AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2012-12-28, 21:15   Link #2441
AznAndy94
The Unknown Artist

Send a message via MSN to AznAndy94 Send a message via Yahoo to AznAndy94
Someone please fix "Hello Little Girl". In fact, just redo it. It's poorly done...
I would do it myself, but I don't have any resources.
AznAndy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 15:28   Link #2442
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznAndy94 View Post
Someone please fix "Hello Little Girl". In fact, just redo it. It's poorly done...
I would do it myself, but I don't have any resources.
Does anyone still have the scans? I could take a look at this but I'd rather have the original in my hand before I start mucking around with it.

Edit: Singing! version 2 is up, with Gitarisuto's fixes. NO, Thank you! version 2 is also up.

Gitarisuto, regarding Fuwa Fuwa Time: What source are you basing your changes off of? Because there's a (Studio Mix) and a (Live Mix) and each of them is slightly different. In fact some of the changes you made are already present in one or the other of the two versions.

Last edited by trenton_dawn; 2012-12-29 at 21:29.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 08:27   Link #2443
Hachitora

Gitarisuto, I was looking at your tabs to Fuwa Fuwa Time and during the arpeggio parts, I noticed there was a bit of a difference from what I hear. I used the same video that you used to change my tabs of the song a while back and I heard something more like this.

It's not much of a difference, but my OCD was bugging me a bit =w=. I could be wrong, but I can swear I'm hearing this instead.
Hachitora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 20:56   Link #2444
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Send a message via MSN to BigSmokeDawg
Nice work on Hold On Your Love. I covered that a while ago, and it'd have been a ton easier with a proper tab I had to get my teacher to help me work out a few bits of it. I also covered Stylish Mistake and Shiosai to Yuuhi. You can find the videos on my channel; they might help if you decide to tab those
Old 2013-01-29, 13:05   Link #2445
deng17
Sylpheed

Send a message via Yahoo to deng17
@Guitaristo
That Hold On Your Love tab is awesome!
deng17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 06:06   Link #2446
LazyMuffin

Hey guys im new here :P
I registered so I can ask you if anybody here has U&I guitar tabs.
I mean the full version with the bridge and all that
Thank you very much D:
Old 2013-03-12, 20:48   Link #2447
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyMuffin View Post
Hey guys im new here :P
I registered so I can ask you if anybody here has U&I guitar tabs.
I mean the full version with the bridge and all that
Thank you very much D:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1483

Checked this?
Old 2013-03-13, 13:14   Link #2448
LazyMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmokeDawg View Post
Thanks for answering

I did checked it but when I tried to download U&I it went like -

Quote:
Not Found

The requested URL /U & I [Studio Mix].gp5 was not found on this server.
Other songs worked just fine BTW thanks a lot for that
Old 2013-03-13, 14:55   Link #2449
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That remnds me, did that group ever get around to doing some covers like they were talking about last summer?
Old 2013-03-14, 12:38   Link #2450
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Quote:
Thanks for answering

Try download this - http://www.mediafire.com/?7rvjcxt5a6x01xq - it should be in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
That remnds me, did that group ever get around to doing some covers like they were talking about last summer?
It never happened unfortunately, we ran into a few problems, and I was very busy with things around that time ):
Old 2013-03-14, 14:05   Link #2451
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:

Sorry about that, I've fixed all the broken links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Yeah...that's mostly my bad, I never finished my drum part.
Old 2013-03-29, 09:24   Link #2452
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

uhmmm, can anyone tab this? Thank you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LimC9dwvv4k

And would anyone have tabs on certain K-on acoustic renditions? I mean, like the one I've posted above (preferably songs like U&I, Tsubasa Wo Kudasai and Fuwa Fuwa Time maybe... I do like some slow tempo/sad song acoustic rendition of these songs... Brings out the sadness...) Plus I've relieved myself from doing any electric guitar covers, or even handling my electric guitar. One reason is because I can't build a good-enough tone settings in my recording setup.

On a side note, I've been having a really hard time creating basic rhythm tone settings with ReValver MkIII... I just can't hit that "sweet spot" (not too metal/crunchy sounding but not too light), which is predominant in most songs from K-On... Any tips on building a K-On-like rhythm overdriven tone? Basic settings on the Low, Mid, High, Gain, Pre and post-gain would be nice... (tried creating a rhythm set-up with GR4, but ReValver seemed to produce the closest tone so far, so I went with that)

Thanks...
Old 2013-03-30, 05:20   Link #2453
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

I think the best solution is to get a new guitar and amp (Or a new amp at the least.) Software like that is never going to come close to what a real guitar sounds like, so you're best off just skipping the middle man and getting a nice amp

Speaking of recording set ups, I've been getting a lot into music production recently. I've already released my first album, and I've started work on a second one. Here's a song I'm working on that's (Kind of) K-ON! inspired - https://soundcloud.com/bsmoked/song-1-30-3-13 (Thae guitar is my Fender Mustang and Blackstar HT-5RH mic'd up with a Samson Q7)

Last edited by BigSmokeDawg; 2013-03-30 at 21:32.
BigSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 14:37   Link #2454
deng17
Sylpheed

@LightMusicBand
I wasn't able to produce any tone that sounds like K-ON when I was using GR4 before.

