AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-03-02, 21:42   Link #301
Woden

It better not stop the subbers from releasing StrikerS, and I had better burn some DVDs now...

I am slightly concerned about the accuracy of the information, as it says that the Nanoha domain name was registered in January.
Woden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 05:37   Link #302
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

man i've been falling behind on the episodes
so far i"ve managed to see up to episode five
and man are these two girls strong!!
heh never knew magic staffs like those carry that much power!!
but i really need to catch up because of Nanoha strikerS is coming in April
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 07:42   Link #303
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
Good luck !

T-minus 4 weeks!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 09:13   Link #304
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(don't remind me of my final...)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 17:48   Link #305
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
man i've been falling behind on the episodes
so far i"ve managed to see up to episode five
and man are these two girls strong!!
heh never knew magic staffs like those carry that much power!!
but i really need to catch up because of Nanoha strikerS is coming in April
you are lucky as you dont have to wait that long for strikerS ~ to most of us its seemed like...forever! im starting to go white XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 04:22   Link #306
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

yea four weeks aint that long
i mean it sounds long
but with work and school and upcoming mid terms
it wont be too long until its April and then i"ll be seeing fansubbed Nanoha StrikerS already

but yes hopefully i will get enough time to finish both Nanoha and Nanoha A"s by April!!!

oh yea and theres rumor that Geneon may have the license to release the DVD"s in the US!!!
i seen the thread on this forum about it already and it sounds possible that they already got the license
they"re just teasing us about it i think

edit: i just watched up to episode eight and oh my goodness did those three episodes reveal alot of stuff
first off a third mage and its a boy named Chrono!!(wasnt really expecting that)
and plus the reveal of the true power of the "lost logia" or "jewel seeds"
and third WTF!!! IS UP WITH FATE"S MOM!!
just watching Fate get whipped so helplessly made me mad!! (for some unknown reason)
man its getting good!!

Last edited by Ultima_Rasengan05; 2007-03-06 at 06:36.
Old 2007-03-06, 12:35   Link #307
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
just watching Fate get whipped so helplessly made me mad!! (for some unknown reason)
i dont think the reason is unknown at all...no one likes to see their fav loli getting tortured on screen

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 15:17   Link #308
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
i dont think the reason is unknown at all...no one likes to see their fav loli getting tortured on screen
ahahaha thats true!!
i guess i did have a reason
but i finally got to finish Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha!!
man what a great first season
and they sure are strong for girls with magical powers
and so is Chrono also...heh
but i guess the highlight episode for me in this first season of Nanoha was episode 11
two words
STARLIGHT BREAKER!
holy crap is that attack huge!!!
and atleast Fate's mom died
she was really irritating!!
no more whippings for Fate-chan!!yay!!

oh well now its time for Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's and then off to StrkerS in April!!!
(i guess i'm making good time)
Old 2007-03-09, 00:54   Link #309
Veni-vidi-vici

Well, I just finished this and A's recently, and I was pleasantly surprised. I really liked this series. Usually I try to steer away from mahou shoujo titles, but this is much more than the typical; besides the fact that Nanoha seems to be able to blow the crap out of everything...
Can't wait for StrikerS, though the decision to go 10 years later surprises me, but it should be interesting; hopfully it'll still include enough of the old cast and not focus too much on the new ones.

Btw, does anyone know how long the intelligent devices are? Or how tall the characters are? I'm toying with the idea of making a replica.
Veni-vidi-vici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 18:02   Link #310
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

re-watching the original Nanoha, i really got the idea they heading somewhere with the Nanoha/Yuno/Chrono love triangle. But it seems all that got drop in A's.

I wonder whose decision it was to drop the traditional love triangle and add the yuri.
Old 2008-03-22, 18:05   Link #311
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
re-watching the original Nanoha, i really got the idea they heading somewhere with the Nanoha/Yuno/Chrono love triangle. But it seems all that got drop in A's.

I wonder whose decision it was to drop the traditional love triangle and add the yuri.
Well what do you expect, it's a classical Mahou Shoujo series, so majority of the mages in the series will be females, with a few males here and there :3

Well....that was the concept for Nanoha anyways :3

If anything, 7arcs animation might've had to do something with it :3
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 04:53   Link #312
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

In my opinion, that could have made the series a little bit more interesting if they kept that concept in. I mean, when I first watched A's, I was wondering what ever happened to that love triangle. oh wells, whats done is done and no point in whining about it.

