AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-19, 18:21   Link #61
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Oh it comes out tomorrow!? goody, i got somethin to put on my rent list.

... and tare you all up with Raiden.
20th for the US guys. 21-23rd for the pal peasants for official physical release. Digital should be midnight.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 12:02   Link #62
defki

Color me suprised but the reviews are really positive. Didn't expected that considering the mocking and animosity that everyone had for this game.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500618

Not that it really matters to me but I am still happy. With Sony's shitty advertising the game needs good word of mouth and reviews to sell because I want my sequel.
Old 2012-11-20, 20:24   Link #63
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

kinda surprise for a Smash Brawl game this had high scores.
But then again implementing all the moveset in different games is awesome to see.
Old 2012-11-21, 01:32   Link #64
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
kinda surprise for a Smash Brawl game this had high scores.
But then again implementing all the moveset in different games is awesome to see.
On the contrary, it's because it's essentially Sony Smash Bros that this game will get high scores. No matter how balanced or unbalanced it will be gameplay-wise, it will still be a big fanservice to have everyone's favorite characters into one game. Smash Bros at its peak with Melee only had about a third to a half of the cast actually usable competitively, but people still loved the game to death.

Whether it's original or fun or not, the fact is that it has plenty of iconic characters people will remember.

Except... you know, using DmC Dante's model instead of the Dante that has been there for 4 DMC games. But hey, no one ever said it was perfect!
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 02:42   Link #65
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Except... you know, using DmC Dante's model instead of the Dante that has been there for 4 DMC games. But hey, no one ever said it was perfect!
There is nothing that can be done about it. If Capcom said Dino or no Dante I doubt Superbot had a choice. Dino is the new Dante people need to accept that. Capcom pushes the game and the character. If DmC succeeds Dino will stay. Let's just hope DmC will bomb like it should.

And people hate the roster. About every review complains or remarks the same things: roster and presentation. It didn't get the good scores on nostalgia alone.
Old 2012-11-21, 03:15   Link #66
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
There is nothing that can be done about it. If Capcom said Dino or no Dante I doubt Superbot had a choice. Dino is the new Dante people need to accept that. Capcom pushes the game and the character. If DmC succeeds Dino will stay. Let's just hope DmC will bomb like it should.

And people hate the roster. About every review complains or remarks the same things: roster and presentation. It didn't get the good scores on nostalgia alone.
I don't really expect anything to be done about the new Dante at this point, but I still question whether it was a good decision. Even Nintendo/Sora was smart enough to use Ike's Path of Radiance model over his bulky roid raged Radiant Dawn body, despite Radiant Dawn being the most current Fire Emblem game at the time.

And after reading some of the reviews that were linked, all I'm getting is that the game is a solid party fighter. I don't see complaints that the roster is bad, but that it's lacking, which is a difference. The reviews praise the fact that the characters there retain unique moves that come from their own game. The roster being lacking just comes from that fact that the characters are less "iconic" than Nintendo's cast.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 03:41   Link #67
defki

Problem is Ike belongs to Nintendo. So there is no problem of using the old (and better) model of Ike. Dante is third party. All Superbot can say is we want Dante. Capcom decides which model they have to use. In this case they said Dino. Sony or SB can't say anything. They can't force Capcom to use the old one. I fully blame Capcom for that reboot shitface and partly Sony for letting this marketing happen but not Superbot.

Yes I should have worded better. Reviewers don't say the roster bad just unsatisfying. The main main first party choices are really good and very well implemented. But the omission of any Sony JRPG and other first party request is baffling. And the third party choices are also meh but I know that it is not in Superbots hands when publisher doesn't want or asks too much.

And the iconic crap is bullshit imo. Almost every of the first party choices are iconic or from a million seller franchise. Yeah they are not Mario or Zelda level but how many are?
Old 2012-11-21, 17:02   Link #68
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

In the case of the problem with the roster, I could see two reasons why it could be a problem:

1. Whereas Smash Brothers had a number of characters that needed to be unlocked (with quite a number of characters that need to be unlocked in Brawl), pretty much all the fighters on the disc in PS All-Stars are available from the get go.

2. There's a number of franchises missing from the game that I'm sure some players would have loved to have seen be playable here.

Luckily, this game will be getting DLC characters, so you can probably expect the roster lineup to grow somewhat throughout 2013 (although the big question will be how many more besides the two that have been announced so far).
Old 2012-12-04, 13:28   Link #69
defki

Well for the one or two people that are interested we have pictures and infos on Kat and Emmett. http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/4/372...sh-dlc-preview

Quote:

Spoiler for Kat:

In PlayStation All-Stars, Kat's fighting techniques stay true to her combat in Gravity Rush, focusing mainly on kicks. Kat's a heavy rushdown character, director Omar Kendall tells Polygon. Her suite of moves includes a dive kick that can be used to quickly cover distances, leading to up-close combos that can quickly trap foes in a deadly flurry of kicks and anti-gravity power moves.

Kat's gravity powers can draw in and damage foes in the form of a massive energy ball. She can also summon items from a stage (barrels, furniture) to encircle her avatar, then launch them at opponents.

Kat's super moves include a deadlier version of her slide kick at level one, followed by a move that fires two volleys of tracking, stalactite-like projectiles at level two. Her maxed out super move envelopes her in a black cat shroud that delivers deadly one-hit kill slashes and area of effect attacks.

Spoiler for Emmett:

In contrast to Kat, Starhawk's Emmett uses a series of long range attacks in battle. While Emmett can deliver close range punches and a ground pound launcher with limited reach, he's also armed with guns, grenades and mines. Emmett can summon supply drops during fights, calling down auto-firing turrets — a real nuisance — and a generator that emits AP (All-Star Power), the energy that fuels super meters.

Emmett can also request drops for different weapons, a reference to Starhawk's "Build-in-Battle" system. In addition to his standard rifle, he can call in drops that outfit him with a shotgun or missile launcher, each with limited ammo that can be refilled from the supply drop container. Those containers can cause damage to other players as they fall, making Emmett an annoying force to be reckoned with.

While Emmett's level three super wasn't working in the build of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale demoed by Superbot Entertainment, his other super moves were. One modifies whatever gun Emmett currently has equipped, transforming the stock ammunition into an energy blast far deadlier. His second tier super calls down a massive supply drop, killing any enemy unlucky enough to be in its path.
More pics and infos are in the link. There are also pictures of the new Wipeout/Heavenly Sword level.

Kat, Emmett and the new stage will be released in early 2013. Kat and Emmett will be free DLC for the first two weeks and after that most likely become paid DLC. Superbot are still uncertain about the stage.

Last edited by defki; 2012-12-04 at 14:31.
Old 2012-12-04, 13:40   Link #70
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Emmett sounds way more fun to play.
Old 2012-12-04, 13:54   Link #71
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Emmett sounds way more fun to play.
Pretty much yes (as much as my inner Kat fanboy screams no). If they pull it right Emmett could be the most interesting character.

Edit: Omar also confirmed that there will be more DLC in 2013

Last edited by defki; 2012-12-04 at 14:11.
Old 2012-12-04, 14:53   Link #72
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Sounds like both will be nice additions to the group.
Old 2012-12-04, 17:32   Link #73
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Kat also looks like she can easily be brokenly OP

Emmett on the other hand sounds like he's gonna be one of the hradest characters to master.
Old 2012-12-04, 21:58   Link #74
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'm still searching for the Japanese version. Said to have the original Dante. All I get is the asian ver.
Old 2012-12-05, 07:04   Link #75
defki

Quote:
I'm still searching for the Japanese version. Said to have the original Dante. All I get is the asian ver.
Japanese version will be released next year in January. I think it is supposed to be 31. January but I am not sure.

Last edited by defki; 2012-12-05 at 07:16.
Old 2012-12-05, 20:29   Link #76
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Thanks. Hoping to get that version of the game if news is true.
Old 2013-01-17, 13:56   Link #77
defki

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...for-two-weeks/

Kat and Emmett info and trailers were released. Not that anyone cares . Release date is the 12th February and they are free for the first two weeks.

Kat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n36iS...layer_embedded
Emmett: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRUQk...layer_embedded

There will also be more info in March.
Old 2013-01-17, 15:47   Link #78
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well nice to know they'll be out soon. More characters to fool around with.
Old 2013-01-17, 22:05   Link #79
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

makes me wonder if they're disc lock.
We never had a full game ever since...
Old 2013-01-17, 22:11   Link #80
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
makes me wonder if they're disc lock.
We never had a full game ever since...
I think we'd already know by now if they were "disc-locked".
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote