Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-13, 10:39   Link #201
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
Yes we do, Bon Clay disguised himself as Magellen and convinced the Impel Down guards to open it, the real magellen found out bon clay may have been killed as a result, what a man.
No Blaine, he's refering to the other gate of Justice.

There were two gates opened. One is the entrance/exit to Impel Down.
The other is the entrance/exit to Marine HQ.

Bon opened the ID gate.
Who opened the one at MHQ is unknown at this point.
Old 2009-10-13, 10:41   Link #202
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
Yes we do, Bon Clay disguised himself as Magellen and convinced the Impel Down guards to open it, the real magellen found out bon clay may have been killed as a result, what a man.

No, he means the gate of justice at Marineford, not Impel Down. We still don't know who was responsible for opening that one up.....

Edit: Heh, got ninja'd by aohige.
Old 2009-10-13, 11:32   Link #203
james0246

Technically, there are 3 Gates of Justice....
Old 2009-10-13, 13:41   Link #204
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

james0246...who is that girl with the pink hair in your avatar? What series is that?

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-10-13, 14:47   Link #205
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
No, he means the gate of justice at Marineford, not Impel Down. We still don't know who was responsible for opening that one up.....

Edit: Heh, got ninja'd by aohige.
Or..... Whitebeard's tsunami carried them up and over the gate, then Aokiji froze it just when it was above the battlefield.
Old 2009-10-13, 14:55   Link #206
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Or..... Whitebeard's tsunami carried them up and over the gate, then Aokiji froze it just when it was above the battlefield.
Nope it was openend, Sengoku was reported that someone had opened Marineford gate and he was quite shocked by the news.

It was opened but by whom is yet unknown. Two most popular theorys are Kuma and Revolutionaries, and Kuma has been nothing but walking corpse since Shabondy arc.
Old 2009-10-13, 14:57   Link #207
Nvis

Do you have the specific chapter, I couldn't find it.
Old 2009-10-13, 15:11   Link #208
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Do you have the specific chapter, I couldn't find it.
Chapter 551
Old 2009-10-13, 15:19   Link #209
Nvis

Well, completely forgot about that.

At least it's assuring that there's a spy in the Marines.
Old 2009-10-13, 15:19   Link #210
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Maybe some DF user, or someone else is pulling strings here beside DonFlamingo XD
Old 2009-10-13, 16:53   Link #211
Jaieni

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
james0246...who is that girl with the pink hair in your avatar? What series is that?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Har%C3%A9%2BGuu
Old 2009-10-13, 17:09   Link #212
marvelB

You know, reading my post on the last page about wanting to see obscure marines in action and reading about the mysterious opening of Marineford's gate of justice on this page lit up a light bulb in my head:

What if Bogart was the one who opened the gate?

Now, hear me out. The thing is, we haven't seen the guy ANYWHERE on the battlefield during these last ten or so chapters, nor have we seen him guarding Ace with Garp and the admirals. In fact, we haven't seen him AT ALL during these last few storylines. Up 'till Water 7, he never left Garp's side. Yet, when we found out that a war was a-brewin' after Ace's capture, he pretty much disappeared in a puff of smoke. That smells pretty fishy if you ask me......

And it's not like we even knew much about the guy in the first place, anyway. We just know that he's Garp's right-hand man, is a swordsman, and..... that's it. We don't even know what rank he holds in the marines. IMO, that would make him the perfect candidate for a revolutionary spy. Hell, he was probably in cahoots with Kuma up until he got his mind wiped by Vegapunk. If this is truly the case then I think this raises the chance of Dragon getting involved in this war severalfold. If that's not the case and it turns out that he was just fighting pirates off-screen, then so be it. But I still think it's a pretty good theory so far......
Old 2009-10-13, 18:11   Link #213
Jaieni

Quote:
You know, reading my post on the last page about wanting to see obscure marines in action and reading about the mysterious opening of Marineford's gate of justice on this page lit up a light bulb in my head:

Now, hear me out. The thing is, we haven't seen the guy ANYWHERE on the battlefield during these last ten or so chapters, nor have we seen him guarding Ace with Garp and the admirals. In fact, we haven't seen him AT ALL during these last few storylines. Up 'till Water 7, he never left Garp's side. Yet, when we found out that a war was a-brewin' after Ace's capture, he pretty much disappeared in a puff of smoke. That smells pretty fishy if you ask me......

And it's not like we even knew much about the guy in the first place, anyway. We just know that he's Garp's right-hand man, is a swordsman, and..... that's it. We don't even know what rank he holds in the marines. IMO, that would make him the perfect candidate for a revolutionary spy. Hell, he was probably in cahoots with Kuma up until he got his mind wiped by Vegapunk. If this is truly the case then I think this raises the chance of Dragon getting involved in this war severalfold. If that's not the case and it turns out that he was just fighting pirates off-screen, then so be it. But I still think it's a pretty good theory so far......

I like this theory until proven otherwise.

It might also be him that allowed Garp to talk to Dragon about Luffy. It was after Water 7 that Garp had mentioned he had talked to his son.

note:
Bogart didn't have a surprised expression when Garp let it slip that Luffy was Dragon's son.
Old 2009-10-13, 18:44   Link #214
tetsuo69

no chapter this week ?
Old 2009-10-13, 19:15   Link #215
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:

I like your theory, I hope its true, but I don't think that's the case. Bogart is Garp's Right Hand Man, saying that Bogart is a revolutionary would indirectly imply that Garp is involved in the Revolutionaries as well. Garp, while he disobey orders and etc., is a loyal Marine nonetheless. I doubt he would accept Bogart as his right-hand man knowing that he's a traitor to the World Government.

Bogart most likely knows all about Garp's secrets; his involvement with the Pirate King Gold D. Roger, Portgas D. Rouge, Dark King Rayleigh, The Revolutionary Dragon, Fire Fist Ace, and his Grandson Luffy. I mean you CAN'T be somebody's right-hand man if you're not trusted. Garp has made it clear where his loyalties lie overall, he said he shows NO PITY to Criminals, "But Family Is Different".

I always wanted to see Bogart fight, maybe he'll be the one to save Luffy. Man to have his first fight in the series be against The Greatest Swordsman in the World Mihawk would say a lot about his strength
Old 2009-10-14, 05:37   Link #216
Battler-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
no chapter this week ?
Sadly no. It's quite a pain.
Old 2009-10-14, 18:39   Link #217
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Was he alongside Garp, when Garp visited Ace at Impel Down? I don't remember him being there. So, if he is not around for some time, maybe it would be better to focus on either too distant relationships, or the opposite scenario. If he weren't around Garp for a long time, then him doing what you said him doing does not really make sense. He doesn't need to disappear for a long time to do that.
And I don't think there were many scenes suggesting it would be ok for him being with Garp in the first place.
Old 2009-10-14, 18:55   Link #218
james0246

Quote:
I seem to recall he did appear in Chapter 553, on one of the double pages, hiding behind some Vice-Admirals. Then again, I could be mistaken...
Old 2009-10-14, 19:33   Link #219
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I seem to recall he did appear in Chapter 553, on one of the double pages, hiding behind some Vice-Admirals. Then again, I could be mistaken...

I know you're talking about that VA spread, but there still hasn't really been anything to indicate that Bogart was amongst them. We just saw a shape that resembled his hat somewhat, but that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Was he alongside Garp, when Garp visited Ace at Impel Down? I don't remember him being there. So, if he is not around for some time, maybe it would be better to focus on either too distant relationships, or the opposite scenario. If he weren't around Garp for a long time, then him doing what you said him doing does not really make sense. He doesn't need to disappear for a long time to do that.
And I don't think there were many scenes suggesting it would be ok for him being with Garp in the first place.

Like I said before, we haven't seen him AT ALL since Water 7. Here's Garp when he was shown at the end of Thriller Bark:

Spoiler:

During the Sabaody arc:

Spoiler:

And his visit with Ace at Impel Down (too lazy to crop the image, sorry):

Spoiler:

I know that we could have an explanation as simple as something like, oh say, Garp sending him on some important errands and whatnot, but the fact that we haven't seen or heard from him at all is what strikes me as odd. I mean, here we are in a huge critical event that will bring about the end of an era, but we haven't seen Bogart fighting pirates along with his fellow sailors. Why is it that we've seen obscure marines like John Giant, Comil, and even those VAs that Doflamingo played around with at the battlefield, but not him? If he's shown taking out some New World pirates within the next few chapters, then I'll disregard my theory. But as it currently stands, I've got the guy marked as a spy for Dragon along with Kuma. For all we know, his long absence may have been spent cooking up something big for this war, a plan that he's tasked to carry out after Kuma has been lost to the group, and opening the gate of justice was only the first step.......
Old 2009-10-15, 00:35   Link #220
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
I know you're talking about that VA spread, but there still hasn't really been anything to indicate that Bogart was amongst them. We just saw a shape that resembled his hat somewhat, but that's it.

Like I said before, we haven't seen him AT ALL since Water 7. Here's Garp when he was shown at the end of Thriller Bark:

Spoiler:

During the Sabaody arc:

Spoiler:

And his visit with Ace at Impel Down (too lazy to crop the image, sorry):

Spoiler:

I know that we could have an explanation as simple as something like, oh say, Garp sending him on some important errands and whatnot, but the fact that we haven't seen or heard from him at all is what strikes me as odd. I mean, here we are in a huge critical event that will bring about the end of an era, but we haven't seen Bogart fighting pirates along with his fellow sailors. Why is it that we've seen obscure marines like John Giant, Comil, and even those VAs that Doflamingo played around with at the battlefield, but not him? If he's shown taking out some New World pirates within the next few chapters, then I'll disregard my theory. But as it currently stands, I've got the guy marked as a spy for Dragon along with Kuma. For all we know, his long absence may have been spent cooking up something big for this war, a plan that he's tasked to carry out after Kuma has been lost to the group, and opening the gate of justice was only the first step.......
As long as we're concocting crazy theories. I always thought that maybe the world's number two swordsman was a person that we already knew about. Bogart seems like a pretty good candidate for that as I suspected that the number two is probably a villain or a person who's hiding their true strength.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Closed Thread