Right now, I got a new rig LTD MH-53 for guitar and ZOOM G2.1nu for effects processor. I'm not that good with shaping tones yet but I think it's very possible to produce an overdriven tone. I'll try to play with it tomorrow.

EDIT: Oh I forgot my headphones is broken ><

I haven't bought an amplifier yet cause I ran out of funds XD. There's a very big difference with a good amp vs a cheap one. I'm not sure yet if it compares with directly plugging my effects processor to the computer since ZOOM's boasting their direct recording.

@BigSmoke
I'm curious about your tone, sounds K-ON-ish. What's your amp setting? I just want to have an idea on how to shape it on my own rig.
Old 2013-04-01, 00:46   Link #2455
trenton_dawn
Silt

I have a Zoom G1XN that I run through a Roland Cube Monitor--not to be confused with their Cube guitar amps, the Cube Monitor is designed for general purpose amplification and I originally bought it for my Korg keyboard.

I have tone demos with terrible playing here, if anyone is interested: https://soundcloud.com/trenton_dawn/...-on-tone-demos
Old 2013-04-01, 02:51   Link #2456
deng17
Sylpheed

Okay here's my try on K-ON overdrive tone with Houkago Tea Time. My playing's really sloppy specially on the 1st guitar solo (offbeat XD). The tone's not perfect but I think it will do (hopefully my cheap earphones is not fooling me).

Studio Version:
https://soundcloud.com/xylph/houkago-tea-time

Bass and Drums backtrack:
https://soundcloud.com/xylph/houkago...ime-bass-drums

I would appreciate it if you have comments/suggestion for my tone. Here's a screenshot of the patch I've created:
Old 2013-04-01, 09:09   Link #2457
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by deng17 View Post
@BigSmoke
I'm curious about your tone, sounds K-ON-ish. What's your amp setting? I just want to have an idea on how to shape it on my own rig.

This is my rig! I use a Fender Mustang with a Blackstar HT-5R and a EHX Big Muff Pi. I mic it up with a Samson Q7, which is running into my Line 6 UX2 interface. I've also just ordered a Marshall Echohead delay pedal lol. I use the fuzz infront of my amp's OD for my lead tone, but all my rhythm stuff comes from the amp. Settings are as follows:

ISF (Feature unique to this amp, basically a tone knob) - 2 o'clock
Treble - 3 o'clock
Middle - 1 o'clock
Bass - 12 o'clock
Gain - 12 o'clock

Then I use a tiny bit of reverb to make notes last a little longer.

Your tone sounds pretty close! I think maybe you have a tiny bit too much gain though. Best way to get the K-on! tone I think is to roll off on the gain a bit to make it nice and crunchy.
Old 2013-04-01, 11:09   Link #2458
deng17
Sylpheed

Yours looks expensive. I can't compare XD. I went to the cheaper way (ZOOM) so I could get all the effects on one gadget.

Hmm if the EQ's already good then I'll just lower the gain. I have the tendency to make something that works both on rhythm and lead (which leads me to increasing the gain). I guess I'll need to have 2 separate setup per song. Maybe I also need to lower the reverb a bit. Hmm maybe I should also lower the mids XD.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 2013-04-02, 07:49   Link #2459
ChihiroAoi
Yamada

Hello to all there's something I just want to ask to all of you..hope you can help me

I'm new in guitar effects ( I only have Zoom G1x pedals )

my question is how can I get the sound in these video(only my railgun I know this is off topic but still I want your help ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBl-RgTat5I - 0:22 ....... I can't get that sound even I vibrate it harder or using different patches anyone there knows how can I get that sound using my zoom ?? thanks in Advance

BTW : I can only play Don't say lazy and My love is stapler xD ....fuwa fuwa time is so hard for me haha

Last edited by ChihiroAoi; 2013-04-02 at 08:34.
ChihiroAoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 13:18   Link #2460
trenton_dawn
Silt

Chihiro, that's a pinch harmonic. If you search it you can find some good tutorials. One of my favorites is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I5O8P-r5Rk

I still can't consistently do them myself. Needs practice!