we still don't know what Rayleigh's "Dark King" title refers to...maybe its Rayleigh's some sort of Dark power ability?So far the only dark ability that appeared in OP so far is Blackbeard's dark gravity and Moria's shadow command.Who knows if Rayleigh has the counter power of Kizaru's light?

Also its interesting to notice the relation between the admiral's name and their powers.

Akainu - Red Dog - ?? (But i believe the power has something to do with colour red,like blood?magma?)
hmmm, blackbeard did say that but it doesnt mean he's right. that is just how he sees it. he had never fought against kizaru before so we can't really say who'll win. but both of them are the opposites of their devil fruit

if red's going to be blood id be definitely pissed. he's going to be the most powerful df user since he can easily manipulate blood. if it's magma, i doubt too because there already was one df user shown with it in the filler. the family something arc where their pirate flag got stolen.
Old 2008-08-08, 06:34   Link #53
ycsrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
True.

i join this forum just to let you know. remember the scene where luffy was asleep
and eating at the same time? then robin and nami mentioned something about luffy's gramps? for ur INFO. Luffy's Gramps is also known as AKA INU.
Old 2008-08-08, 07:54   Link #54
Blaine

No luffys grandfather is Garp the fist.
Old 2008-08-08, 07:59   Link #55
Rawrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycsrich View Post
i join this forum just to let you know. remember the scene where luffy was asleep
and eating at the same time? then robin and nami mentioned something about luffy's gramps? for ur INFO. Luffy's Gramps is also known as AKA INU.
Spoiler for Akainu:

This is akainu as he appeared in Ohara incident when Aokiji frost Saul to death, he appeard in one of the ships and talks a little.Even if Aokiji was younger and slightly had a different outlook, there is still no way that Garp can be akainu.

Last edited by Rawrz; 2008-08-08 at 08:18.
Old 2008-08-08, 09:02   Link #56
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycsrich View Post
You just waste your reason of joining this forum .Just becoz Garp is wearing that dog like mask doesn't mean that he is Akainu.

Or you wanna tell me that Monkey D Garp is actually Monkey D Sakazuki? (Sakazuki is Akainu's real name before he become an admiral).
Old 2008-08-08, 11:36   Link #57
Fyria

Damn this will be awesome chapter again, Kizaru is insanely powerful.

I just hope none of Supernovas get killed or stopped here, they all have way too much potential and too intresting charecters to stop here, I hope we will see them again at New World.

Damn what a chapter, Kizaru just annihalated those super novas.
Old 2008-08-08, 12:36   Link #58
marvelB

Well, I checked out the full chapter (in Chinese scanlation format)... man, Kizaru's insane. It looks like he can pretty much teleport, in addition to shooting the lasers (the original Kuma has a teleportation ability, too.... is that also something that Vegapunk managed to copy?). I wonder how long Kidd and Law will last against him....

And yeah, gotta love seeing the Straw-Hats team up on Kuma B. I love it when they have team battles (like against the Oz/Moria combo), which I think is something they should do more often. But still, if it took the ENTIRE CREW to beat just ONE Pacifista, then I'd think it's safe to say that these clones are no mere cannon fodder (though most definitely nowhere near the level of Oz or the original Kuma). And to think that the original Kuma was so powerful despite being incomplete... are the Pacifistas on Sabaody prototypes, as well...?

Edit: Oh, and it seems that there's no chapter next week. Curses, I say!
Old 2008-08-08, 13:11   Link #59
Rawrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, I checked out the full chapter (in Chinese scanlation format)... man, Kizaru's insane. It looks like he can pretty much teleport, in addition to shooting the lasers (the original Kuma has a teleportation ability, too.... is that also something that Vegapunk managed to copy?). I wonder how long Kidd and Law will last against him....
If Vegapunk is really able to copycat devil fruit powers on his cyborgs then how about some aokiji or akainu style pacifista? Those ones supernovas encountered can be only the light/beam/flash version after all..It is a high possiblity that there can be frost/akainu style pacifista that can do the same tricks as them..

Quote:
But still, if it took the ENTIRE CREW to beat just ONE Pacifista, then I'd think it's safe to say that these clones are no mere cannon fodder (though most definitely nowhere near the level of Oz or the original Kuma). And to think that the original Kuma was so powerful despite being incomplete... are the Pacifistas on Sabaody prototypes, as well...?
Im pretty sure Vegapunk may want to watch effects of his pacifista personally, hell maybe he already does by some communication system hidden in pacifista.But if it was just a test stage then one should've been enough.Mass production of Kuma clones showing us that theyre pretty completed.

And If these are prototypes that can still upgraded a lot, then worldwide pirates better quit piracy and start looking for some new job at marine hq

Quote:
Edit: Oh, and it seems that there's no chapter next week. Curses, I say!
oh damn! Why does this have to happen everytime WG side's winning!
Old 2008-08-08, 13:20   Link #60
Blackbeard D. Kuma

It is really quite mind boggling to think that guys like Aokiji and Kizaru, who are near-invincible logia users, still can't manage to take down any of the emperors. The emperors must truly be freaks of nature I tell you . This makes me believe that there must be other ways of beating logia users besides exploiting their natural weaknesses, because it appears to me that guys like Whitebeard and Shanks don't have devil fruits and yet the world government that has admirals on their side can't do a thing about them.