AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-24, 07:21   Link #4321
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Practitioners of non-killing are always at an disadvantage against those who kill if only for the fact that their repertoire and options are limited, ceterus peribus. Nothing new there.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 15:14   Link #4322
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I gotta say this fight has been a little... I don't... Underwhelming. Agaard x Apachai was really awesome, but this one I just don't feel it.
Old 2011-08-25, 15:48   Link #4323
NoLongerSane

Well, the majority of the fight has been done by flashbacks. It's interesting to see Sasaki's past but I am wondering if we are going to have most of the Masters vs Masters matches have flashbacks to them. We have seen Appachi's, Shigure's, and now Sakaki. We know a bit about Ma, but we have yet to see his wife and the clan his clan has been at aggressions with. Then there is Akisame and the Elder himself.
Old 2011-08-26, 03:38   Link #4324
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

[QUOTE=NoLongerSane;3742447]Well, the majority of the fight has been done by flashbacks. It's interesting to see Sasaki's past but I am wondering if we are going to have most of the Masters vs Masters matches have flashbacks to them. We have seen Appachi's, Shigure's, and now Sakaki. We know a bit about Ma, but we have yet to see his wife and the clan his clan has been at aggressions with. Then there is Akisame and the Elder himself.[/QUOTE]

Yes..and this is interesting , because Akisame was the best friend of Saiga...the son of the Elder...
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 08:21   Link #4325
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
I gotta say this fight has been a little... I don't... Underwhelming. Agaard x Apachai was really awesome, but this one I just don't feel it.
Agaard x Apachai implies a slash coupling, not a fight.

To be honest, the Sakaki vs Hongo duel in the flashback is much more intense and emotionally fraught, especially since Hongo killed Suzuki in front of Sasaki. Yet we already know that both survived, so a retelling of that fight can't excite beyond a point. The present-day encounter feels meh, a postscript on a story that already ended sadly long ago, with nothing really at stake now.

Apachai against Agaard did a better job of balancing the flashback and present, because they never actually duked it out in the past. There was a whole reverse Darth Vader /Obi Wan Kenobi theme going on there - the young disciple finally mature enough to challenge his master. I still think it would have served better if Apachai had died there, especially since I don't see him in a serious master vs master fight again in the series. And I love Apachai.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 14:46   Link #4326
Khalil

Kenichi gets an eyeful and scores points. Could an important announcement mean a new anime?
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 15:07   Link #4327
Shadow5YA

Looks like that Yami might be trying to recruit Miu again.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 15:09   Link #4328
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I don't know about you but those Miu fanservice is getting annoying. And would be cool if there's a new anime.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 15:10   Link #4329
ShiroiRyu

I hope for a second season !\o/
Moar Kenichi, i always loved this fight :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdCAh3Xkds8

And the chapter : No Panty cover ...
Anyways, Miu boobies and Miu blushing. **
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 15:27   Link #4330
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Finally!

Spoiler for 444:
Old 2011-09-12, 15:30   Link #4331
Johnny
Working the bags...

I think it would be pretty funny if he does a 180 and the dude grabs Kenichi. Hell, I'd want Kenichi. He's busted his ass and look how far he's gotten in such a short amount of time compared to the others at his level...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 15:58   Link #4332
NoLongerSane

Really enjoyed the chapter.
Spoiler for 444:

As for the special announcement, I am hoping for a least an OVA release with a volume as some of the other series have been doing.
Old 2011-09-12, 16:17   Link #4333
cyberdemon

anouncement huh? They certainly have more than enough material for a complete season like the last one. If it is then i'd say it's likely to end with the fght between Shou and Kenichi.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 16:36   Link #4334
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

"God must be testing me!" I seriously lol'd

And the Renka cover page! Hot <3 My second fav girl next to Shigure.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 17:37   Link #4335
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

@444 DIE SATSUKI!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
"God must be testing me!" I seriously lol'd

And the Renka cover page! Hot <3 My second fav girl next to Shigure.
We share good taste in fiction characters.
Old 2011-09-13, 03:49   Link #4336
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Renka is Hot..and perverted!because she is the daughter of The perverted Master!

Nice chapter...the fight is good! Hongo and Sakaki are really a monster!
Kenichi...You're looking very well ....to Miu heeee?hahahah

finally this...i hope the target of the Demon god and Mikumo, is Kenichi, and not Miu....both of them,have expressed interest in Kenichi,i don't know how they can take Kenichi or Miu, and make one of them a bad guy....however is interesting

For the announcement..if they make a secondserie of the anime.., i hope this time, the voices of the characters is different because i can't hear those of the first series..., and especially the animation must be changed...in a high level...for the fights...if really a second season of the anime happened...i can't wait to see Shigure Kousaka!!she is the one of my favorites girl character... shiugre Kousaka is the best!!
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 07:51   Link #4337
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

*sighs* well it looks like muis gonna get kidnapped soon, then kenichi will finnaly be able "to protect mui" well in saving her anyway. Lets just hope it doesnt take 50+ chapters, i hate kidnapping arcs
Old 2011-09-13, 08:46   Link #4338
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

But for Miu or Kenichi to be kidnapped, they would deal with the Elder first. He did follow them in secret, right? So IF that "kidnapping" was planned from the get-go, they surely would have a (few) Yami master(s) on standby to distract the Elder. I'm sure otherwise, the Elder would raepstomp them should they dare to lay a finger on Miu/Kenichi (more so on the former of course).
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 09:25   Link #4339
Khalil

If someone is kidnapped, please let it be Kenichi, that would be so much more interesting and unexpected, than the Damsel-in-distress storyline I dread we'll actually get.
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 10:49   Link #4340
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
If someone is kidnapped, please let it be Kenichi, that would be so much more interesting and unexpected, than the Damsel-in-distress storyline I dread we'll actually get.
I know that would be really cool especially if they manage to plant some darkness in him

Tags
shounen