Though I was really hoping for them to continue on that concept even through StrikerS, but they just dropped it.
Old 2008-10-25, 19:41   Link #313
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Woot, I love this show. ;d

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 22:31   Link #314
Fate21
Kiyu~

I seriously love this anime (all season)
First impression : When i first watch Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha in early episode, i thought this is really girly LOL and that's slowly changed. And when i watched StrikerS, i thought this is surprising so different from the other seasons.
Fate21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 11:00   Link #315
supermantin

i like this anime
anime Magical Nahoha is my fan i love that
supermantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 14:43   Link #316
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
A's > first season > StrikerS for me. The momentum was dramatically amplified when Fate was introduced. It was no longer a typical magical girl show after that. A bond of friendship was formed in order to rescue Fate from the clutches of her demented mother. Fate endured those trials and tribulations in order to evolve into my all-time number one favorite character in general.

A's kept the action and suspense throughout the entirety of the season and we get to see Fate in an unlimitedly cute school uniform. There were also well developed antagonists and had more character development there.

StrikerS - I'm more lenient about it now that I realize that in order to have another season, they would have to focus on a new cast. Thankfully Fate redeemed it near the end with her shining moment.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 00:14   Link #317
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Holy thread necromancy, Batman!

To keep this from being a useless post...

A's > StrikerS > S1.

Still hate the Loads and Loads of Characters aspect of StrikerS. The Wolkenritter should have been the focus if they wanted to change up the cast.

moar vita plz

I still cannot deny Teana as my favorite character of StrikerS, but that's primarily because she received more Character Development than almost any character in all three seasons, in one season!
Old 2010-01-18, 05:18   Link #318
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I would say A's > 1st season = StrikerS

Overall this season wasn't too impressive from a storytelling point of view; the first few episodes were just very boring and the show had no aim. It was flat out bad. But interestingly enough, in those infamous transformation scenes, I paid more attention to the devices. I also like how they didn't use this scene every single time like in many another show.

The main draw for me was Fate; poor girl suffers a lot and her terrible mom sends her out to do evil errands in inappropriate outfits. Her motivations are endearing and Nanoha's initially naive attempts to help her help bring the show to be something other a generic loli show. (Characters with motivations and feelings? Now that's something most writers haven't heard of) Nanoha gets less naive and Fate learns to live for other things. Not the deepest thing, but well executed. I would say ep 11 and 13 are some of my all time favorites for anime, not just the series.

Also, Nanoha's armor is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I will be waiting for the movie rendition of this story.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 16:48   Link #319
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I would say A's > 1st season = StrikerS

Overall this season wasn't too impressive from a storytelling point of view; the first few episodes were just very boring and the show had no aim. It was flat out bad. But interestingly enough, in those infamous transformation scenes, I paid more attention to the devices. I also like how they didn't use this scene every single time like in many another show.

The main draw for me was Fate; poor girl suffers a lot and her terrible mom sends her out to do evil errands in inappropriate outfits. Her motivations are endearing and Nanoha's initially naive attempts to help her help bring the show to be something other a generic loli show. (Characters with motivations and feelings? Now that's something most writers haven't heard of) Nanoha gets less naive and Fate learns to live for other things. Not the deepest thing, but well executed. I would say ep 11 and 13 are some of my all time favorites for anime, not just the series.

Also, Nanoha's armor is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I will be waiting for the movie rendition of this story.
That is pretty much why I enjoyed the first season so much. It is amazing how the director turned something that started out so cliche and boring, into something so dramatic and endearing. Of course, Fate's personality is partly why the series evolved from something generic to something far more dynamic within the span of a handful of episodes. A lonely and wounded innocent little girl with the utmost loyalty and obedience to her cruel mother. Longing to be loved, wished to be seen, frighted for friendship, because she never had any. It was an indescribable joy watching her develop throughout her 9 episodes of appearance.

And then there is Nanoha, Fate's polar opposite at a glance. An all around happy girl, with loving friends and family, and yet she longed for nothing more than to understand the feelings of the girl with sad, yet beautiful eyes. Her combative nature sparked many turning points for the duo's inevitable friendship, and while Nanoha's thinking can be rather simplistic at times, her straightforward and kind-hearted nature was what eventually marked the beginning of a long-lasting friendship between these two girls. The bridge scene may have been longer than it could have been, but it was still beautiful and remains one of my favorite anime episodes - ever.

I guess you could say the characters made the first season, which is understandable considering the series had a heavy focus on only two characters. That is mainly why A's is the better series, because it excels at many aspects, while retaining the high quality characters and development of said characters... And StrikerS is something entirely different, which is why comparing it to the first season is a complicated task. I still prefer the first, in any case.

A's > first season > StrikerS

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-01-18 at 18:27.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 18:28   Link #320
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I thought the bridge scene was of a good length.

A's was a way more balanced series than either season since it basically took all that was good about the first and pretty much refined it to a better product.

StrikerS... well Nanoha has always been a character-based show, and thus the massive cast just diluted everything. It stumbled around but they started to get it in the end, even if the plot was really stupid. I could enjoy it, but on a much more shallow level. I mean, it does have adult Fate.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote