AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-08, 06:27   Link #1
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Fate/ Series Music Discussion

For those of you who have listened to the original game opening and this remake, what are your thoughts?

I felt that the remake was very well done. The vocals are appealing and the instrumentation is really rich and harmonious compared to the minimalistic game opening. However, I think the game opening gives more of an action-oriented feeling, while the anime opening uses a different interpretation of harmonic progression than what I was imagining for the game opening, and thus leads me in a slightly different direction. For example, the part building up to the chorus is upbeat in the original game opening, but in the anime opening, it seems to be more resolvant-sounding. However, since I haven't played the game, I can't really form any opinions on a comparison between the two in terms of story development and pacing and what is emphasized and what is not.

I don't know if "disillusion" is a pun on the pronunciation of "THIS ILLUSION" but the name is rather clever and does seem to hint at the different atmosphere I felt from the new opening song.

[MOD Edit]: Please use this thread to also discuss the music from the Fate/Zero anime.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-10-17 at 22:10.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 08:31   Link #2
CelestialShadow

It's a nice remix by itself really, but it just feels too "relaxed" for the mood and tone of F/SN - which is usually dark (the battles, clashes of beliefs, dramatic events/flashbacks etc.)
It makes me think that the servants and masters are inside some MMORPG where they just kill for fun.
As a song though, i may end up liking it more than the original.
CelestialShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 13:48   Link #3
acidflower

I like it, better than the ED.
acidflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 18:02   Link #4
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

In my opinion the anime version is better, althrough the game version would also fit the anime nice. But i'm going for the new mixed version.
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 18:34   Link #5
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

I like the remake since it blends in well with the current athmosphere the anime has set off. It feels more refined in terms of orchestration vs. the slightly techno off-beat tempo of the original.

I really didn't think they could beat the original OP, but I was completely wrong. Remixing the original OP was probably the best move Geneon could do and they did it with flying colors in my book ^^
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 20:28   Link #6
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
I wonder if they will consider making an upbeat version of disillusion (call it reillusion or something <_<) as some sort of insert song or something. Would be neat...
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 21:05   Link #7
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It goes well with the story of Fate/Stay Night, i also enjoyed the ED too.
Old 2006-01-17, 08:16   Link #8
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
It'd be better if it was more upbeat but it is a nice song.^_^
Old 2006-01-17, 10:54   Link #9
Paracelsus

I love it...wayyyy better than the M.H. remix <_<

Too bad....rules are rules >_>

Last edited by Paracelsus; 2006-01-17 at 11:18.
Paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 23:27   Link #10
deviousj
Joker and Aoko fan

Send a message via AIM to deviousj
I like it, but it feels too relaxed. I was expecting something like Tsukihime's OP, but whatever. I loved Tsukihime's OP. This one's not bad though.
deviousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 11:06   Link #11
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
The game OP is bit crude, Kenji Kawai managed to create a more soothing OP.
Old 2006-01-18, 20:06   Link #12
vin.dictive

Although I <3 both Fate/stay OPs...

I prefer the anime version for its soothingness and its not very high-pitch screechy compared to the original thanks to the vocals of Tainaka Sachi. :) But I do prefer the visuals from the game OP for sure.
vin.dictive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 05:29   Link #13
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I'm going to be the only one who liked the game version better. I'm so addicted to it, I have it on repeat on my psp. It just flows better with the action sequences that are in it.

Tsukihime's opening song(the series anyway i haven't played the game), was excellent. Too bad the series left me wanting more in terms of wrapping up the story, and extending it in some areas. So much potential but...
Old 2006-01-19, 21:39   Link #14
ordnance11

I prefer the OP/ED from the anime also. I like the rising melodic line.
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 22:10   Link #15
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I couldn't say i prefer one other another, just think both of them suit to what they're on.
Old 2006-01-22, 02:49   Link #16
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Same here. I played both and found that the game OP's upbeat style would fit the anime's Op animation and vice versa. They just both fit well. You could say that both songs are potraying two different moods, the anime's calm somber mood, and the games aggresive upbeat mood.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 15:24   Link #17
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

I like the opening music quite a lot, its different to other anime op songs i have heard lately,

has a nice smooth/flowy feel to it , but for some reason i feel as if it would be good for the game,

BUT having never heard the game music, im just wondering if anyone has a sample, and the name of the artist and song?
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 15:41   Link #18
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanthraX^
I like the opening music quite a lot, its different to other anime op songs i have heard lately,

has a nice smooth/flowy feel to it , but for some reason i feel as if it would be good for the game,

BUT having never heard the game music, im just wondering if anyone has a sample, and the name of the artist and song?
Gladly, head to the Fate/stay night game official site:
http://www.typemoon.com/fate/index.html

Click on the tab that says "sounds", you can download the short version of the game's OP "This Illusion"

On another topic, I liked the anime OP remix, but the animation itself was a little... uneventful. The game's OP movie had more "tension" to it.
Ah, you can download the game's OP movie here:
http://www.typemoon.com/dl/fate_movie_anime.html
Insani has an English subbed version here (+translated game demo):
http://www.insani.org/fate.html

Puyo-san's Fate/FMA OP parody actually looked like it could've made a great OP :
http://www.puyotopia.com/fate.htm
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 15:57   Link #19
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Thanks alot Sushi-Y!!!

whats the artist name and song name, i dont understand japanese, and i dont have a japanese charachter module installed on firefox, so all i see are question marks =[
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 16:08   Link #20
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanthraX^
Thanks alot Sushi-Y!!!

whats the artist name and song name, i dont understand japanese, and i dont have a japanese charachter module installed on firefox, so all i see are question marks =[
The "Sounds" link is in English. And the song name "This Illusion" is also in English. Here for easy accessing:

http://www.typemoon.com/fate/sound/index.html
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote