2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.60%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-02-26, 04:01   Link #121
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
...That sounds like the most vicious Gundam ever created....
It isn't named the "Unicorn" for nothing.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 05:27   Link #122
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Wrong, dead wrong.
Yeah pretty much. When I see that last set of fights in episode 25 especially I can't help but admire the action choreography behind it all. I hope they keep pushing it like they did with this episode.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 06:26   Link #123
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
As for Audrey...would I have figured it out? I dunno, that movie poster kinda yells at anybody who has seen any of the 3 (maybe 2, MSG didn't really feature her much) major UC series. And she definitely has a very "important" air to her. IMO, if the anime came out before the novel I think that people definitely would have speculated correctly, but I think I'd probably have missed the mark (maybe something crazy like Char's secret daughter).
If you read the novel thread, people speculated correctly about her identity back when her novel design first came out too.

Actually her design in the novel was a bit too obvious, mostly due to Yaz's art..
Old 2010-02-26, 06:55   Link #124
hai_san

God i love this episode. Music, animation fight choreographie everything is absolute amazing. Story is CLICHE but at least is "original" and try not to be ingenious like 00 Celestial Being antiwar idea. Oh my god 3 years to finish all the ovas? why couldnt they finish all ovas and release them all at once... I wouldnt mind waiting 3 years when i could see everything all at once. Now we have to wait 1/2 year for the next ova which will also a cliffhanger then you wait again 1/2 year for next and so on...
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 08:22   Link #125
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
Oh my god 3 years to finish all the ovas? why couldnt they finish all ovas and release them all at once... I wouldnt mind waiting 3 years when i could see everything all at once. Now we have to wait 1/2 year for the next ova which will also a cliffhanger then you wait again 1/2 year for next and so on...
To build up the hype and capitalise on the mass anticipation for the next ep....it's all part of the business.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 14:56   Link #126
dbj

first episode is fantastic. too bad itll only be 6 episodes long. is this going to be aired every week? if it is then the whole anime will be finished by april? too short =(
dbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 15:19   Link #127
epl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbj View Post
first episode is fantastic. too bad itll only be 6 episodes long. is this going to be aired every week? if it is then the whole anime will be finished by april? too short =(
No. The next episode is coming out in Fall, ~7 months from now. Also, each episode is 60 min. So in theory, it is like 12 ep in usual anime format.
epl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 17:45   Link #128
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Actually her design in the novel was a bit too obvious, mostly due to Yaz's art..
The main reason why i had no trouble working out who she was all those many months ago.

I'm sure it's the same for a lot of people really.
Old 2010-02-26, 18:20   Link #129
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
6 50-minute long episodes. It's just like a 12 episode series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The main reason why i had no trouble working out who she was all those many months ago.

I wish I had the chance to figure it out for myself.
Old 2010-02-26, 18:33   Link #130
hai_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

Well if you have watch/knowledge about the UC timelimes from 0080 - Chars Counter, there arent that many girls who would/could be called "princess/hime" by certain factions like in this case. In the beginning i had no clue only some assumptions, after she runs over the cinema with "Runeaway Princess" i was about 50% sure/guess/believe who she was. By the end when Marida actually called her "princess" and the conversation between her and Cardeas and the way the "captain/master" asked for her because of her importance to them made me sure 100% that Audrey is ...

btw i didnt read the novels yet... something to do in the next 2-3years till the ovas will finish.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 23:03   Link #131
dbj

Quote:
Originally Posted by epl View Post
No. The next episode is coming out in Fall, ~7 months from now. Also, each episode is 60 min. So in theory, it is like 12 ep in usual anime format.
damn 7months? lol by that time i probably forgot about it.

well hope they will bring out a new gundam tv series in the meantime.
Old 2010-02-26, 23:28   Link #132
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
damn 7months? lol by that time i probably forgot about it.

well hope they will bring out a new gundam tv series in the meantime.
There's a new Gundam series coming out in April...
Old 2010-02-26, 23:32   Link #133
dbj

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
There's a new Gundam series coming out in April...
thanks for letting me know. although im not a fan of SD but the three kingdoms seems interesting.
Old 2010-02-27, 01:08   Link #134
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

i wonder if everyone will be able to keep up with the all the hype since the second episode will come out 7 months from now especially now that there's gonna be a new series coming 2 months from now... anyways they should at least give us a little teaser at some times...
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 01:14   Link #135
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
i wonder if everyone will be able to keep up with the all the hype since the second episode will come out 7 months from now especially now that there's gonna be a new series coming 2 months from now... anyways they should at least give us a little teaser at some times...
To us who grew up with the UC era, 3 years is nothing. I mean we've survived series with similar release nature like 0080, 0083 and 08th in real time.
Old 2010-02-27, 01:34   Link #136
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
To us who grew up with the UC era, 3 years is nothing. I mean we've survived series with similar release nature like 0080, 0083 and 08th in real time.
i somehow feel relieved that ppl can stay faithful to it after all this waiting. all hail neo zeon!!

anyways i haven't the novel but, i know everyone is dying to know about the 2nd episode... i hope the fight between banagher and marida is just as badass as the one i have in mind i can't wait to see marida getting punished by the N-TD (which reminds me a lot about the Trans-am) and if there's gonna be a romance involved is it gonna be about audrey(aka Mineva)xbanagherxmicott or is it gonna be maridaxbanagherxaudreyxmicott or is it the other way around (i know it's too early to say but i just wanna say it just in case...)
Old 2010-02-27, 01:47   Link #137
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
i somehow feel relieved that ppl can stay faithful to it after all this waiting. all hail neo zeon!!
The really hardcore ones would have grabbed the novels and be done with the series anyway. You're looking at one example here.

If you are really impatient, I can spill the details.
Old 2010-02-27, 02:07   Link #138
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
The really hardcore ones would have grabbed the novels and be done with the series anyway. You're looking at one example here.

If you are really impatient, I can spill the details.
nah it's ok i'll try to endure it... i'm sure i can... hopefully...
Old 2010-02-27, 03:17   Link #139
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
nah it's ok i'll try to endure it... i'm sure i can... hopefully...
How about this ? I'm open to translation request of certain parts from the novel in regards to OVA Episode 1 (Not going to do the entire 500+ pages, because that will kill me.) if people is willing to forgive any spelling mistakes, grarmmatical errors, nosensical phrases, translation errors AKA bad and amaturish translations on my part.

I'm sure some of you here had read the earlier post featuring the omitted battle between the Loto and the Kshatriya to get a feel of my style. But let me say this, I'm a slow one and it might take 3-4 days before you see any work done depending on the wall of text, and the time I can divided between my work and gaming commitment and fan translation. All work will be posted in the Novel thread.
Old 2010-02-27, 03:44   Link #140
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
How about this ? I'm open to translation request of certain parts from the novel in regards to OVA Episode 1 (Not going to do the entire 500+ pages, because that will kill me.) if people is willing to forgive any spelling mistakes, grarmmatical errors, nosensical phrases, translation errors AKA bad and amaturish translations on my part.

I'm sure some of you here had read the earlier post featuring the omitted battle between the Loto and the Kshatriya to get a feel of my style. But let me say this, I'm a slow one and it might take 3-4 days before you see any work done depending on the wall of text, and the time I can divided between my work and gaming commitment and fan translation. All work will be posted in the Novel thread.
Sounds great, but it would be better if you'd consider the request after Deacon Blues is done with his La+ Project that's supposed to chart out the comparisons between the animation and the novel.

Most would probably prefer to know what was left out from the adaption after all. And it'd be less tedious on your part. until a sizable and solid effort and interest in translating the novels pop up anyway... though I'm pessimistic.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote