AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Bakemonogatari - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 20 14.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 17.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 17.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 28 19.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 9.93%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 17 12.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 5.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.71%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.13%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-13, 08:50   Link #101
Ottocycle

The animation department, as we all know already, clearly lacked in this episode due to worldly issues probably out of the makers' control. As such, it fell to the sound director to pick up the slack, at least for me.

While the episode did cause me to pause the episode to find out whether my player was lagging, showing how noticeable the cuts were, the music and sounds stayed intense. What wasn't shown, my head automatically made up for. This I thought the episode did superbly. While turning the episode into a picture drama, the sounds left absolutely nothing to the imagination, especially in the battle scene.

That said, I must clarify that the above paragraph is absolutely no excuse for the lack of animation, this being an example of it and all. But definitely, I feel that credit should be given where it is due, especially when most of us probably take the audio department for granted given the overall good quality of it throughout the industry (and this series). I thought Bakemonogatari's sound staff, music staff and voice actors were given a chance to shine this episode, and they rose to the challenge. Kudos.

As a footnote, I have a bad computer, so I guess I'm probably more used to laggy video than most.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 09:00   Link #102
Forever
Revealing the truth

Didnt cared too much about the animation quality, just slightly disappointed at the lack of a coherent fight scene...

Still nice ep overall. Araragi realises his limits and also realises the downfall of his all-encompassing kind character. Well, for his age, he can still be forgiven for being naive.

Ah the OP. I could watch it the whole day. She is so adorable!
Old 2009-09-13, 09:11   Link #103
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just so people know, the DVD/blu-ray release for this arc is December 23rd. Not that much of a long wait really.
Old 2009-09-13, 09:40   Link #104
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Meh. It's one of my favourite shows this season so the lack of animation and missing scenes were really painful to watch.

Not that I'm not used to it. I also waited for the DVD version with Moon Phase (the lack of subs kind of contributed too).
don_Durandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 09:47   Link #105
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
I think its been said already, but this week's animation was the worst I've seen for a long time. The overuse of still images was just frustrating. BUT unlike how other certain anime episodes used this technique, the dialogue in Bakemonogatari completely blows the mind away. For this particular episode I would've rated it above average if there was only txts to read and absolutely no animation, but the OP forced me to up the rating lol
Old 2009-09-13, 10:31   Link #106
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Obviously animation sucks, but I guess they'll fix that later.

Plot wise and everything else was awesome. I gave it a below average, for Bakemonogatari standards just because it wasen't finished in time.

Last edited by Miyuki-ism; 2009-09-13 at 11:19.
Miyuki-ism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 10:40   Link #107
sirn
田舎者言うな

Prompt report of today's TV Saitama broadcast saying there were several additional cuts.
Some of the annoying parts were "fixed", to the point it's watchable.

Don't know if it's true, but if it is I guess everything will be fully "fixed" by BS-J broadcast next week.
(Though, BS-J censor stuffs. Some part of last week's bloomer scene were removed in BS-J broadcast.)

Last edited by sirn; 2009-09-13 at 10:50.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 10:50   Link #108
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Once again Senjougahara saves Araragi, although it was via proxy, by sticking Kanbaru onto Araragi's tail. In this way Kanbaru managed to save Araragi. As Senjoughara said, "Koyomi doesn't think things through. He goes with the flow" He is dangerous to himself in this way... and Kanbaru saved his idiotic skin. This makes 3 people that have warned Koyomi.

1. Hanekawa... Don't be so kind to every one.
2. Oshino... Won't be here forever, Stop sticking your nose into peoples oddity business.
3. Kanbaru... Think about who your suppose to save... don't make mistakes.

Kanbaru, who knows the depth of Hitagi's feeling for him, could never face Hitagi if she let Koyomi screw up and die. Hanekawa was right again... "It is hard on Kanbaru as well"

So that was also he apologized so deeply... he did promise Hanekawa to keep her advice in his heart.

Now it makes sense to him even more clearly.

He may think his family doesn't want him around or need him... but two new people need him.

His girlfriend and her best friend.

quite a fix Koyomi... you have some growing up to do.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 10:52   Link #109
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Prompt report of today's TV Saitama broadcast saying there were several additional cuts.
Some of the annoying parts were "fixed", to the point it's watchable.

Don't know if it's true, but if it is I guess everything will be fully "fixed" by BS-J broadcast next week.
(Though, BS-J censor stuffs. Some part of last week's bloomer scene were removed in BS-J broadcast.)
Woh! That's good to hear. If it's true then I hope someone will release raw from other broadcast channel too.
Old 2009-09-13, 11:21   Link #110
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
I'll definitely watch the 'fixed' raw without subs.
Old 2009-09-13, 11:39   Link #111
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Something about Araragi in the MOEEEEEEEEEE op, he... he looks so manly and badass walking while Nadeko admires him. <3

I wish I had a little sister. *Sad face*

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 11:42   Link #112
thefeared

The animation was crap, but I didn't really care. The show focuses on the dialogue, not the animation.
thefeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 11:45   Link #113
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
This arc was by far the weakest, both on plot and animation ... Nadeko and her story seemed very shallow, I wonder if that's the case with the novels.

In any case the story weakness could be fixed with some decent art and animation, but unfortunately too much resource was spent on the previous arc and action episodes back to back obviously need more staff, scrolling on stills of a naked loli won't cut it

Anyway, now finally we move to my favorite character

PS: This episode reminded me of the seasonal finales of Tsukuyomi ... unfinished action animation to the point of making no sense and excessive loli-service
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 11:51   Link #114
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
I wish I had a little sister. *Sad face*

No seriously. Truer words have never been spoken and all that jazz. I've got a little sister. Certainly, I love her very much, but like all siblings, we do fight and she does annoy me sometimes. It's not everything anime makes it out to be.

Anyway, just watched it subbed. On second viewing, really, it was only that one ridiculous scene with Araragi zoning out for fifteen seconds that got at me. While it was still obvious that they were skimping on the animation, I still found the snake fight scene and the rest of the ep pretty watchable, and as someone else mentioned, in some ways more effective for letting your imagination do the work.

Of course I still want a more animated fight scene but in any case...

Very interesting conclusion. The arc was definitely more about Araragi than it was about Sengoku. I suppose his sort of passive, try-to-save-everyone personality is going to be fully addressed come next arc.
Old 2009-09-13, 11:57   Link #115
zato_1one

I agree that this arc was pretty straight forward. The problem was resolved real quick. May be that's why it has only two episodes. But I think that the most important thing in this arc was that it made Araragi started to realize that he couldn't save everyone and he should think about his future more seriously. Meme won't stay and help him forever and it's about Shinobu's case too. If Araragi want to be normal human again, he must leave Shinobu. Although this arc may look weak but it has the most important development for Araragi's character. IMO

Last edited by zato_1one; 2009-09-13 at 12:21.
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 12:23   Link #116
konnyaro

Is there a insinuation about Kambaru doing oral sex in Araragi or am I just a hentai?
konnyaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 12:33   Link #117
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by konnyaro View Post
Is there a insinuation about Kambaru doing oral sex in Araragi or am I just a hentai?
You're having dirty thoughts xD.

I didn't really catch that at all.
Old 2009-09-13, 12:38   Link #118
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Ignoring the fact that they were trying to mask "sloppiness" with the false image of "art" I still quite liked this arc and how the story ended in fact. For once I think Arararagi will give some real thought about how many people he can save with his power which amusingly his personality reminds me of some other character; Shirou for he also wants to "save all and leave no casualties". But now that Oshino and Kanbaru started hammering the point to him that he isn't superman I think he may start to go on an interesting change. Granted his will to save people won't be changing any time soon I think he will start to use his head a little here.

It was a real shame that the action scenes were screwed up though...not to mention how the audio didn't match the images near the end. Why must you ruin a perfectly good thing >.>

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 12:52   Link #119
konnyaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
You're having dirty thoughts xD.

I didn't really catch that at all.
But it could explain the weird noises Araragi did in the scene and after that why both were so embarassed. Don't you think so?
konnyaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 12:55   Link #120
SageGaiGar
You are Next

That was the 'snake fight' actually. Getting constricted by that grudge.