AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-02-05, 20:34   Link #61
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

does anybody feel like tobirama is the one who is going to get the bigger slice of the limelight cake?
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 20:42   Link #62
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
So the Uchiha are"Special" we kinda already knew that. makes a lot a sense considering all the inbreeding. a genetic Illness.

IT was really fun to see the first hokage's personality was completely different from what everyone imagined. seems that minato is the only one without any flawed character traits, without any noticeable personality for that matter.

the next few chapters will give the author a chance to flesh out our dead heroes, but he also risks ruining their images forever.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 21:12   Link #63
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
IT was really fun to see the first hokage's personality was completely different from what everyone imagined.
Huh? We were told he was just like Naruto so there was really nothing surprising here. We knew Hashirama was the Naruto-type who want to make friend with everybody and it was obvious that his brother was however the suspicious type whose distrust paved the way for a future rebellion.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 21:32   Link #64
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
Okay Tsunade is 54 and Hiruzen died at 69 when Tsunade was 50. That means if Tsunade and Hashirama met, Hiruzen was 19 when Hashirama was still the Shodai!
I think the timeline might work out, but it's close. Tsunade looks like she's 3 or 4 in Hashirama's memory. So if he died around that time, then Hiruzen would have been about 21-22. By this age, Tobirama died and made Hiruzen the 3rd hokage.

I suspect Hashirama stepped down as hokage before his death, otherwise Tobirama would have had a very short reign as hokage.
Old 2013-02-05, 23:15   Link #65
Artful Dodger

I thought it was funny how polite Minato was to Orochimaru (in my translation anyway), calling him "Orochmaru-San". It seems Kishimoto really wants to portray the fourth as Mr. Perfect.

Anyway, I thought this situation and the chapter was really intersting --enough for me to hope that the story doesn't shift back to the "ninja war" for a good while. We have a very interesting group of characters here, and so far the interaction and dialogue has been plentiful(for a change) and really entertaining, what with Suigetsu & Sasuke's facial expressions at the first hokage, and the sibling rivalry between the first and second, really fun stuff to read... "That Orochimaru brat again!"
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 00:01   Link #66
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyuubiRocks View Post
Ummmm... WHO IS THIS GUY?!!

That really got me laughing man...I really enjoyed this chapter good to see the personalities of
all the Kages. The amount of PURE POWER AWESOMENESS in that one room is just AWESOME.
All their powers combined would easily put an end to the war going on.
Tobirama.....
Hashirama.....
Hiruzen.....
Minato.....
Will of the Leaf!

By your powers combined, I am Captain Hokage!
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 00:04   Link #67
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
I suspect Hashirama stepped down as hokage before his death, otherwise Tobirama would have had a very short reign as hokage.
yea me too. i'm inclined to think, given their personalities, that tobirama convinced/manipulated hashirama to step down so that he could lead konoha in a more dictatorial manner similar to danzo
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 00:18   Link #68
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

There is no need for a step down, Hashirama was killed shortly after the founding of the village and similarly Nidaime died during the early days of the 1st world war that started soon after that. Sandaime ruled Konoha for almost its entire existence. It's a classic case of Nobunaga pounds the national rice cake, Hideyoshi kneads it, and in the end Ieyasu sits down and eats it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 00:24   Link #69
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
I thought it was funny how polite Minato was to Orochimaru (in my translation anyway), calling him "Orochmaru-San". It seems Kishimoto really wants to portray the fourth as Mr. Perfect.
Orochimaru was on the level of Jiraiya who was Minato's master. Of course he'd be polite.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 01:09   Link #70
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
There is no need for a step down, Hashirama was killed shortly after the founding of the village and similarly Nidaime died during the early days of the 1st world war that started soon after that. Sandaime ruled Konoha for almost its entire existence. It's a classic case of Nobunaga pounds the national rice cake, Hideyoshi kneads it, and in the end Ieyasu sits down and eats it.
oh yea. that's true. i'd like to know how he died exactly. i guess we will find out soon. it's evidenced that he died at a young age since the ET brings him back at the age he died, so who or how many people did it take to kill him? makes me wonder if it was a tobirama setup. i smell an even worse guy than danzo in tobirama. just inventing edo tensei alone is a pretty evil deed
Old 2013-02-06, 01:20   Link #71
james0246

Quote:
So my theory that Obito was brain damaged was vindicated, it just so happen to be a built in Uchiha feature.
Thank god for mental illness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
oh yea. that's true. i'd like to know how he died exactly. i guess we will find out soon. it's evidenced that he died at a young age since the ET brings him back at the age he died, so who or how many people did it take to kill him?
Edo Tensei is somewhat inconsistent. Sasori comes back as a real boy (seemingly having never aged), yet Sarutobi and Chiyo are old fogies (who knows whats going on under Hanzou's mask) and Nagato is still messed up but he has the Rinnegan even though it is not his (and Madara has the EMS even though they are not his eyes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
makes me wonder if it was a tobirama setup. i smell an even worse guy than danzo in tobirama. just inventing edo tensei alone is a pretty evil deed
I'm really not getting this Tobirama suspicion. The very fact that he chose Sarutobi over Danzou is fairly indicative of the fact that he is not a strict nor harsh dictator (all Kages are degrees of dictators). Tobirama simply seems extremely pragmatic, maybe even a little cynical, but not bloodthirsty (he does condemn his own forbidden technique) and certainly not a warmonger patriot like Danzou (he did sacrifice himself for the betterment of the village). I think you are harshly condemning him simply because he is another Tobi and all Tobi are evil in the Narutoverse (especially Sarutobi) .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 01:59   Link #72
ronin myael
lost ronin

a lot of people are saying that they were surprised to find out that the shodai is a bit like naruto, but honestly i didn't find it surprising at all. somehow, i've always had this impression that he was a more carefree and charismatic leader than any of the hokage. the fact that he encouraged unity among the villages and dealt with them with diplomacy by distributing the bijuu to them is a sign that he was not as "badass" as we thought he was. yes, he was god-like powerful but he was kind and generous as well. it was tobirama that i felt was the more serious, strategic and calculating type. he did strike me as someone who would seem like the older and more mature one between the siblings. but i like tobirama more, he was always my favorite senju brother and my favorite hokage.

apart from the uchiha love-sharingan-evil angle, i liked this chapter. that was lame!
Old 2013-02-06, 02:39   Link #73
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu seems like a pretty evil technique, I mean consuming your enemy in a ball of fiery death...
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 04:34   Link #74
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu seems like a pretty evil technique, I mean consuming your enemy in a ball of fiery death...
not to mention it's speciality justu of the uchiha

even though we have admired as to how powerful and intelligent and all in all awesome Itachi was, i wonder how much more powerful and evil he would have become if sasuke had died at some point in manga, which would have unleashed the ultimate power of the sharingan in Itachi's eyes(i.e. losing the one you most love)
Old 2013-02-06, 05:14   Link #75
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post

even though we have admired as to how powerful and intelligent and all in all awesome Itachi was, i wonder how much more powerful and evil he would have become if sasuke had died at some point in manga, which would have unleashed the ultimate power of the sharingan in Itachi's eyes(i.e. losing the one you most love)
We will end up with team of Itachi, Tobi and Madara instead of just 2 which mean it will be the end of naruto world and activation of moon plan.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 08:23   Link #76
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
We will end up with team of Itachi, Tobi and Madara instead of just 2 which mean it will be the end of naruto world and activation of moon plan.
ya pretty much, with Itachi(in ultimate stage), with the bad guys there's no way they could be stopped not with enormous Kyubbi chakra and not with Shikaku's Battle plan, i think then there will really be no hope
Old 2013-02-06, 09:05   Link #77
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
There is no need for a step down, Hashirama was killed shortly after the founding of the village and similarly Nidaime died during the early days of the 1st world war that started soon after that.
Maybe, maybe not. I don't know what "shortly after the founding of Konoha" means anymore. If it means the same thing as Madara dying "shorty" after awakening the Rinnegan, then that's about 10 years time. Based on the images from this latest chapter and the images of Hiruzen's appointment to hokage, I would say that Tobirama's and Hashirama's deaths weren't that far apart.
Old 2013-02-06, 10:42   Link #78
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post

lol Itachi is not derpy
Joining forces with Madara wouldn't suit him.
Old 2013-02-06, 10:53   Link #79
james0246

Quote:
And drowning them in water, or burning them with lava/acid, or cutting them up into pieces with wind, or frying them with lightning are also nice and pleasant things, right?

Fire is generally seen as being a "passionate" element, so it's placement within the Uchiha Clan makes quite a bit of sense now. Then again, it is a casual relationship at best and many other characters that use other elements do not so closely represent the cultural stereotypes of their elements.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 12:35   Link #80
itachi-san314

Quote:
i was going to say it's their fiery passion, but james beat me to it it really is the most fittingly symbolic element for them to use

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm really not getting this Tobirama suspicion. The very fact that he chose Sarutobi over Danzou is fairly indicative of the fact that he is not a strict nor harsh dictator (all Kages are degrees of dictators). Tobirama simply seems extremely pragmatic, maybe even a little cynical, but not bloodthirsty (he does condemn his own forbidden technique) and certainly not a warmonger patriot like Danzou (he did sacrifice himself for the betterment of the village). I think you are harshly condemning him simply because he is another Tobi and all Tobi are evil in the Narutoverse (especially Sarutobi) .
lol yea. i'm not saying i believe him to be evil. i'm just saying that i have my suspicions of him. it can be argued that danzo had the village in mind during his heinous actions. sarutobi probably got softer in his old age, while i think danzo got more agressive. probably after not being chosen to be hokage, similar to orochimaru, is what threw danzo off the deep end in terms of morality, so I doubt tobirama ever got a chance to see the danzo we all know and love. i guess all i'm hinting at is that tobirama is the type of leader to throw morality out the window if he thinks it will benefit konoha and he doesn't seem above stabbing his own brother in the back if he can justify it. whereas hashirama, like naruto, would probably take a beating to defend someone who doesnt deserve it

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion