AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-06, 19:01   Link #381
OliverTwist

I think Raki is going to end up being Miria's trump card to get out of the mess she just put herself in alive. It's too early for him to be used as a weapon for the MiB though.

At least this chapter sorta reinvigorated my interest in Claymore at least for one month.
Old 2010-08-06, 19:19   Link #382
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTwist View Post
I think Raki is going to end up being Miria's trump card to get out of the mess she just put herself in alive. It's too early for him to be used as a weapon for the MiB though.

At least this chapter sorta reinvigorated my interest in Claymore at least for one month.
Yea, Raki may end up aiding Miria if things go south for her when he arrives (probably around the same time as the Orgs Trump Card is shown/fighting Miria).
Old 2010-08-06, 19:31   Link #383
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTwist View Post

I certainly hope so. This is likely the best case scenario... worst case being Miria dies or possibly worse yet Miria gets captured by the MiB and implanted with the extra rod from Raki. Either way it's very likely for good or ill Raki will play a role here.
Old 2010-08-06, 19:43   Link #384
Joe_fh

I wouldn't be surprised if Galatea, Clarice, Miata and Tabitha show up. I have no idea what they would be able to do against the MiBs trump cards but I don't think now that Miria made a move they'll stay put. After all right now everyone is doing something and they are just sitting there
Old 2010-08-06, 20:13   Link #385
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
I certainly hope so. This is likely the best case scenario... worst case being Miria dies or possibly worse yet Miria gets captured by the MiB and implanted with the extra rod from Raki. Either way it's very likely for good or ill Raki will play a role here.
That makes me wonder. Does the Destroyer still have any connection to the infected and the rods after they've been shot off? Also how good a trump card would that be? "Great going, we've just made her way more berserk and far more powerful, capable of shooting out infecting rods at us!" It just seems like they'd need at least some time for reasearch on the rods before they have anything usable.
I don't think the Shrimp Twins are even going to get names before bieng killed. They are just there to show that the Org has continued to persue that line of research. Their more along the lines of a plot device than actual charecters. Just there to remind us of the number one thing that keeps the Org dangerous. They keep coming up with new stuff.
Old 2010-08-06, 20:16   Link #386
MalakTawus

Spoiler for @Joe_fh:
Old 2010-08-06, 20:32   Link #387
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Your assuming someone actually ran the message. Many suspect it was done via a "torchlight method". Simply put have one claymore stand in sensing range of Isley if he dies she does a single power up and two if he survives. Then have another Claymore do the same thing but sensing the Claymore observing Isley. Repeat this process until word reaches the organization. Miria a non sensing type could sense a whole mountain range so this feet isn't hard to pull off... especially when detail isn't required but just the ability to sense yoki pulses.
I would have agreed with you if it was just the news about Isley's death. But there's more than that. At HQ they were also describing in great detail what they found about AB hunt that was led by Dietrich. That can't be done via a "torchlight method" and before you go there, there's a good reason why Morse code wasn't invented until the early studies of electricity made it possible.

Quote:
Next off your assuming Dietrich didn't run to org HQ first, report in about Isley's death, get demoted (after all when it comes down to it only the head bosses can promote or demote someone, Rubel didn't choose to strip of her number his bosses did), then headed west to track down Deneve and Helen (under orders or not is the question).
During the meeting at the Org HQ they said that they didn't know what happened to Dietrich. Which means she didn't return to the Org. If she somehow got there after the meeting she would have had to outrun Alicia and Beth who left for the west as soon as the meeting was over (if not even sooner) and were still within eastern lands when Dietrich reached Rabona. Wait a minute.
HOLY S***
I thought you said you understand the time flow in claymore.

Quote:
Finally your assuming a warrior just wasn't sent behind the AF's sent to observe the battle then run back at all haste and report in about Isley's fate. If a Claymore's was ordered to they couldn't likely run for days, it's just that they might not be strong enough to battle until they regain their strength. Now if the org assigned a warrior like Renee to do this they might very well still be strong enough to battle afterwards.
Well we never saw a claymore being assigned as a messenger. And if there was one she still would have only transferred the news about Isley's death and not the details of AB hunt led by Dietrich.

Anyway I just remembered something that will end this debate. The Org might be using homing pigeons.
Old 2010-08-06, 21:01   Link #388
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
I would have agreed with you if it was just the news about Isley's death. But there's more than that. At HQ they were also describing in great detail what they found about AB hunt that was led by Dietrich. That can't be done via a "torchlight method" and before you go there, there's a good reason why Morse code wasn't invented until the early studies of electricity made it possible.
Once again an unknown amount of time passed when Dietrich was traveling with H&D. Plus we know that the other 3 warriors reported back in... maybe they ran the info back to org hq.

Once again too many unknowns here... once again I think your making some big assumptions.

Quote:
During the meeting at the Org HQ they said that they didn't know what happened to Dietrich. Which means she didn't return to the Org. If she somehow got there after the meeting she would have had to outrun Alicia and Beth who left for the west as soon as the meeting was over (if not even sooner) and were still within eastern lands when Dietrich reached Rabona. Wait a minute.
HOLY S***
I thought you said you understand the time flow in claymore.
HOLY S***

You didn't realize the report happened in ch 89 and Dietrich doesn't meet Miria until ch 90. For all we know Dietrich came in the door 30 seconds after the report was given then was demoted (talk about walking in at the wrong time ) Then she was ordered to run off to Rabona after being given a yoki suppressant pill since the org saw it as their chance to gain more knowledge on these mysterious warrior sitings, so they could determine what to do. Then team up with her H&D since Helen has a big mouth. Dietrich then gladdy accepted this mission since it was her chance to pay back H&D. Thus she could have made it in time for her scene in ch 90 yet still not shown up by the time the report was made.

Simply put we just don't know what happened. Speculation is fun and great but drawing conclusions isn't.

Quote:
Well we never saw a claymore being assigned as a messenger. And if there was one she still would have only transferred the news about Isley's death and not the details of AB hunt led by Dietrich.

Anyway I just remembered something that will end this debate. The Org might be using homing pigeons.
We also never saw the retrieval squad until recently. The absence of proof isn't the proof of absence.

Could be homing pigeons could be the pony express. We just know it's not radios and the time jumps make it hard to gauge some of these scene jumps. So we have no way to empathetically state that the MiB are non human and can and have traveled at super speed before. Sure you can state you believe such but you won't convince me of it until Yagi spells it out for us. Simply put I see the the org members hatred of monsters as proof of them not being monsters but human with some nasty war wounds.

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-08-06 at 21:20.
Old 2010-08-06, 21:19   Link #389
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

(why are you guys posting GIFs of Spaceballs....)

Old 2010-08-06, 21:21   Link #390
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
(why are you guys posting GIFs of Spaceballs....)

I think he tried to glorify his defeating me on a topic... and I just used the next moment to movie to show that he hadn't.
Old 2010-08-06, 21:30   Link #391
Nixl

Dietrich certainly defies all odds(and maybe sense) in many occasions.

On a semi-off topic note, after re-reading the Lost Children's arc of Berserk, I really do hope Raki takes a few notes from Berserk. It would definitely make me love claymore a lot more with some Berserk styled craziness(and gory-sword fight shenanigans).
Old 2010-08-06, 21:41   Link #392
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Dietrich certainly defies all odds(and maybe sense) in many occasions.

On a semi-off topic note, after re-reading the Lost Children's arc of Berserk, I really do hope Raki takes a few notes from Berserk. It would definitely make me love claymore a lot more with some Berserk styled craziness(and gory-sword fight shenanigans).
Spoiler for Berserk spoilers... asking Nixl to better explain what he means ;):
Old 2010-08-06, 21:49   Link #393
Nixl

Quote:
Spoiler for Berserk spoilers... asking Nixl to better explain what he means ;):
I do not mean actual story parallels so much as Gatts' persona/attitude during the arc. While I understand Claymore is its own story, I wouldn't mind if Raki turned out to be more of an anti-hero in the sense that he may be for the greater-good, but unlike a claymore(Claire) he is perfectly fine with extremes. I do think I am over-generalizing to a degree, but I do think it would be a fun development for Raki and Claire to accept different means to an end. Gatts protected his companions, but he was also perfectly alright with hacking down anyone in the way. Although a fun parallel already is how the character's motivations are polar opposites at this point.

I am not sure how to clarify better.

After reading Berserk, Jiraishin, and Shin Angyo Onshi I do enjoy that anti hero-ish character(if done well). At this point I am not even certain "anti-hero" fits so much as "chaotic good."

Edit: Insane over-the-top violence can always be a plus.

Edit 2: Maybe I am over-analyzing Berserk, when in fact, the whole arc was over the top gore.

Let's just hope Yagi never finds the joy in Idol Master...god damn it Miura.
Old 2010-08-06, 21:49   Link #394
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Well anyways... lets ask people here on the forum just to be safe. Could someone translate ch 87 page 8 when Deneve talks about Dietrich's speed and stamina? Thanks in advance!
Chapter 87 pg 8? That's the Isley and Helen fighting. I doubt that: "What's this?" "The city is..." "let's let's get out of here!" is hardly worth re-translating.

You mean chapter 86 page 8 I assume?
I'm not sure I can help you with this one, though.
Deneve uses the word "gobu" - if you look it up in the dictionary, it says: "half; 50%; tie; evenness"
That said, the word, if read by kanji means "5 parts" - usually in the context 5 parts out of 10. The word is often used in twice right after each other - i.e. "gobugobu" which means 50-50 (5-5 in a contest to ten). This leads me to believe that it means "half" in this context rather than a tie. I would not bet on this though, nor argue if contradicted.

kuso
"dammit"
masaka furikirene to wa na
"incredible we don't shake her off"
tanjun na idou SUPEEDO de wareware to gobu
Simply in terms of movement speed, [she] is gobu of/with us.
(I'm about 65% sure it means "half" in this case)
nani yori stamina ga aru you da
Looks like she's got stamina like nothing else.

Sorry - it's the best I can do for you at the moment.
Old 2010-08-06, 21:54   Link #395
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Chapter 87 pg 8? That's the Isley and Helen fighting. I doubt that: "What's this?" "The city is..." "let's let's get out of here!" is hardly worth re-translating.

You mean chapter 86 page 8 I assume?
I'm not sure I can help you with this one, though.
Deneve uses the word "gobu" - if you look it up in the dictionary, it says: "half; 50%; tie; evenness"
That said, the word, if read by kanji means "5 parts" - usually in the context 5 parts out of 10. The word is often used in twice right after each other - i.e. "gobugobu" which means 50-50 (5-5 in a contest to ten). This leads me to believe that it means "half" in this context rather than a tie. I would not bet on this though, nor argue if contradicted.

kuso
"dammit"
masaka furikirene to wa na
"incredible we don't shake her off"
tanjun na idou SUPEEDO de wareware to gobu
Simply in terms of movement speed, [she] is gobu of/with us.
(I'm about 65% sure it means "half" in this case)
nani yori stamina ga aru you da
Looks like she's got stamina like nothing else.

Sorry - it's the best I can do for you at the moment.
Thanks anyway... wonder why 2 of the best translators of Claymore said otherwise when you made it sound quite clear

Maybe someone else can clear this up for us Now I just wanna know the answer, since you know me I just wanna know what the RAW really says

Wish I could give you a cookie for that one!

Sorry about the typo for the chapter #
Old 2010-08-06, 22:17   Link #396
Joe_fh

Spoiler for another long reply to Malak:

Hmm...Spaceballs and Berserk Sound like fun.
I wonde what would happen if those two actually get mixed up together (though it's probably better to never find out )
Old 2010-08-06, 22:20   Link #397
Nixl

Strangely, Berserk does have a lot of humor in it despite all the gore. Puck and the later characters do a lot to soften up the atmosphere ( a little...). Furthermore, who could forget all the ridiculous knight factions such as the Purple Rhino Heavy Knight army.
Old 2010-08-06, 22:21   Link #398
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Well well seems finally has released the english scan for chapter 106...
Old 2010-08-06, 23:00   Link #399
MalakTawus

Spoiler for Joe_fh:

This is just speculation (probably quite stupid),but don't you think that Rubel could have a plan to use the soul-link reseach or something else to create an huge disaster that destroys the island org?I mean with all the crazy experiments that the org is conducting,Rubel could cause the org autodestruction quite easily (well not really...) with all those dangerous monstres around.Maybe in this chap he was referring to some sort of "incident" that he was preparing and that maybe Miria ruined......or maybe not......

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2010-08-06 at 23:10.
Old 2010-08-06, 23:29   Link #400
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Thanks anyway... wonder why 2 of the best translators of Claymore said otherwise when you made it sound quite clear

Maybe someone else can clear this up for us Now I just wanna know the answer, since you know me I just wanna know what the RAW really says

Wish I could give you a cookie for that one!

Sorry about the typo for the chapter #
Just what in my post made it sound clear?
Whether the meaning is: "half; 50%" or "tie; evenness" is something I can only make a guess at.
I just figured some info is better than none
Closed Thread